Outdoors
Sponsored by

tx4guns... build party at the casa after the new year?

24,829 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dubi
TheEyeGuy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Sponsor
AG
tx4guns said:

I only use a torque wrench on optics mounts. Have never used one on an AR15 other than maybe a Seekins handguard. I'll bring one, but it's not huge.
Yeah, didn't want to make us look bad but... we don't either. Use a FAT wrench to tighten down the scope mounts but that's about it.
CharlieBrown17
AG
Yeah my torque wrench sits at the bottom of my workbench, I use a FAT wrench as well
OnlyForNow
AG
Hopefully people are following this who are attending....

This is the tentative plan right now.

Since that Saturday is the last Saturday of duck season I'll be hunting most likely in the AM.

I'm planning on being prepared for folks to be there starting around 11 AM.

I'll have some ribs, deer sausage, turkey breast, and some duck wraps smoked and read for eating hopefully around 12-1; but consider these heavy appetizers due to the number of people I'm expecting. If you'd like to bring something to grill please feel free to do so.

It's BYO drinks, so what you bring or trade for or can beg for is what you get. I'm not supplying anything besides hose water .

Parking will be self explanatory. If you've got a folding table or card table and some folding chairs please feel free to bring them (we'll probably need them).

What I have mostly is all counter top height (standing work), and I have one small card table, a folding table, and a picnic table. I've also got some general tools, but nothing special, and noting specific to guns (no punches).

Post here with any other info needed or desired.
civilized05
AG
Wanted to bump this.

Any thoughts on the workshop type get together from my previous post for those not building anything in particular? Don't really want to lug a bunch of stuff out there if it's not going to be of any interest to anyone.
CTGilley
AG
The Wonderer said:

So how many people were interested in trusts? I can bring my laptop and work with those that want to take care of this while we're there. Just curious as to the count and how many would be interested.
Is this happening?
OnlyForNow
AG
I'm very interested in the trust.
The Wonderer
AG
CTGilley said:

The Wonderer said:

So how many people were interested in trusts? I can bring my laptop and work with those that want to take care of this while we're there. Just curious as to the count and how many would be interested.
Is this happening?
Yes, I will be onsite with my computer to generate trusts for those that wish to do and will provide electronic files to your email.
CharlieBrown17
AG
The Wonderer said:

CTGilley said:

The Wonderer said:

Is this happening?
Yes, I will be onsite with my computer to generate trusts for those that wish to do and will provide electronic files to your email.

Don't know if I missed it, what's the cost on this and what info do we need?
The Wonderer
AG
CharlieBrown17 said:

The Wonderer said:

CTGilley said:

The Wonderer said:

Is this happening?

Don't know if I missed it, what's the cost on this and what info do we need?
I'll do them for $150 day of since there seems to be significant interest. I'll need to get back to you on all the info this evening when I get back to my personal firm computer to look over the documents again. I don't recall all the info that is needed off the top of my head at the moment.
OnlyForNow
AG
Just a heads up, FM 1093 coming from 99 towards 723/359 is changing to the newly laid two lane road on Friday/Saturday of next week.

This should be a good thing, but may cause delays in getting to my house for some of you.

The alternate route to skip that is come down 99, exit Bellaire and take Bellaire west to 723, then south on 723 to 359. You can figure it out from there.

So far I've only gotten emails from about dozen or so folks, email if you want my address. I'm specifically not posting it on here for obvious reasons...
Post removed:
by user
skelso
AG
I hate it but I'm not going to make it. A client I just sold some thermal optics to asked me to be on their team for the Lexington Varmint Contest that same night. After dropping that much coin with me, I couldn't say know. Plus, as much as I want to hang out with y'all... I want to shoot some stuff more!

Let me know if you think y'all will be short tools. I can send a set with someone coming from CS.
CTGilley
AG
That will be fun.

I was about to message you about a car pool.
maverick2076
Email sent.
CharlieBrown17
AG
skelso said:

I hate it but I'm not going to make it. A client I just sold some thermal optics to asked me to be on their team for the Lexington Varmint Contest that same night. After dropping that much coin with me, I couldn't say know. Plus, as much as I want to hang out with y'all... I want to shoot some stuff more!

Let me know if you think y'all will be short tools. I can send a set with someone coming from CS.
I'll be leaving from CS if you end up sending anything
tx4guns
AG
I will have all the tools we need for anything, including scope mounting. This ain't my first rodeo.
skelso
AG
No worries. I know you have all the tools. Was offering a second set if you felt it would help yall out.
drummer0415
AG
I am really bummed that I won't be able to make it. My wife's 30th birthday is around that same time and that Saturday the 28th is the only time everybody in the family could meet up for birthday festivities.

tx4guns
AG
I had a customer return this set for a smaller frame size. These are fullsize. If anyone coming to this party needs them, let me know. I can bring them. Otherwise, my Kimber may be wearing them soon. They're brand new.

CactusThomas
AG
How much?

And what is the material?
OnlyForNow
AG
Soooo hot....

but I need a 1911 to put them on.
schmellba99
AG
CactusThomas said:

How much?

And what is the material?
Looks like VZ Grips in G10 material. Tough as nails, very grippy.
CactusThomas
AG
G10 makes sense. I first thought they were straight grain walnut or even cocobolo but when I zoomed in it looked funny. I wondered if they were micarta.
The Wonderer
AG
Did we ever find out of an engraver will be present?
OnlyForNow
AG
Ok to make sure everyone knows...

I am going to be smoking some ribs and some poppers. That's all I am providing.

I'd be happy to supply bowls and what not if people want to bring chips, dips, queso, salsa, etc.

It is also bring your own drinks.
OnlyForNow
AG
Also, just got a question...

what is people's ability to come on Sunday the 29th instead of Saturday?
TheVarian
AG
I'm game for Sunday
tx4guns
AG
They are VZ G10 in black cherry color.
The Wonderer
AG
Sunday is fine for me.
dubi
AG
3gun on sunday.
CTGilley
AG
LTC Sunday
KatyAg88
Calling an audible? I am flexible. Sunday after 12-1. More importantly I guess it all depends on tx4guns and Eye Guy and everyone else.
drummer0415
AG
KatyAg88 said:

Calling an audible?

CTGilley
AG
Is there a place to train here locally? You can PM me if you like not to derail the thread.
OnlyForNow
AG
We are gonna stick with Saturday, just changing the time a little.

Probably not gonna start until noon and go a little later.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.