***** OFICIAL DENSITY YEAR TRES XB-1 THREAD *****

12,929 Views | 191 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BreNayPop
dcaggie04
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Make sure you go back to Efrideet and turn in the quest line when you get to IB rank 3, you do get awards (IB rank, XP, legendary item)
Bryan98
AG
dcaggie04 said:

Make sure you go back to Efrideet and turn in the quest line when you get to IB rank 3, you do get awards (IB rank, XP, legendary item)
Yep. I got the IB helm from the rank 3 quest.

The IB loot seems much more generous than usual this time around. Maybe since they made it such a pain for normal folks and non-Omnigul-farmers to hit the right Light level for the raid.

Or knowing Bungie, it's more generous than they meant for it to be, and a hotfix is coming later today to nerf drop rates.
crowman2010
AG
howdydamnit04 said:

Didn't know you were from Texags. The entirety of your message was just "inv".
My bad...lol I figured you'd have seen my gamertag on here...up for helping me finish off the last part of the raid later this evening?
howdydamnit04
AG
Possibility. I'm can't really plan out my gaming time anymore. But if I'm on, I can probably help.
dcaggie04
AG
Heroic mode WoTM drops 10/18.
BreNayPop
AG
dcaggie04 said:

On my bday.
howdydamnit04
AG
dcaggie04 said:

Currently have 56 exotic engrams sitting in my vault/postmaster. Probably will edge my factions a little before then too just to make it as quick of a trip to 400 as possible.

Doing the math for my own amusement.

Primary - 9
Secondary - 6
Heavy - 9
Helm - 9
Gloves - 10
Chest - 6
Boots - 7

Ghosts and artifacts are going to be the sticking point.
LPHA
AG
Holy crap. That was intense. Anyone want to banana?
LPHA
AG
After last night and today I'm 200 xp from rank 5. I have 5 medallions, and in the last match my team was up 40 and miraculously overcame the lead to snatch defeat
slickag2007
AG
Big thanks to the guys for shepherding me through WotM this evening. I'll definitely be working on my light level so I can be a bigger help next time. I'm at 365, so that means that only exotics will go higher light than that, correct?
dcaggie04
AG
Exotic engrams, crucible drops, iron banner drops, iron banner bounties, raid drops, chest at end of strikes (opened by skeleton keys, archon's forge, faction packages (FWC, DO, NM), vanguard packages, crucible packages, shaxx weekly bounty, trials, crotas bane packages (eris morn), house of judgement packages ( variks), and queens wrath packages (petra) all will give items above 365 based upon your level at the time.
slickag2007
AG
Interesting. So i guess running Heroic Strikes, Nightfalls, and more Raiding will be the most helpful. Since leveling up factions takes a little while.
slickag2007
AG
Who all was on the raid with me the other night? It was awesome. I've now completed every raid except King's Fall.
howdydamnit04
AG
Fyi according to the patch notes faction packages are only dropping to 390 so get those before cashing in exotic engrams.
howdydamnit04
AG
But nothing drops over 385 till 4pm Texas time.
slickag2007
AG
Almost at 370 finally. The new light level drops have made it a lot easier. So next time I jump on a normal mode raid, I should be more help. I've started to really really hate the Shield Brothers strike. I almost hate to attempt it.
herb96
AG
https://m.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/587hyz/a_chart_to_help_you_reach_400_light/
Bryan98
AG
Gonna hit Hard Mode tonight for the first time. Woo.
slickag2007
AG
I did a bit of Archon's Forge last night with some people from here. Slowly but surely going up in light level. I need to transfer a bunch of stuff to my alts to create some space. My vault is running out.
LPHA
AG
Anyone feel like running around doing random **** or helping me get my alts caught up?
slickag2007
AG
I just now got into the DIM tool. Really, really well done. My alt Hunter is at 361 now without even having played much of Rise of Iron. Much easier to move things around using DIM than using the actual vaults. Does anyone else use this?
dcaggie04
AG
There are quite a few programs/apps that do this which is nice. I use Ishtar Commander on my android phone.
Bryan98
AG
dcaggie04 said:

There are quite a few programs/apps that do this which is nice. I use Ishtar Commander on my android phone.
I use Ishtar Commander as well. I know that DIM offers more, but I can't seem to get the iPad version of it to work, and I'm not walking over to my PC when I'm on the couch playing.
slickag2007
AG
Yeah. I don't really use my laptop for much, so it's easy for me to just keep it plugged in near me when I'm playing. I hated having to fly to the tower and mess with all that over and over again. What is everyone's light level now? I got up to 385 yesterday, and am hoping to be able to tackle the hard mode raid sometime soon.
Bryan98
AG
slickag2007 said:

Yeah. I don't really use my laptop for much, so it's easy for me to just keep it plugged in near me when I'm playing. I hated having to fly to the tower and mess with all that over and over again. What is everyone's light level now? I got up to 385 yesterday, and am hoping to be able to tackle the hard mode raid sometime soon.
I use Ishtar Commander on my phone to avoid having to go to the Tower very often. It just doesn't do quite as much as DIM.

