Games You'd Like to See Get a Reboot

9,016 Views | 152 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Dark_Knight
KidDoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Rock Band

My kids are finally old enough to play it with, but sold my Xbox 360 and instruments many years ago when I'd stopped having time to play. Need a reboot on current gen consoles or PC.
Yeah I love me some Rock Band/GH. I would like to have one in VR.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Legend of Dragoon on PS1 needs a remaster
n_touch
This was such a fun game. Hard to believe the last one was for the PS2
AggieVictor10
AG
Big Johnson Ag said:

Legend of Dragoon on PS1 needs a remaster
Hell yeah. Would love to see this game on a current gen system.
Moe Jzyslak
AG
The game had lots of great ideas and was pretty ground breaking. Graphics were the biggest thing it needed to improve on. It didn't get the attention it deserved because it was basically going head to head with Final Fantasy 9 after release.
Vince Blake
Fallout New Vegas….either a remaster or sequel.
Star Wars Battlefront 2 2005 edition…just a fun, simple shooter set in the Star Wars universe without all the bloat
Woods Ag
AG
Dark Ages of Camelot
Warhammer Online
CrottyKid
AG
Twisted Metal 2

Keep everything about the gameplay and story exactly the same and update the graphics and sound.
ExPLK
AG
Pilotwings!
erudite
AggieZUUL said:

Command & Conquer: Red Alert
No Generals? I'd love to see the brain melt from EA making that politically incorrect game just for laughs.
Don't get me wrong, it isn't as good as Tib Sun but some of the lines are just hilarious.

Quote:

Hmm.. What are they doing there? What are they, protesters?
Said line was if you force moved running over infantry as a Chinese dozer but got patched out sadly.
Dr. Horrible
KOTOR
Ghost of Bisbee
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

KOTOR

I'm assuming you've seen this:
Pman17
AG
Simpsons Hit and Run
Head Ninja In Charge
AG
Final Fantasy VIII
Xenogears
GTA: Vice City
NFL 2K5
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Final Fantasy VIII 100% needs a remaster. Best game in the series, in my opinion. Never understand all the hate it gets.
CC09LawAg
E.V.O. Search for Eden on SNES. I can't remember how many hours I sunk into this game.
Beezy2389
AG
Skyrim. We're well overdue.
Dr. Horrible
Ghost of Bizbee said:

Dr. Horrible said:

KOTOR

Yes, but that's just a remaster of the original isn't it? Not a reboot?
tamusc
AG
Dr. Horrible said:

Ghost of Bizbee said:

Dr. Horrible said:

KOTOR

Yes, but that's just a remaster of the original isn't it? Not a reboot?
Well, it's a remake in a modern engine, which is exactly what I want.

Why would you want to reboot it and replace an awesome story with something that would almost certainly be a downgrade?
chase128
AG
Do you mean a remake like FF7 got?

There's a remaster for FF8 that's been out a while
chase128
AG
I'd like to see the following get a remaster like Final Fantasy 12 and 8 got in recent years:

Chrono Cross
Chrono Trigger
Star Fox 64
Vagrant Story (this needs some rebalancing, updating though)

I think Final Fantasy Tactics needs a remaster/remake, something. War of the Lions wasn't quite enough.
91AggieLawyer
AG
Ghost of Bizbee said:

There have been a few Tron spin-offs, a big one that Disney published in 2010 and the last one was published in 2016

My last (and only) gaming system was an Atari 2600. I played arcade games in the '80s, but that's about it for computer gaming for me, other than Tetris or something on my desktop occasionally or a card game on my iPad.
TexAggee05
AG
Contra
aggiebq03+
KidDoc said:

aggiebq03+ said:

Rock Band

My kids are finally old enough to play it with, but sold my Xbox 360 and instruments many years ago when I'd stopped having time to play. Need a reboot on current gen consoles or PC.

Agree as well. Beat Saber is fun, but I want to really hit something when playing drums. Just can't replace the physical instruments with VR ones for me, as it's not as much fun.
Anubus
The Secret of Monkey Island and Monkey Island 2: LeChuck's Revenge
Moe Jzyslak
AG
Yeah, a remake like FF7 got, sorry. Meant a current-gen remake and not just an HD remaster
KidDoc
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

KidDoc said:

aggiebq03+ said:

Rock Band

Agree as well. Beat Saber is fun, but I want to really hit something when playing drums. Just can't replace the physical instruments with VR ones for me, as it's not as much fun.
I saw this yesterday, looks kind of interesting!

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bluefire579
AG
Big Johnson Ag said:

Final Fantasy VIII 100% needs a remaster. Best game in the series, in my opinion. Never understand all the hate it gets.
Angsty love story. Also think a lot of people didn't like the Junction system (I, for one, absolutely love it)
bluefire579
AG
aggiebq03+ said:

Rock Band

They tried that a few years ago. Seems like the idea of music games just doesn't grab folks like it did in the early 2000s.
Brock Sampson
AG
NFL Blitz
powerbelly
AG
Brock Sampson said:

NFL Blitz
I loved this game so much as a kid.
wangus12
AG
Fenrir said:

Captain Positivity said:

The Mercenaries series. Love running around and blowing random crap up.

A remaster or something. First one is one of my favorite games but it's so dated now if you even have hardware it can play on.

Unfortunately EA killed the studio and I can't imagine they care enough about the IP to try.
At least the first one is still playable and backwards compatible. The 2nd one was also awesome, but only playable on 360.
n_touch
wangus12 said:

Fenrir said:

Captain Positivity said:

The Mercenaries series. Love running around and blowing random crap up.

A remaster or something. First one is one of my favorite games but it's so dated now if you even have hardware it can play on.

Unfortunately EA killed the studio and I can't imagine they care enough about the IP to try.
At least the first one is still playable and backwards compatible. The 2nd one was also awesome, but only playable on 360.
Think I may fire this one up this weekend

evan_aggie
AG
So much win on this thread.

It moved... I know, tmi.
superunknown
AG
The Unholy War was another good one on PS1, it had a strategy mode and a mayhem mode. Mayhem was great for playing 1 v 1 against a buddy while drinking beer or whatever.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.