Outdoors
Sponsored by

Trump Shot at PA rally

24,998 Views | 149 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ATX_AG_08
WestGalvestonAggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Eliminatus said:

Thought this was interesting. I don't care about the meme itself and have no comment on it but it's the most clear large pic of the female agent I could find. She is running a stock G19 with TLR7 and no optics. Does anyone else think that is just a lil odd? I guess I expected a lil bit more for someone who is expected to treat it as a primary. I know the Air Marshals have their reputation for handgun proficiency and standards but I guess I expected the USSS to have adapted that extra little edge that an RDS can provide in fast moving situation. A duty gun is a duty gun for a reason and the setup is a damn fine one mind you, but again, just expected all would be equipped with RDS's at this point.

The camera may have caught her in a bad moment. Maybe she's very good at what she does, I have no idea, but in the moment this poor lady looked absolutely out of place. Now I'll go on record saying that I'm a HUGE fan of female cops in general, especially the good ones, but this particular agent made herself a meme by the way she bungled holstering her weapon in the worst moment imaginable. Nothing about this passes the eye test.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
TikkaShooter
You do realize that the female in the now famous photo of Donald is not the female in this photo?

She can be seen here. Blonder hair, over this ladies shoulder.
WestGalvestonAggie
Of course I do. Very VERY different responses. One was composed and the other looked absolutely incompetent.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
mhnatt
TikkaShooter said:

You do realize that the female in the now famous photo of Donald is not the female in this photo?

She can be seen here. Blonder hair, over this ladies shoulder.

Which drives home our point of having way too many undersized females as the lead covers. Check out these three "heroes" of yours:

Mas89
AG
No.
My question to you is can Butterface run a 6 minute mile? If not why is she there in that capacity?
TikkaShooter
Quote:

No

It shows
Mas89
AG
But if I did she would know how to handle guns better than those people.
Do you really support the DEI hires if they are not capable of running a 6 minute mile? No physical fitness requirements? She could always do another federal job.
TikkaShooter
DEI based hiring is a dog sht method. We agree on that.

But i dang sure am not going to judge a persons capability by a photo. Especially someone who just used their own body as a human shield.

Guess I've got a bit more appreciation for the folks who served yesterday
Gunny456
AG
Mas89
AG
Not just a photo man. Did you not watch the videos of her in action and handling her pistol? I don't think I'm being too judgemental by saying more should be expected and demanded. Let's solve this debate by putting her on Biden's detail.
Deats99
AG
TikkaShooter said:

Do you have daughters?

I have 2 daughters, 2 sons. WTF does that have to with anything. The oldest a girl, is going to aTm.My kids have a saying "Equal rights, equal fights". It serves all of them well, all the way down to my feral 7th grade daughter. She rides, she tumbles, she helped me demo a pergola this morning, quit making excuses for girls, they don't need them!

Now is there a place for females in the Secret Service, absolutely, should a 5'6" anyone be guarding a 6'5" former president and likely president elect, absolutely not.
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
TikkaShooter
Quote:

quit making excuses for girls, they don't need them!

My point exactly. You're preaching to the choir here Deats.

It's why I'm pissed by most of the rhetoric here. These women used themselves as shields. But oh they are a bit short so let's call them out and pretend they aren't hero's.

"Heroes" as some here are saying
Deats99
AG
They stepped up, but should not have been there.

I think the trans idea above has legs. lol
A good plan violently executed now is better than a perfect plan executed next week.
-George S Patton
Gunny456
AG
I think at the end of the day there are some women who absolutely would be very competent in doing a protective detail like that. I know my dad had a couple of women deputies that could shoot better, run faster, and were very physically fit and mentally cut out for the rigors of a LEO job…. Maybe even a shade better than their male counterparts.
The issue is keeping the standards and qualifications totally equal and not lowering those standards to hit some DEI BS numbers just to be politically correct.
TacosaurusRex
TikkaShooter said:

Quote:

It's why I'm pissed by most of the rhetoric here. These women used themselves as shields. But oh they are a bit short so let's call them out and pretend they aren't hero's.

