Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Reloading Trading Thread ***

34,116 Views | 283 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by aggiec05
AggiePetro07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
oklaunion said:

In search of an RCBS bullet puller collet for .30 caliber. Have 100 pieces of new Alpha Munitions .308 brass for trade fodder. In CS area.

I'll send it to you. Where you be?

Do you need the whole die or just the collet? I have both. Plus a 7mm. Now that I think of it...let me check to make sure I don't use the 7mm for .308 bullets. Sorry
oklaunion
AggiePetro07:
Many thanks but I actually located one an hour ago and have it headed my way, before I checked this thread. Thanks again.
ccard257
AG
FS - new reloading set up. All items below are new, unused.

Lee breech lock challenger press
Lee perfect powder measure
Lee safety scale
Lee auto prime tool (I do not have the shell holders, but they seem to be in stock most places)

$175 for all of it.

I'm in Fort Worth and travel to Austin a couple times a month. Not shipping this.
dahouse
AG
This is ridiculous. I can't get dies (223, 243, 7mm mag). I kinda understand that.

But shell holders? I need RCBS #38. None anywhere. Hornady #5 is the cross reference, and matches my die. Nope. This is not cool.
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04
Eliminatus
AG
dahouse said:

This is ridiculous. I can't get dies (223, 243, 7mm mag). I kinda understand that.

But shell holders? I need RCBS #38. None anywhere. Hornady #5 is the cross reference, and matches my die. Nope. This is not cool.
This level of unavailability across the entire ammo world has never been seen before. Not at this level for this long.

I cast and reload and have always been able to thumb my nose at the great unwashed public who buys complete cartridges but fact is, reloaders have been hit just as hard, if not worse somehow.

The hardest thing to see and understand is that there is literally no tangible and concrete news that it is going to get any better in the foreseeable future.
Eliminatus
AG
dahouse said:

Welp, I am completely ashamed to say I forgot to check on the hand primer all those weeks ago. Holiday traveling hit and slipped my mind. No real excuse. Sorry.

Just happened to check and I have a Lee #5 holder. Which is referenced to the RCBS #38. Feel free to doublecheck the ammo types please. If you confirm it is the one ya need I will get it in the mail to you. Still owe ya some lube too.
dahouse
AG
Ha! I will be forever in your debt. That shell holder is exactly what I need. I'm down to 4 rounds of 26 Nosler. Let me know shipping cost and I'll send it plus a tip.
Cody
Eliminatus
AG
dahouse said:

Ha! I will be forever in your debt. That shell holder is exactly what I need. I'm down to 4 rounds of 26 Nosler. Let me know shipping cost and I'll send it plus a tip.

Perfect! I'll get it in the mail on Monday. Don't worry bout cost. It's on me.
dahouse
AG
Sir, you are a scholar and a gentleman.
Cody
ccard257
AG
dahouse said:

Where are you located? Cabela's in Fort Worth has had a decent selection of dies the last few times I've been in.
dahouse
AG
I'm in Katy, but I'm in DFW every other week, sometimes every week. I'll have to check that out next week

I'm good on 7mm mag for at least two deer seasons, but I really would like to get a 223 and 243 die
Cody
turf guy ag
Just FYI, I was just at my local cabelas and they had a number of die sets including 7mm rem mag, pretty sure they had 243 as well but their online inventory doesn't show them in stock. It may be worth a call to the individual stores to verify. If need be I can buy the dies you need and ship them, the store is only a few minutes away for me in north Fort Worth. Shell holders are a little low but they still had 1 or 2 of a good number of sizes.

ETA didn't see the above posts recommending same thing
El Chupacabra
Scheels has 300 win mag and a few other dies online
El Chupacabra
6.5cm dies available locally. Anyone? I can maybe have a buddy grab a set. Would wager $60 shipped, more or less.

Maybe 243 also
schmellba99
AG
dahouse said:

I'm in Katy, but I'm in DFW every other week, sometimes every week. I'll have to check that out next week

I'm good on 7mm mag for at least two deer seasons, but I really would like to get a 223 and 243 die

I may have an old Lee .243 die set collecting dust. Lee isnt the best, but it is better than nothing. Will have to verify.
benchmark
AG
Anyone interested in a group buy of H4350? Good chance we could buy case of 10 - 1# containers for $80/ea + tax. PM me if interested.
schmellba99
AG
benchmark said:

Anyone interested in a group buy of H4350? Good chance we could buy case of 10 - 1# containers for $80/ea + tax. PM me if interested.
$80/lb???????

Holy crap.
El Chupacabra
I'm riiiiiichhh!
benchmark
AG
schmellba99 said:

$80/lb???????

Holy crap.
Yessir. Impossible to find. Saw 2 lbs sell for $265 yesterday.
schmellba99
AG
benchmark said:

schmellba99 said:

$80/lb???????

Holy crap.
Yessir. Impossible to find. Saw 2 lbs sell for $265 yesterday.
I know powder is near impossible to find, but I'll just not shoot if it is running me #80/lb for powder. Not worth it to me at that cost.

