*** Apple Far Out - Sept 7th Event ***

7,944 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WES2006AG
El_duderino
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Definitely agree, but for some people the size and weight is too much for the phone and the 13 pro is more manageable being the same size as the XR.
rynning
AG
A couple of comparison videos:

Phat32
AG
13 pro max here and going to 14 pro max tomorrow. $720 trade in so $300 for always on, better camera and no more notch? Show me where to sign.
Phat32
AG
What a cluster
HossAg
AG
App was completely ****ting the bed for my AirPods order. Did it on the mobile website and it worked immediately.
jakester03
AG
Looks like now ATT doing $800 trade-in credit for my XR towards an iPhone 14. Excellent.
AggieFrog
AG
jakester03 said:

Looks like now ATT doing $800 trade-in credit for my XR towards an iPhone 14. Excellent.
AT&T trade-in is great so long as you're good with keeping the phone 3 years to receive the full credit.
YouBet
AG
Phat32 said:

13 pro max here and going to 14 pro max tomorrow. $720 trade in so $300 for always on, better camera and no more notch? Show me where to sign.
Why is the notch bad? I've never understand the emphasis people put on it.
nkc1981
AG
jakester03 said:

Where/how are you seeing an $800 trade-in credt for an XR? I'm showing $350 only…?
jakester03
AG
Through the Apple store app
nkc1981
AG
I see that now - did you already successfully pre-order it with it saying youre getting a $800 in bill credits, or are you just basing it off the details screen listed on Apple's site? It seems as if that info isnt correct based on everything else I'm seeing for AT&T trade in credits and that its actually just $350..
evan_aggie
AG
I only saw $350 as well.
jakester03
AG
Just basing it off the site. Gonna try to preorder today.
nkc1981
AG
Gotcha - sadly looks like its only $350 for XS/XR trade-ins.
91AggieLawyer
AG
OK, so on the new watch, I understand it comes in the cellular version only. For those that have AT&T, what is the extra cost per month for that? $10? $20? Does that mean you can make/answer calls with your watch but without your phone if, say, you went for a run?

The other application I see a new watch coming in handy for is security at my church. Using the watch as a PTT device and a wireless earbud (Apple or otherwise) without having the get the phone out of the pocket. I forgot the name of the app but I have it on my phone and it works well -- more secure than the FRS radio.
WES2006AG
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

OK, so on the new watch, I understand it comes in the cellular version only. For those that have AT&T, what is the extra cost per month for that? $10? $20? Does that mean you can make/answer calls with your watch but without your phone if, say, you went for a run?

The other application I see a new watch coming in handy for is security at my church. Using the watch as a PTT device and a wireless earbud (Apple or otherwise) without having the get the phone out of the pocket. I forgot the name of the app but I have it on my phone and it works well -- more secure than the FRS radio.
You can choose to add a cellular plan for the watch or not. Looks like it is $10/month and that would allow you to make calls, get texts, or do anything else that requires internet when away from your iPhone.
rynning
AG
nkc1981 said:

Gotcha - sadly looks like its only $350 for XS/XR trade-ins.
Yeah, I got the $350 for my XR from AT&T since I saw Apple was only offering $140.
jakester03
AG
Better to order through apple or att? Any difference? Thoughts on AppleCare? I haven't bought a new phone in years.
htxag09
AG
Check with your credit card. I get phone insurance through Amex if I use the cc to pay the phone bill.
Eliminatus
AG
Really don't understand why Apple won't make a simple black band for their watches. Kind of infuriating even. Gotta go third party I guess.

#FirstWorldProblems
evan_aggie
AG
They do. What do you mean a "normal" band?
Eliminatus
AG
evan_aggie said:

The do. But you mean a "normal" band?
Ah. I see that now on their official page. Yeah just looking for a simple black canvas strap. The Nike one is in line with that, but cringe with the JUST DO IT moto on it.
fig96
AG
91AggieLawyer said:

Nope, you select your watch size and can then choose GPS or GPS+Cellular. Ordered my GPS model last week.

But yes, you can make calls and text with just the watch if you have the Cellular model with a plan.
El_duderino
Is it best to wait for a bit to update to ios16?
fig96
AG
I'm updating today, it's been in Public Beta for a few weeks so any major issues should be sorted out. Wouldn't hurt to do a quick search to make sure there's no particular items that affect you if it's a concern though.
El_duderino
Battery life is my only concern
rynning
AG
I wouldn't upgrade to iOS 16 on an iPhone 11 (2019) or older. At least I finally started noticing my XR (2018) slowing down with iOS 15...
El_duderino
13 pro here, but yeah I'll give it some time.
fig96
AG
On a 13 and my battery might be down 10% since lunch.
evan_aggie
AG
My Xs is 79%... but it seems to have stopped there so unsure hoe accurate. it dropped to 89% after a year, then 85%, and seems to have petered out.
WES2006AG
AG
evan_aggie said:

My Xs is 79%... but it seems to have stopped there so unsure hoe accurate. it dropped to 89% after a year, then 85%, and seems to have petered out.
I think I read that it only updates that percentage after a software update.
AgfromHOU
AG
I updated today. No issues so far and everything seems snappier. I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro
Desert Power
AG
AgfromHOU said:

I updated today. No issues so far and everything seems snappier. I'm on an iPhone 12 Pro

I echo this as well. 12 pro max and no issues. Everything does seem very snappy. That alone im really happy with this update.
StringerBell
AG
haptic feedback on the keyboard is a nice touch (no pun intended)
gcracker13
AG
What is the benefit to haptic keyboard? Is it just a personal preference thing?

Genuinely asking as it seems annoying and battery draining to me

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.