Apex Legends

36,375 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jr15aggie
BadMoonRisin
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I jumped back in a month ago after not playing since season 2.
JobSecurity
AG
Next season won't be a bad time to start if the new mode interests you. It'll be brand new so the learning curve will be there for everyone
HossAg
AG
This is my main game. Glad to see the player base is strong lately.
Prime0882
AG
Showing up late to the boat on this one, but, Destiny 2's PVP is so busted now a days I finally gave in to try out Apex. Loving it so far and if there's anyone still playing, please feel free to hit me up.

PS5: Prime0882
cr0wbar
AG
There are still some of us that play - I've been steadily playing since season 0. My favorite BR. Will give you an add this evening
tfunk02
AG
I've been thinking about going back to Apex. Anyone have a good YouTube video explaining the current state of Apex?

I have not played since Season 4 when Revenant first made it into the game.
degreedy
AG
tfunk02 said:

I've been thinking about going back to Apex. Anyone have a good YouTube video explaining the current state of Apex?

I have not played since Season 4 when Revenant first made it into the game.
I have not played since season 3-4 as well. Man it was my daily driver there for a little while. Need to hop back on and give it an honest chance again.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Is it just me or did the last patch completely **** the game on PC? I cant even get into a game. Redownloaded my vid card drivers, everything. Worked just fine before I went out for the week.
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
HossAg
AG
I played the first day of the update and didn't have issues finding games, but the servers have been ass.
cr0wbar
AG
Season 10: Emergence out today

tfunk02
AG
Is there a YouTube channel that can explain the gun/game meta for me? I want to come back to Apex, but I don't know what's going on anymore. I'm getting slaughtered, and need a refresher. Is there someone for Apex like JGod is for COD Warzone?
HossAg
AG
Weapons are a lot more balanced in apex than in Warzone, so there's not a really deep meta in terms of guns. It's really just what you're comfortable with. The easiest setup to run is probably R301 + R99 or R301 + EVA-8/Peacekeeper. The spitfire has been moved to the care package, or that would be another really good main gun.

Flatline is good, but harder to control than the R3. I'd stay away from energy weapons unless you're grabbing the volt. The L star is a good early game weapon, but it falls off hard in the late game for me.

I'm not really sure of the best YouTuber to watch, but in general, the guns are balanced really well, and the ones that you get fried with may not always work for you. The wingman and 30-30 are good examples. Very hard to use, but extremely good guns if you are able to hit the shots.
tfunk02
AG
Sounds like the guns are about the same as when I left (after Revenants release). I guess I just need to understand the strategy better and know what all these new characters (to me) do.

Thanks!
HossAg
AG
My best advice is to back up in fights immediately any time you get 3rd partied. Always control the 3rd partying. It's usually pretty manageable to escape and be the 3rd team shooting in. It's easy to just get caught in the middle when you really don't have to be.
cr0wbar
AG
bump for Season 11 new character, new (huge) map!
canadiaggie
AG
At least Ash isn't completely broken on release like Seer was.

I feel like the CAR was a super unnecessary gun though. Functionally a R-99 replacement that can use heavy ammo.

That being said I'm having way more fun this season than last. Last was the first time since I started playing (S4) that I didn't finish the battle pass.
Hagen95
AG
Loving the new map. Came back to apex last season after a long hiatus. Surprisingly easy to get back into.
cr0wbar
AG
Loving the new map as well. I like the introduction of prowlers and spiders. Guaranteed good loot and even some crafting materials if you clear out the entire area. Makes ring running while shooting at another team even more fun.

Not crazy about the CAR either. Liked it enough in TF2 - but I can't think fast enough to inventory management heavy & light ammo. I cannot comprehend that recoil pattern either. Give me a 301/Flatline + mastiff loadout and I'm happy.
HossAg
AG
Not a huge fan of the new map, personally. Very big and doesn't flow as well as the other maps. The visuals are really nice, though. I just think World's edge is basically the perfect BR map, and it's hard to beat.
canadiaggie
AG
HossAg said:

Not a huge fan of the new map, personally. Very big and doesn't flow as well as the other maps. The visuals are really nice, though. I just think World's edge is basically the perfect BR map, and it's hard to beat.

