Anyone have any photography or camera questions?

421,074 Views | 3566 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by Bregxit
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anyone on here running Adobe Lightroom 5 and having trouble with it crashing on a mac? I posted a thread here and the only response I got was to upgrade to Lightroom 6. I called Adobe support and they don't have phone support for Lightroom 5, they said I have to join their forum and post there.

https://texags.com/forums/30/topics/2955318/replies/52126948
BMo
Has anyone bought a refurb lens from Sigma before? TIA
dubi
AG
If it has a warranty, I'd buy it.

We are big buyers of refurb/open box items.
Guitarsoup
AG
I have the CC sub and the new LR crashes more often than before.
BMo
dubi said:

If it has a warranty, I'd buy it.

We are big buyers of refurb/open box items.
90 day is it. Almost $200 less than new though.
dubi
AG
Shoot lots of photos for 80 days and make a decision!

Those high end lenses are pretty darn tough.
bthotugigem05
AG
dubi said:

Shoot lots of photos for 80 days and make a decision!

Those high end lenses are pretty darn tough.
Not my stupid tilt shifts...
dubi
AG
Quote:

Not my stupid tilt shifts...
I don't own any.

I'll be sad for you!
reddog90
AG

I'm slightly aroused. Should be a good weekend in west TX.
Maximus_Meridius
AG
Nice! I just picked one of those up about 3 weeks ago. Is that a 750? You're gonna love that combo.
Guitarsoup
AG
dubi
AG
So a mini brag for today:

I have 34,000+ photo views on my SmugMug page this month. It makes me think one day I'll be good at this.... Not Guitarsoup good, but average person good.

If you are curious, it was Scuba photos from a Cozumel trip and "shooting photos" from a PRS (precision long range rifle match).

I love to take pictures and sometimes I get bummed at where I'm at in the learning process. It seems the more I shoot, the more I feel inadequate.

So I'm celebrating a milestone!

reddog90
AG
Maximus_Meridius said:

Nice! I just picked one of those up about 3 weeks ago. Is that a 750? You're gonna love that combo.

Sadly I just have this rented for a workshop. And sadly that's a 7000, not a 750.
reddog90
AG
You do mighty fine work in my book!
BMo
I have only sent one camera to a service center for repair so no experience in this area. I have sold most of my Canon stuff to switch to Sony but for now at least will keep the 7D. I'm thinking of sending my 7DmkII in for a good cleaning and going over. Anyone else do this and is it a fairly seamless process? FYI I'm at <45,000 clicks. Thanks
MBAR
AG
I clean my own sensors. I have a german gel stick that makes it easy as hell.
BMo
MBAR said:

I clean my own sensors. I have a german gel stick that makes it easy as hell.
Thanks, I'm talking a bit more that sensor cleaning since it's been in a bunch of different environments. A good check and clean is what I'm referring to.
reddog90
AG

I really liked that 200-500 I rented this weekend.
bthotugigem05
AG
If you're looking for a good deal on strobes, Amazon is selling Godox AD600s and AD200s for $395 and $260, respectively. Really good deal.
dubi
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

If you're looking for a good deal on strobes, Amazon is selling Godox AD600s and AD200s for $395 and $260, respectively. Really good deal.

We have some really nice strobes, but they are the underwater variety for Mr Dubi.

Amazon linky

AgBQ-00
AG

Just wanted to share a picture of my dog. Getting the hang of the camera. Ambushed Toby as he came out of the bedroom
Guitarsoup
AG
Nikon announced that they are going to announce a full-frame mirrorless camera with a new mount.

From the PR:
Quote:

Nikon Corporation (Nikon) is pleased to announce the development of a full-frame, Nikon FX-format, mirrorless camera and NIKKOR lenses featuring a new mount.

Quote:

Additionally, a new mount adapter is being developed for the new mirrorless camera. This will work with the NIKKOR F mount lenses that are part of the Nikon digital SLR system, adding to the variety of choices for photographers.
It is believed the new mount is significantly larger than the current mount, which would allow larger aperture lenses such as a f/0.95 lens.

Rumor is there will be a 25MP one for $2500 and a 48MP one for $4k, so similar to A73 and A7R3.
AgBQ-00
AG
I'm a bit nervous doing this because it is very new...But I am starting a project to get me going consistently in my hobbies/(hopefully future career) But anyway I have started a website and would love everyone's feedback

7/12 Project
AgBQ-00
AG
Rented the 200-500 f5.6 today for my alaska trip. really pumped about it
bthotugigem05
AG
Awesome! I finally picked up my a7III today.
notheranymore
Renting a Canon EF 24-70 f/2.8L USM II for my 6D. Headed to Glacier NP and there will be a new moon. Hoping I don't screw up my shot with this lens.
BMo
I have a new gimbal head coming and it's a side mount. I'm wanting to tether the camera to the head in some way as a precaution. Any suggestions?
Guitarsoup
AG
Any topics in the photography world you want written about in depth? I have a new outlet.
bthotugigem05
AG
Guitarsoup said:

Any topics in the photography world you want written about in depth? I have a new outlet.
The beauty and wonderment of Sony mirrorless cameras.
Guitarsoup
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Guitarsoup said:

The beauty and wonderment of Sony mirrorless cameras.
Don't own one. Won't do gear reviews for a while.
hatchback
AG
Rented a Sony A7iii for my honeymoon to the Olympic National Park earlier this summer. Here's a photo from the Quinault Rainforest that I'm particularly proud of. I would have preferred to have the background a bit more blurred, but the textures and the light in this shot are just incredible.

First time posting from Flickr, so hopefully this works out alright.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/MS9P9S][/url]mossy tree; quinault rain forest by Nick Thorn, on Flickr
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
Quote:

My big question at this point is do I have the right tools for the job right now to start learning, or should I find a better set-up to support me?

I shot photos for 10 years with an original Canon Rebel.

IMO, you need to practice with that you have before you spend lots of money. Good photographers can shoot fantastic photos with modest equipment. It also gives you time to figure out what you might like in a lens. I now rent everything I'd like to buy just to make sure it meets my expectations.
Post removed:
by user
dubi
AG
EFS 10-22 is the wide angle I own.

Zoom will likely get you into $$$$ good glass. Guitarsoup loaned me a Canon 70-200 F2.8 and it was the beginning my lens acquisition journey. Plus he sold me my first really nice lens in 24-105 F4. So I blame him!
First Page Last Page
Page 48 of 102

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.