Why isn't more made about Kamala failing the bar?

11,664 Views | 115 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by ts5641
ThunderCougarFalconBird
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Tom Fox said:

A trained chimp can pass the bar exam.
this. The bar exam isn't hard. Pretty much anyone here with an ag tag could pass it given adequate materials and time to study.

The reason people flunk the bar is because they don't put in the work to pass it - which is why it should be a red flag when someone with credentials like kamala flunk.
Tom Fox
barbacoa taco said:

then someone as smart as you should know better than to make statements correlating bar exam performance to IQ, or thinking in any way that performance on that exam 30+ years ago qualifies (or disqualifies) anyone to hold office.

there are many, many reasons to criticize Kamala Harris. this isn't one of them.

They are proxies for academic achievement potential. She is dumb as a fence post.
deddog
AG
Dan Scott said:

If Rs make this an issue then they must be in trouble.
Yeah, imagine making decisions based on merit and competence instead of giving people a pass based on the color of their skin.
Spotted Ag
AG
Failing the Bar Exam should disqualify you from being President? Wow.

We need less lawyers in DC and more farmers and ranchers.
Hungry Ojos
I absolutely love liberal hypocrisy. Can you imagine if Trump was an attorney but failed the bar on the first attempt?

Wall to wall.

But for a Democrat???? "SHe hAd TEsT AnxIeTY foR God's SaKe!!!!"
deddog
AG
barbacoa taco said:

then someone as smart as you should know better than to make statements correlating bar exam performance to IQ, or thinking in any way that performance on that exam 30+ years ago qualifies (or disqualifies) anyone to hold office.

there are many, many reasons to criticize Kamala Harris. this isn't one of them.
It absolutely is.
It points to her not being the sharpest tool in the shed. It wouldn't have mattered if she had some outstanding achievements to her name, but she doesn't.

Like Obama, she's just an empty suit - taking advantage of self loathing white libs who are impressed by the fact that she has a uterus and her skin is dark.
deddog
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

I absolutely love liberal hypocrisy. Can you imagine if Trump was an attorney but failed the bar on the first attempt?

Wall to wall.

Well, its a good thing being POTUS is not a high stress job, where you get anxiety
Get Off My Lawn
We may be analytical, but we're not the target swing voters. They need a reason to act - and analytical arguments just aren't emotionally inspiring to this group (if they were they'd already be consistent R's).

Focusing on failing the bar would just be one more "she's unimpressive and incompetent" to add to the rest.

We need these people to feel that Kamala = empty wallets while Trump = improved quality of life.

Occasional D voters in swing states need to feel "meh. I'll stay home"
Occasional R voters in swing states need to feel "this is worth the effort."

How do you get those messages to those people: paint how THEIR LIVES have been and will be impacted by respective candidates.*
barbacoa taco
AG
deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.
It points to her not being the sharpest tool in the shed. It wouldn't have mattered if she had some outstanding achievements to her name, but she doesn't.

Like Obama, she's just an empty suit - taking advantage of self loathing white libs who are impressed by the fact that she has a uterus and her skin is dark.
Look, I'm not fan of her, but these statements are just silly. She has been DA of a major city, AG of the biggest state, senator of said state, and VP. She has a resume.
Captain Pablo
AG
techno-ag
AG
barbacoa taco said:

That's right. It's like that old saying, what do you call the lowest ranked graduate of a medical school? "Doctor."
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

93MarineHorn
Hungry Ojos said:

Wall to wall.

No one was talking about this, OP. Your attempt at baiting conservatives is truly pathetic. You should re-examine your life.
Texas velvet maestro
the rudderless masses didn't pass the bar either. they don't give a *****
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Texas velvet maestro said:

the rudderless masses didn't pass the bar either. they don't give a *****

It's like attacking trump for being a felon, it just makes the supporters of her more emboldened.
Tom Fox
barbacoa taco said:

deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.

