Nolan Xavier Wells - Missing Boy Found Dead on Island

27,912 Views | 202 Replies | Last: 1 day ago by Ogre09
DallasAg 94
How long do you want to ignore this user?
CanyonAg77 said:

agdoc2001 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Those may be high schools with swim programs.

That doesn't mean they have pools at the school.

I can guarantee you that Canyon High School does not have a pool.


Off topic, but where do they practice and hold meets?

Local country club, WTAMU, Amarillo College

A broader response beyond West Texas... Country Clubs and YMCAs often have pools and Summer teams.

Aside from HS, there are 9 USA Swimming teams in the WTLSC (West Texas LSC).

Looks like Midland has a City facility where they have a year-round USA Swim team:

https://www.swimcloud.com/facility/182/about/

My experience with LSCs is that those facilities are often funded by the ISD and City in joint (or pooled, pun intended0 funding. So, the Midland facility may include ISD funding. Teams usually pay a per lane/per hour rental for the use.

The HS coach is often the LSC coach. So, there is some collaboration.

I'm in North Texas LSC. The Rockwall facility is a joint effort between the ISD, City, and RACE. Rockwall leveraged the fact of the lake to draw city money into funding the Natatorium with the plan to offer swim lessons for kids to ensure they could swim knowing many would use the lake.

In RIchardson, the pools are at Berkner HS and Pearce HS. All of the HS share the facilities and the LSC rents the lanes.

I've met graduates of both Pearce and Berkner. When I mention my kids swam there, they were like, "They don't have a pool." I then tell them where the pool is and they are like, "Oh wow. That's an indoor pool?!"

Swimming is a much bigger sport than most realize.
aggrad02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

https://www.dailymail.com/crime-desk/article-15976291/texas-daniel-erving-drown-teen-friends-charged.html

Kids doing dumb things on the water is going to keep Crump busy. This one happened in Texas. Ruled an accidental drowning death but white teen friend panicked and split and told no one what happened for days.



This one actually sounds fishy.
austinag1997
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have been out to Horn Island. Its a 45 min ride from Biloxi over open water. The currents on Horn Island are pretty significant. The back side of the island is usually deserted. The eastern side is the most populated. The westernn tip usually isn't. I imagine the currents are pretty wild on the western end.

There is a lot that could have happened here. I would have never stayed there without my ride back.

I thought I heard that one of the kids he rode out with had his phone. His mother tracked it. It wasn't on Horn Island.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Street Fighter said:

Hardcore Greg said:

Martin Q. Blank said:

Nuke_Ag05 said:

That article....

What does his death say about water safety for "black youth".....the **** does that even mean?

It means most black youth can't swim and shouldn't be near water. Especially when drinking and trying to impress girls.

https://instagr.am/p/DZgL3SPudhF

We used to see lots of teenage and young adult black men and women in the lazy river at Water World with floaties on. It was like 4 ft of water, max. I remember thinking it was a joke at first, but later I realized they genuinely probably didn't have the same evel of access to neighborhood pools that we had growing up.

Pick any body of water...the pool, the waterpark, the lake, the beach, the river...you will see far fewer than 13% black representation actually out in the water.

My pool was Copano Bay and the Mission River

Problem with Copano was you had to wade out about 1000 yards to get deep enough to swim.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
aggrad02 said:

bonfarr said:

https://www.dailymail.com/crime-desk/article-15976291/texas-daniel-erving-drown-teen-friends-charged.html

Kids doing dumb things on the water is going to keep Crump busy. This one happened in Texas. Ruled an accidental drowning death but white teen friend panicked and split and told no one what happened for days.



This one actually sounds fishy.


My thoughts when reading about the actions of these kids is that they were dumb teenagers with weed and they panicked afraid if they called the Sheriff they would get busted for possession.
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be taken at face value.
aggrad02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

aggrad02 said:

bonfarr said:

https://www.dailymail.com/crime-desk/article-15976291/texas-daniel-erving-drown-teen-friends-charged.html

Kids doing dumb things on the water is going to keep Crump busy. This one happened in Texas. Ruled an accidental drowning death but white teen friend panicked and split and told no one what happened for days.



This one actually sounds fishy.


My thoughts when reading about the actions of these kids is that they were dumb teenagers with weed and they panicked afraid if they called the Sheriff they would get busted for possession.


Thats possible and would fit the definition of fishy. Something happened out there and they didn't want anyone to know they were out there when he died. This article didn't mention a reason for their action.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

An independent autopsy preliminarily found that Mississippi teenager Nolan Wells' cause and manner of death are "undetermined pending investigation," family attorney Ben Crump announced Wednesday, as the investigation into the 18-year-old's death continues.