So, so, so happy I learned to stock up.
El Chupacabra
$80/lb is about 50 cents a trigger pull for a 6.5CM load or 80 cents for a 300WM....just for the powder

Add 70 cents for a primer and projectile. Still money ahead vs factory ammo, but still a ridiculous amount.
cahoots
Any updates about powder availability? If my 2019 self only knew
El Chupacabra
cahoots said:

Any updates about powder availability? If my 2019 self only knew
Powder availability...don't light a match in my basement.

It's just like everything else now, it pops up randomly and is sold out instantly. Powder Valley gets the most routine, largest shipments, but any popular powders they sell out before you or I find out about it. Any less popular powders they sell out 5 minutes after that.

I got lucky a month ago and was able to get 2 8 lbs jugs of h4350 and 2 8 lb jugs of cfe223 ordered. I missed the Varget and H1000.
tsuag10
AG
A couple months ago my dad was going to pay almost $60/lb for 8 lbs of H4350 and I told him it was crazy.
sands
AG
I have 2k CCI 200 LRP I am willing to trade for either small pistol or small rifle primers. I am in north Houston.
JB!98
AG
Asking for my father in law. He wants to trade 2lbs of 4198 for 2lbs of 4831 or 4064. Would like to do it around the SA area if possible.

He is also looking for .270 projectiles if anybody has some to sell.

Thanks
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
oklaunion
JB!98 said:

Asking for my father in law. He wants to trade 2lbs of 4198 for 2lbs of 4831 or 4064. Would like to do it around the SA area if possible.

Thanks
Regarding the .270 bullets, I have an array of 130 and 150 grain, soft point, ballistic tip by Sierra, Hornady, Nosler. Some boxes aren't full but I would prorate based on numbers. Fair price plus shipping USPS.
May have some 115 grain somewhere.
In CS.
I don't pay The Man here so don't have access to anyone's text or email or pm. Will check back at 11am to see if you are interested.
JB!98
AG
oklaunion said:

JB!98 said:

Thanks
Regarding the .270 bullets, I have an array of 130 and 150 grain, soft point, ballistic tip by Sierra, Hornady, Nosler. Some boxes aren't full but I would prorate based on numbers. Fair price plus shipping USPS.
May have some 115 grain somewhere.
In CS.
I don't pay The Man here so don't have access to anyone's text or email or pm. Will check back at 11am to see if you are interested.
Sorry, I just saw this. You can contact me a j t barrow at cps energy dot com. Thanks
Today, unfortunately, many Americans have good reason to fear that they will be victimized if they are unable to protect themselves. And today, no less than in 1791, the Second Amendment guarantees their right to do so. - Justice Samuel Alito 2022
cahoots
I have some 338 and 22 bullets to trade for rifle powder or 277 bullets. Text me at 703 seven40 7539 if interested.

mix of .22 - Hornady 45 gr (23 ct) and 50 gr VMax (76 ct), Barnes 53 gr (49 ct), Speer 55 gr (70 ct)

338 cal. Nosler 200 gr Accubond Bonded Spitzer Boat Tail, 50 count
Daddy-O5
AG
Posting for poster Bald Eagle. He put prices on everything based on a little internet research, prices were all over the place depending on where you look so attempting to list at a fair price. Give him a call to discuss any further (questions, comments, offers, etc.) Would prefer to sell everything in logical sets (as listed below).

Located in Tomball. Cell: 713-539-Six one six nine.

Shotgun Shell Primers & Lead - $300
Lead #6 20lbs
750 Winchester #209 Primers
550 Remington #57 Primers
582 CCI #157 Primers Rem. Size

Misc. Reloader Supplies - $750
EZ Paks - Powder Bushings - Charge Bars - Die Sets - Crimp Starters - Powder Bottles - Short Kits - Crimper Housings and Punch

cahoots
Barnes 6.8 TTSX 95 gr in stock

https://www.brownells.com/reloading/bullets/rifle-bullets/270-caliber-6-8mm-0-277-95gr-boat-tail-50-box-sku100032968-125770-229974.aspx
SchleicherAg05
AG
Howdy, I'd love to get in on the trading.

Want: Large Rifle Primers

Have: Large Pistol primers (WLP - 97 ct), Small Rifle primers (WSR - 100 ct), Nosler Accubond 338 caliber 200 gr (50 ct), various 22 caliber bullets

joeyd05 at gmail or 7zero3.740.75three9
Mdub00
AG
Looking for 30-06 dies if anyone has seen them. I'm in Houston.

FYI.. they had LEE .243 dies at 10Ring in Cypress last week.
Tx95Ag
AG
SchleicherAg05 said:

Howdy, I'd love to get in on the trading.

Want: Large Rifle Primers

Have: Large Pistol primers (WLP - 97 ct), Small Rifle primers (WSR - 100 ct), Nosler Accubond 338 caliber 200 gr (50 ct), various 22 caliber bullets

joeyd05 at gmail or 7zero3.740.75three9
Location?
CS78
Wanted: high quality 300bo brass. And Lee 300bo dies.

Have primers and ammo to trade.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.