Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,284 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
AgCat93
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TommyBrady said:

Have to wait to know exactly all the mess ups here but for a former president and Nominee for President to be within an inch of his brain being splattered on stage is a Secret Service Failure and if his campaign had asked for more protection and was denied everybody in that decision making line needs to be fired.

We'll fire them in November.
sleepybeagle
AG
TommyBrady said:

Have to wait to know exactly all the mess ups here but for a former president and Nominee for President to be within an inch of his brain being splattered on stage is a Secret Service Failure and if his campaign had asked for more protection and was denied everybody in that decision making line needs to be fired.
Yea...how does someone climb up on a building with a direct line of fire and not be spotted? How does SS not flag that building as a spot to watch?
sleepybeagle
FriendlyAg
JFABNRGR said:

TxAg82 said:

AtlAg05 said:

Here's the video of the SS sniper possibly returning fire.
You can tell he notices the assassin just before the first shot is fired. That all occurred fast.

His movement behind that rifle and not performing follow through is very odd.
I am not a high level trained sniper, but that looked... unnatural. It could have been his physiological reaction to "oh ****, did that happen?" but I feel like they are trained better than that.
Kenneth_2003
AG
PatriotAg02 said:

aginlakeway said:

I'd be stunned if Trump doesn't address the country tonight.
Supposedly he's going to the UFC fight with Dana White tonight in Denver. That's the word anyway.
Too late to make it. He's in PA, the fights are in Denver.
I think there's only 7 or 8 fights left tonight.
tylercsbn9
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

TommyBrady said:

100%.

The interview with the bbc guy is incredibly damning of the SS. There were minutes leading up to this if his interview is true.
Kunkle for Congress TX-34
drcrinum said:

Kunkle for Congress TX-34 said:

Thoughts?

I downloaded that image from twitter and blew it up on my computer screen. Sure looks like a hole with rays in the cloth radiating outward from the periphery of the hole.
If this shooter had any sense of completing this, center mass would be logical. First shot may have been CM and Trump didn't flinch so he went to the head.
"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
LMCane
last 5 years violent attacks by leftists on

Lee Zeldin (nearly stabbed)
Senator Paul (tackled and punctured lung)
Steve Scalise (shot)
Donald Trump (shot)
45-70Ag
AG
I'm curious if the guy in all black is local/state or ss?
TX_COWDOC
AG
That's not a 5.56 hole.
www.southpawprecision.com
Type 07 FFL / Class 2 SOT
Nightforce Optics Dealer
AGM Night Vision Dealer
Bearpitbull
TommyBrady said:

Sure IF but do you know they were denied?
Ag with kids
AG
jcc96 said:

KatyAg01 said:

In this day and age, how is there not drone surveillance at events like this? Would likely go a long way to snuffing this kind of attempt out, if not at least having video documentation of how they got in position, what car dropped them off, etc.

Unlike Jan 6, this is truly a dark day in our history; third world countries are looking at this and saying, "Damn!"

7. 1. 3. Easy date for me to commit to memory given the area code for my cell. I won't let anyone on the left forget this day, especially if they utter the phrase "threat to democracy."

So who's to keep someone from flying another drone or taking over a drone and shooting at a target. I wouldn't think that would be the safest thing either.
There was a TFR there. ANY unauthorized drone would have either had LEOs make the pilot it bring it down or it would have been shot down (or taken down with other C-UAS methods).
tylercsbn9
AG
sleepybeagle said:

TommyBrady said:

Yea...how does someone climb up on a building with a direct line of fire and not be spotted? How does SS not flag that building as a spot to watch?

He was spotted by some random ass people and they were yelling to the secret service about it for minutes. Trump should have been whisked away minutes prior.
Science Denier
AG
aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

aTmAg said:

Don't bash the SS in any conspiracy nonsense. That makes us look like idiots. We aren't talking about the FBI here. They shoot the shooter impressively quickly.

After he was pointed out by bystanders for at least two minutes to them. That's the part that's going to fuel the conspiracy theories. The guy on the BBC interview - if he never surfaces again that's going to be really suspicious.
I think he said he pointed it out to policed. Not SS. So I can imagine they aren't all on the same coms together. I imagine the SS is on encrypted coms.

No. He said the SS was specifically watching him with binoculars as he kept pointing to him.
That's like saying a Jimbo was looking specifically at me while I'm in a crowd at kyle field. Just because he's looking in my direction doesn't mean he sees ME. Especially if he has binoculars. By nature, the field of view on binoculars is small.

There wasn't a crowd there. It was a party that went outside to hear Trump.

