Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,310 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
techno-ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
AggiePride07 said:

Divine intervention
Absolutely. Praise Jesus.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Jock 07
AG
AgCat93 said:

Foreverconservative said:

These are the Democrats that all signed and introduced legislation to strip Donald Trump from his secret service protection:

Rep. Bennie Thompson
Rep. Troy A. Carter Sr.
Rep. Barbara Lee
Rep. Frederica Wilson
Rep. Yvette D. Clarke
Rep. Bonnie Watson Coleman
Rep. Jasmine Crockett
Rep. Joyce Beatty
Rep. Steve Cohen

Steve Cohen. Absolutely worthless. Represents Memphis.

That the fool who brought a bucket of Kentucky fried chicken to a hearing, right?
J. Walter Weatherman
joekm3 said:

J. Walter Weatherman said:

joekm3 said:

sam callahan said:

Quote:

Do you honestly believe this?

do I believe the deep state was behind this? don't know

have they proved themselves capable? absolutely

If this was a secret grand deep state conspiracy they would have used someone who knew how to shoot. This lunatic is thankfully both a bad shot and also now room temperature.

The shooter was always going to be room temperature. Dead men can't speak.

Again, "Hey guys let's do a big secret deep state conspiracy plot but let's make sure the most important part is entrusted to someone who can't really shoot" doesn't exactly make sense.

Sometimes crazy idiots do crazy things.

Dumb ass WW: if it was a nut job, then he was going to be room temperature. If it was a conspiracy he was going to be room temperature. BTW I don't know whether it was or was not a conspiracy, but in light of the whole Russia bs as well as the 51 intelligence experts etc, I would not be surprised.

Mature name calling aside, the point is still that if it was a grand super secret deep state cabal conspiracy, they would have used someone who could make the shot. Crazy people (almost definitely egged on by the left's insane rhetoric) do crazy things. Doesn't need to be more than that.
AgCat93
AG
Kunkle for Congress TX-34 said:

BlueTaze said:

Kunkle for Congress TX-34 said:

Was this pic taken after the shooting?
No idea...assuming so

Bright sunny day at the rally. Photo is taken on a cloudy day. Clouds could have moved in after the incident.
bigtruckguy3500
Wonder if the shooter is a veteran, or military/veteran affiliated. Pic of him, dead, can see his right shoulder with an American flag on the T-shirt, like a lot of 9 line apparel and similar brands.

https://nypost.com/2024/07/13/us-news/gunman-behind-attempted-assassination-on-trump-shot-and-killed-by-secret-service-sources/
cheeky
AG
45-70Ag said:

Are those guys ss or local/state Leo's
Zoom in on the photo. Back of vest says United States Secret Service

Photo
BuffsAg47
AG
Trump 2024.
aginlakeway
AG
Easy shot for the shooter. Suicide mission, too.

Wonder why his ID hasn't been revealed.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Kunkle for Congress TX-34
Lonestar_Ag09 said:

This is unacceptable

watching the videos. Those aren't the snipers who fired I don't believe. I don't think they could see the shooter until he popped up on the roof ridge. And they didn't appear to shoot multiple shots in succession I think it was another angle sniper who made the kill
I think you are correct. Saw some reports that the shot that took the shooter down came from 400+ yards out with some wind.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
techno-ag
AG
GenericAggie said:

Bongino has brought up some good points but I have 3 very urgent questions about the assassination attempt against Trump.

1. Is it true the gunman shot at the president from the roof of a nearby building? If so, how could the Secret Service let this happen? Just unacceptable

2. Is it true that someone saw the shooter with a rifle on the roof but was ignored by the police and secret service? Again unacceptable

3. Is it true that Biden's DHS has repeatedly denied requests by the Trump campaign for more Secret Service protection? If so you are all fired immediately

YES
YES
YES

I'm not saying it's a conspiracy, but the Secret Service does not look very competent tonight.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

one safe place
TommyBrady said:

Have to wait to know exactly all the mess ups here but for a former president and Nominee for President to be within an inch of his brain being splattered on stage is a Secret Service Failure and if his campaign had asked for more protection and was denied everybody in that decision making line needs to be fired.
No need to wait. Not having every rooftop covered for a speech given by a presidential candidate was a Secret Service failure, no matter how you shake or dance.
suburban cowboy
AG
aginlakeway said:

Easy shot for the shooter. Suicide mission, too.

