Hardest class youve taken at A&M?

52,408 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AggieClays
ssolari94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
capn-mac
Tie:
Met 306 Climate (taught by the State Climatologist making it worse).

CE 302 Surveying (which was not helped by taking it in the Summer in Dr Turpin's class, where the average seemed to be 1.5 enrollments).

Dishonorable Mention:
BC 335, but not for the class, but for the professor, who probably had a number of undiagnosed personality disorders.

BC 327 & 328, all well-known among the students as 'weed out' and 'grinder' courses, with rumored 1st-time pass rates of barely 20%--those, I breezed through those. Even with the legendary, dripping fangs, student-ingesting, Dr Bilbo teaching one of those. I even breezed through (the now late) Dr Godwin's Arch 431 Structures class. Go figure.

Just goes to show, you never can tell.
agjag06
AG
PChem I
goldag
MATLAB sucked. I found my lab book in the trash. Gave it to someone I work with who agrees it also stinks.
degreedy
AG
CincoAg, sounds like you had a run-in with Rister

While I wouldn't call it the hardest, it undoubtedly was the most time consuming and tedious of any class that I ever took at A&M
zgood10
Sublette County
AG
quote:
CE 302 Surveying

Seriously? That was one of the easiest CE classes I took. I don't know how it could be hard with any professor.
SidetrackAg
AG
ECEN 303, ECEN 322!!!! Those classes take a lot of work
Bobcat06
AG
ECEN 689 - Quantum Computing

Horrible mix between quantum mechanics/electrodynamics and advanced computer science logic. The entire class was filled with EE, Physic, and Computer Science PhDs and no one understood any of what was going on in that class. One project was to mock up a design of an algorithm for facial recognition software using entaglement. Half the class didn't even turn anything in. I ended up drawing stars and dots on the paper.

Luckily, the prof didn't care about grades and gave everyone an A.

Hardest undergrad?

Probably ECEN 454, my prof had a thick accent and didn't explain anything in his notes. I hated that class. Ironically, that's what I do now for a living.

Most time demanding undergrad?

ECEN 489 - Introduction to Experimental Optics

It was supposed to be 1.5 hours twice a week, but the professor turned it into a lab that lasted about 8 hours. I often was in class from 3 pm til midnight-ish.

We had to design and build optical communication relay systems from scratch (stock metal and resistors). Then mock up a design concept and give a presentation of it to the class as if they were investors.

The time commitment sucked, but the professor was cool and I learned more about real world school (fabricating and giving presentations) than I did in all my other classes combined.
BigAggie06
AG
ACCT 327

Finance 341 was a cake walk
agent-maroon
AG
I'm with the OP. The '82 equivalent of MEEN 363 was BY FAR the hardest course I ever took anywhere. FWIW - my formal title is "Dr."

I'm still having nightmares 30 years later...

[This message has been edited by agent-maroon (edited 3/17/2012 11:40a).]
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ConfidentAg
AG
I'm in phys 222 right now and that sucks.
My hardest class so far was Math 152
Cheer
AG
STAT 203(?)

I would rather take PHYS 218 over again with Bassichus than retake another statistics class.

unfortunately I do have master's plans for the future, so statistics will be in my future.
Jack Ruby
ECON 459 (Game Theory)

Thankfully I've heard he curves the final grade big time.
cuppycup
AG
STAT 689: Bayesian Methods

not hardest for getting a good grade, just the hardest in terms of material and workload
Brock Sampson
AG
quote:
STAT 203(?)

Really? Did you have a bad prof?
Cheer
AG
no, I apparently had one of the better ones at A&M (a female, I forget her name). I just can't wrap my head around stats. I did spend a semester in a MPH program, and biostatistics was a required class. I ended up dropping out of the program because I didn't see any future in it for me personally, but I would have finished the semester if it wasn't for biostats. I just. don't. get. it. I know it's not a difficult class on the whole, but for me personally, it was my hardest class.
mda99
cheer called bassichis the assichis.
Cheer
AG
he was an ass for sure.
George08
AG
Finance 341
agfan2013
AG
Disappointed none of you nerds followed Solari's post with an O face.

That being said, I was not a fan of physics 208, probably easier than what most of you have mentioned but nothing about moving objects and forces interest me......at all.
Sniffing Accountant
AG
ACCT 327.

Everything else has been easy by comparison
AggieMainland
Honors Physic 218....why did no one tell me not to take honors. That D really screwed everything up in the master plan.
TxAg2009WC
AG
Latin 3. Say what you will, but i have never failed a class in my life and am about to flunk this one.
Green2Maroon
AG
Finance 460 with Safdar.

Busted my ass and barely got through with a D.

FINC 341 was tough but still a lot easier.
Dill-Ag13
AG
quote:
Latin 3. Say what you will, but i have never failed a class in my life and am about to flunk this one.

Latin sucks. Hth. Took 7 years of that junk in JHS and HS.
APHIS AG
AGRO 450, Chemical Weed Control with Dr. Merkal. That was one hard fought C. Great class, however, all of his exams were discussion, in two to three parts with the first part needed to answer the second part and so on. Had 50 minutes to take a test that was over an hour long to complete. When asked about this, Dr. Merkal stated that he does this on purpose so you can be better prepared.
Red@ss
AG
Loved STAT, and Repro of farm animals. Easily two of my favorite classes at A&M. Forrest is great! Couldn't hear a damn thing that man said until it was something to do with genitals, then he'd scream it out so loud everyone would wake up. That man cracks me up. Breeds was difficult for me just because it is straight up memorization. Got a 56, 44 on the first and second tests, and buckled down for the 3rd, and got a 91, with an 98 in lab, I got a C overall and there is no way I am taking that final.
afriquefreak
Phil 240

goldag
^ seriously, I had a 100 average going into the final and he dropped the lowest.
2PacShakur
AG
Physical Chemistry. Can't remember the class numbering, been too long, but hot diggity it was tough!
valverde1
Meen 363, PHys 208. Diff Equations and organic chem were easy compared to those. That does not seem right.
edwardsk2003
AG
Discrete Math, summer of 2002. Class GPA was like a 1.8

This was all upper level jr/sr computer science and engineering majors.

My proudest C ever.
NJ75AGfdt
I'll second ACCT 327. I cannot atest to engineering courses, but I dropped ACCT 327 in a NY minute.

"It is better to trust in the LORD than to put confidence in man," Psalm 118:8.

[This message has been edited by NJ75AGfdt (edited 6/9/2012 12:05p).]
FlyFish95
Second semester organic Chem.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.