I hit 396 yesterday. I've only run the Hard Mode Raid 1.66 times.
Agmaniacmike12
I'd like to knock out some hard mode runs this weekend. Hopefully we can get a group together. It has been tough getting 6 guardians together for a run since last week.
Bryan98
AG
Agmaniacmike12 said:

I'd like to knock out some hard mode runs this weekend. Hopefully we can get a group together. It has been tough getting 6 guardians together for a run since last week.
I'd be up for one or two, although I have actual, meatspace plans tonight.

Also still need to finish Shaxx's weekly. Supremacy, YUCK!
Arkyd
AG
What's the recommended level for hard mode? 380 or so? I'm up to 379, and I actually haven't run the raid yet, but if you need one more and are willing to teach someone the ropes, I'll be on tonight and happy to join...
howdydamnit04
AG
Arkyd said:

What's the recommended level for hard mode? 380 or so? I'm up to 379, and I actually haven't run the raid yet, but if you need one more and are willing to teach someone the ropes, I'll be on tonight and happy to join...

I don't think I'd want to try it before 385.
Arkyd
AG
Well managed to get to Aksis phase 2 with a pug group floating a 360, but then we stalled out. At least I'm up to 384...
Agmaniacmike12
That should be good enough. With our game being at 6:30, tomorrow afternoon between the Texans and Cowboys games seems like the best option.
A is A
AG
good morning. sorry for the long post

Long story: my work group ran the raid last night just to get the chests before the reset. when working on the Server Farm 4th monitor and Chest we were unable to complete the puzzle due to the lack of a 6th. has anyone seen a 5-man team open the center siva for the 4th monitor?

we had one man at the two monitors back at the entrance that would activate and then call out the left (column) monitor and run over to the right (row) monitor. our team would then one by one jump on the corresponding cylinders. however, we had no luck getting them to light up.

I went back to help our monitor man. when we would do a count down, activate then read them simultaneous and have the team in the farm jump within 10 seconds, they cylinders would light up. we got three monitors. when it was time for the fourth i called out the binary and sprinted back to my cylinder but was unable to get it to light and heard a loud sound...a reset or failure sound.

I just don't see how it is possible to do this with 5 members. ive searched the youtubes and cant find them. maybe i suck at searching videos/guides?

tl;dr : possible 5 man 4th monitor/ raid chest?
A is A
AG
nyc_aggie said:

good morning. sorry for the long post

Long story: my work group ran the raid last night just to get the chests before the reset. when working on the Server Farm 4th monitor and Chest we were unable to complete the puzzle due to the lack of a 6th. has anyone seen a 5-man team open the center siva for the 4th monitor?

we had one man at the two monitors back at the entrance that would activate and then call out the left (column) monitor and run over to the right (row) monitor. our team would then one by one jump on the corresponding cylinders. however, we had no luck getting them to light up.

I went back to help our monitor man. when we would do a count down, activate then read them simultaneous and have the team in the farm jump within 10 seconds, they cylinders would light up. we got three monitors. when it was time for the fourth i called out the binary and sprinted back to my cylinder but was unable to get it to light and heard a loud sound...a reset or failure sound.

I just don't see how it is possible to do this with 5 members. ive searched the youtubes and cant find them. maybe i suck at searching videos/guides?

tl;dr : possible 5 man 4th monitor/ raid chest?
still interested if there is a way. in the meantime we are just going to add my second account in as the six on the second screen to call out numbers.
Arkyd
AG
So it looks like we were only part right about the challenge mode requirements last night. It does involve destroying the clean room panels with a SIVA charge, but you have to hit all 4 rooms, doing them two at a time. So we would need to split up with 3 in each room, a charge to destroy the door, and then repeat for the next clean room round. Of course, it means you have to take down Vosik with only 2 clean room runs, but I think we did that anyway...
Bryan98
AG
Arkyd said:

So it looks like we were only part right about the challenge mode requirements last night. It does involve destroying the clean room panels with a SIVA charge, but you have to hit all 4 rooms, doing them two at a time. So we would need to split up with 3 in each room, a charge to destroy the door, and then repeat for the next clean room round. Of course, it means you have to take down Vosik with only 2 clean room runs, but I think we did that anyway...
This version is what we discussed prior to TheWalt assuring us you didn't have to use all the clean rooms, but DT and I didn't care about Challenge Mode so we didn't put up a fight.

In his defense, the sticky thread on Reddit didn't have the "use all rooms" part in the OP until this morning. It was wrong when he read it, and still wrong when I went to bed last night.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.