Look, I'm not fan of her, but these statements are just silly. She has been DA of a major city, AG of the biggest state, senator of said state, and VP. She has a resume.

All not possible without AA/DEI. Consequently, meaningless.
barbacoa taco
AG
Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

AgNav93 said:

Because the bar is racist and patriarchal. It is white supremacy!
It's not, but it's just an entrance exam that tests how well you can cram an incredible amount of information and perform under pressure. It in no way measures one's ability to practice law.

For example, no lawyer would ever write a brief in under an hour, without doing legal research. That would be malpractice.

Bull**** it doesn't.

I've practiced law for 17 years and have been very successful at it. Your ability to spot issues and adapt to nuance when consulting with a new client are extremely important, as well as your ability to cram a ton of knowledge fast in order to be able to adapt to facts that weren't what you anticipated. You have no idea what you're talking about.
it's just part of the equation. The bar exam exists because there needs to be a gatekeeper to a law license. That's all it is--an exam. Both law school and the bar exam pale in comparison to actual experience when it comes to a successful legal career. I've known several successful lawyers who didn't pass the first time. The vast majority of employers don't even look into that, and those who do usually are sanctimonious *******s who think too highly of themselves.

Either way, as I stated in another post, it's not like bar passage is required to be the President. or a politician at any level. so I'm not sure why people are hung up on this.
Hungry Ojos
93MarineHorn said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Wall to wall.

No one was talking about this, OP. Your attempt at baiting conservatives is truly pathetic. You should re-examine your life.

New to the site I see…
one safe place
barbacoa taco said:

deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.

If you were black, or appeared to be, and due to that someone awarded you an MD you didn't earn, that doesn't mean you are a real surgeon.
CanyonAg77
AG
Because you are racist. I'm sure it's been said, it it's really the only reason
William K. Klingaman
I think the problem is Americans think a great President should be an effing lawyer.
Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.

And she was all those things because of her gender and ethnicity. She was terrible at every single one.
barbacoa taco
AG
Hungry Ojos said:

Wall to wall.

i didn't say she had test anxiety or even attempt to explain why she failed the bar.

and if Trump did, why would I attack him on something so unimportant when there are so many other bases for attacking him? that's as dumb as attacking him for being divorced. it's so meaningless.
zb008
How many people who don't even have degrees helped shape the world forever? Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg did not have degrees, but they had a profound impact on society. I'm not a fan of Kamala's politics, but academia isn't exactly the best indicator of someone's worthiness.
93MarineHorn
Hungry Ojos said:

93MarineHorn said:

Hungry Ojos said:

Wall to wall.

New to the site I see…
Been here since the late 90's. But anyone can see this for what it is. If you're actually being serious that's even sadder.
Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

AgNav93 said:

Because the bar is racist and patriarchal. It is white supremacy!
It's not, but it's just an entrance exam that tests how well you can cram an incredible amount of information and perform under pressure. It in no way measures one's ability to practice law.

For example, no lawyer would ever write a brief in under an hour, without doing legal research. That would be malpractice.

Bull**** it doesn't.

I've practiced law for 17 years and have been very successful at it. Your ability to spot issues and adapt to nuance when consulting with a new client are extremely important, as well as your ability to cram a ton of knowledge fast in order to be able to adapt to facts that weren't what you anticipated. You have no idea what you're talking about.
it's just part of the equation. The bar exam exists because there needs to be a gatekeeper to a law license. That's all it is--an exam. Both law school and the bar exam pale in comparison to actual experience when it comes to a successful legal career. I've known several successful lawyers who didn't pass the first time. The vast majority of employers don't even look into that, and those who do usually are sanctimonious *******s who think too highly of themselves.

Either way, as I stated in another post, it's not like bar passage is required to be the President. or a politician at any level. so I'm not sure why people are hung up on this.

BECAUSE ITS YET ANOTHER DATA POINT SUPPORTING THE FACT THAT SHES A DUMBASS.

