*****The Official Houston Texans 2024: Slowik strikes back****

108,250 Views | 1719 Replies | Last: 16 hrs ago by RVAg02
WES2006AG
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Ags #1 said:

Question on tickets. Have been in a few years and was gifted a few tickets. When I go to the Texans app I see my tickets but don't see a bar code. Is that normal? Does the bar code get generated closer to the game?
It is likely the type of ticket where you hold your phone up to the reader and use the NFC chip instead of a barcode.
Ags #1
AG
Ahhhhh, ok never heard of that before: thanks!
WES2006AG
AG

Should have an image that looks something like the bottom ingage here.
Ags #1
AG
For some reason I can't get image to load from mobile
WES2006AG
AG
Yea, I think I screwed that up. Here is the link, it is about halfway down the page under "In App Tag Reading"

https://www.minitool.com/news/nfc-tag-reader-iphone.html
k20dub
AG
Prediction for Texans: 11-6

At Colts- W
Bears- W
At Vikings- W
Jags- L
Bills- L
At Pats- W
At Packers- W
Colts- W
At Jets- L
Lions- L
At Cowgirls- L
Titans- W
At Jags- W
Dolphins- W
At Chiefs- L
Ravens- W
At Titans- W
Ag_07
AG
11-6 as well

@ Colts- W
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- L
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets- L
Lions- L
@ Cowgirls- L
Titans- W
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- W
@ Chiefs- L
Ravens- W
@ Titans- W
canadiaggie
AG
Ag_07 said:

11-6 as well

@ Colts- W
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- L
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets- L
Lions- L
@ Cowgirls- L
Titans- W
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- W
@ Chiefs- L
Ravens- W
@ Titans- W

@ Colts- L
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- W
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets-L
Lions- W
@ Cowgirls- W
Titans- W
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- W
@ Chiefs- L
Ravens- L
@ Titans- W

12-5
MelvinUdall
I agree with your overall record, and I fully agree with the L against the Colts in week 1, that game has trouble all over it with the unpredictability of Richardson.
BayAg_14
The Colts haven't won an opening day game in 10 years. Texans aren't about to let that streak end with them.
k20dub
AG
Sucks we get them Week 1. If we played them in a month, solid chance we wouldn't be facing Richardson.
JCA1
AG
I guess I'm in the minority but like getting Richardson in week 1. Dude has only played 4 games in the NFL.
BayAg_14
Even crazier stat.

IrishAg
BayAg_14 said:

Even crazier stat.

It is crazy, and when you look at it, if you don't count the bowl game, 2022 is the only time he started every game in a season since high school
The Porkchop Express
AG
I hate to start counting losses, but since KC is a mortal lock to win the always awful AFC West, it was nice seeing Baltimore take an early loss last night.
The Porkchop Express
AG
Predictions: 12-5

@ Colts- L
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- W
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets- L
Lions- W
@ Cowgirls- W
Titans- W
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- L
@ Chiefs- W
Ravens- L
@ Titans- W
gougler08
AG
The Porkchop Express said:

I hate to start counting losses, but since KC is a mortal lock to win the always awful AFC West, it was nice seeing Baltimore take an early loss last night.

That was a fun game to watch though, but man the Chiefs always get the breaks
The Porkchop Express
AG
gougler08 said:

I've seen other people say that, but it sort of feels like saying "Tiger Woods gets all the lucky bounces". You don't win 3 Super Bowls in 6 years on luck. Baltimore was lucky to even be in that game. Why can't they ever run the ball 60 times on the Chiefs and keep Mahomes off the field? Their play calling baffles me.
gougler08
AG

gougler08 said:

I've seen other people say that, but it sort of feels like saying "Tiger Woods gets all the lucky bounces". You don't win 3 Super Bowls in 6 years on luck. Baltimore was lucky to even be in that game. Why can't they ever run the ball 60 times on the Chiefs and keep Mahomes off the field? Their play calling baffles me.
It was odd to see them feed Henry the first drive and then basically stop...but I don't know that they were lucky to be in that, I thought they played well.