What is she shielding? I'm not judging, but the SS deserves every bit of criticism coming there way and should be turned inside out.

"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Deats99
AG
TacosaurusRex said:

TikkaShooter said:

Quote:

What is she shielding?

**** her, fire her arse. You either run towards the fire, or hide behind the president.
-George S Patton
mhnatt
Tikka, at this point it would be wise to remember the Law of Holes. But your temper likely won't let you.
mhnatt
Deats99 said:

TacosaurusRex said:

TikkaShooter said:

Quote:

What is she shielding?

**** her, fire her arse. You either run towards the fire, or hide behind the president.

Worthy of a top page post. Good find Deats.
Brush Country Ag
AG
I thought I heard someone interviewed on Fox that the women with the bun ( blonde) has been with Trump since he was originally assigned a security detail. I think I also heard where his security detail are the same people for their duration. I also think it was Dan Bongino who said this as well as he actually knew some of these folks.

I'm old and wear hearing aids, so there is my excuse .
Deats99
AG
Quote:

Worthy of a top page post. Good find Deats.

Taco found it not me, I am just here with commentary
-George S Patton
ttha_aggie_09
AG
Y'all need to stop trying to argue with a person that only deals in emotion
mhnatt
Proper illustration of "Heroes" for Tikka.

BenderRodriguez
AG
Secret Service hiring practices aren't even remotely the biggest issue. Don't let someone's outrage about it one way or the other distract from what happened here.

The shooter was 12 years old when Trump became president. For almost half his life, the media and the democrat party have been screaming that Trump is literally Hitler. Books have been written about American Fascism, the entire reelection campaign for Biden has been focused on Trump being a threat to democracy, how our country would end if he was reelected, etc.

I have yet to see any media outlet or personality who has been screaming about what a danger Trump is try to tone it down or backpeddle. Some of them are doubling down and blaming Trumps rhetoric for the violence.

If your opponent is literally Hitler you cant be surprised or shocked when someone takes a shot at him.

I have little faith the propaganda will cease, and its likely we will see more violence in the name of "saving democracy", especially given the disgusting commentary I've seen online about the assassination attempt.

Words have meaning and power. Use yours wisely, even when others do not.
ShouldastayedataTm
Didn't President Biden just say in a press conference let's put a bullseye or some similar comment on Trumps back? When does the Congressional investigation into that start? After the President's term is over or now when it might affect the election? I do not like either one, and definitely feel like this is an election of the lesser of the bad choices. But at least one of them got things done while in office, my dollar went a lot further while one was in office, and there was definitely less world wide conflict while one was in office.
Deerdude
Yea I have a daughter, class of 12. Hit the glass ceiling in a large Texas corporation. Fought it through three bosses that she trained before moving on. She never once cried about equality or sexism, and now has a much better position with a large SA based grocer.

She didn't run cry to someone about being fair.

And she can outshoot you with a scattergun or pistol.
bam02
AG
I have a daughter. I don't want her put in a position she is not cut out for. Especially one like this where it potentially puts her and others at risk.

You are a dip*****
Stringfellow Hawke
AG
Women that do not have the physical stature in the function of being a bullet magnet could serve as plainclothes officers blending into the crowd to be in a position to take out an assassin. That's at least one way to utilize. After examining the videos and photos, it does appear she had a delayed reaction.
acephotographer
I have known Ags and others who are agents - including a roommate who was a son of an agent - and seen VIP details up close as I had the opportunity to work near the rope line or beyond it a few times. I will suggest some of what is being seen here in the scrum to protect Trump and then move him to the vehicle may be due to various roles within the detail and assignments.

Besides the guys that are immediately huddling around Trump at the first sign of trouble, there would other agents tasked with watching for additional threats from other directions In the immediate vicinity of the scrum. There have been a number of assassinations worldwide where there were second shooters. Several have been disguised as a videographer or photographer.

So there would also be agents assigned to watch in particular of the photographers camera pit as those would be the closest outsiders to the stage.

