Animal Crossing on Nintendo Switch

51,875 Views | 748 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Super Aggie 64
easttexasaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I've heard lots of talk about this game on older systems but I've never played it. Honestly I'm still trying to wrap my head around what it is. It seems the game drops you off on a deserted island and your task is to live there and interact with the other inhabitants. I think I would either love this game or get really bored. However, I'm just nerdy enough that it looks kinda fun.

CalebMcCreary06 Friend Code: SW-6848-0632-1793

Pman17 Friend Code: 5076-1544-9029

Shrinky Dink Friend Code: SW-1090-7894-3908

The Fife Friend Code: SW-7764-7067-0117

MaroonOut09 Friend Code: SW-3831-6081-0729

Zombie Friend Code: SW-7452-8537-6990

easttexasaggie04 Friend Code: SW-3973-6410-6708

FightinTexasAg15 7379-9830-2303

CDowsk09 SW3895-4656-0492
spanky
AG
You haven't pre-ordered your Animal Crossing edition Switch yet? Blasphemy
AgSportsFan89
AG
Well the first one was on Gamecube, and you started out almost as an indentured servant. You had to repay off the town's store owner to afford the house you moved into. And then you could keep upgrading it to a point for more money.

The fun was in collecting the fish, bugs, fossils in my experience (filling out the local museum). And the super rare furniture and games you could put in your home.

One of the neat devices was that your neighbors would move out of your town while others would move in. They all had their own quirks. And time would pass whether you were playing or not.
Pman17
AG
It's kind of like Stardew Valley if you've played that.

Basically you're a resident of a small town and you collect things, sell them, buy more things and build up your house. Along the way you make friends with NPCs and send them gifts and they send you gifts. The fun part is customization. You make the town your own. It's like a virtual Zen garden.

What's exciting about it for Switch is multiplayer. There was multiplayer in past games but not as big as this. It's what Animal Crossing multiplayer should have been. In multiplayer you basically just hangout with friends and they can visit your island and you can visit theirs. Collecting is a huge part of the game and your friends may have items or resources that you may not have on your island. One example is peaches, you may have tons of peaches on your island, but no apples. Your friend has apples so you take some of their apples and start growing apples on your island.
The Fife
That's true about multiplayer on the Wii. It generally worked in my experience but could get pretty buggy in terms of connection stability.

Any preorder deals going on for the physical version?
CDub06
AG
I'm a big fan of Stardew Valley. I had the same question about Animal Crossing. I'd heard a lot about it, but didn't really know what it was about...

I might pick it up after all. But at this point in my life, I don't think the multiplayer piece will impact my decision.
Not a Bot
AG
Is this like a grown ups game or a kids game?
powerbelly
AG
Moxley said:

Both
Pman17
AG
powerbelly said:

Moxley said:

Both

The kids that played this are grown up in 20s/30s. Nintendo is definitely marketing to them and their children.
Pman17
AG
If anyone is ordering physical, your game may be delayed.

I cancelled my Amazon order two days ago and went digital.
AggieVictor10
AG
This will be the first time I play an AC game.

Gonna name my character "DOOMSLAYER" if I can...cuz I'm getting doom also.
Vince Blake
This one is getting outstanding reviews. Sitting at a 91 on Metacritic. https://www.metacritic.com/game/switch/animal-crossing-new-horizons
spanky
AG
Got a delay email from bestbuy. As if there wasn't enough anarchy in my household.
BenFiasco14
AG
Playing now
CNN is an enemy of the state and should be treated as such.
TheDraw
AG
The island naming has a 10 character limit, so sadly you will not be able to visit me at Gullah Gullah Island.
spanky
AG
Out for delivery woohoo! Crisis averted
Super Aggie 64
AG
I was not originally planning on buying this game, but I got it today since I have more free time due to the corona virus. Need to escape to a deserted island in real life.
BenFiasco14
AG
My gf and I are playing on the same console. I had to move onto her island. She wasn't pleased when I threw my tent down next to hers and trampled her flowers
BowSowy
AG
Wife and I played this for a couple of hours tonight. It's our first time playing AC, but the calmness was perfect for us given everything else going on.
easttexasaggie04
AG
I still can't decide if I would get into this game or not.
bthotugigem05
AG
I need iron nuggets
I Like Mike
AG
Anyone want to play multiplayer? I have pears! My friend code is SW-6848-0632-1793.
Pman17
AG

Made through
https://www.acpatterns.com/

3DS QR codes can be added with the Nintendo Switch Online App. Scan the code with the app. Then in the game, go to custom designs and hit the Plus Button to download.
BenFiasco14
AG
Someone from Switzerland visited our island
BenFiasco14
AG
My gf is hosting on our island for a bit if you're playing.

Dodo code: K49VB
The Fife
Any deals out for the physical version, or should I just order it from Amazon?
FatZilla
AG
The Fife said:

Walmart physical is $49 right now still i think. In Store price only, wont show online per Slickdeals.net.
I Like Mike
AG
Post your codes! Mine for 3/22 is 86VQX
SchlepRock
AG
Our family just started playing this. I've never played an Animal Crossing game but it seems to be the perfect game for a quarantined family to play together at home. I bought a lawn chair, a plastic container and an outdoor generator and I'm sitting outside my tent and my wife is laughing at me. Fun times.
SchlepRock
AG
Just tried visiting, looks like it's closed! Must have missed you.
The Fife
FatZilla said:

The Fife said:

Walmart physical is $49 right now still i think. In Store price only, wont show online per Slickdeals.net.

Walking out of Wal Mart right now with a $49 copy. Thank you kind sir!

Be back later with my code. My almost 4 year old is going to love this.
Pman17
AG
FYI, if you sell fruits that aren't native on a friends island. It's 5K bells per 10.
bthotugigem05
AG
Took way too long to convert my Kyle Field image into custom designs but I'm proud of it.

Pman17
AG
5076-1544-9029
I Like Mike
AG
Added you

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.