Outdoors
Sponsored by

*** Reloading Trading Thread ***

33,070 Views | 283 Replies | Last: 12 days ago by aggiec05
kappmeyer
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We have a gun trading thread, but I think a lot of new reloaders, or even just casual reloaders, are feeling the pinch on components. Maybe we could use a single thread to help folks find what they need? Guess I might as well start:

What I Have: Quality .22 Cal bullets. I have a mixed bag of Berger VLD (70gr), Sierra HPBT (69gr), Sierra Spitzer Boat Tail (65gr), Hornady BTHP (68gr), Winchester 223 brass, and a MTM 50 round box. I can get an exact count on each of these, and would love to trade as a complete set to someone who reloads for a fast twist 223 as most of these require a 1:10 twist or fast barrel.

What I Need: Large rifle primers. Not picky about the brand. I have experience using Fed and CCI, but would entertain other quality brands too.

E-mail me if you'd like to trade: kappmeyer85 at the yahoo mail dot com

Would love to see this thread take off and help reloaders find what they need during these lean times.
Aggieangler93
AG
I used to reload 12ga as before kids, we used to shoot a lot of it. I have 2 or 3 large tubs with probably 2500-3500 12Ga AA hulls in them (each) once fired, and not many touched the ground.

I don't recall which primer went in 12ga shells, but I would imagine I have a few boxes of winchester primers also. I think each box had 1000 primers in it? Seems like they were in trays of 100 each or something, within the box?

I probably also have a can or two of powder and somewhere, some shot. I wouldn't count on much out of either of these last two, until I go look to confirm it.

If anyone is looking for some of this stuff, I am sure I can be persuaded to part with it for cash, or trade it out for ammo like any of: 9mm, 300BO, 40S&W, 223, 270Win, 30-30. Hell....a sufficient quantity of 30 lb power pro super slick braid in blue would even be of interest.

My only other thought would be for me to start to reload 9mm. I cannot believe there would ever be a time when that would be cost effective. I used to reload 45ACP in college, but that was a long time ago.
Class of '93 - proud Dad of a '22 grad and a '26 student!
TX_COWDOC
AG
The 1st rule of reloading trading is that you do not compromise your stock piles when a communist 2nd amendment destroying treasonous piece of **** has just cheated his way to the White House.

Good luck.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Aggieangler93
Tx95Ag
AG
Good idea. I just started reloading for 300 blackout.

Also plan to load 38spl and eventually 357 and 243. I have some small rifle primers for the blackout, but I could use some small pistol primers for now.
Mr. Dubi
I have a handful maybe 200 of .357 brass- I only load .38, and a about half a gallon of mixed 6.5 and 308 if anybody wants them. Free pick up in CS. savings all the good stuff.

Also a set of RCBS .40/10mm dies new I will trade for 30 carbine dies.
jeremy360
I'm interested in the shotgun reloading stuff. Can you send me an email at jeremy86360 at gmail dot com and let me know what you have and what you think a fair price would be?

Located in college station. Might have some odds and ends to trade too maybe.

Aggieangler93 said:

I used to reload 12ga as before kids, we used to shoot a lot of it. I have 2 or 3 large tubs with probably 2500-3500 12Ga AA hulls in them (each) once fired, and not many touched the ground.

I don't recall which primer went in 12ga shells, but I would imagine I have a few boxes of winchester primers also. I think each box had 1000 primers in it? Seems like they were in trays of 100 each or something, within the box?

I probably also have a can or two of powder and somewhere, some shot. I wouldn't count on much out of either of these last two, until I go look to confirm it.

If anyone is looking for some of this stuff, I am sure I can be persuaded to part with it for cash, or trade it out for ammo like any of: 9mm, 300BO, 40S&W, 223, 270Win, 30-30. Hell....a sufficient quantity of 30 lb power pro super slick braid in blue would even be of interest.

