Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Reloading Trading Thread ***

34,130 Views | 283 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiec05
ShackelfordAg99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AstroAggie15 said:

Looking for varget or imr 4064
https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/product/imr-4064/

8# at PV
AstroAggie15
AG
ldg397 said:

I have some varget and I am in BCS.

Shoot me a text 903-eight 4 1- 82 seven 1
GentrysMillTX10
AG
I see some of these mentioned recently, not sure if they are still available. Looking to buy if anyone can spare any of these… text 972 816 two one four five
ccard257
AG
Need to clean out the bench a bit. Located in DFW. Will ship non-hazardous things

Primers - CCI 450 Small Rifle Magnum - $9/100, 1000 available
- CCI 400 Small Rifle - $9/100, 500 available
- Federal small rifle match - $10/100, 500 available

Dies - RCBS .223 rem $25
- Pacific 30-06 $30

Brass - .223 rem Nosler brass (2nds), 100 pcs, new $40

Bullets - .224 Nosler partitions, 60 gr, 2-50 count boxes, 100 total $80
- .224 Berger 64 gr fb varmnit, 1-100 count box $35

Take all the .223 rem brass/dies/bullets for $150.

I'm sure I'll find a few more things. Only trades I'm really interested in would be large rifle primers or 100gr 6.5mm nosler BTs.
Tx95Ag
AG
I'll take the misc. 6mm items if you don't mind shipping them. Unfortunately I'm too far away to get the small rifle primers.

ccard257
AG
Email sent.
rather be fishing
AG
Would be interested in purchasing .308 Norma Magnum or .280 Remington related items if anyone has them.
ccard257
AG
Post above edited for sold items. Take all the .223 rem dies/brass/bullets for $150
GSS
rather be fishing said:

Would be interested in purchasing .308 Norma Magnum or .280 Remington related items if anyone has them.
280 Rem brass..
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3352682

280 Rem brass is sold.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
rather be fishing
AG
GSS said:

rather be fishing said:

280 Rem brass..
https://texags.com/forums/50/topics/3352682

I sent you an email
teudy
Load .44 mag or special? Four pounds of Blue Dot , one of 296 and 400 240 gr SWCs. Free in BCS.
ccard257
AG
I'll take that blue dot off your hands. Shoot me an email at my username at gmail.com.
herbie
S
ccard257 just a question how old is the Pacific 30-06 set. I started buying their products back in the early 60s, but switched to other brands. been a while since i have seen their name on reloading equipment
swampstander
AG
teudy said:

Load .44 mag or special? Four pounds of Blue Dot , one of 296 and 400 240 gr SWCs. Free in BCS.

Awesome deal. If I wasn't 2 hrs away I would hit you up for that 296. It's the magic dust for my .300 Blk.
ccard257
AG
herbie said:

ccard257 just a question how old is the Pacific 30-06 set. I started buying their products back in the early 60s, but switched to other brands. been a while since i have seen their name on reloading equipment

I'm really not sure. I bought them used but I'll go check and see if they got it written on the case somewhere
GSS
teudy said:

Happy to take the 296 and SWC's!
Contact info in my profile
NRA Life
TSRA Life
GSS
teudy said:

Many thanks to teudy for the powder and bullets, great to meet him, and discuss reloading/shooting.
NRA Life
TSRA Life
Eliminatus
AG
Anyone have any Speer Gold Dot 9MM 124gr projos they are willing to let go by chance?

Having a hell of a time finding a steady source and the one thing I don't "stockpile". I do have a cast mold for HP on the way but will probably only use that for extreme backup.

Got cash or lots of stuff to trade, just ask.
Green2Maroon
AG
Is it worth reloading 9mm? I always thought it was too cheap to load it for the price of basic ammo.
Eliminatus
AG
Green2Maroon said:

Is it worth reloading 9mm? I always thought it was too cheap to load it for the price of basic ammo.

Basic range and plinking ammo, no, not really. Supply chain issues and politics notwithstanding of course. Your biggest savings come from brass really. If you can source that for free, you will undercut new ammo by enough to consider it. Though it takes a long while to break even with start up costs.

But with any kind of hollow point or really any self defense round, it usually is. HPs have always been .50+cpr and during the hart times will often balloon to over a dollar a round. Reloading that same round will cut that down to around .4 a round.
Mr. Dubi
Small pistol primers at https://normashooting.com/shop/?filters=ammocaliber%5B2868%5D%7C_stock_status%5B1%5D $65, free ship, no hazmat if you spend $100 today.

I am not familiar with this brand, but they got a five star review at Powder Valley
lexofer
AG
I was reloading and ran out of primers for my practice 9mm rounds right when I read this. Ordered 5k to see how they go, already got a shipping notice. This didn't show up at all on Ammoseek. With free shipping and HAZMAT it's a pretty good deal.

Still have ~5k Federal SP primers left for match ammo. When I think the price of primers has bottomed out I'm going to order at least a 10 year supply.
Eliminatus
AG
lexofer said:

I was reloading and ran out of primers for my practice 9mm rounds right when I read this. Ordered 5k to see how they go, already got a shipping notice. This didn't show up at all on Ammoseek. With free shipping and HAZMAT it's a pretty good deal.

