Outdoors
Sponsored by

2019 White Bass Run is Outdoors

54,082 Views | 240 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by wolf2011
Mule_lx
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
How crowded was it?
AlexAggie
AG
Saw 4-5 other people. Not combat fishing yet but might be crazy tomorrow.
Nosh
Steps?
Mule_lx
AG
Steps: San Gabriel upriver of Granger near Circleville.

(30.6516934, -97.4288895)

Camp Tejas has a run too but it usually starts about a week later and the water level in the San Gabriel is usually a little more iffy.

(30.6881631, -97.8090598)
Mule_lx
AG
Any updates from the weekend?
BurrOak
AG
I hit up the North Bosque yesterday morning. Caught 10, most of which were small males.
quartbeer
AG
We have a ranch near Colorado Bend state park. Does anyone have experience fishing there? Might try it out this weekend.
jpb1999
AG
It's been a long while, but it used to be really really good there!

Spane Bohem

SanAntoneAg
AG
Yes. Walk upstream from the parking lot to the primitive camping area. Wade into the river. With your fly rod, throw sparsely tied chartreuse/white beadhead Clousers. Catch your limit, then make the long walk back to the truck.
quartbeer
AG
Thanks!
BwdAg
AG
I think the park has started limiting daily attendance. You can call them to get the lowdown or check the website for the notices.

Take some cj's catfish bait in case the wb don't cooperate.

Also, pay by envelope at the gate if they still have the option. There can be a slow pay line at the park office this time of year.
tiny_torpedo
AG
Fished with River Ridge this morning. 2 of us limited out by 8:45 am. 5 other folks fishing in other boats with River Ridge also limited out early. Got in before the weather hit. Great operation and I highly recommend them if you can find an opening.
Ol Jock 99
AG
tiny_torpedo said:

Fished with River Ridge this morning. 2 of us limited out by 8:45 am. 5 other folks fishing in other boats with River Ridge also limited out early. Got in before the weather hit. Great operation and I highly recommend them if you can find an opening.

Heading there in the morning. Jane is a trip. My old man fishes that river enough that we know where to go now. Phenomenal fish.
tiny_torpedo
AG
Good luck! We left them biting. Chartreuse Maribu casting pretty much onto the bank and dragging it off and along the bottom super slow.
Mule_lx
AG
I went to the steps this morning. There was some catching but it was slow. I think the water was a little swift from the rain.
SanAntoneAg
AG
Wanted to make my annual day trip to flyfish Colorado Bend State Park yesterday or today...they've been maxed out and not letting anyone in both days.
SquirrellyDan
AG
Have you done the Guadalupe yet above Canyon?
SanAntoneAg
AG
I haven't. Been reading reports on Texas Fishing Forum.com and it seems slow/inconsistent at best.
Pantera
AG
a little late to the party, but are there any creeks closer than near Somerville to B/CS that have a run?
SanAntoneAg
AG
Afraid not
Pantera
AG
That's what I figured, just wondered if there was some secret location I'd missed. I guess I'll be fishing for spring largemouths here around town this weekend or may go home and do some catfishing. I've been real interested lately in driving around with my GPS and finding random creeks and tanks in town and trying to pull out a bluegill or whatever. Pretty fun because you have no idea what you'll catch! Sorry for hijacking the thread ... back to the white bass run!
Billy Foster
AG
Anyone have a report from The Narrows at Lake Travis? I understand they're still slow but had some friends with limited success last weekend. We'll be focusing or efforts between Double Horn Creek and Cow Creek.
Ol Jock 99
AG
The Sabine at River Ridge was fairly slow, but had the typical giant sandies. We also didn't get on the river at the break of dawn, which can explain some of the slowness. Lost my stringer Friday afternoon due to my own dumb tie-off error. The Old Man out fished me, as he normally does. Practice and all. But at 42, I'm finally old enough to drive the boat.

Thursday Afternoon. Not bad for only 6 fish.

River to table

AlexAggie
AG
Anybody been out this week? I am avoiding spring break but ready to go next week
Ol Jock 99
AG
AlexAggie said:

Anybody been out this week? I am avoiding spring break but ready to go next week

My old man killed them on the Lampasas above StillHouse today.
Badace52
AG
Does he go to the gravel crossing?
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Ol Jock 99
AG
Badace52 said:

Does he go to the gravel crossing?
Typically unless it is too low. Not sure where he was today; just saw it on FB.
Mule_lx
AG
Alex, what day are you heading out next week? I plan to take a half a day off next week to go to the steps myself.
Badace52
AG
Went to the gravel crossing above Stillhouse yesterday from dawn until 9AM and got skunked, but it was still pretty cold then. After that I drove over to the steps and fished for about three hours and caught five. The bite is definitely picking up there, a few people were getting close to limits who had been there all day and pretty much everybody was catching a few, but the fish are still pretty small by and large, of the five I caught, only two were over 10 inches.
CM
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AlexAggie
AG
Looking at the forecast I'll probably try to go out Tuesday I guess. I work at night so it's often a game time decision.
osmosis ag
Cowhouse Creek, just east of the bridge was good last weekend.
wolf2011
AG
Anyone been out to Rebecca Creek off 281? Was thinking about heading there this weekend.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.