The "breaks" comment is that it seems the 50/50 things bounce the Chiefs way more (Illegal formations all of a sudden being a big deal for Baltimore, but the false starting RT for the Chiefs wasn't) but when you're that good I'm sure it always looks that way to a non-fan
nickstro66
AG
@ Colts- L
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- W
Bills- W
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets-W
Lions- L
@ Cowgirls- W
Titans- L
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- L
@ Chiefs- L
Ravens- L
@ Titans- W

10-7 but still division champs. I'm still jaded because at the end of the day, it's Texans football and they have a history of breaking my heart.
boy09
AG
God, i hope they don't lose to the Titans at home...
The Porkchop Express
AG
gougler08 said:

gougler08 said:

It was odd to see them feed Henry the first drive and then basically stop...but I don't know that they were lucky to be in that, I thought they played well.

The "breaks" comment is that it seems the 50/50 things bounce the Chiefs way more (Illegal formations all of a sudden being a big deal for Baltimore, but the false starting RT for the Chiefs wasn't) but when you're that good I'm sure it always looks that way to a non-fan
I really don't understand why teams abandon the run, especially against such a lethal offense. I looked up stats, they averaged 5.8 yards per carry, which I realize is a lot of Lamar, but still, there is nothing more satisfying for me in football than to watch a team keep getting 4-5 yards on the ground and keep the other team's defense out there, even if you don't score, the clock is constantly running.

When you limit the other team's possessions, it's just logic that they are going to press more on offense and the likelihood of a miscue increases.
Ag_07
AG
Yeah that first drive for BAL looked as close to unstoppable as anything.

Collingsworth even made it a point to talk about how hard it was to defend Henry and Lamar coming out of the backfield and the defense having to choose one.

I don't think we saw it again after that first drive.

I assume it was a case where the first 15 plays are scripted but once that runs out it's just whatever. Which is exactly what happened.
IrishAg
12-5

@ Colts- W
Bears- W
@ Vikings- W
Jags- L
Bills- W
@ Pats- W
@ Packers- L
Colts- W
@ Jets-W (why are we playing at that damn stadium two years in a row?)
Lions- L
@ Cowgirls- W
Titans- W
@ Jags- W
Dolphins- W
@ Chiefs- L
Ravens- L
@ Titans- W
Max Power
AG
KCup17
AG
Richardson will probably throw for 150 run for 100 then get hurt and be out until week 7 all before the 4th quarter
Ags #1
AG
Wow! Cj will Command 70 a year if this keeps up

A deadline deal: Hours before Dallas kicked off its season, it reached agreement with QB Dak Prescott on a four-year contract, $240 million extension that will make him the highest-paid player in NFL history and keep him in a Cowboys uniform for seasons to come, per sources.
Johnsy3
AG

No Akers or Metchie today
The Porkchop Express
AG
Ags #1 said:

A deadline deal: Hours before Dallas kicked off its season, it reached agreement with QB Dak Prescott on a four-year contract, $240 million extension that will make him the highest-paid player in NFL history and keep him in a Cowboys uniform for seasons to come, per sources.
Pretty exciting knowing the Cowboys will fail to make the Super Bowl for another 4 years at least.
IrishAg
Ags #1 said:

Hopefully CJ will take the Mahomes track of signing for a lot of money but doesn't max everything out and still gives his team some room to sign other critical players. Prescott and Lamb combining to take up almost 95 million on the salary cap is crazy, and will pretty much doom the cowboys back down to fighting for a playoff spot.
MelvinUdall
I just don't understand the fascination of Pierce with Demeco and Nick…he was awful in preseason and awful last year.
G.I.Bro
I predict the cowboys just paid 120 mil/playoff win
Tx_Aggie15
AG
Alright boys, let's have a fun season! Super Bowl in the crosshairs!
BayAg_14
Thank you for the field position Colts.
suburban cowboy
AG
Little horsies don't convert on 4th

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.