Outdoors
Sponsored by

What's everyone do for a living?

24,636 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wooahhhh
JeremiahJohnson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If any one owns a chemical or water treatment company I would be happy to help you develop a wastewater product line. I do not work off commission and love to help outfit companies with tools to grow in this field. I represent one of the largest polymer companies out there. Based off what I've said you probably have an idea who I work for. That is if you are in this field.
McInnis
AG
I'm a chemical engineer, spent 40 years in refining and petrochemicals. Retired 5 years ago and still do a little part time consulting for those industries.

I feel blessed to have worked in a career I always found interesting. I still have a few of my favorite engineering textbooks on a shelf and a slide rule I could never stand to throw away.
spud1910
AG
I cut stuff for a living.
maddiedou
AG
Like pototoes
maddiedou
dmart90
AG
Daddy-O5 said:

I'm in product management for a software company. I use that clip all the time.
yemtig
AG
Clinical pharmacist at hospital in NM
FSGuide
I think everyone knows that I'm a licensed private investigator. I have my own agency license in Texas and a few investigators that work for me around DFW
EllisCoAg
AG
I'm a lineman for the county
I wanna see our defense pissed off, not confused, maybe a little murder in their hearts Reload12, 11/4/11
JuneBug07
AG
Project Manager for rebuilding pressure pumping/fracking equipment. You would not believe the scale of damage that I see on equipment that comes from the patch to our yard. Literal 4 Runner sized engines and pumps made of 1" plus thick steel completely trashed. No scope of work is ever the same. It keeps me on my toes.
japantiger
S
LRHF said:

Reformed oil and gas worker turned fishing guide and small business owner.

Had a great trip on the San Juan River yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7E9l-GuoMl/?
igsh=MWl5Zzlua290enFncg==

Send me the link to your website
redaszag99
JuneBug07 said:

Project Manager for rebuilding pressure pumping/fracking equipment. You would not believe the scale of damage that I see on equipment that comes from the patch to our yard. Literal 4 Runner sized engines and pumps made of 1" plus thick steel completely trashed. No scope of work is ever the same. It keeps me on my toes.

Pumping sand is a dirty job
GentrysMillTX10
AG
JuneBug07 said:

Yes I would believe it. I was the Corporate DOT Compliance Manager for ProFrac, 2016-2020. Also worked at FTSI prior to ProFrac
cheeky
AG
25 years as a CFP, 30 years on Wall Street and all my years as a smart ass.
12f Mane
AG
Biologist at an environmental planning company
rak1693
AG
JuneBug07 said:

Spent a few years for one of the major service providers in the field frac'ing. I can absolutely believe it. It all makes sense once you see how that equipment is treated even outside of pumping.
JayM
TH36 said:

My CPA/Tax question on here had me think of another question today…

What does everyone on the outdoors board do for a living? I've known CS78 for close to 20 years on another board and him and I pretty much know everyone on there cause it's such a small group. I know what some of you do but definitely a lot larger group.

I'll start it off, I'm a plumber by trade. Got into it right out of high school and after deciding if I wanted to do that or follow in my Dads footsteps of being a mechanic I stuck with plumbing. I now hold a Texas Masters license. I'm currently a project manager/estimator/sales for a Mechanical Contractor.

My Dad always told me to go to school and get a degree that means something or learn a trade. I went the tradesman route and it has definitely paid off and only continues to get better.

Why am I on an Aggie board? Well my Grandpa and Great Uncle were both Aggies, my Grandad was class of 56 and not sure about my Great Uncle. My Grandad passed when I was around 1 so I never got to know him. But damn in the few times he got to hold me he must've whispered in my ear about being an Aggie cause I'm as diehard a fan as I can imagine.

So what's everyone else do? How did you get there?
I'm a retired geologist living on an East Texas lake. And I'm on the board because I sent my two kids to A&M.
I fish a bit most every evening. Decided to string up with braid yesterday. My best this year is 8-14. But I know I've had almost a dozen pull off, shake off of flat out break the line this year. I'm going out again this evening.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Badly treated prostitute or otherwise known as a Consultant.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Rattler12
Don't tell my mother I'm a lawyer ........she thinks I'm a pianny picker in a whoorhouse
Charlie Murphy
LRHF said:

Reformed oil and gas worker turned fishing guide and small business owner.

Had a great trip on the San Juan River yesterday.

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C7E9l-GuoMl/?igsh=MWl5Zzlua290enFncg==

Good to know. Will be in that area in a few weeks.
Welcome to the China Club

"Here's the pitch...POPPED it up! Oh man, that wouldn't be a home run in a phone booth."
-Harry Carey
JD05AG
AG
I talk farmers in west Texas into giving me money instead of Uncle Sam. Every few years when we make a crop I actually sell them things they need and make farm equipment run. It's a pretty fun gig most of the time.
Sea Speed
AG
Mooring Master. Oversee lightering operations between 2 ships at sea.
LRHF
AG
Sorry japantiger, no website- just an IG account. Feel free to DM me, call or text if you need more info about fishing around Durango.

Cory
(720) 425-6138
Buck Compton
AG
Tony Franklins Other Shoe said:

Badly treated prostitute or otherwise known as a Consultant.
What type of Consultant? Don't worry, it gets better
rock08
AG

Junction71
AG
Fisheries/Aquatic Habitat Biologist for TPWD for 31 years, retired, then worked private consulting couple of years, Substitute Ag Teacher local hs, part-time Birding Guide and Instructor at TTU Outdoor Learning School in Junction, also just part-time.
Bassmaster
AG
I work for the city in the town where I grew up. Some days I run a backhoe some days I run a dump
Dufflepud
I'm involved in the 'in and out' business. I specialize in the 'in'.
texasaggie2015
AG
I sell commercial lighting
mneisch
AG
Supplier quality manager for an upstream O&G manufacturer.
fixer
I try to save rotating equipment from the tender mercies of up stream O & G management.
StillNotAnAggie
I sell software that many of you at the refineries, consulting, engineering and manufacturing facilities use. We have dozens of software for pretty much all use cases. I always say we're the biggest company you've never heard of.
Aries
Oncology Nurse/Director of Nursing for my DFW practice. I don't post much but this is about the only board I even read anymore. Thanks for all of the great info you guys provide.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Retired in February from 26 years of communications/PR for public schools in the area. During that stint it was pretty great to get a week off for spring break, a week off for Thanksgiving and two weeks off at Christmas. Yeah, I spent that time off hunting and fishing.

Now I'm working a schedule like the rest of the real world, doing communications for a membership based Texas wildlife and conservation association.
Gig 'em! '90
aggiesundevil4
AG

I regulate any stealin' of his property
I'm damn good too
But you can't be any geek off the street
You gotta be handy with the steel, if you know what I mean
Earn your keep

I also mount up
milkman00
AG
Which watch brands do you sell?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.