Games You'd Like to See Get a Reboot

8,788 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are these things on shortage too? I see msrp is 79, but Amazon is selling it for 249
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
Quad Dog
AG
The 2004 Ninja Gaidens were great reboot of the original. But the action-adventure genre has changed so much since especially with the innovations the Batman games introduced.
I'd love to see a rereboot of Ninja Gaiden with all of the modern innovations and even a few ninja stealth levels.
Claude!
BadMoonRisin said:

Are these things on shortage too? I see msrp is 79, but Amazon is selling it for 249
Possibly, but I also think they may've had a limited run, or aren't producing a ton of new ones. Same issue with the NES classic.
The Fife
Claude! said:

BadMoonRisin said:

Claude! said:

Chipotlemonger said:

Sounds freaking awesome
It's included in the SNES Classic mini console.
I didnt know anything about the mini console, but holy crap.

It has Secret of Mana, FF3, and Earthbound, and Mario RPG? I might have to get it.
If you do, also do yourself a favor and pick up a controller by 8bitdo. They do wireless controllers that have the look and feel of an SNES controller and are much superior to the wired controllers that come with the console.

You can also get an adapter that let's you use SNES controllers. The SNES Classic is pretty sweet with a Super Advantage!
BadMoonRisin
AG
Bummer. Not going to pay 3x markup for a 3 decade old console.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
chase128
AG
Especially when you can get ROMs for free...
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Toe Jam and Earl
River City Ransom
The Fife
Battletoads, but don't change how just a tiny mistake will get you insta-killed.
powerbelly
AG
The Fife said:

Battletoads, but don't change how just a tiny mistake will get you insta-killed.

It was like the first darksouls
purplehayes
X-Wing
KidDoc
AG
purplehayes said:

X-Wing
Essentially already done with Star Wars Squadrons

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
JJxvi
AG
Hasn't X-Wing has been remade twice (also X vs TIE)?
maverick2076
Outlaw Golf and Outlaw Golf 2.
Dark_Knight
AG
JJxvi said:

Hasn't X-Wing has been remade twice (also X vs TIE)?

Those aren't remakes...that's a continuing of the series.

Also Squadrons doesn't count as that was pretty much garbage game play.

There are fan made mods for Xwing Alliance for graphics upgrades and added story. Also a Tie Fighter conversion is nearly complete, and an Xwing version in the works.

But this isn't about remakes, this is about reboots.

I'd love to see the XWing series brought back in proper form. Squadrons was a start, but still a misstep. It was far too "arcade-like" with all the weird ship mods and multi-player was stymied by the lack of players and not being able to use CPU pilots to fill in the empty player slots.

Along with that, the Wing Commander series too. Star Citizen is supposed to be the spiritual successor with Squadron 51 or whatever it is, but when is that ever going to be done?
Because I'm Batman!

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.