Outdoors
Sponsored by

Lawn Mower thieves (with pictures)

29,884 Views | 157 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyForNow
The Original AG 76
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Don't know the entire backstory BUT IF the comments about the OP or whoever is the victim not pressing charges are TRUE then the victim is absolutely part of the problem. A thief , regardless of the level of severity , is a low life scum that needs to be removed ( hopefully permanently) from society. Treating petty theft as some kinda prank actually encourages these scum. I can't even fathom why anyone would not want the full force of law to hit a thief as hard as possible.
CactusThomas
AG
Everyone deserves a second chance.

That's why they have libraries in prisons.
PorkEatingCrusader
Yelnick McWawa said:

tx4guns said:

Joe Horn case proves you wrong. He shot and killed 2 thieves in the daytime. In the back. Robbing his neighbor's house. And he got no-billed.

Yelnick McWawa said:

Cow Hop Ag said:

Quote:

There are times deadly force is necessary and absolutely justifiable. Keeping a lawnmower doesn't check off that box for me....and I doubt a jury would slough it off either, and I damn sure wouldn't want to be the guinea pig that found out.
Texas law would disagree with you. I wouldn't want to kill someone over property, but I certainly am not going to criticize someone who does.

Need a lawyer to clarify but I'm pretty sure you're wrong here. If it was night time then yes, it's justified. During the day, it's not.

I remember the Joe Horn case well. Not really the best example as it was (and still is) very controversial and it's kind of an apples to oranges situation in comparison to this anyway. Horn claimed that the two men approached him when he stepped outside and he fired in self defense and that's what saved his bacon.
you may beat it now! run along
Player To Be Named Later
AG
Cow Hop Ag said:

If you read back someone said it was after 8:30. The camera made it look like daylight.

Fair enough. But I'm not putting my freedom and civil liability on the line over a lawnmower. And I don't care how many lawnmowers he may have already stolen or might will steal in the future.

You probably will win in Texas, but the process isn't going to be fun for you or your family.
Eliminatus
AG
Rex Racer said:

Nailed! Somebody on Nextdoor knows the guy. Apparently the thief's father lives in Wheeler Ridge, and the truck is there right now.

The thief's name is posted on Nextdoor.

I live in Wheeler Ridge. Let me know if ya need some muscle.

REGULATORS!!!

ETA: Dang, didn't read all the thread. Good job getting him identified!

Oh and he should be ventilated with bullet holes. Thieves are scum of society. Is it worth a life? Well, the thief answers for himself when he steals in Texas...
91AggieLawyer
AG
Quote:

I just looked him up on the Brazos County Jail search website, and he has a long history!

tx4guns
AG
No he didn't. He shot them as they fled the scene. He said he was protecting his neighbor's property.
$240 Worth of Pudding
AG
tx4guns said:

No he didn't. He shot them as they fled the scene. He said he was protecting his neighbor's property.

You need to revisit the case. He said they entered his yard when he stepped outside and he feared for his life. I know he shot them in the back, hence the controversial nature of the case. Furthermore, every case is taken on a case by case basis. You seem to think that because Horn got no billed, that everyone in the state of Texas now has carte blanche to shoot theives in the middle of the day. That's not how it works.

I know that thread has turned into a "love to **** on Yelnick" thread, but a few of y'all are being completely irrational and doing nothing more than participating in a circle jerk.
AG @ HEART
Rex Racer said:

His Facebook cover photo.

Foam fast food cups laying about I the vehicle with random clothing items...

I hate him just for that.
The Anchor
AG
Stucco said:

The owner doesn't have to press charges. The police know what happened and could pursue it if they chose.
Yes, they do have to press charges for the police and prosecutor to pursue charges.
skeetboy3
AG
Rex Racer said:

His Facebook cover photo.

Why are the windows fogged up and a fountain coke on the back dash?
Jason Ag
AG
Reading this thread reminded me of this story

https://www.ksat.com/news/man-shot-while-trying-to-steal-potted-plant
EMY92
AG
Thieves should fear what may happen when they commit a crime.
Rex Racer
AG
So I know a police officer who works for Bryan PD. He came by this morning and told me that there was a disturbance call at the Bryan Target over the weekend. He went by to see if he could help out. Who was causing the disturbance? These two.
ellebee
Rex Racer said:

So I know a police officer who works for Bryan PD. He came by this morning and told me that there was a disturbance call at the Bryan Target over the weekend. He went by to see if he could help out. Who was causing the disturbance? These two.

Make sure you rub it in to your neighbor that had he filed charges then this disturbance could've potentially been avoided. Along with any other crimes in the near future that they commit.
Bobcat-Ag
Rex Racer said:

I'm shocked!
Long Live Sully
AG
Really? They looks so smart.
expresswrittenconsent
OnlyForNow said:

It's simple. This dude is a thief. Cut off both of his hands and ensure he nor anyone he is related to ever gets govt. benefits.

Nothing, no Medicaid, welfare, WIC, social security, nothing! However, if the family brings his head to the county corners office, they can have those benefits back or be eligible for them later on.

It's time we stop being such a soft society.
you might find north korea more to your sensibilities seeing as how you believe an entire family should be punished for the crimes of a son. pack a heavy coat, though, as it is cold.
OnlyForNow
AG
If they are hiding him, then they are committing a crime.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.