***2026 Rate My Draft and General Fantasy Discussion Thread***

5,582 Views | 119 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by EliteZags
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silvertaps said:

so you're looking at a QB in the 8th?

Maybe, depends on what your quality of qb you are looking for and how aggressive your league is at drafting a backup qb.

Goff, Mayfield and Nix should be quality options in the 10th-12th round. Ideally youd want 2 of the 3. If not maybe look to get shough, willis or love in round 13.

Baker, Goff and Nix have finished
'25: 12th, 9th, 7th
'24: 4th, 6th and 7th
'23: 9th and 7th (nix was in college).
Baker has ran for over 300 yards 2 seasons in a row.
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
These guys are pretty manic in regards to panic runs, especially with TE's and QBs. I already figured to pick up a TE first 4 rounds...QB is always a buyers remorse for me as it seems I could have picked my choice up in later rounds, I just panic. ha!

So 8 and 9 just best available RB or WR, then 10th look for Goff/Nix/Mayfield...
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silvertaps said:

These guys are pretty manic in regards to panic runs, especially with TE's and QBs. I already figured to pick up a TE first 4 rounds...QB is always a buyers remorse for me as it seems I could have picked my choice up in later rounds, I just panic. ha!

So 8 and 9 just best available RB or WR, then 10th look for Goff/Nix/Mayfield...


I get it. I think you should ask yourself am I going to potentially be starting this guy as my flex or does he have huge upside (like a Lloyd). If yes take those guys in 8 and 9. But if the answer is no, get a qb. It will calm down your draft and you can focus. Ideally youd wait till 10 but you dont need to. Plan on your 13th or 14th round pick being Ferguson as your backup te.
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Live look in...

RB: Achane, Irving, Warren
WR: JJ, Odunze, Evans
TE: Bowers

Wild draft so far
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silvertaps said:

Live look in...

RB: Achane, Irving, Warren
WR: JJ, Odunze, Evans
TE: Bowers

Wild draft so far

You are doing great! Maybe see if you can get mason, Jcm or Lloyd? If not that is okay. Your roster will be strong
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Live look in...

QB: Caleb Williams
RB: Achane, Irving, Warren, Dobbins
WR: JJ, Odunze, Evans
TE: Bowers

10th year with these guys and some one picked up a def and kicker before 8th. Gotta be drunk.
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol.

You may need to go heavy wr. Odunze didnt practice today. Evans is an injury risk.
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texagbeliever said:

Lol.

You may need to go heavy wr. Odunze didnt practice today. Evans is an injury risk.


Stribling…
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
picked up Wan'Dale Robinson and Stribling...so 2 SF Receivers with Evans. Suppose is evans is hurt then i'm good.
thegoodolag15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'd be willing to take a late flyer on Caleb Douglas or Bell with the Dolphins
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Final Roster 12 Team, .5 PPR, 8th Pick:

QB: C. Williams / Shough
RB: Achane, Irving, Warren, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Odunze, Evans, Wan'Dale Robinson, Stribling
TE: Bowers / Hunter Henry
DEF: Patriots


Waited till the 9th round to get a QB, had to settle on Caleb. Hope he lives up to the hype.
superaggie73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silvertaps said:

Final Roster 12 Team, .5 PPR, 8th Pick:

QB: C. Williams / Shough
RB: Achane, Irving, Warren, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Odunze, Evans, Wan'Dale Robinson, Stribling
TE: Bowers / Hunter Henry
DEF: Patriots


Waited till the 9th round to get a QB, had to settle on Caleb. Hope he lives up to the hype.


That's a pretty good roster in a 12 team league. As long as you are healthy, that's a contending team IMO. I'm very pro Caleb Williams. 2nd year in a Ben Johnson offense should be huge…unfortunately I wasn't able to get him in my 2 drafts.
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
9th round "settle" for Caleb is a steal. I bet he will finish ahead of Jayden Daniels.

With what looks like a short roster, maybe dont roster a 2nd te?
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Also picked up Ravens kicker.
The 2nd TE is just for Bowers bye week. A 13th pick when there wasn't much left. I just don't know on Williams, maybe a good pick…maybe last year was lightning in a bottle. Worth the shot I suppose.
W
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
a lot of folks are counting on the Bears offense

5 players going in the top 8 rounds usually

Loveland, Swift, Burden, Odunze, and Caleb

in Ben Johnson we trust
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ok. I'm gonna start with the bad. My longtime 12 team, one keeper league where I absolutely embarrassed myself. I won't go into details but I have a question regarding this one. I have Jonathan Taylor and Montgomery at RB but am woefully thin behind those two. Took Tyler Warren as my TE and later drafted Juwan Johnson bc wasn't 100% sure Warren was gonna be a go week 1 but sounds like he's good to go

The owners of Derrick Henry, Chase Brown, Javonte Williams, Skattebo, Hampton, Bijan and Gibbs…….none of them bothered to handcuff. Not one. Should I dump Juwan Johnson and take a chance on one of these backups just in case of an injury to shore up my RB depth?