Still have ~5k Federal SP primers left for match ammo. When I think the price of primers has bottomed out I'm going to order at least a 10 year supply.

Same. That's actually what I did and what I am still using. Built up a stockpile about six years ago but in a position to start looking at bulking it out again. The problem I have is that my brain is telling me anything more than $40 per K is atrocious and I get mad and don't buy out of principle and keep "waiting" for prices to go down.

The problem is that I don't think we are ever really going to see those prices from several years again. It's what happens I guess when you buy them so infrequently. I need to get my brain to accept that.
ldg397
AG
rather be fishing said:

I have a bunch of once fired 308 Norma brass and a set of dies. I was hoarding them to build a custom 308 Norma and had a problem finding a smith with a 308 Norma reamer so I ended up just going 300 wm. Long story short I don't need them anymore. In BCS.
lexofer
AG
Quick review on these Servicios Aventuras SPP. Got them in quickly, labeling on the boxes is all in Spanish, no big deal. They're packaged like Winchester primers, all on their sides, slightly more difficult to get all turned over. For some reason there would always be 1-3 that refused to flip when shaking the tray.

They all fed easily through my primer tube filler and in the 1050 so they're good and round. They seat firmly, good, but about 1 in 50 seated a little high. They'll probably work but I don't have that problem with others.

The biggest issue is they are really hard. Testing primed cases my Beretta with competition hammer spring took two strikes to set it off, Glock with lightened striker spring couldn't set it off at all, 2011 had no problem igniting with its full power hammer spring. These guns are 100% with Federal primers and the Glock even with the light springs is >99% with CCI primers.

In summary with the free shipping and Hazmat they were a good deal in current market. I will only be using them for practice with the 2011 which is what I bought them for anyway. It's rained a ton here so it's going to be a while before I can test live rounds.
Mr. Dubi
I had no issues seating them with my 650, which I do with CCI's. Also I tried them in an M&P with a 4# striker spring that won't ignite CCI's, 5 out of 5 primers went off. I have not had a chance to try any loaded ammo yet though. I will report back after I get out to the range.
javajaws
AG
Anybody interested in a brand new still in box Forster Co-ax press? I bought it right when covid started then wasn't able to ever get everything I needed to start loading. Now I've decided to get started with a different press.

$300 with pickup in Austin, $320 shipped. Also down to trade for some Varget, Berger 6mm 105 hybrids, or some CCI 450s
ShackelfordAg99
javajaws said:

Anybody interested in a brand new still in box Forster Co-ax press? I bought it right when covid started then wasn't able to ever get everything I needed to start loading. Now I've decided to get started with a different press.

$300 with pickup in Austin, $320 shipped. Also down to trade for some Varget, Berger 6mm 105 hybrids, or some CCI 450s
Heckuva deal on a helluva press.
CactusThomas
AG
I want it. PM sent
Eliminatus
AG
CactusThomas said:

I want it. PM sent

SONOVABEESH

Second if it comes to that.
Mr. Dubi
Mr. Dubi said:

Small pistol primers at https://normashooting.com/shop/?filters=ammocaliber%5B2868%5D%7C_stock_status%5B1%5D $65, free ship, no hazmat if you spend $100 today.

I am not familiar with this brand, but they got a five star review at Powder Valley
Update on the primers. I loaded five pieces of brass and test fired them in an M&P with a 4# striker spring. It ignited all of the primed brass.

Next I loaded the remainder with my favorite 9mm load. I went to the range today and tested the ammo in four different guns: M&P with 4# striker, M&P with factory striker, Shield plus-stock, and my CZ Scorpion SBR.

The ammo fired in all guns, with the exception of two failures to fire in the lightened M&P, but they did fire on second strike.

I don't know if the primers are still available, but I think they are good enough at least for practice ammo, as Lexofer said.
ccard257
AG
Primers - CCI 450 Small Rifle Magnum, 1000
- CCI 400 Small Rifle, 500
- Federal small rifle match, 500

$125 for all primers above.

6.5mm 120 gr TTSX - 2 boxes (100 total) $75

In dfw, will be in Austin tomorrow.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
Sold my 30-30, anybody want to buy brass and dies?
Lyman dies, believe shellholder is rcbs. Just shy of 5lbs of brass which should be about 260. Well throw in some loaded ammo if you want it. Not sure why the one die has surface rust on the outside, it is clean on the inside
$150 in sw houston, text is best 979tree to fore
O67oh

Charismatic Megafauna
AG
How about most of a lee progressive loader for $100

It's missing the powder hopper and charge bar i believe, lee is really good about selling parts

Sw houston
Text is best 979tree to fore
O67oh
Eliminatus
AG
Has anyone had any eyes on 124gr 9mm Speer Gold Dot projos in the last year? Or have any they want to spare? Stuff is unobtanium from what I can tell. Been using ammoseek and checking the usual big sites on at least a weekly basis. Getting ready to just buy some complete cartridges at this point I think...

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.