Wonder why his ID hasn't been revealed.

Same reason the nashville shooter manifesto was never released… the Deep State is in full damage control
Ellis Wyatt
That's well and good, but Bongino has been talking about how awful she is for some time. She didn't just start to be a failure today. It's ok to hire the best people for jobs, even if they happen to be men.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Especially when it's basically the ONLY ONE other than what is right behind the stage. Increidble
agent-maroon
AG
Quote:

The only thing worse is thinking Trump was saved by supernatural intervention. If that was true, what it means would be terrifying.
That's exactly what I think. Hope you can still sleep tonight!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rapier108
So listening to Fox, the guy who said he was telling the police, he said at the end if the video that the shooter was not visible to the SS rooftop teams until he was in his shooting position.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
Fenrir

joekm3 said:

joekm3 said:

sam callahan said:

Quote:

Do you honestly believe this?

do I believe the deep state was behind this? don't know

have they proved themselves capable? absolutely

If this was a secret grand deep state conspiracy they would have used someone who knew how to shoot. This lunatic is thankfully both a bad shot and also now room temperature.

The shooter was always going to be room temperature. Dead men can't speak.

Again, "Hey guys let's do a big secret deep state conspiracy plot but let's make sure the most important part is entrusted to someone who can't really shoot" doesn't exactly make sense.

Dumb ass WW: if it was a nut job, then he was going to be room temperature. If it was a conspiracy he was going to be room temperature. BTW I don't know whether it was or was not a conspiracy, but in light of the whole Russia bs as well as the 51 intelligence experts etc, I would not be surprised.

Mature name calling aside, the point is still that if it was a grand super secret deep state cabal conspiracy, they would have used someone who could make the shot. Crazy people (almost definitely egged on by the left's insane rhetoric) do crazy things. Doesn't need to be more than that.

The shooter being in on it is not a requirement of a shooting being the intended outcome. They've cranked the hateful rhetoric against him up to 11 for almost a decade now and have allegedly been refusing requests for additional security personnel.
EskimoJoe
Aggie95 said:

"Summer of love" + zero consequences + calling Trump Hitler + calling Trump a dictator + calling Trump a threat to democracy = today's result

Don't forget the very public figures calling for him to be assassinated recently.
oh no
AG
nomadic_ag
AG
Makes me think of that nut job that tried to kill Paul Pelosi. This stuff brings out the crazies.
StandUpforAmerica
Lonestar_Ag09
AG
rolo said:

I'm assuming Demolition isn't liberal correct?
The Aggie vet and number one gun channel on YouTube who was helping push Brandon Herrera for office in his district as a republican….no he's not a liberal
WestGalvestonAggie
Stunning, shockingly bad security detail. Unfathomable. Inexcusable. I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but this is embarrassing incompetence.
"I always thought Roy Acuff was probably an *******. I’m a Hank Williams fan."

-Steve Earle
oh no
AG
twk
AG
Rapier108 said:

So listening to Fox, the guy who said he was telling the police, he said at the end if the video that the shooter was not visible to the SS rooftop teams until he wad in his shooting position.
This.

There might have been local cops on the perimeter who should have seen what the bystanders were seeing, but this was a sloped roof, and the sniper could use the reverse slope to conceal himself from the stage (and counter sniper perch) until he was ready to shoot.

It's what Wellington did to Napoleon at Waterloo.
drcrinum

Amen!
Swan Song
AG
May be crazy but I thought the SS would be trained to anticipate things like this and do everything within their power to not let people access elevated areas where they can take shots from.

