Adobe Lightroom Crashing

1,132 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by labmansid
reddog90
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
macOS High Sierra Version 10.13.4 running Lightroom Version 5.7.1. I've checked for updates on my macbook pro and within lightroom, and there are non available right now.

I open lightroom, it automatically opens in the library module. I have an SD card inserted in the macbook. I click Import to start selecting files on the SD card to import, and lightroom crashes. This doesn't happen 100% of the time, but when it does start to happen, it crashes consistently dozens of times in a row. Then magically it won't crash and I can import and edit photos as normal. I have tried holding command shift when I open lightroom, selecting Get Info, adding any available profiles under Sharing & Permissions for Lightroom and setting them all to Read & Write. Last time I made that change, the program quit crashing. Now it is crashing again. This is extremely frustrating. Any idea what is going on?
95_Aggie
AG
https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2422731
reddog90
AG
Is buying the new version of lightroom really the only way to fix this??
95_Aggie
AG
Adobe is really only interested in your money, so I am pretty sure they are only fixing the CC version going forward.
reddog90
AG
So if I want support in the future, I should get Classic CC instead of 6? I really don't want a subscription version. I would prefer to pay once and have the program. But it looks like Adobe will have limited support for 6 regarding future OS updates.
Jethro95
AG
Pretty much yes. You do also get Photoshop when you subscribe to their photographer package.

They'll give you a free month to try it out too.
reddog90
AG
I signed up for the Photography Package yesterday with a monthly subscription. I installed Lightroom Classic CC. Now when I open LRC, it's saying my trial is up in 5 days. I open the creative cloud app and Lightroom Classic CC will say up to date for a minute, then it switches to buy now. It's like the Creative Cloud app is not linking up that I purchased a plan yesterday. But I know I am signed up, payment is up to date, card was charged etc. WTF? Been on hold waiting for someone at Adobe to answer for half an hour now...
TravelAg2004
AG
Don't use lightroom to import the photos from your SD card. It's too slow.

Insert SD card, copy photos directly to computer, then import them into lightroom catalog. I use the "add" instead of copy.

Much faster.
labmansid
TravelAg2004 said:

Don't use lightroom to import the photos from your SD card. It's too slow.

Insert SD card, copy photos directly to computer, then import them into lightroom catalog. I use the "add" instead of copy.

Much faster.
I do this as well. I make a new folder for the new photos and copy them over from my card. I then import into LR from the new folder on my laptop. Generally much quicker.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.