Wells' parents, Christine and Elmore Wonsley, were desperate for answers and sent the teen's body to Washington, D.C., for the independent autopsy.

The State Medical Examiner's Office in Mississippi is still pending according to Jackson County Coroner Bruce Lynd Jr. Once that report is complete, it will be provided to the local coroner.

LINK

Throwing the BS flag here. Manner of death may be undetermined but not the cause of death. Two separate things.
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, nothing turned up but they're going to keep digging?
Rapier108
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

An independent autopsy preliminarily found that Mississippi teenager Nolan Wells' cause and manner of death are "undetermined pending investigation," family attorney Ben Crump announced Wednesday, as the investigation into the 18-year-old's death continues.

Wells' parents, Christine and Elmore Wonsley, were desperate for answers and sent the teen's body to Washington, D.C., for the independent autopsy.

The State Medical Examiner's Office in Mississippi is still pending according to Jackson County Coroner Bruce Lynd Jr. Once that report is complete, it will be provided to the local coroner.

LINK

Throwing the BS flag here. Manner of death may be undetermined but not the cause of death. Two separate things.

Typical Crump. He got the "results" he paid to get.

Just trying to muddy it up to keep the grift going.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I didn't understand why some of the body parts were reported missing on the second autopsy including the front of the throat if I read the news report correctly. Were their specimens removed during the first autopsy?

I don't believe any trauma to the body was recorded that could have caused pieces to be absent. Was the body in the water long enough for marine life to have taken some of it?
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

I didn't understand why some of the body reports were reported missing on the second autopsy including the front of the throat if I read the news report correctly. Were their specimens removed during the first autopsy?

I don't believe any trauma to the body was recorded that could have caused pieces to be absent. Was the body in the water long enough for marine life to have taken some of it?

An autopsy can determine which injuries are premortem or postmortem.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I searched for more info and apparently the coroner for the first autopsy retained the throat section for further testing
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

I searched for more info and apparently the coroner for the first autopsy retained the throat section for further testing

Not that unusual for tissue samples, which are analyzed as part of a toxicology report.
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


This guy has been posting a series of interviews with one of Nolan's friends. I'm not sure how wise it is for any of these kids to give interviews for public consumption when anything they say is going to be scrutinized and any minute deviation from what they said to the police or coast guard will be twisted into some kind of evidence of lying or a coverup and would likely be used against them in what I expect will be a civil trial. He has nothing to gain by giving this interview the family and Crump aren't going to publicly exonerate him.
Wildmen03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:



This guy has been posting a series of interviews with one of Nolan's friends. I'm not sure how wise it is for any of these kids to give interviews for public consumption when anything they say is going to be scrutinized and any minute deviation from what they said to the police or coast guard will be twisted into some kind of evidence of lying or a coverup and would likely be used against them in what I expect will be a civil trial. He has nothing to gain by giving this interview the family and Crump aren't going to publicly exonerate him.

I get it. If I'm innocent and I know I didn't do anything wrong, I'd want that out there as much as possible.

Unless you're a legit suspect then by all means STFU and let your lawyer do the talking.
4stringAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Rapier108 said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

An independent autopsy preliminarily found that Mississippi teenager Nolan Wells' cause and manner of death are "undetermined pending investigation," family attorney Ben Crump announced Wednesday, as the investigation into the 18-year-old's death continues.

Wells' parents, Christine and Elmore Wonsley, were desperate for answers and sent the teen's body to Washington, D.C., for the independent autopsy.

The State Medical Examiner's Office in Mississippi is still pending according to Jackson County Coroner Bruce Lynd Jr. Once that report is complete, it will be provided to the local coroner.

LINK

Throwing the BS flag here. Manner of death may be undetermined but not the cause of death. Two separate things.

Typical Crump. He got the "results" he paid to get.

Just trying to muddy it up to keep the grift going.

His performance in front of the NAACP crowd in Chicago was another pathetically obvious attempt to keep the grift going. Instead of having his paid medical examiner read the autopsy results, he read them pausing at key moments like when he said the organs weren't with the body or some such just to get the shock value. He did come back and say it was standard practice but then to declare the "redness on the back of the head" as suspicious in nature when the autopsy never said that is just ridiculous and nothing more than pot stirring. The amount of fools online (almost exclusively black) who believe this guy is anything but a race hustling charlatan is a sad commentary on black's judgement but then we knew that given they still vote Dem overwhelmingly.
TX04Aggie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They so bad want one of these white boys to have done something to this guy. And when it comes out none of his white friends did anything, they will just speculate and tie it to racism anyways.
Biz Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TX04Aggie said:

They so bad want one of these white boys to have done something to this guy. And when it comes out none of his white friends did anything, they will just speculate and tie it to racism anyways.