My only other thought would be for me to start to reload 9mm. I cannot believe there would ever be a time when that would be cost effective. I used to reload 45ACP in college, but that was a long time ago.
jeremy360
223 brass is oddly one of the things I dont have much of and noticed when I wanted to reload for my cz. Not sure I have any rifle primers, i need to check. I typically use winchester but i remember seeing some federal i think, but if not do you know how much brass you have and what you are asking for the brass. Just let me know, i am located near cs.

kappmeyer said:

We have a gun trading thread, but I think a lot of new reloaders, or even just casual reloaders, are feeling the pinch on components. Maybe we could use a single thread to help folks find what they need? Guess I might as well start:

What I Have: Quality .22 Cal bullets. I have a mixed bag of Berger VLD (70gr), Sierra HPBT (69gr), Sierra Spitzer Boat Tail (65gr), Hornady BTHP (68gr), Winchester 223 brass, and a MTM 50 round box. I can get an exact count on each of these, and would love to trade as a complete set to someone who reloads for a fast twist 223 as most of these require a 1:10 twist or fast barrel.

What I Need: Large rifle primers. Not picky about the brand. I have experience using Fed and CCI, but would entertain other quality brands too.

E-mail me if you'd like to trade: kappmeyer85 at the yahoo mail dot com

Would love to see this thread take off and help reloaders find what they need during these lean times.
jeremy360
I can pick up in cs... just let me know when. Can use the 357 and 6.5 and 308

Mr. Dubi said:

I have a handful maybe 200 of .357 brass- I only load .38, and a about half a gallon of mixed 6.5 and 308 if anybody wants them. Free pick up in CS. savings all the good stuff.

Also a set of RCBS .40/10mm dies new I will trade for 30 carbine dies.
Aggieangler93
AG
jeremy360 said:

I'm interested in the shotgun reloading stuff. Can you send me an email at jeremy86360 at gmail dot com and let me know what you have and what you think a fair price would be?

Located in college station. Might have some odds and ends to trade too maybe.

Aggieangler93 said:

Yep...gimme a few days to go through the garage and find it all since the last move.
jeremy360
Have a little 270 brass and no longer a 270. Once fired but polished. All winchester brass. No idea what it's worth, but would trade for 9mm brass or other reloading components. Hoping the images work. Used to use imgur or tinypic but those dont seem to work. Tried imgbb...if they dont show up I'll try something else.

https://ibb.co/drQk5KG
https://ibb.co/dcBKwvQ
swampstander
AG
I have two and a half gallon bags of once fired pistol brass. About 50-50 .40/ 9mm with a little .380 mixed in. Free in Palestine, come get it.

I need a hundred or so Nosler.257 110 grain accubonds.

Might have some small pistol primers to trade for something.

Also have 200 9mm fmj projectiles I could swap. 115 grn I think.
Eliminatus
AG
An article with some insight into the primer shortage. Nothing really new but a nice write up regardless. Figured it was pertinent to this thread as primers seem to be the bottleneck these days for us reloaders.

https://www.powdervalleyinc.com/why-is-there-a-primer-supply-shortage/
rednecked
AG
going to pull what I have out of storage this weekend. I'll take pics and post. most pistol cartridge stuff and shotgun stuff. I thought I was going to get into cowboy action shooting but, well, life stuff, ya know? I'm in Cypress.
RM76
AG
I am looking for some Barnes Triple-Shock X (TSX) Bullets -- 22 Caliber (224 Diameter) 78 Grain Hollow Point Boat Tail. Have some other 22 caliber, 6.5, and 30 caliber bullets to trade.
Claytond1195
AG
I might have some .223 and 22-250 brass if anyone is looking for some.

Like everyone I could use some small rifle primers. Also could use anything pertaining to reloading a .204 or 6.5 Grendel as well.

Edit: Also need some large magnum primers.

Located in Kurten
Aggieangler93
AG
I can start saving brass for 223/556. Are there any certain ones that are brass cased that are not worth saving?
GottaRide
S
Message sent
Mr. Dubi
Du bi at ymai l do tcom

No spaces
jeremy360
Email sent Dubi...let me know if you dont get it. Wasnt sure if I should to ymail or yahoo.
jeremy360
Aggieangler93 said:

I can start saving brass for 223/556. Are there any certain ones that are brass cased that are not worth saving?

