*** Cowboys - Rams ***

19,690 Views | 572 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Macarthur
jr15aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If I can calm down... which is tough cause I'm pissed.

We have 2 issues that haven't gone away...

1. Our D continues to let the most average running backs fall forward for 3-4 yards on almost every play. No skill required, just run forward and you'll get yards 9 out of 10 times.

2. Our offense fails to be big when we have to have them. Only getting 3 after the pick... failing to convert 4th down... and crapping the bed with the game on the line (albeit with a terrible PI call).
Macarthur
I tell ya...Gallup is this teams best WR.

Dak was 14 for 16 on first down. We run way too much on first down.
PatAg
AG
Our 3rd down plays were just atrocious all game.
Danny Vermin
in all fairness the Rams have been game planning for this game for 8 months. I think we adjusted pretty well to keep them at 20 points. We will be fine and win the division for sure.
mncag
Danny Vermin said:

in all fairness the Rams have been game planning for this game for 8 months. I think we adjusted pretty well to keep them at 20 points. We will be fine and win the division for sure.

I won't give these losers a pass, 17 points is atrocious, 9 wins probably wins a crappy nfc east
Macarthur
mncag said:

Danny Vermin said:

I won't give these losers a pass, 17 points is atrocious, 9 wins probably wins a crappy nfc east
LA is a good football team. Anyone that thought this was an easy win doesn't have a clue
Macarthur
PatAg said:

Running on first down and setting up 3rd and long wil, do that.
TriAg2010
AG
PatAg said:

2019: Why don't we go for it on 4th, we'll never win a super bowl being conservative

Same people in 2020: You can't go for it on 4th, we'll never win a super bowl doing that

I'm ambivalent on this call and I don't think it cost the game, but here's why this sentiment bothers me:

If didn't like Coach A not going for it when the reward exceeded the risk, then I should be OK with Coach B going for it when the risk exceeds the reward?

That doesn't follow.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
PatAg said:

Southlake said:

Can't believe we didn't kick the FG. Rams missed a chip shot FG to keep us close.

Dak just seemed a bit off.

I thought Zeke would have been way over 100 against the Rams, but nice job, especially late.

I was also sure we'd score 30.

Kinda turned into a dink and dunk game until late.

I did think the Cowboys would be better.

Not impressed by MaCarthey so far.

Great game. Prayers for LVE.

"If any Cowboys take a knee in front of my Flag, I'll read about it in the paper."

Guess you changed your mind?

Lol
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Sucks they lost especially since it was more than winnable but LA is a good team too
jr15aggie
AG
Macarthur said:

mncag said:

Danny Vermin said:

LA is a good football team. Anyone that thought this was an easy win doesn't have a clue

I'll say their D outside of the D line and Ramsey are no names.

We got out coached and outplayed.

I'm not giving up, but I'm very frustrated cause it's the same crap we've seen for years.

It can change, but not a good look for game 1.
Old Tom Morris
TriAg2010 said:

PatAg said:

2019: Why don't we go for it on 4th, we'll never win a super bowl being conservative

Same people in 2020: You can't go for it on 4th, we'll never win a super bowl doing that

I'm ambivalent on this call and I don't think it cost the game, but here's why this sentiment bothers me:

If didn't like Coach A not going for it when the reward exceeded the risk, then I should be OK with Coach B going for it when the risk exceeds the reward?

That doesn't follow.

There's a time for it. JG spent most of his career never aggressive at all. Then as he saw his job slipping away and criticism snowballing, he'd pick some of the most dumbass times and ways to finally be aggressive. Any idiot can be conservative all the time. Any idiot can be aggressive all the time. The skill comes in knowing when to do what, which really shouldn't be that hard.
Macarthur
jr15aggie said:

Macarthur said:

mncag said:

Danny Vermin said:

I'll say their D outside of the D line and Ramsey are no names.

We got out coached and outplayed.

I'm not giving up, but I'm very frustrated cause it's the same crap we've seen for years.

It can change, but not a good look for game 1.
I think if you look at their roster, you will see that is not entirely true. And as for Ramsey and Donald, they both may be top 7 or 8 defensive players in the whole league. That's not nothing.

