Shots fired at Trump [Keep it factual -- Staff]

821,356 Views | 6481 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by A is A
YokelRidesAgain
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The guy interviewed on BBC seemed to indicate that the sight lines weren't great for the Secret service agents to see the guy crawling on the roof. He also pointed out that there should have been SS on all of the rooftops, which seems entirely right, in retrospect.

Assuming his account is true, there was also a major breakdown in communication among local law enforcement and SS. There's no reason that the local cops shouldn't have an open frequency with the Secret Service to indicate vital information like "This guy says he sees someone crawling on a roof with a gun."
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aTmAg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Interesting the flag on the shoulder is military style.
Infection_Ag11
AG
Ulysses90 said:

AtlAg05 said:

rolo said:

This one shows the SS sniper returning fire
It also shows them aiming at the shooter before the shooter opened fire. Unbelievable.

Those guys each have designated areas to monitor, him surveying with the scope of his rifle is what you'd expect.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, there are so few there. I don't know how all aren't monitored
HowdyTAMU
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

This. He should have been ushered off stage immediately. Lots of questions about the coordination and basic integrity of the security detail (local, state, federal).

After watching some of the post attempt video e.g. as he was loaded into the suburban and one of the agents cannot holster her pistol, I'm not sure that Mayorkas assigned the A team to protect Trump.
I think protocol is to cover him until the site is secure or the entire team can move in concert fully surrounding him. In this case, both of these actions happened.
Science Denier
AG
gkaggie08 said:

Bystander did say that SS probably couldn't see the shooter due to the pitch of the roof, but LE on the ground should have been on the radio and getting on that roof ASAP

Couldn't see him climbing. But sure could see him as he lined up the shot.

Remember, they watched this guy for 4-5 min.
Schneider Electric
No reason SS should wear a coat & tie. Drawing & holstering impediment
Mission Velveta
aTmAg said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

It's just a grunt style shirt guys…
DannyDuberstein
AG
aTmAg said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Pretty generic. All sorts of clothing has that
aTmAg
AG
Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

aTmAg said:

Don't bash the SS in any conspiracy nonsense. That makes us look like idiots. We aren't talking about the FBI here. They shoot the shooter impressively quickly.

After he was pointed out by bystanders for at least two minutes to them. That's the part that's going to fuel the conspiracy theories. The guy on the BBC interview - if he never surfaces again that's going to be really suspicious.
I think he said he pointed it out to policed. Not SS. So I can imagine they aren't all on the same coms together. I imagine the SS is on encrypted coms.

No. He said the SS was specifically watching him with binoculars as he kept pointing to him.
That's like saying a Jimbo was looking specifically at me while I'm in a crowd at kyle field. Just because he's looking in my direction doesn't mean he sees ME. Especially if he has binoculars. By nature, the field of view on binoculars is small.

There wasn't a crowd there. It was a party that went outside to hear Trump.

Did you see the tweet?
Yeah I saw it. To come away with that with some sort of conspiracy theory that the SS saw the guy on the roof let him get a couple shots off, and then said "well you shot enough.. NOW I'm going to kill you" is preposterous.
LRHF
AG
TX_COWDOC said:

This. He should have been ushered off stage immediately. Lots of questions about the coordination and basic integrity of the security detail (local, state, federal).

After watching some of the post attempt video e.g. as he was loaded into the suburban and one of the agents cannot holster her pistol, I'm not sure that Mayorkas assigned the A team to protect Trump.

Been thinking exactly the same thing! Way too slow…
Twisted Helix
SS has formally notified the FBI. I'm sure they'll put the A team on it. I absolutely hate that I have no confidence in our alphabet agencies. But I don't, so ****'em.
Lathspell
AG
Schneider Electric said:

Apparently, their attire is supposed to match whoever they are protecting.
Rockdoc
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

aTmAg said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Pretty generic. All sorts of clothing has that

Yep those are everywhere
aTmAg
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Also looks like a head shot. Nice.
akaggie05
AG
HowdyTAMU said:

TX_COWDOC said:

I think protocol is to cover him until the site is secure or the entire team can move in concert fully surrounding him. In this case, both of these actions happened.

This. Also, the flag-themed barrier in front of the podium is bulletproof. Safest place with an active shooter is behind the barrier with agents on top of him.
BlueTaze
I heard 3 shots from sniper, likely not bolt action. Then what sounded like semi auto return fire killing sniper.