Every WE game for me:

• Drop at Tree
  • Third party some suckers at Sorting Factory/Whatever the SF replacement area is called
  • Mop up Harvester
  • Get slaughtered by preds smurfing in Fragment

I actually agree that the new map isn't nearly as intuitive as the other maps are. But somehow I don't suck on it as much as I do on WE and that's ok by me.
Hagen95
AG
Played with some random guys and all we did was hot drop. After a few games, we figured out our skill set and it was pretty fun. By the end, we were making some good runs and won a few matches. Learned to appreciate Loba ult. Much better than usual of having one guy just run off and get killed and disconnect.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Anyone still playing this season? Ive started to spend time in arenas and its really helping me be a better player in BR
I know I ain't leavin' you like I know He ain't leavin' us
I know we believe in God and I know God believes in us
All I do is Nguyen
The new event is really neat. New game mode called Armed and Dangerous where you only have snipers and shottys
No matter what
cr0wbar
AG
Season 14 bump - there's a small collection of PM guys that still run some trios. New character, Vantage is a fun movement sniper.
HossAg
AG
Really like the season 14 Kings Canyon map changes. Map rotations are way better for ranked. Not a huge fan of the faster zone, especially when Kings Canyon is already tiny. Makes having a Valk on your team basically essential if you're trying to get decent placement in ranked.
cr0wbar
AG

New Classes

Assault class gets NEW red supply bins

Team Deathmatch!

Season 16 Revelry has been out for a couple weeks now. Revamped character classes - new energy AR Rifle Nemesis (try it out before they nerf it) absolutely shreds people. Game needed a fresh coat of paint put on it.

Season 16 Patch Notes

Discord: crowbar#2589
Hagen95
AG
You aren't kidding about the nemesis rifle. It's gonna get nerfed hard.
cr0wbar
AG
Yea - it's especially scary when you hear two "pew-pews" of the Nemesis. I just quietly start to back up...
cr0wbar
AG
So - ALGS Split 2 kicks off this weekend (Pro League Apex Tournament) and we have our very own Fightin' Texas Aggie Casting the tournament, Benjamin Fossitt.

Zephyr - if you're a lurker, big big congrats. Go get em!

cr0wbar
AG
about that time that I wrote another Apex Legends post to myself:

Today Season 17 ARSENAL is out <- Patch Notes

New Legend Ballistic:

PASSIVE: SLING
Store a third weapon in the sling. Access via inventory or Character Utility Action Button. The sling weapon cannot take attachments.
TACTICAL: WHISTLER
Shoots a projectile that heats up an enemy's gun as they shoot. Overheating causes damage. Hold the Tactical to lock-on.
ULTIMATE: TEMPEST
Nearby teammates get faster reloads, faster-armed move speed, and Infinite Ammo. The sling weapon will be upgraded to gold.

HUGE Firing Range Update:

• New Survival Items EVAC Tower
  • Ping System Updates
  • Weapon Mastery
  • Revamped Ranked

See yall in there

Discord: crowbar#2589
HawthornAggie
AG
New ranked system is…different
gumby579
AG
HawthornAggie said:

New ranked system is…different
I'm halfway enjoying this new system....but for some reason people are still wanting to hot drop and land on top of other teams to fight right away. I switched from Wattson to Lifeline the past two days and holy **** it's making the experience a little bit easier to gain LP since I solo-q.
HawthornAggie
AG
I'm having a great time in the new season. It's strange not having a kill multiplier but other than that, no major complaints. I've been running Caustic for the majority of this new season. Forgot how great he is on Kings Canyon.
cr0wbar
AG
ALGS Split 2 Playoffs kicked off this week:

https://www.twitch.tv/nicewigg

https://www.twitch.tv/playapex

canadiaggie
AG
I took a few months off apex around my wedding and till now- and dropped into a public lobby last night.

Can only describe what followed as: got my cheeks clapped hard.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.