Hardest class youve taken at A&M?

52,477 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AggieClays
Dill-Ag13
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'll go:
MEEN 363
monkeyboy2
MATH 410
The Pilot
AG
363 did suck.

Physics 208 isn't far behind.
Dill-Ag13
AG
In 363 right now - dominating my life.
hamburgersmith
ALED 340
swrdply400mrelay
AG

Any 300 or 400 for BMEN...

AggieMavsfan
AG
math 141!
YokelRidesAgain
AG
MEEN 363 mean GPR 2.505

ALED 340 mean GPR 3.283

BMEN 306 (lowest GPR of all 300-400 level BMEN classes sprin 2011) mean GPR: 2.678

MATH 141 mean GPR 2.339

MATH 410 mean GPR 3.556

BIOL 318 (my contribution) mean GPR 1.974

All data from most recent term in which course was taught.

PS Scoreboard!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aw08
^ average GPR means nothing....

Many of the engineering classes have half the students failing the class. At the end of the semester the professor curves the grades for a higher pass rate. The classes are still hard as sheet. Many of the upper level BMEN classes have high GPRs because the professors in that deparment know that most of the students want to go to med school and they will need good grades on paper. The classes are still hard.
TKEAg04
AG
heh... vibrations is a doozie. I took a graduate vibrations class and my brain has never been the same.
wxguy95
AG
METR 446

[This message has been edited by wxguy95 (edited 10/21/2011 7:58a).]
YokelRidesAgain
AG
quote:
Many of the upper level BMEN classes have high GPRs because the professors in that deparment know that most of the students want to go to med school and they will need good grades on paper.

Where do you think zoology majors are going, Disney World?

quote:
Many of the engineering classes have half the students failing the class.

Chordate anatomy works the same way, only difference is that the students either drop the class or the prof fails them. What makes it worse is it's offered only once a year, by one prof, and is required for graduation. My year the class started with 78 and only 37 got a C or better. If it wasn't for Q drops, the average GPR would have been around 1.3.

Anyway, just kidding around. Clearly upper level physics classes and biology classes are "hard" in different ways. Several of my medical school classes were harder than anything I took at A&M, but they weren't intellectually difficult.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
The Pilot
AG
I'd like to see those Math 141 students in Meen 363...
rangersncowboys
AG
Comm 203
hartA7
Hardest was math 152 - because I was stupid and young.

After a couple years the material got a lot tougher but I had the habits to be successful.

Pro Sandy
AG
Pchem
cohibasymas
AG
ACCT 327
hbc07
AG
pchemx2
aggiedaniel06
AG
ELEN 322. My gawd! I still get shivers thinking about that one...
tears_for_beers
AG
CSCE 313 with Loguinov was a beetch. Dude got relieved of his teaching duties because of that class last semester.
Cheer
AG
quote:
Many of the upper level BMEN classes have high GPRs because the professors in that deparment know that most of the students want to go to med school and they will need good grades on paper.

nope. it's because there's not enough professors, so the GPR is high to decrease the number of upper level BMEN students.

/former BMEN student

fwiw, my hardest class was PHYS 218 with Bassichis. reason I switched out of ENGR and into BIMS.

cheer
*\o/*
Randy03
AG
MATH 423
PHYS 222
ELEN 322

Yeah those are the hardest courses I know of, I hear that PHYS222 is not that bad if you get it with Adair, but if you get it the other semester with the rotating research Prof like my buddies and I did, then it is less than fun. MATH423 yeah .. I attempted to take it Summer II after I got back from Germany study abroad .. I like to think of myself as a clever person, but the first day of class we got homework and I had no idea even what they were asking, so I promptly withdrew and took MATH414, which was still stupid hard, but I at least understood the questions I was being asked. ELEN322 has a 50%+ Q rate .. Im pretty sure only like 40% of the people I ever met passed that class and they were part of the 20% who made it to upper level ELEN, so yeah .. I figure some of the people who get to upper level ELEN and dont make it to graduation, dont get there because of 322.
McJeebie
Chemical engineering mass transfer ops, hands down. The lady that usually teaches it is a pain, but the students lucky enough to take it this semester have a different prof. I would say my engineering biology (read: intro to kinetics) class was a somewhat-close second.
HardworkingAg
Natural History of the Vertebrates
biochemistry ag
AG
Pchem
burnface1337
PHYS 331. That class kicked my ass.
Tastybrisket10
AG
I've heard a lot of scary things about MATH 423!
hombre
I think the crap profs make MEEN 363 hard like with PHY208.
TheMasterplan
ECEN 215 with styblinski

Busy work =/= better learning
tx_ag10
ooo styblinski. "Hello Everybody!"

don't put 215 off till your last semester and then end up with styblinski's class being the only one that fits in your schedule.

texasaggie2015
AG
First semester at A&M ever right now. Having to Q Drop Math 141..
Sublette County
AG
PHYS 208 with Romanov. He had a thick Russian accent, atrocious handwriting, and he took a sick pleasure from making difficult, calculus-centric tests. I never knew how hard calculus could be with almost no numbers. We were forced to use Cal 3 skills before almost any of us had taken Cal 3.

Due to what I assume was a shortage of TA's, my recitation period for that class was taught by Romanov himself. Not having a TA to talk us through what Romanov mumbled and scribbled last week in class made it way worse.

I finished with an average somewhere around 65%, which was curved to an A.

mchatz
AG
i'm with lightbulb... csce 313
whiskey02
AG
I wouldn't say it was the hardest class overall by any means, but I did score a 24 on my first exam in CHEM 107 my freshman year. The avg. was a 70 on that one.

They really screwed the incoming freshmen that year by placing everyone in cohorts. I don't know if they still do that, but at the time all exams were on the same day in effort to weed out the future business majors.

When I visited the prof in his office to see what I could do to improve he was a total dewsh. He told me the only thing I could do is drop the class. He laughed in my face and told me to switch majors. If I didn't drop he would fail me.

I chose to not drop and I scored a 100 on exam 2, a 98 on exam 3, and a 94 on the final. The dewsh bag still gave me a C.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
^
That's pretty brutal. I took the 101/102 sequence and an 80 was the cutline for an A first semester. Maybe the engineers do a little better, but I'm surprised that a 79 average worked out to a C. No curve at all?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.