Did you see the tweet?
Yeah I saw it. To come away with that with some sort of conspiracy theory that the SS saw the guy on the roof let him get a couple shots off, and then said "well you shot enough.. NOW I'm going to kill you" is preposterous.

And it was Biden's department that refused extra security.
cecil77
AG

drcrinum said:

Thoughts?

I downloaded that image from twitter and blew it up on my computer screen. Sure looks like a hole with rays in the cloth radiating outward from the periphery of the hole.
If this shooter had any sense of completing this, center mass would be logical. First shot may have been CM and Trump didn't flinch so he went to the head.

A shot in the vest would have knocked him down.
txaggie_08
AG
You think he'd fly commercial?

I don't think Trump's gonna make it, but number of planned flights for an evening means nothing.
Dan Scott
AG
Trump doesn't usually show up for the early matches at UFC events. Aren't the fights shows usually later in the night.
LMCane
for MONTHS the pro-Israel side has been warning that we are the canaries in the coal mine, and that what starts against the Jews moves to everyone else.

just like 9/11, the Holocaust, hijacking planes, suicide bombings.

no one listened in the Biden Administration.
Legend
AG
Fights not flights
Ag with kids
AG
Ulysses90 said:

Roses are red
Violets are dead
Kunkle for Congress TX-34
Looks like Trump's little tic saved his life!

"Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."
The Banned
rolo said:

Unless it's AI generated, there are videos of someone shot in the head, definitely dead
MarkTwain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
lobopride
I am so glad Trump survived!
Bearpitbull
Ellis Wyatt said:

nomadic_ag said:

Terrible terrible day for the country. Praying for Trump and his family.

I wish both sides would cool down the rhetoric. It's out of hand. There are crazies out there who believe it all it be true.

Both sides are not shooting people. Both sides aren't corrupting the legal system to jail opposition. One side is doing that.

There is no moral equivalence.

Sure. I cannot imagine needing to tell yourself that. Both sides are guilty of the bull**** place we find ourselves. Two old idiots are our choices.
Hornbeck
AG
That's not surprising
Dan Scott
AG
Dana white would also delay the card so Trump could make an appearance before the final match. I would think.
Kenneth_2003
AG
txaggie_08 said:

You think he'd fly commercial?

I don't think Trump's gonna make it, but number of planned flights for an evening means nothing.
Put your glasses on my friend.

Quote:

Too late to make it. He's in PA, the fights are in Denver.

I think there's only 7 or 8 fights left tonight.
F I G H T S not F L I G H T S

Unless he takes an SR71 he can't make it in time.
zgolfz85
AG
MooreTrucker
AG
Bearpitbull said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nomadic_ag said:

I wish both sides would cool down the rhetoric. It's out of hand. There are crazies out there who believe it all it be true.

Both sides are not shooting people. Both sides aren't corrupting the legal system to jail opposition. One side is doing that.

Sure. I cannot imagine needing to tell yourself that. Both sides are guilty of the bull**** place we find ourselves. Two old idiots are our choices.

Both sides have fomented the hate. Only one side seems to actually follow through with actions like this.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Trump posted on Truth Social that he was struck by a bullet.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bearpitbull said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

nomadic_ag said:

One side is guilty of trying to kill the other. Multiple times.
anaag75
AG
LRHF said:

TX_COWDOC said:

This. He should have been ushered off stage immediately. Lots of questions about the coordination and basic integrity of the security detail (local, state, federal).

After watching some of the post attempt video e.g. as he was loaded into the suburban and one of the agents cannot holster her pistol, I'm not sure that Mayorkas assigned the A team to protect Trump.

Been thinking exactly the same thing! Way too slow…

There is video/audio of the aftermath that was picked up from the podium mic. They were trying to get him off the stage as quickly as they could, but it sounded like they were trying to assess his injury, make sure the path off stage was clear, and then try to get him up. He was obviously dazed and was wanting to get his shoes back on, but all in all, it happened pretty quickly once they figured out he was able to move and that they could get him to the SUV.
twk
AG
tylercsbn9 said:

sleepybeagle said:

TommyBrady said:

He was spotted by some random ass people and they were yelling to the secret service about it for minutes. Trump should have been whisked away minutes prior.
For clarity's sake, I think they were yelling at local police who were manning the perimeter. One of the issues to be determined is whether it is true, as has been alleged, that DHS had refused requests for more staffing on Trump's security detail.
MarkTwain
Keep this in mind folks this SOB Benny Thompson, introduced a bill a couple of months ago to take away Trump's secret service protection. and he was the leader of the sham J6 commission.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
hedge
Democrats have nothing left now. Jan 6 is nothing compared to 7/13
First Page Last Page
Page 34 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.