JFK would probably approve of this message.
Loyalty
AG
Rossticus said:

LMCane said:

Rossticus said:

texasaggie2015 said:

For the first time in my life, I am scared to death about what the future looks like for myself and my (hopefully) future family.

Isht is about to get weird, methinks. This could easily be the spark that sets off the tinderbox. May end up being a slow burn but tensions are going to ratchet up progressively from now on. This isn't a genie you can put back into the bottle. This wasn't just a one-off nutjob like with Reagan.

after 9/11 and Iran getting a nuclear bomb, this is the first time you are afraid of the future?!

That has at least been a threat that we as Americans would be united in opposition to. Internal division of the sort that stems from politically motivated assassination is far more concerning to me than something that we would unite against as a common enemy. More and more, Americans are viewing other Americans as a greater enemy than external forces. That's a big damn problem.

I've seen it literally blow up families. Cousins, uncles brothers and sisters that won't speak to each other due to politics. Sad stuff
Viper16
AG
Rapier108 said:

So many on the right are so desperate for this to be a grand conspiracy. It will validate eveyting they've believed since 2016, and especially after 4 years of being fed Qisms.

All it takes is an intentionally unsupported SS detail and plenty of crazies being fed endless rage everywhere they look. Sooner or later was of them was going to go off.

The only thing worse is thinking Trump was saved by supernatural intervention. If that was true, what it means would be terrifying.
Good grief!

You are some piece of work!

I don't think I've ever seen someone with the level of TDS rattling around in their head like you!

Take a break from posting your displeasure of Trump and his supporters.

A long break!
hedge
CNN bringing up j6
Ellis Wyatt
Logos Stick said:

Quote:

Hey guys, the dossier is true. It's not a conspiracy theory.

Hey guys, Alfa Bank is true, it's not a conspiracy theory.

Hey guys, the FBI using a news article for which they are the source to get a FISA warrant to spy on the Trump campaign is a conspiracy theory.

Etc etc etc.
It's the same people every time. They just don't know how to shut up. They just can't help but "remove all doubt."
Hornbeck
AG
WestGalvestonAggie said:

Stunning, shockingly bad security detail. Unfathomable. Inexcusable. I don't buy the conspiracy theories, but this is embarrassing incompetence.

Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be attributed to incompetence.
oh no
AG

First they sued him. Then they prosecuted him. Then they tried to take him off the ballot. The only thing more tragic than what just happened is that, if we're being honest, it wasn't totally a shock. Biden's inevitable ritual condemnation of political violence today (when it comes) will be insufficient and irrelevant. No amount of verbiage today changes the toxic national climate that led to this tragedy.

Apoorva and I mourn for the rally attendee who was apparently killed by the shooter. We believe the fact that President Trump is safe right now is nothing short of an act of God. My heart tells me God intervened not just for Trump, but for our nation. Today, the future survival of the United States of America came down to less than a hair's width in the path of a bullet.

If any good comes of today, let it be this: Americans just had the chance to see our next President's true character, unvarnished. He took the fire, he took the hit, he felt the blood, and then he stood right back up for the people he was put here to lead.

Regardless of who you vote for, let's unite around the TRUTH that what happened today is unacceptable, now and forever. May we all remember Thomas Jefferson's words 225 years ago:

"A little patience, and we shall see the reign of witches pass over, their spells dissolve, and the people, recovering their true sight, restore their government to its true principles. It is true that in the meantime we are suffering deeply in spirit, and incurring the horrors of a war and long oppressions…And if we feel their power just sufficiently to hoop us together, it will be the happiest situation in which we can exist. If the game runs sometimes against us, we must have patience till luck turns, and then we shall have an opportunity of winning back the principles we have lost, for this is a game where principles are at stake."
JFABNRGR
AG
rolo said:

So they saw him why hesitate

Thats the $10,000 question and in the vid it looks more like an ND, while both of them pulled out like they were taking fire. It was very odd.
First Page Last Page
Page 44 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.