Outdoors
Sponsored by

What's everyone do for a living?

24,528 Views | 214 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Wooahhhh
evestor1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Propoane and Propane accessories!
Independence H-D
88planoAg said:

Do you have a home studio? How did you get into voiceovers?

I have a home studio. I spent about 20 years in broadcast radio. Everybody said I had a great face for it.
TacosaurusRex
I work in sales for one of the large equipment rental companies. I am not sure how I got in this industry, but I have been in it for a little over a decade and most days are not bad at all. I have a lot of freedom and a pretty cool boss, and I have learned that is pretty much all you can ask for when you work for someone else.

To the poster that asked about construction in this economy, we have definitely seen a slow down and we are expecting that to continue for the foreseeable future.

If you guys need used equipment like skids, backhoes, or general construction equipment shoot me a PM. It is a pretty good time to buy. We sell a lot of used equipment to people that need a skid steer or reach fork on their property.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
TRL-Ag
So, you're in construction too?
Daddy-O5
AG
Build It
AG
Virgin rescuer, rebellion squasher, builder of timeless structures, fence mender, and farm tractor operator.

TH36
TacosaurusRex said:

I work in sales for one of the large equipment rental companies. I am not sure how I got in this industry, but I have been in it for a little over a decade and most days are not bad at all. I have a lot of freedom and a pretty cool boss, and I have learned that is pretty much all you can ask for when you work for someone else.

To the poster that asked about construction in this economy, we have definitely seen a slow down and we are expecting that to continue for the foreseeable future.

If you guys need used equipment like skids, backhoes, or general construction equipment shoot me a PM. It is a pretty good time to buy. We sell a lot of used equipment to people that need a used skid steer or reach fork on their property.

I deal with equipment rentals, who do you work for? Probably a company I deal with, I'm sure.

Not as much as I used to cause we sub out all dirt work now but still need lifts and such.
HtownAg92
AG
Nice try, Fed / Narc.

Just kidding, I've discussed my profession many times on these boards and it is even in my profile:

I'm a billionaire male model / professional athlete.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Professional beggar, Vampire.
TacosaurusRex
I sent you a PM with some information.
"If you are reading this, I have passed on from this world — not as big a deal for you as it was for me."
T. Boone Pickens
Funky Winkerbean
AG
I've recently devolved into working in municipal government. When I'm not completely goofing off, I can usually be found looking dumbfounded as I recall the numerous poor decisions by those around me. On the really bad decisions I'm then reminded how there is no accountability for anyone involved and how they actually self flagellate in their success. It's also fun watching really incompetent people fail up the chain because they check boxes on managements scorecards.
zooguy96
Higher education. Used to work as a teacher, educator at a nonprofit, environmental institutions, restaurant manager, environmental scientist company.

I've done a bit of everything.
I know a lot about a little, and a little about a lot.
McInnis
AG
A lot of amateur comedians it appears
BigTShirtAg
I lay pipe

(plumber)
TH36
BigTShirtAg said:

I lay pipe

(plumber)

I'd post a meme but it would catch me a ban…

I'll just say, we're homies now….
water turkey
O.G.
Naval Aviator.

I'm the only man in 40yrs to shoot down 3 MiGs, been in since the Reagan administration but can't seem to rise past rank of Captain. Probably about to retire.

I did recently get into a fracas and steal an enemy F-14 behind enemy line, shoot down 2 more enemy aircraft, becoming an Ace in the process, and make it back to base.

Its just those unauthorized passes past Admirals daughters that keep getting me......

Edit: Also, about to be starting my own business teaching Expectation Management....
El Chupacabra
Sales and logistics for all the sh** that comes out of a refinery that most people don't care about.
ttha_aggie_09
AG
TH36 said:

BigTShirtAg said:

I lay pipe

(plumber)

I'd post a meme but it would catch me a ban…

I'll just say, we're homies now….

First one I thought of

carl spacklers hat
Funky Winkerbean said:

I've recently devolved into working in municipal government. When I'm not completely goofing off, I can usually be found looking dumbfounded as I recall the numerous poor decisions by those around me. On the really bad decisions I'm then reminded how there is no accountability for anyone involved and how they actually self flagellate fellatein their success. It's also fun watching really incompetent people fail up the chain because they check boxes on managements scorecards.
FIFY

Job description in sig line below.
People think I'm an idiot or something, because all I do is cut lawns for a living.
agnerd
AG
Milwaukees Best Light said:

I'm in the ditch-digging industry
Hoosegow
Kind of.
JohnLA762
AG
No one would believe me if I told you what I do…
HumbleAg04
AG
I alternate between staring at excel spreadsheets and dating older rich dudes.
CapitalFarmCredit
Sponsor
Lend Money
Sell crop insurance
Sponsor Message:Whether looking to become a rural land owner, buy that ideal hunting property or finance your farm or ranching operation- with Capital Farm Credit, you're covered.
And our patronage dividend program means we share our profits and put money back in your pocket.

Together we’re better. Call 877-944-5500 or visit https://www.capitalfarmcredit.com/ to find out how.

Lonestar-aught-six
O.G. said:

Naval Aviator.

I'm the only man in 40yrs to shoot down 3 MiGs, been in since the Reagan administration but can't seem to rise past rank of Captain. Probably about to retire.

I did recently get into a fracas and steal an enemy F-14 behind enemy line, shoot down 2 more enemy aircraft, becoming an Ace in the process, and make it back to base.

Its just those unauthorized passes past Admirals daughters that keep getting me......

Edit: Also, about to be starting my own business teaching Expectation Management....

I'm a 7 time world champion!
Lonestar-aught-six
So you're a freak in the sheets?
EFE
AG
I hang out with a bunch of fruits all day
tandy miller
AG
Lonestar-aught-six said:

So you're a freak in the sheets?

I have this mug on my desk

CanyonAg77
AG
McInnis said:

I didn't expect ANY honest responses to the OP. Amazed to see at least a few telling the truth
CanyonAg77
AG
McInnis said:

Would you believe me if I said my wife works with WMDs and daughter used to be a fighter pilot?

Me: boring semi retired farmer
JeremiahJohnson
AG
Chemical Sales for Industrial Water Treatment
Todd 02
AG
I'm a garbage man.
ttha_aggie_09
eric76
AG
Todd 02 said:

I'm a garbage man.
I produce garbage.
eaa84059-c3ef-468a-998c-75e682c328fa@8shield.net

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.