Hardest class youve taken at A&M?

52,479 Views | 110 Replies | Last: 12 yr ago by AggieClays
TheMasterplan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
That's BS whiskey.

You should've at least got a B. At least you still passed man.

There were 2 or 3 semester where I wouldn't get my *****together until the 2nd test and on. It's just weird why I kept doing it too.
GarlandAg2012
AG
MEEN 368 with Suh right now. 363 wasn't too bad but I had a nice, good prof. 364 is worse in my opinion but the semester is only half over.

Here's the grade distrib for 368: http://i54.tinypic.com/f53m3b.png
DripAG08
AG
THERMOGODAMICS
FHKChE07
AG
Pchem. Hands down.

And it has no purpose.
AG
ECMT 463. Not even close, I had the worst prof ever!
TheBloodTypo
AG
PHYS 208 has the worst retention rate.
matt.maggio3
AG
ACCT 327- hands down. (While taking Finc 341 at the same time...brutal)

----------------------------------------------------------
THE baseball fan

"Never yield to force, never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy" - Winston Churchill
Willie_Mac
AG
ENGR 212 the Thermodynamics

ELEN 322 Electric and Magnetic Fields
Old Buffalo
AG
quote:
ACCT 327- hands down. (While taking Finc 341 at the same time...brutal)
Diyala Nick
AG
ECMT 463 for me too. I still don't really know what happened.
helgs
AG
quote:
I chose to not drop and I scored a 100 on exam 2, a 98 on exam 3, and a 94 on the final. The dewsh bag still gave me a C.

Same thing happened to me in Econ (don't remember the number, but it was for business minors). Scored a 50 on first exam and then it "clicked". Scores A's on the rest of the exams and got a final average of 79.2 or something like that. Still got a C. This was Prof. Allen (think he's retired now).

It was 2004/5. Graduated A&M with a 3.48; i.e. missed cum laude by .02. Still blame that grade for that (but I got other C's and B's that could have been higher).
TriAg2010
AG
MEEN 363 is one of those classes you tell stories about when you bump into other Aggie mechanical engineers in industry. I got a B - the second time.

I remember lots of people saying MEEN 368 with Mcveigh or Sugh (sp?) was as bad or worse. I had Tucker, which means my MEEN degree probably isn't accredited.
GarlandAg2012
AG
368 with Suh is rough (in it now).

I didn't think 363 was that bad...had a pretty good prof though. I hear people talking about it a lot in the MEEN lab so the workload must be higher. I liked having 6 tests because each test had a more manageable chunk of info.

So far I've found 364 more abstract and difficult than 363.
Dill-Ag13
AG
Update on 363. On track to get a B. 368 will kill me. Thanks Schwartz for ruining me in 305.
tamu2009
AG
ACT 684 (I think) Graduate SAP class. Only class I made a B in.
cgilbert13
FINC 434.

I'm taking it right now. I've had to work harder in this class by far than any other class I've taken at A&M, which is saying something because I'm by no means a genius.
sharkenleo
Both phys 208 and 218 kicked my ass. Had to retake both of them. I remember scoring a 15 on a midterm in one of them.

[This message has been edited by sharkenleo (edited 11/10/2011 7:31p).]
zip04
AG
Animal Sciences Reproduction in Farm Animals. Love the course, but it was tough.
Mogget
AG
PHYS 218, lowest grade in my life. I quickly switched out of engineering back to pre-vet.

Interestingly enough, I thought BICH 411 was just as "hard", but the material was actually interesting and useful to me, so I did a lot better in it.
margareedaville
AG
EPSY 636 - Summer II... burned up all hours of my time.
zgood10
AG
Geophysics major:

PHYS 208
MATH 412
GEOP 470

KINE 198..
jk
PrestigeWorldwide11
AG
HIST 104
RustyBoltz
AG
MEEN 363 with Kim was a breeze.
Now MEEN 360 on the other hand makes me hate my life. I don't think the material is terribly difficult but the poor organization and lack of correlation between lecture and hmwk/tests coupled with those damn lab notebooks has made it one of my worst classes this semester.
CT-11
AG
MGMT 209 with Swim
helgs
AG
quote:
MGMT 209 with Swim

?

That class was all memorization.
rrj2012
AG
VTPB 405.

Microbiology isn't tough, but when taught by Dr. Scanlan, who actually brags about his desire to screw students over, it's hell
TxAgg07
AG
Reproduction is a tough class but Dr Forrest is a good Prof.
20-12th Man
AG
I don't understand the hate for Scanlan. His class was difficult but far from the hardest. I took it this semester with histology and histo took much more time.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
bigbass1170
AG
MEEN 357 with Arroyave. Hated life during that semester.
GarlandAg2012
AG
Yeah raymundo is a total d bag I've heard
Agronomist
AG
Genetics Class 405 ? (been a long time ago)
Last third was Molecular Genetics.
Ruptured my neurons.
CincoAg07
AG
The hardest class I took at A&M was AGEC 424. Entrepreneurship. Not so much the content in the course but the amount of work was as much as three classes.
mid90
AG
AERO 424

Prof is an absolute genius, so much so that he had trouble understanding what the class considered "hard". Which meant destruction for us on tests.

Great prof, great class! (Crazy hard tho)
jlb2957
Math 141 has such a low mean GPA because it is usually the first class an incoming freshman takes. These are students who were generally used to not doing any math homework or studying in high school and yet making A's on high school tests.

That class is definitely a wake-up call for fish.
MouthBQ98
AG
MATH 152. Purely because I absolutely hated MATLAB or whatever that freaking useless computer program was we used in the lab. I could do the damn calculus on paper and plot the graph by hand 3 times faster than struggling through the crappy vague instructions provided by the lab guide and the ESL TA. My ADD probably didn't help. After the second lab, I basically threw my hands up and skipped it for the rest of the year. Should have Q dropped and "regrouped", but for some reason I tried to get by STARTING at a 75, since the lab was worth 25% of my grade.

Bad idea.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.