Duke Lacrosse 2.0
bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG


Zero chance this many people could all stay silent to cover up some kind of nefarious act committed against Wells, especially the girls in the group. There are 15 or 16 people going out in multiple boats. Once they got into the water all the cell phones went into the boats and that's why the friend had it when they got back.

JamesPShelley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wildmen03 said:

bonfarr said:



This guy has been posting a series of interviews with one of Nolan's friends. I'm not sure how wise it is for any of these kids to give interviews for public consumption when anything they say is going to be scrutinized and any minute deviation from what they said to the police or coast guard will be twisted into some kind of evidence of lying or a coverup and would likely be used against them in what I expect will be a civil trial. He has nothing to gain by giving this interview the family and Crump aren't going to publicly exonerate him.

I get it. If I'm innocent and I know I didn't do anything wrong, I'd want that out there as much as possible.

Unless you're a legit suspect then by all means STFU and let your lawyer do the talking.

Your parents never told you, "Anything you say will be use against you?".

It's the, "Anything you say" part that always catches my attention. Is everybody else missing that part?

Save the explanation for court.
aggiehawg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

On Thursday, the office of District Attorney Angel Myers McIlrath confirmed the autopsy report of Nolan Wells' death will be withheld until a grand jury can review it.
"Every death in the countyexcept those of natural causes and non-criminal car wrecksis presented to your grand jury," McIlrath said in a video released Thursday. "Many people don't know that we have handled death investigations in this manner my entire career."

LINK
deddog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Wildmen03 said:

bonfarr said:



This guy has been posting a series of interviews with one of Nolan's friends. I'm not sure how wise it is for any of these kids to give interviews for public consumption when anything they say is going to be scrutinized and any minute deviation from what they said to the police or coast guard will be twisted into some kind of evidence of lying or a coverup and would likely be used against them in what I expect will be a civil trial. He has nothing to gain by giving this interview the family and Crump aren't going to publicly exonerate him.

I get it. If I'm innocent and I know I didn't do anything wrong, I'd want that out there as much as possible.

Unless you're a legit suspect then by all means STFU and let your lawyer do the talking.



Yeah. No.
If you haven't already, watch this video completely worth your time and very interesting.

Nothing you say can be used to exonerate you, but
It can be used against you.

bmks270
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
JamesPShelley said:

Wildmen03 said:

bonfarr said:



This guy has been posting a series of interviews with one of Nolan's friends. I'm not sure how wise it is for any of these kids to give interviews for public consumption when anything they say is going to be scrutinized and any minute deviation from what they said to the police or coast guard will be twisted into some kind of evidence of lying or a coverup and would likely be used against them in what I expect will be a civil trial. He has nothing to gain by giving this interview the family and Crump aren't going to publicly exonerate him.

I get it. If I'm innocent and I know I didn't do anything wrong, I'd want that out there as much as possible.

Unless you're a legit suspect then by all means STFU and let your lawyer do the talking.

Your parents never told you, "Anything you say will be use against you?".

It's the, "Anything you say" part that always catches my attention. Is everybody else missing that part?

Save the explanation for court.


Notice it says "against you" and not "in your favor"…

bonfarr
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What's new in this case? Surely the toxicology report results are available but I haven't seen any news of its contents. Has there been no further updates from police?

The only news over the last few weeks are threats of a lawsuit from the trio of friends against Crump and Sharpton and Sharpton saying he welcomes answering any lawsuit.

Are we ever going to reach a closure on this?
Disclaimer: Views expressed in this post reflect the opinions of Texags user bonfarr and are not to be accepted as facts or to be taken at face value.
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Surprised this didn't get to the top after the information was released - drowning.

https://www.sunherald.com/news/local/counties/jackson-county/article317428407.html

Sorry about that newspaper's trashed up site
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
flown-the-coop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watching the Kayleigh McEnany interview with 3 of the friends who went out there with them.

They certainly had nothing to do with it. What happened after they left is unknown. Seems like Nolan may have been hit on the head or hit his head on something.

The race baiting by Ben Crump is criminal. It's time for that dude to go away.
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
flown-the-coop said:

Watching the Kayleigh McEnany interview with 3 of the friends who went out there with them.

They certainly had nothing to do with it. What happened after they left is unknown. Seems like Nolan may have been hit on the head or hit his head on something.

The race baiting by Ben Crump is criminal. It's time for that dude to go away.

They've gotten death threats, and they are threatening to sue the Poverty Pimp Al Sharpton.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Ogre09
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.foxnews.com/us/nolan-wells-friends-sue-terrell-owens-defamation-demanded-arrests

The friends are suing TO now for defamation.
 
×
subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.