Only thing about taking Bijan's backup, damn that sip…….but dude is made of rubber. He seemingly never gets hurt. So might render Brian Robinson worthless even though he's a premier handcuff
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Now for the good. 10 team redraft league. Compared to my 12 team keeper league this was like shooting fish in a barrel

QB - Lamar Jackson and Goff

RB- K Walker, J Williams, Montgomery, Dobbins and took M Davis and Emmett Johnson to cuff

WR - J Chase, Garrett Wilson, Michael Wilson, Stribling and Doubs

TE - Laporta and Kraft

Kicker is Aubrey and Seahawks def
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silvertaps said:

Final Roster 12 Team, .5 PPR, 8th Pick:

QB: C. Williams / Shough
RB: Achane, Irving, Warren, Dobbins
WR: Jefferson, Odunze, Evans, Wan'Dale Robinson, Stribling
TE: Bowers / Hunter Henry
DEF: Patriots


Waited till the 9th round to get a QB, had to settle on Caleb. Hope he lives up to the hype.

I like it. Just a hair thin at depth in WR but in a 12 team something's gotta give. The price you paid for taking Bowers. I think I could live with it lol
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Of those RBs I think Brian Robinson and Malik Davis are the only real RB2s. Meaning those guys will for sure start if the main guy goes down. Id lean Malik Davis because Javonntae is older and his pathway to success would be way easier on a much better offense.
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So drafted at #2 for my first ever 8 team league. Pretty wild having so few teams. Kinda thought it was too easy.

Should be interesting though

QB - Burrow
RB - Bijan
RB - Chase brown
WR - Devonta Smith
WR - Malik Nabers
TE - Bowers
FLEX - Higgins
K - Little
DEF - MIN
Bench - Tuten, Jameson Williams, Pollard, Corum, Godwin, Stribling
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Are the projected points over 200 for every team?
Can't imagine the amount of quality players left undrafted.
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Ag_07 said:

So drafted at #2 for my first ever 8 team league. Pretty wild having so few teams. Kinda thought it was too easy.

Should be interesting though

QB - Burrow
RB - Bijan
RB - Chase brown
WR - Devonta Smith
WR - Malik Nabers
TE - Bowers
FLEX - Higgins
K - Little
DEF - MIN
Bench - Tuten, Jameson Williams, Pollard, Corum, Godwin, Stribling

Playing 8 team with 15 man rosters is kind of silly to me. I think 20 man roster, superflex and 3 WR double flex is needed. Make people actually have some skill! Just my take.
Aggie1205
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For keepers, pick two of these 4 potentials: Chase Brown with a 4th round pick, Ettienne Jr with an 8th round pick, Javonte Williams with a 10th round pick, or Judkins for a 15th round pick? No PPR.
Langley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Personally I'd keep brown and Javonte
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Langley said:

Personally I'd keep brown and Javonte

This.
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Agreed
Ag_07
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Silvertaps said:

Can't imagine the amount of quality players left undrafted.


I put in a waiver claim this morning for Jordan Tyson to take up one of my IR spots.
Jason Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Emmet Johnson available? In one league I only have 4 bench spots, so not really any stash space. Not available in my other league. I'd grab him if available.

Edit: I see in your next post you drafted him on your other team, so probably not an option.
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Jason Ag said:

Emmet Johnson available? In one league I only have 4 bench spots, so not really any stash space. Not available in my other league. I'd grab him if available.

Edit: I see in your next post you drafted him on your other team, so probably not an option.

Actually I drafted him in this league too. Just in case. But I'd still like another option

yes my RB situation is THAT bad
Jason Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Feel free to post list of RBs out there. Going deep, I think Najee Harris is a decent flyer. Seems like Harbaugh trusts him, he could be more than a handcuff.
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Silvertaps said:

Also picked up Ravens kicker.
The 2nd TE is just for Bowers bye week. A 13th pick when there wasn't much left. I just don't know on Williams, maybe a good pick…maybe last year was lightning in a bottle. Worth the shot I suppose.

Bowers bye is week 13. You will be looking to drop Henry for a hot wavier wire add in weeks 1-4. That is more my point. He is probably your first drop guy who has little upside. So why not get someone that could be more upside.
Silvertaps
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
texagbeliever said:

Silvertaps said:

Also picked up Ravens kicker.
The 2nd TE is just for Bowers bye week. A 13th pick when there wasn't much left. I just don't know on Williams, maybe a good pick…maybe last year was lightning in a bottle. Worth the shot I suppose.

Bowers bye is week 13. You will be looking to drop Henry for a hot wavier wire add in weeks 1-4. That is more my point. He is probably your first drop guy who has little upside. So why not get someone that could be more upside.

Bowers out 1-2 weeks....good grief. Guess I'll fire up Henry for tonight.
I hate fantasy football
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Id almost be tempted to play Mayer over Henry. Vegas has to have their offensive gameplan to be to target their TE. Last year Mayer did a good job in that primary TE roll. Who else is Kirk cousins going to pass to?

He got 7, 7, 2 and 10 targets in games that Bowers missed. That is pretty good.
dixichkn
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Oh man. Many.

Malik Davis
Najee
Kimani Vidal
Perine
Brian Robinson
Kaytron Allen
Nick Singleton

Actually the last two kinda intrigue me because this is a keeper league and if those two rookies turn into contributors this year they may make for some fine keepers next year. Particularly Singleton as both Pollard and Tyjae Spears are free agents at the end of this season
texagbeliever
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How are the managers with Price feeling? Encouraged from ypc? Discouraged from the limited opportunities?
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.