Any that are brass cased are good to save. I haven't noticed a whole lot of difference but I don't know what the small variations are between the different brands. I know some will last longer than others like Winchester brass. I have a CZ 527 that I reload for and the brass doesn't seem to make a bunch of difference, at least 300 yards and under. So, I would say anything that is brass is good to save.
Mr. Dubi
Just beware of crimped primers: you will need to swage or debur them
El Chupacabra
No longer needed.
BCOBQ98
AG
I know. Hens teeth

6.5 creedmore 140-143 grain bullets. Swift, aframe, hornady eld or eldx or really anything

Let me know what you need
El Chupacabra
Anyone have a case trimmer they want to get rid of?
GottaRide
S
I have a Lyman Acculine that I don't need. Message if interested.
jeremy360
Bumping this one to keep it going...
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I've got 2100 wsp, 300 cci 200 (small pistol) and 400 cci 250 (small pistol mag) primers I'm willing to send down the line. This is old stuff, the ccis are in the little matchbook size packages, but i am good friends with the guy who i got them from and he kept them in a/c (and so have i). I've loaded a lot of the components i got from him with no problems. Is $100 for the lot a screw job, or fair to get someone up and running? Only trades I'd really be interested in is h4350 or 4831sc. In sw Houston
Doc Hayworth
I will be going thru the last of my dads reloading stuff in the next couple of weeks. I believe there are a couple of powder scales, and if anyone in tha San Antonio area is interested in a PAC elec powder dispenser, let me know. I just need to make sure all the calibration weights are there.
El Chupacabra
NRD09 said:

I've got 2100 wsp, 300 cci 200 (small pistol) and 400 cci 250 (small pistol mag) primers I'm willing to send down the line. This is old stuff, the ccis are in the little matchbook size packages, but i am good friends with the guy who i got them from and he kept them in a/c (and so have i). I've loaded a lot of the components i got from him with no problems. Is $100 for the lot a screw job, or fair to get someone up and running? Only trades I'd really be interested in is h4350 or 4831sc. In sw Houston

2800 primers for $100? Best deal on the internet right now. If you could figure out a way to ship them, I'd take them in a heartbeat. I've got a friend dying for SPPs.
Charismatic Megafauna
AG
I suppose i could mail them. You're not a cop, are you? You have to tell me if you are...
J/k I'd rather not mail but i guess i could ****
ldg397
AG
Looking for H4350 have H1000, IMR 7828, large rifle and magnum primers and bullets 6.5, .277 and .284
Tx95Ag
AG
NRD09 said:

I suppose i could mail them. You're not a cop, are you? You have to tell me if you are...
J/k I'd rather not mail but i guess i could 979 tres to fore 067oh

Just shot you a text.
Eliminatus
AG
At last minute I was unable to secure my usual winter job this year. Got strung along and had no backup unfortunately. Gonna be grim next semester. So going through my stuff to see what would actually sell to tide me over. I am located in the BCS area.

As of now I have a:

Lortone 3A Rock Tumbler for small batch wet tumbling of brass. I use it for small batches of rifle brass which it performed fantastically at. Great for batches of 20-40 oddball caliber rifle cases. For those not familiar with this unit, it is the gold standard of rock tumbling and the motor is built to be on for days at a time. Hell, if you or a loved one are into rock tumbling this is what it is made for specifically!

Was $130ish to my door. $85 shipped to yours.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B000RB16W8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Next up is an RCBS 10-10 analog scale.

Another absolute gold standard in its category and actually not keen to let go really. This is the RCBS version of the old legendary Ohaus 10-10 scale when RCBS bought them out. This is a precision analog scale that is rated to 1/10 of a grain. It has been a joy to use and one of my most trusted pieces of equipment. THESE ARE NO LONGER BEING MADE.

Picked it up with free shipping but was still about $150ish taxed to my door. $120 shipped to yours.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1012930117

Lemme know if interested!
dahouse
AG
I'm just getting set up so I will be a buyer of equipment/supplies:

My list of needs to date:
  • Dial Caliper
  • Shell holders (#38, 10, 4)
  • 7mm Mag dies
  • 243 dies
  • case holder
  • case lube pad and lube
  • case trimmer, debur, and primer pocket tools
Cody
Fightin Texas Aggie c/o 04

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.