Games You'd Like to See Get a Reboot

9,007 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
Halibut
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Red Faction Guerilla. The remaster is decent, but just imagine what they could do building the game for modern hardware.
wangus12
AG
n_touch said:

wangus12 said:

Fenrir said:

Captain Positivity said:

The Mercenaries series. Love running around and blowing random crap up.

A remaster or something. First one is one of my favorite games but it's so dated now if you even have hardware it can play on.

Unfortunately EA killed the studio and I can't imagine they care enough about the IP to try.
At least the first one is still playable and backwards compatible. The 2nd one was also awesome, but only playable on 360.
Think I may fire this one up this weekend

I'm not sure my disc works anymore I played it so much
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Ancient Art of War
Asheron's Call
Warcraft - the old campaign-driven platforms
flakrat
AG
Morrowind
Fenrir
n_touch said:

wangus12 said:

Fenrir said:

Captain Positivity said:

The Mercenaries series. Love running around and blowing random crap up.

A remaster or something. First one is one of my favorite games but it's so dated now if you even have hardware it can play on.

Unfortunately EA killed the studio and I can't imagine they care enough about the IP to try.
At least the first one is still playable and backwards compatible. The 2nd one was also awesome, but only playable on 360.
Think I may fire this one up this weekend

It was on windows, may be able to play it on there if you can find a copy (don't think it's on steam but saw a pc disc copy on Amazon at one point for like $5).
The Fife
Tomas Hermensa said:

Ancient Art of War
Asheron's Call
Warcraft - the old campaign-driven platforms

The most recent version of that game I've played ran on a 512K Mac.

My vote goes to Marathon / 2 / Infinity because it's the first FPS that had an actual plot, and a pretty good one at that.
IronAg45
AG

Star Control 2!

MW03
AG
I would love to see a new version of the original Legend of Zelda. I don't mean a continuation of the series. I mean a redone version of the classic with a new map and improved graphics, but the same vaguely top-down view and game play. Still dealing with screen mazes, blowing holes in suspicious boulders, finding rafts and flutes and what not. Same backtracking your way to faerie fountains. Same collecting coins to buy upgraded weapons and rings and etc. The original Zelda might've been the first open world game. Just expand on that and make it enormous.
bluefire579
AG
MW03 said:

I would love to see a new version of the original Legend of Zelda. I don't mean a continuation of the series. I mean a redone version of the classic with a new map and improved graphics, but the same vaguely top-down view and game play. Still dealing with screen mazes, blowing holes in suspicious boulders, finding rafts and flutes and what not. Same backtracking your way to faerie fountains. Same collecting coins to buy upgraded weapons and rings and etc. The original Zelda might've been the first open world game. Just expand on that and make it enormous.
They did that for Link's Awakening on Switch. Might be it sells enough that they do that for the other top-down ones
tk for tu juan
Space Quest and Kings Quest
G Martin 87
AG
Arkansas
JJxvi
AG
IronAg45 said:

Star Control 2!

Mass Effect is very similar in plot to the sequel, Star Control 3.
Claude!
IronAg45 said:

Star Control 2!

The Ur-Quan Masters is a not very recent remake of Star Control 2.
Brock Sampson
AG
powerbelly said:

Brock Sampson said:

NFL Blitz
I loved this game so much as a kid.

Da Bomb
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Fall Guys, but the skins are the uniforms from Squid Games. Also add blood.
reproag
AG
AggieZUUL said:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Sir yes sir
AgLaw02
AG
tamusc said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

Dr. Horrible said:

KOTOR

I'm assuming you've seen this:

Yes, but that's just a remaster of the original isn't it? Not a reboot?
Well, it's a remake in a modern engine, which is exactly what I want.

Why would you want to reboot it and replace an awesome story with something that would almost certainly be a downgrade?
KOTOR holds up. My teenage sons say it's the best game they've ever played.
AgLaw02
AG
They should remake Descent.

Which Descent, you ask? The 1995 FPS where you explored mines in a spacecraft; or Descent Freespace, the unrelated space combat sim that's been kept alive with modern graphics and new missions by the online community?

Both.
KidDoc
AG
AgLaw02 said:

Which Descent, you ask? The 1995 FPS where you explored mines in a spacecraft; or Descent Freespace, the unrelated space combat sim that's been kept alive with modern graphics and new missions by the online community?

Both.
Check out Overload on steam.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Deputy Travis Junior
Myth the Fallen Lords
tamusc
AG
AgLaw02 said:

tamusc said:

Dr. Horrible said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

Dr. Horrible said:

KOTOR

I'm assuming you've seen this:

Yes, but that's just a remaster of the original isn't it? Not a reboot?
Well, it's a remake in a modern engine, which is exactly what I want.

Why would you want to reboot it and replace an awesome story with something that would almost certainly be a downgrade?
KOTOR holds up. My teenage sons say it's the best game they've ever played.
Awesome. I haven't played it in years (played it last on the iPad while traveling when that port was first released) and cannot wait to play the remaster.
Its Not Rocket Surgery
AG
- The 3DO version of Return Fire. Was a simple game but a ton of fun.
- Silent Service
- Master of Orion ll - a direct spiritual successor
Eliminatus
AG
AggieZUUL said:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert
Unit Lost, Unit Lost, Unit Lost, Unit Lost, Unit Lost, Unit Lost.........Building.......Unit Lost, Unit Lost, Unit Lost
Eliminatus
AG
Its Not Rocket Surgery said:

- The 3DO version of Return Fire. Was a simple game but a ton of fun.
- Silent Service
- Master of Orion ll - a direct spiritual successor
This actually was remade. Not sure how well it did though. MOO2 was amazing and defined the genre for a while but not sure if it can keep up today in the sea of 4X games now.
Gomer95
AG
This but also have it for PS5.

The Fife
AgLaw02 said:

Both.
I used to dump the computer video out to a 27" TV and played probably 6' in front of it using a FlightStick. So much motion sickness!
KidDoc
AG
The Fife said:

AgLaw02 said:

Both.
I used to dump the computer video out to a 27" TV and played probably 6' in front of it using a FlightStick. So much motion sickness!
I've been playing Overload with my Quest 2 in VR with a PS4 controller. I can generally only do one level per session and I've played a decent amount of VR so have good VR legs. I can play project cars 2 with steering wheel in VR for a few hours without any issues.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MW03
AG
Not a reboot, but a remaster

Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Open world duck hunter.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Myst
FatZilla
AG
Insert any "turn-based" rpg here. This action rpg **** is ****in dumb. Ruined FF past 10 and many other series.
KidDoc
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Myst

Release August 2021

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1255560/Myst/
YouBet
AG
FatZilla said:

Insert any "turn-based" rpg here. This action rpg **** is ****in dumb. Ruined FF past 10 and many other series.

There are some cool looking turn based rpgs out there on steam from smaller developers. Some of them apparently have pretty steep difficulty curves though.
Chipotlemonger
AG
Any of y'all ever play the turn-based Mario RPG game? Damn that was fun as hell. Legend of the Seven Stars or something like that.
KidDoc
AG
YouBet said:

FatZilla said:

There are some cool looking turn based rpgs out there on steam from smaller developers. Some of them apparently have pretty steep difficulty curves though.
Gloomhaven and For The King are pretty fun turn based RPGs I've played lately.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.