Apex Legends

36,199 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 9 mo ago by jr15aggie
Kampfers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.ea.com/games/apex-legends

Made by Respawn (Titanfall), looks to be a fairly unique take on the Battle Royale genre. F2P with new characters supposedly free to unlock through grinding or purchasing a season pass similar to R:6 Siege.

Looks pretty interesting. Came pretty much out of nowhere, announced yesterday and dropped today. Can be downloaded now. PC/PS4/XB1

I'll be checking it out tonight on PC if any players are interested.

Origin:
jr281 - Vade281
tv1113 - madmarttigan
theterk - theterk
tamusc - Daredev1l7
TexAg_Kyle - TexAgKyle
OldArmy07 - OldArmy007
hot dog - FoggyFoggyFoggy
Patty#11190 - pattty1
Kampfers - Parrot_Paradox
Hagen95 - WillMunny95

Aggie Nation (Nerdery Discord)

XBL:
Lt. Joe Bookman - Jonathan Moxon
jr15aggie - The Aggie
saltydog13 - purplehaze0013
HawthornAggie - garciama12
Bryan98 - Fedaykin98
Joker98 - dre98
TonsterPS - TonsterPS
dtkprowler - dtkprowler
TexasAg 2018 - Kevinvisible

PSN:
AGinHI - DaKineTyKai
Kampfers - FattyTRex
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
Have played a match on Xbone. Not bad

I haven't ever played Fortnight, or any battle royale game for that matter. But this was pretty fun.

Gamer tag: Jonathan Moxon

HossAg
AG
Logged 5 or 6 wins already. Definitely a fun game.
t_J_e_C_x
AG
Not gonna lie. I'm a huge, dedicated fan of Titanfall and loved the sequel. Not only would I rather have Titanfall 3, but to learn it's not even in development? Kinda pissed. BR is a fad.
C/O 2013 - Company E2
Vade281
AG
I'm loving it so far. Origin: Jayr281
PSN/XBOX/Origin/Epic/Steam/Uplay: Vade281
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
saltydog13
AG
Does this have cross platform like fortnite or is everyone separated?
boy09
AG
JCRebel13 said:

BR is a fad.

It's a really fun fad though.
Vade281
AG
I think everyone is separated as far as I can tell. We got our first win after 3 hours of playing and lot of close matches. The gun play and movement is tight and tuned but the game begs to have your keys rebound. This game overall though has the feel of a AAA game. I'll be streaming this game more for sure.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/375424243
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
AGinHI
AG
I'm not into BR. Think I only ever played one game.

I am a fan of Titanfall, even without Titans.

Would love to try this with a team.

PSN DaKineTyKai
“We don't have a government of the people, by the people, for the people. We have government of the people, by the bureaucrats, for the bureaucrats.”

-Milton Friedman
k20dub
AG
BallerStaf2003
AG
JCRebel13 said:

Not gonna lie. I'm a huge, dedicated fan of Titanfall and loved the sequel. Not only would I rather have Titanfall 3, but to learn it's not even in development? Kinda pissed. BR is a fad.

It's not at all. Has the most teamwork and is the most fun I've had in years.
WES2006AG
AG
JCRebel13 said:

Pretty sure this fad is around for good. BR mode just gives you an experience that can not be matched by regular multiplayer.

ETA: Is this a Playstation exclusive or cani play on Xbox One?
dcaggie04
AG
It's on PC, PS4, and XB1.
Pman17
AG
Played one game and had fun. I like the feel of the controls.
Kampfers
AG
saltydog13 said:

Quote:

Although cross-play is unavailable at launch, Respawn told Eurogamer it "plans to allow players to play with their friends on other platforms". Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends, "due to the way systems were set up early on" which "can't [be] reconciled after the fact".
saltydog13
AG
Kampfers said:

saltydog13 said:

Quote:

Although cross-play is unavailable at launch, Respawn told Eurogamer it "plans to allow players to play with their friends on other platforms". Cross-progress and cross-purchases, however, will never be possible in Apex Legends, "due to the way systems were set up early on" which "can't [be] reconciled after the fact".

dcaggie04
AG
saltydog13
AG
Gotta download this after work today
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
There are 390k people watching Apex Legends streams on Twitch.
boy09
AG
I'll be downloading tonight. Blackout has gotten kind of stale. Also, I suck... So I figure I'll change the pace and suck at a different BR game.
saltydog13
AG
It's Been a consistent 300-400k since the morning. Curious to see how it hold up past the first couple months.
jr15aggie
AG
Will definitely give it a go. Big fan of PUBG, but it's still very rough around the edges. This game also has a great feature to quickly spot (tag) loot and enemies for your teammates.

Might try and play later tonight.

XBL: The Aggie
saltydog13
AG
25gb download so it'll have to wait a bit

Xbox: purplehaze0013
WES2006AG
AG
Why in the world would they make this only available or teams of 3?
AtlAg05
AG
I'm sure it was just to get it out there. I'm sure they will be adding more from the feedback.
jr15aggie
AG
Played 2 games last night and had no idea what I was doing. The training was only marginally helpful. Once the action started I was all thumbs (pun intended) trying to manage my inventory, swap stuff, etc. My first drop I was getting shot within 10 seconds and I had to punch a dude out... it was all happening way too fast for me to get a grasp on anything.

It already runs so much smoother than PUBG which is very nice. I think my only complaint overall is having different characters with varying abilities. One of the draws of PUBG (for me) is everybody is on a level playing field. This game will be more of a chess match.

Saw a few Ags playing last night before I had to take off... will need to party up and hopefully get some helpful hints.
Vade281
AG
Look me up! I'll be on again on Thursday streaming it.
www.twitch.tv/vade281_
jr15aggie
AG
There are some youtubers that had advance previews of the game and there are already tips, etc. videos out there. Very helpful info.
Lt. Joe Bookman
AG
jr15aggie said:

There are some youtubers that had advance previews of the game and there are already tips, etc. videos out there. Very helpful info.
Links to some of the best ones?
GoneForGood
saltydog13
AG
Lt. Joe Bookman said:

jr15aggie said:

Links to some of the best ones?
Typical Gamer, Nick Eh 30, Faze Avxry. If you have Twitch you can hop over there and just watch some live streams to see.
theterk
AG
I'm down. already downloaded and plan to play this coming Saturday at our LAN party
jr15aggie
AG
The marketing on this game (or lack thereof) is both ballsy and brilliant! Zero announcements, zero trailers... just BAM, here it is, free to play, enjoy!

If they had announced this back at E3 I most likely would have brushed it off with little interest in another free to play battle royale game. Instead, it caught me completely off guard and I wanted to be one of the first to try it out!

The key for a game like this is a large initial player base and streamers... with this marketing approach I think they achieved both. Well played Respawn!
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
jr15aggie said:

The marketing on this game (or lack thereof) is both ballsy and brilliant! Zero announcements, zero trailers... just BAM, here it is, free to play, enjoy!

If they had announced this back at E3 I most likely would have brushed it off with little interest in another free to play battle royale game. Instead, it caught me completely off guard and I wanted to be one of the first to try it out!

The key for a game like this is a large initial player base and streamers... with this marketing approach I think they achieved both. Well played Respawn!
This.

And I'll be patient for TF3 or whatever varient they're pushing this year even though they're not calling it TF3. I love Respawn and their quality of work.
saltydog13
AG
It helps when the biggest streamers on both YouTube and Twitch have been streaming right at launch. Hopefully it makes it because Black Ops 4 had a big initial wave and had pretty much died out in terms of streaming numbers.

Awesome to see another option and it'll prevent fortnite burnout for me at least

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.