I agree kellen Moore had a bad night. I think the D played a heck of a second half. Does that mean our D coaches got out coached?

I think this game is squarely on Moore and his too run heavy play calling.
mncag
Bottom line is 17 points against avg defense, Mike and dak had better get on the same page or 8 and 8 is the ceiling
Macarthur
JRB78
AG
An unimpressive effort, but I still feel they will be the best team in the division.
PatAg
AG
Macarthur said:

PatAg said:

Old Tom Morris
1 for 7 for 11 yards on 3rd down. ****ing yikes
Macarthur
PatAg said:

Macarthur said:

PatAg said:

I'm a Zeke fan but this has to be a a pass first offense. Period.
Old Tom Morris
I think that tendency is Moore-Garrett Checkdown Charlie stuff. Defenses are showing looks to predictably goad them into 1st runs that they are ready to collapse on
birdman
Run Zeke more and you aren't facing 3rd and 10 all day.
Ag12thman
AG
Lot of concerning things tonight, but I think the team will be fine in the long-run. This will be a weak division yet again, IMO.
Macarthur
birdman said:

But that's not what the numbers tell you.
Macarthur

Amazing!
Macarthur
birdman said:

Macarthur
McCarthy says that he ascribes to analytics. If true, he's got to flip this running on first down crap. It's a cardinal rule of offensive analytics.

And he didn't run much on first down in GB. Frustrating
jr15aggie
AG
Might as well drop another truth bomb.

D-Law barely showed up on the stat sheet tonight. 1 tackle.

I'm sorry bro, but your contact doesn't allow that to ever be ok. No excuses, where the hell were you all night buddy?!?
Southlake
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

PatAg said:

Southlake said:

Can't believe we didn't kick the FG. Rams missed a chip shot FG to keep us close.

I thought Zeke would have been way over 100 against the Rams, but nice job, especially late.

"If any Cowboys take a knee in front of my Flag, I'll read about it in the paper."

I'm at a party, no choice. But thanks for remembering.
Southlake
Danny Vermin said:

why are you quoting this clown? He nothing but negative about damn near everything in life and has been for years especially when talking about the Cowboys.
Aw, someone's feelings are hurt because the Cowboys lost...
C@LAg
Sine poena nulla lex.
Panama Red
AG
Southlake said:

Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

PatAg said:

Southlake said:

I'm at a party, no choice. But thanks for remembering.

When you read the morning paper, check the classifieds for a set of testicles.
BMX Bandit
First game under a new coach with no preseason games, hard to try to extrapolate anything about McCarthy.

The offense is fine, just has some hiccups they can fix. If the Cowboys can average 4.8 yards on first down rushing pleys , I'll take that.

The defense seems to have major issues, but as above who knows
ChoppinDs40
AG
Too many holes in this team to start the game and especially after tonight.

UDFA starting at right tackle? Good luck with that. Also, Connor Williams SUCKS.

first string TE done for the year? Backup choked. Screwed up 4th down route leading to TOD. Dropped another two 3rd down conversions. He sucks. 3rd year draft pick.

Lose your first round draft pick from 2018 to ANOTHER neck injury? LVE just needs to retire. Sorry buddy - this was the reason so many teams took him off their board. Sean Lee - DNP as always. Joe Thomas is your starting MLB... oh, jaylon Smith sucks - bad contract there.

Other starting RT is probably done for the year. Your TRUE starting RT is on the IR.

Darian Thompson got trucked all night and the only DBs that can tackle are the rookie and X.

Your $75MM Defensive End didn't even show up on the stat sheet. The guy who's been out of football for 5 years was your best player on defense!!!!!!

All with a franchised QB that always takes bad sacks and averages about 10yards per completion?

Everyone needs to tamper their expectations. This team may win this god awful division but they are NOT good.
exitone
AG
jr15aggie said:

Might as well drop another truth bomb.

D-Law barely showed up on the stat sheet tonight. 1 tackle.

I'm sorry bro, but your contact doesn't allow that to ever be ok. No excuses, where the hell were you all night buddy?!?
And after last seasons performance from him, this is not a good indication.
exitone
AG
C@LAg said:

I noticed the hand last night. I'm wondering if he had a stroke in the off season, and this is why we didn't see him.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.