*** Apple Far Out - Sept 7th Event ***

7,883 Views | 125 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by WES2006AG
BrazosDog02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looks like a pretty standard phone rollout. I have a 13 Pro Max, and the always on features seems unexplainably useless. The dynamic island doesn't seem worth the upgrade cost from a 13 Pro Max, IMHO. I really think the best bang for the buck on iPhone is 'every other'. Sure, there is the market for the folks that have to have the best of the best newest gimmick, and for them , this is worth it, but generally, I don't think so.

On a serious practical note, what on earth is the purpose of the 'always on' display? It's a feature I would immediately turn off considering you can touch the screen on the iphone and turn on the display to regular brightness and see whatever you need to see at a level you can actually ready and use. What's the point? I don't understand. As with most things apple, they seem to have things I don't understand and don't need until thye have them, and then its clear why I needed them. LOL. But it still doesn't make sense.
StringerBell
AG
personal preference. havent noticed the battery lag but i only turned it on this morning.
rynning
AG
https://apple.news/AnkI4U_BkQsuextgili-TQQ
or
https://www.wsj.com/articles/iphone-14-and-14-pro-review-go-pro-or-go-home-11663160540

If the gap between the 14 and 14 Pro is worth more than $200 to most people, I wonder if Apple should have made the Dynamic Island a feature of both phones, leaving all the other specs the same. Of course, maybe Apple fully expects most people to pay the premium price this year.
rynning
AG
iPhone 14 Pro ordered from AT&T on 9/9 delivered by FedEx this morning.
WES2006AG
AG
Picking up my Series 8 watch later today at the Apple Store. Also have an Ultra coming next week just in case it is something I can't live without. One of them will be returned when I decide.
Al Bula
AG
Loaded iOS 16 on my 11 Pro two nights ago. I noticed more battery drain while at the gym using only bluetooth earbuds, music and a workout tracker. Battery is at 84% health.
Big Cat `93
AG
I've had a little more battery drain than usual on my Xr, too. Noticeable but not terrible.
fig96
AG
My 8 is coming next week, I have a Series 6 that seems to be a bit of a lemon but wasn't included in their recall.
Eliminatus
AG
Looked at getting a Series 8 and was projected a mid October ship date from Apple. Was bummed but didn't think too much about it until the algorithm overlord saw me snooping and suggested it to Amazon. I now have a Series 8 being overnighted via Amazon….and I got to use my Prime card so another 5% off on top. Which I would not have gotten via Apple directly.
YouBet
AG
gcracker13 said:

What is the benefit to haptic keyboard? Is it just a personal preference thing?

Genuinely asking as it seems annoying and battery draining to me
Have it in my car (Cadillac CUE). It's dumb and doesn't work well. Maybe Apple did it better but I think the intent is to somehow sense what you are trying to do and make actions more efficient.
Claude!
UPS driver dropped my phone off just now and asked me if there was a sale going on for iPhones or something. Said he'd delivered like 30 already today.
AgfromHOU
AG
I've been using the 14 pro all afternoon and evening. Much snappier than the 12 pro I was on. I really like the always on more than I thought. I like being able to see notifications I missed without having to pick up my phone, which is great since I have to do about 1/4 of my work off of my phone and it lays next to my keyboard most of the day.

I will say that trying to upload my iCloud backup was infinitely more frustrating than it was two years ago.
Phat32
AG
14 Pro Max is a delight here
AgsWin2011
AG
Anyone downloaded the new iOS yet? Was curious if I should download now or wait for bug issues to be worked out. I have a iPhone 12 Pro Max (personal phone) and a iPhone 13 Pro Max (work phone).
fig96
AG
It's been in public beta for a while, shouldn't be any major bugs at this point. Been fine for me on a 13.
Southpaw 07
AG
My XS has handled the upgrade fine for several days. Your newer phones should be fine.
ExPLK
AG
Upgraded to 14 pro from X. Figured it was time since phone was slowing down and battery jaws winding down.

14 pro is fast! No more lagging.
Big Cat `93
AG
I take it back. The battery drain is getting in the terrible neighborhood.
StringerBell
AG
Picked up my watch 8 yesterday. Been on an AW2 before so this is light years better.
LeftyAg89
AG
Thanks for the heads up! Still liking my XR and was about to upgrade to IOS 16.
WES2006AG
AG
My Apple Watch Ultra came in Friday. It is big but not ridiculously big. Going to be keeping it instead of the Series 8. Love the new battery life and it is nice to have a new design after so many years of wearing essentially the same watch.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.