Outdoors
Sponsored by

tx4guns... build party at the casa after the new year?

24,836 Views | 261 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by dubi
Post removed:
by user
OnlyForNow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm fine with th cigar pass as well.

Won't participate but fine with hosting, again this will ALL be outside.
The Wonderer
AG
So how many people were interested in trusts? I can bring my laptop and work with those that want to take care of this while we're there. Just curious as to the count and how many would be interested.
maverick2076
I just saw how this topic blew up. I really don't have a pressing need to build anything, but I'm close by and would love to meet up, bring some fun stuff, shoot the bull, etc. I'm not going to mess with the doodle poll, but if I can be there on the dates y'all select I will.

reveille23
I haven't been on in a few days and this thing blew up. hope it's not too late to chime in on Doodle
OnlyForNow
AG
It seems like the 28th is the best.

However, the guests of honor tx4guns and EyeGuy are who matter to me the most... sorry everyone else.
dubi
AG
OnlyForNow said:

It seems like the 28th is the best.

However, the guests of honor tx4guns and EyeGuy are who matter to me the most... sorry everyone else.
Agreed.

Please set a time and we'll get this party arranged.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If I have a rotary engraver that I can bring in, how many would be interested in having SBR engraving done?
dubi
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

If I have a rotary engraver that I can bring in, how many would be interested in having SBR engraving done?

Me! Me!
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
If I have at least 3... I'll bring it in and $30 a pop.
dubi
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

Let me confer with Mr Dubi. I think we have 2.
The Wonderer
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

I'm in. Need to get the Evo done.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
That one.... let me do a bit of checking, shouldn't be a problem but it will be engraving on poly and I haven't done it yet. Let me find something similar to practice on first.
CTGilley
AG
I just want to clarify. We are confirmed for the 28th?

Also, does anyone in BCS have a vise block they wouldn't mind lending me for next week? I wasn't expecting my parts until after Christmas but it looks like they will be here the early part of next week.
TheVarian
AG
Ahhhhh sheeeet. We are hosting a baby shower that night
OnlyForNow
AG
Yes confirmed for the 28th.
dubi
AG
TheVarian said:

If you are a guy, why the hell would you be there?
TheVarian
AG
dubi said:

TheVarian said:

If you are a guy, why the hell would you be there?

It's a happy Hour shindig for couples
CactusThomas
AG
Post removed:
by user
TheVarian
AG
Gotta do what ya gotta do . Even if it is a bundle of sticks event

Happy ladies = Happy times

Plus it is my best friends first kid. We want to supprt him and his wife's endeavors
zooguy96
I'll fly in from TN!

Just kidding.. I'm lolpoor.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
yep
normaleagle05
AG
Flights from TN aren't that expensive. I did a round trip from Dallas to Nashville for ~$230 back in April.

But you might be more lolpoor than I am.
skelso
AG
TheEyeGuy said:

That one.... let me do a bit of checking, shouldn't be a problem but it will be engraving on poly and I haven't done it yet. Let me find something similar to practice on first.

Awhich engraver did you end up getting? If it's like mine (old school pantograph) you just need to change the cutter to one profiled for polymer. It will look like hell when you finish cutting. Take your thumbnail across the engraving a few times to clear all the burred up polymer and it will look fine.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
skelso said:

TheEyeGuy said:

Awhich engraver did you end up getting? If it's like mine (old school pantograph) you just need to change the cutter to one profiled for polymer. It will look like hell when you finish cutting. Take your thumbnail across the engraving a few times to clear all the burred up polymer and it will look fine.
This. Figured it would work out fine but I haven't done it just yet so yeah. Didn't want to promise anything until I tried.
dubi
AG
Will you post and examples of your engraving?
dubi
AG
Potluck food? BYOB?

Wassup?

drummer0415
AG
I will bring beers for sure, and can probably get the wife to make a small dish of some sort for me to bring.
dubi
AG
drummer0415 said:

I will bring beers for sure, and can probably get the wife to make a small dish of some sort for me to bring.

Dang, I'll have to ask Mr Dubi to make a dish for me!
Mr. Dubi
dubi said:

drummer0415 said:

Dang, I'll have to ask Mr Dubi to make a dish for me!

I'll see if I can borrow Studioone's lathe to turn a little bowl or saucer
civilized05
AG
Just wanted to give this a bump seeing as how we're a few weeks away.

Was there ever a time decided?

Also, was thinking of bringing my hot wire foam cutter rig in the event anyone had some case foam they wanted cut. Was also thinking of bringing my Work Sharp knife sharpener in case anyone wanted to test it out/sharpen a pocket knife or two? What say you folks?

Seems like this would be a good opportunity to treat this kind of like a "show and tell" on a bunch of different OB topics that seems to pop up from time to time.
  • Binoculars
  • Spotting Scopes
  • Knife Sharpeners
  • Holsters
  • Pistols (size, fit, etc.)
  • Rifles
  • Shotguns

I doubt I'll have my LPKs in for my lowers, so I'll need something to occupy my time besides drinking and peeking over shoulders at all the cool builds.
TheEyeGuy
Sponsor
AG
Glad this was bumped, the engraver I got is going back. No like it.
Post removed:
by user
maverick2076
Since you seem to know foam, I have an old printer case I got from work. Its similar to a Pelican case, but it is made by PSI cases. It was originally built to hold a printer, so it doesn't have much foam in it. I'd like to repurpose it to take pistols and mags to the range. Ideally, I'd make it hold pistols muzzle down, sort of like this case: http://www.caseclub.com/8-pistol-case.htm?gclid=CI2uypnWrtECFQuAfgodCOcIww

I don't think I need it to be quite as fancy, though. The interior of the case measures about 22"x17"x9". I found a set of pick and pack foam that I imagine would work, here: https://www.uline.com/BL_873/Pick-and-Pack-Foam

However, I wouldn't be against a nicer, more elegant solution. What would you suggest?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.