We know bystanders were pointing out sniper to SS for 3 min before he shot. Then the sniper was very quickly shot. Makes you wonder if LEOs/SS had eyes on sniper before he fired.
n_touch
LRHF said:

TX_COWDOC said:

Keeping him down from mor shots and doing a quick assessment to make sure that moving him is safe and wont cause him more harm based on his injuries.
zgolfz85
AG
aTmAg said:

Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Also looks like a head shot. Nice.

The bbc interview guy said they blew his head off, so guessing it's pretty graphic just to the left of that photo
txags92
AG
Yukon Cornelius said:

Not Chinese

Looks Finnish to me.
Rapier108
aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

aTmAg said:

Don't bash the SS in any conspiracy nonsense. That makes us look like idiots. We aren't talking about the FBI here. They shoot the shooter impressively quickly.

After he was pointed out by bystanders for at least two minutes to them. That's the part that's going to fuel the conspiracy theories. The guy on the BBC interview - if he never surfaces again that's going to be really suspicious.
I think he said he pointed it out to policed. Not SS. So I can imagine they aren't all on the same coms together. I imagine the SS is on encrypted coms.

No. He said the SS was specifically watching him with binoculars as he kept pointing to him.
That's like saying a Jimbo was looking specifically at me while I'm in a crowd at kyle field. Just because he's looking in my direction doesn't mean he sees ME. Especially if he has binoculars. By nature, the field of view on binoculars is small.

Did you see the tweet?
Yeah I saw it. To come away with that with some sort of conspiracy theory that the SS saw the guy on the roof let him get a couple shots off, and then said "well you shot enough.. NOW I'm going to kill you" is preposterous.
Everything has to be a conspiracy.

It can't just be some crazy leftist who was programed by the media, social media, and the Democrat Party.
"If you will not fight for right when you can easily win without blood shed; if you will not fight when your victory is sure and not too costly; you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a precarious chance of survival. There may even be a worse case. You may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves." - Sir Winston Churchill
twk
AG
Triangulating from the X posts, this appears to be the building that was the sniper's perch.

In the background to the left, you can see the red building where the Secret Service snipers were perched. I can see where you could be up on this roof, and out of sight of the Secret Service snipers, until you were ready to fire.
FTAG 2000
AG
Schneider Electric said:

They train that way. And the jacket is to cover the protective armor and other weaponry.
LMCane
and I'm so sure that the last 8 months of Biden allowing Hamas to riot and create pogroms all across the country

has had absolutely NOTHING to do with this latest violence...
one safe place
45-70Ag said:

And libs want to know why they've been identified as an enemy.
libs are to real Americans as Hamas is to Israel. Enemies.
aTmAg
AG
Lathspell said:

Schneider Electric said:

Apparently, their attire is supposed to match whoever they are protecting.
It's supposed to be sorta difficult to know exactly who is SS and who is not. Though it's not that hard to tell usually.
TRADUCTOR
Hawkeye is President Trump's code name!
Aggie95
AG
LRHF said:

TX_COWDOC said:

I think he's less secure being moved...they cover until situation is clear
P.H. Dexippus
AG
fightingfarmer09 said:

Could be a BB gun or some air pistol. Definitely didn't sound like anything more than a 22

Definitely "a BB gun or some air pistol"
AggieUSMC
AG
twk said:

Triangulating from the X posts, this appears to be the building that was the sniper's perch.

In the background to the left, you can see the red building where the Secret Service snipers were perched. I can see where you could be up on this roof, and out of sight of the Secret Service snipers, until you were ready to fire.
Still, you're supposed to have any vantage points secured.
LMCane
aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

Science Denier said:

aTmAg said:

UntoldSpirit said:

aTmAg said:

Did you see the tweet?

it's always incompetence

and not a vast conspiracy
JFABNRGR
AG
TxAg82 said:

AtlAg05 said:

Here's the video of the SS sniper possibly returning fire.
You can tell he notices the assassin just before the first shot is fired. That all occurred fast.

His movement behind that rifle and not performing follow through is very odd.
fightingfarmer09
Yesterday said:

Trump needs to talk about the woman who was killed. He needs to say her name and blame Biden and unhinged democrats for this. **** "come together"! **** you liberals.

Mourn those lost. Be defiant in campaigning, but don't make a mistake blaming someone without solid information.
hedge
videoag98
AG
Need a T-Shirt with an American flag saying "Let me get my shoes first"
First Page Last Page
Page 32 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.