How is this hard to understand?
barbacoa taco
AG
you are yet another reminder of why the public opinion of lawyers continues to be negative.
Jack Boyette
zb008 said:

How many people who don't even have degrees helped shape the world forever? Steve Jobs, Bill Gates, and Mark Zuckerberg did not have degrees, but they had a profound impact on society. I'm not a fan of Kamala's politics, but academia isn't exactly the best indicator of someone's worthiness.

When it's your chosen profession, and you can't pass the threshold to do it despite 3 years isn't study, it's an indicator of a lot. Every one of those people you named would pass if they studied at all. What a ridiculous point.
Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

you are yet another reminder of why the public opinion of lawyers continues to be negative.

Because I agreed with EVERY OTHER LAWYER here?
VP at Pierce and Pierce
Tom Fox said:

barbacoa taco said:

deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.

While you are not wrong, most Americans do not see it this way. They see someone that has continually climbed the ladder. The holes in her game are her record as AG locking up thousands of black men for pot crimes, her disaster at the border at VP, and her overall role as VP and the lack of success she was a part of. All Americans have the aptitude to see that.

America is full of successfully and incredibly wealthy people that are not the sharpest, they got that way by hook or crook and plenty have occupied the White House and boardroom. She became a lawyer and found success, big deal she failed the bar. She is a dunce and a disaster waiting to happen the bar exam aint a part of it.
barbacoa taco
AG
she literally did pass. just not on the first try. your post makes it sound like she never passed.

question: if you had an experienced lawyer with a very solid resume and the right experience apply to your firm, and you asked him or her if they passed the bar on the first try, and the answer was "no, but I passed the second time" would that be a dealbreaker?
Captain Pablo
AG
Vincent Gambini failed 5 times and still won a capital murder case

judge Haller went to Yale Law School and doesn't even know what a Ute is

Makes you think
Deputy Travis Junior
barbacoa taco said:

Tom Fox said:

Failing the Bar exam and low LSAT scores stem from the same root cause. You are either low iq or have test anxiety. Possibly a bit of both.
have you taken either exam? because the only thing you're slightly right about is having test anxiety, which can have an effect. But to equate those exams with IQ tests is nonsense.

It's not determinative, but it's a data point. 4.0 electrical engineer who flunks the bar the first time then goes on to be a CEO? Something unusual was probably going on in that person's life in the weeks leading up to test day.

Attends a meh school (Howard), a meh law school (Hastings), flunks the bar once, then sounds like a kindergarten teacher every time she makes an address, and completely bombs her only assignment as VP? That is telling a very different story - the bar failure looks more like the norm than an exception.
Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

she literally did pass. just not on the first try. your post makes it sound like she never passed.

question: if you had an experienced lawyer with a very solid resume and the right experience apply to your firm, and you asked him or her if they passed the bar on the first try, and the answer was "no, but I passed the second time" would that be a dealbreaker?

No.

But do you understand the very obvious distinction (to anyone with a functioning brain)? That person is applying to work at my law firm, not my vote to be the most powerful person in the world.

Slight difference.
Tom Fox
VP at Pierce and Pierce said:

Tom Fox said:

barbacoa taco said:

deddog said:

barbacoa taco said:

It absolutely is.

While you are not wrong, most Americans do not see it this way. They see someone that has continually climbed the ladder. The holes in her game are her record as AG locking up thousands of black men for pot crimes, her disaster at the border at VP, and her overall role as VP and the lack of success she was a part of. All Americans have the aptitude to see that.

America is full of successfully and incredibly wealthy people that are not the sharpest, they got that way by hook or crook and plenty have occupied the White House and boardroom. She became a lawyer and found success, big deal she failed the bar. She is a dunce and a disaster waiting to happen the bar exam aint a part of it.

Oh you thought I was saying we should use this against her politically. No.

I was simply arguing it shows that she is a moron and would not have had the career advancement that she had absent her sex and skin color.
farmersfight97
AG
I don't think Kamala has what it takes to be POTUS. She lacks intelligence, seriousness, and work-ethic.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.