Outdoors
Sponsored by

Things to do in borger tx

11,392 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 9 yr ago by HumbleAg04
schmellba99
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
thanks for the responses.

I can tell there's certainly a lot of options out there.

I'm hoping that there are some good hunting opportunities up there. Anyone know the going rate on a lease up in those parts?

Couldn't tell you about a lease, but there are a lot of hunting opportunities up there you won't find in the rest of the state, and as previously mentioned - you are a [relatively speaking] short drive to New Mexico, Colorado and even Arizona, Utah and Kansas. Plus, you are pretty close to mule deer country (if not in it already).
gigemJTH12
AG
quote:
There is a refinery and a bunch of pipelines there

talking about the ammonia plant KBR is building?
SA-AG72
AG
You can go to nearby Pampa and drive on Randy Matson Ave.
SouthparkKenny
KatyAg88
If you drive over to Pampa to drive on Randy Matson Ave, stop in at Dyers BBQ with a hefty apetite. Yum yum. Texas toast wit fresh apricot preserves.
There used to be some great bird hunting. Quail and pheasant, not sure anymore though. You will probably be spending a lot of your spare time in Amarillo.
TwoMarksHand
AG
quote:

It's Cybill Shepherd's birthday today btw...
SouthparkKenny
quote:
quote:

It's Cybill Shepherd's birthday today btw...

The one and only....
SouthparkKenny

Ruth Popper and Sonny Crawford......
SouthparkKenny

Sam the Lion
Potcake
AG
OP, go tromping around Dixon Creek at the County road downstream of the plant and watch the petroleum oozes come up. However watch out for the gigantic snapping turtle in there, he scary.
moses1084ever
AG
quote:
Tell me if Sandhill Cranes really are ribeye in the sky.

A former boss (coon*ss wannabe from Port Art-ur) told me they are filet mignon of the sky
940Ag
AG
Waterfowl hunting is damn good up in the Panhandle.
Poeag
AG
But is it public hunting? Or is there waterfowl clubs to join? Hunting and fishing are one of those things here in Texas where once you find a honey hole, you become very very selective of who you invite to that place and it's hard to break that barrier
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
Lots of public land. Hunting/waterfowl clubs seem to be mainly in the SE from what I've seen.
eric76
AG
When pheasants are plentiful, many farmers will readily grant you permission to hunt if you look halfway presentable and ask politely. They'll generally give advice about where they've generally seen the most pheasants.
HumbleAg04
AG
quote:
quote:
Tell me if Sandhill Cranes really are ribeye in the sky.

A former boss (coon*ss wannabe from Port Art-ur) told me they are filet mignon of the sky

That doesn't rhyme though...
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.