Both the close-in agents and overwatch would have to make split-second decisions as to the threat of those moving around the stage. Besides photographers, there appears to be at least one doctor who left the stage to attend to a wounded person immediately behind the stage.

Watching the video, you will see two veteran photographers do almost know other people in that situation would do and that's continue moving to get the shot of what it's going on. (They're the ones who got the two most iconic shots of this incident, including the bullet shot and the shot of him pumping his fist.)

And while the meme with the Uzi is interesting, I don't think Fast Action Gun bags were called into play once the shooter was called as being down.

Don't have anything to say about not getting The side arm back in the holster though.
jbeaman88
AG
acephotographer said:

Don't have anything to say about not getting The side arm back in the holster though.
I'll give some grace to this agent due to the possibility that with all the struggling to get Trump protected, off the stage and into the waiting vehicle, there was a good likelihood that the holster got displaced from its usual location or its shape may have even been changed enough that a highly practiced reholstering movement was unsuccessful.
Naveronski
AG
jbeaman88 said:

acephotographer said:

I'll give some grace to this agent due to the possibility that with all the struggling to get Trump protected, off the stage and into the waiting vehicle, there was a good likelihood that the holster got displaced from its usual location or its shape may have even been changed enough that a highly practiced reholstering movement was unsuccessful.
You brought up one of the best arguments against leather holsters for CCW - they deform and make re-holstering much more difficult than kydex.
P.U.T.U
AG
Anyone 5'6" or whatever should not be protecting someone 6'3", that is just common sense. I don't care if the shorter person is a male or female, the head of the taller person is wide open.

Doing PPD you train over and over until you don't even have to think about what to do. Several of the SS agents obviously have not trained enough and froze up which could have been fatal. There is not a middle ground, it is pass or fail and they failed. You could tell by how the females handled their pistols they have not trained enough

During the approval process for a site the SS looks at local shooters and their capabilities, in PA there are guys that have made shots over 2 miles so the SS should secure any locations within 2 miles yet they did not have a building covered 155 yards away with a 3mph crosswind. Pretty much anyone that has shot a rifle before could make that shot. The SS is responsible for that gross negligence.

And why was there not any drones with thermal on them?

The physical standards for men and woman are different for the SS. That is a setup for failure, the requirements should be the same. One of those women looks to be over 30 so "excellent" is a 9:08 per mile pace, that is a joke. To be considered excellent on the male side is a 6:51 pace which is around 25% faster.

SS physical standards

There are things woman can do better than men like intelligence work. But when the job consist of something physical like PPD work then males should be the overwhelming majority of that force. Same reason there are not any female SEALs are Green Berets, they can't handle the physical aspects of the jobs. It is not blaming them, it is just biology.
TH36
He needed Brienne of Tarth. She's got the height.

mhnatt
This sort of stuff including a final line up by the shooter, would have taken at least a couple minutes, if not more and multiple officials were aware, but Trump is still left up on stage talking and unaware until the trigger is pulled?

"Retired Las Vegas Police Lt. Randy Sutton says the officer was alerted to the gunman, now identified as 20-year-old Thomas Matthew Crooks, and was attempting to confront him on the roof, but there was "no ladder" or access point.

The officer decided to reach Crooks by climbing onto the back of another officer, according to Sutton's sources.

"As he was lifting himself up over the roof line, suddenly the suspect pointed his gun at him, the officer ducked down, and when he did, he fell off the back of the other officer," Sutton said."
-
Deerdude
I guess based on that statement I have to ask how shooter got up there seemingly unassisted. Or was he assisted by someone with access to roof?

Also saw this morning a picture of Trump from side very exposed to camera so to potential shooter as well. Looked like a bullet hole in his coat about chest pocket high and more to his right side. I've heard nothing about him being hit more than on the ear.
mhnatt
How 'bout a reprieve with "OB knows stuff". My best guess:

-.308 (correction - not an AR10 platform duh)
-Nightforce NXS 5.5-22 X 50
-Steiner DBAL-I2
-INNOREL RT90CM Tripod

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.