Scottie scheffler arrested

61,616 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Bocephus said:

Did your prosecutor father ask the officer if hiding was against the law?
My father never came outside. The whole thing was ridiculous. I was polite and cooperative and the cop lost his ***** I even understood why he could have misconstrued what I did as hiding. It should have ended with him verifying my ID and address matched. And seeing that I had a bowling ball in my hand. Or with my mother confirming I was her son.

That officer later lost his job and got on with another agency.
Tramp96
Ellis Wyatt said:

Bocephus said:

My father never came outside. The whole thing was ridiculous. I was polite and cooperative and the cop lost his ***** I even understood why he could have misconstrued what I did as hiding. It should have ended with him verifying my ID and address matched. And seeing that I had a bowling ball in my hand. Or with my mother confirming I was her son.

Probably the FBI.
BoerneGator
AG
Some people just aren't good interacting with others, and they should not attempt careers as cops, waitresses, teachers, salesmen, etc where constant interaction is a requirement. Supervisors fail when they don't identify and remove these types from public "service".

Meanwhile, Scotty deserves a medal for how he handled this entire situation. Hope he receives full satisfaction for his trouble!
Bocephus
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Bocephus said:

Do you remember why he lost his job?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Ellis Wyatt
Certainly not because of me or I would have heard about that. He was known to be a hothead, but I am not sure I ever heard of anything specific. Could have just been a case of too many strikes against him, like Gillis may be looking at here.
aggietony2010
AG
aggietony2010 said:

12thfoundationag said:

Top golfer in the world arrested for what exactly?

You smell like an account that's going to try to scam people on the ticket forum in a few months.

Well, I was only off on the timeframe.

jjksterag
He shouldn't have bypassed the police but no need to jump on his car and charge him with everything possible.
SwigAg11
AG
jjksterag said:

He shouldn't have bypassed the police but no need to jump on his car and charge him with everything possible.

Weren't there reports that he was following police instructions from other officers present at the scene?
cheeky
AG
BoerneGator said:

Some people just aren't good interacting with others, and they should not attempt careers as cops, waitresses, teachers, salesmen, etc where constant interaction is a requirement. Supervisors fail when they don't identify and remove these types from public "service".

Meanwhile, Scotty deserves a medal for how he handled this entire situation. Hope he receives full satisfaction for his trouble!
Add to that…most airline employees.
Bocephus
AG
SwigAg11 said:

jjksterag said:

Weren't there reports that he was following police instructions from other officers present at the scene?

Yes, and that's what Sheffler immediately told the other officer at the scene. So either he is an inventive liar or he was telling the truth. I believe the latter..
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
DannyDuberstein
AG
Other players received the same instruction he had and successfully entered before him, which backs up his story. Barney Fife Gillis must have shown up in between, was uninformed of the directions or didn't recognize it as a courtesy players car (despite it being clearly marked), and turns the fact he was clueless into an incident
techno-ag
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Other players received the same instruction he had and successfully entered before him, which backs up his story. Barney Fife Gillis must have shown up in between, was uninformed of the directions or didn't recognize it as a courtesy players car (despite it being clearly marked), and turns the fact he was clueless into an incident
The charges never should have been filed. What an embarrassment to this PD. Thank God, if it had to happen, it happened to a man who could afford to fight the system and bring it all to light.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

bthotugigem05
AG
Images have surfaced of the pants damage. Much worse than what we were all thinking.
bthotugigem05
AG

ATX_AG_08
AG
Wait...didn't he go to the hospital for that? Surprised he didn't put in for a medical retirement. Fine use of tax payer dollars right there.
BoerneGator
AG
That hardly qualifies even as a strawberry! Now the pants thing….?
Bocephus
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

So his knee sticks out of his ass?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

Wait...didn't he go to the hospital for that? Surprised he didn't put in for a medical retirement. Fine use of tax payer dollars right there.
As I mentioned upthread it's not unusual for cops to get treatment for minor scratches. It's free with the job, they take advantage (who wouldn't?) Like I said, nothing should be read into this cop's so called "hospitalization."
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

ATX_AG_08
AG
techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

As I mentioned upthread it's not unusual for cops to get treatment for minor scratches. It's free with the job, they take advantage (who wouldn't?) Like I said, nothing should be read into this cop's so called "hospitalization."

Nothing is free. Going to the hospital for that is ridiculous. Getting "treatment" for minor scratches is ridiculous. I wouldn't even take a toddler inside for that injury. Especially since him going to the hospital was used to prop up his side of the story to make it seem like what scottie did was much more egregious than what the video evidence and injury photos now prove to be false.
BoerneGator
AG
techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

It is YOU who loses credibility with such a statement. Such behavior (by this cop) only serves to reinforce an already negative narrative about his conduct/professionalism. Can you not even appreciate this reality?
techno-ag
AG
BoerneGator said:

techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

It is YOU who loses credibility with such a statement. Such behavior (by this cop) only serves to reinforce an already negative narrative about his conduct/professionalism. Can you not even appreciate this reality?
What reality is that? My point to everyone noting the cop hurt himself was that cops get checked out by medical personnel all the time even for minor scratches. Time has shown that this was indeed a minor scratch. The cop would have brushed it off and stuck a bandaid on it had it happened doing yard work.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

techno-ag
AG
ATX_AG_08 said:

techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

Nothing is free. Going to the hospital for that is ridiculous. Getting "treatment" for minor scratches is ridiculous. I wouldn't even take a toddler inside for that injury. Especially since him going to the hospital was used to prop up his side of the story to make it seem like what scottie did was much more egregious than what the video evidence and injury photos now prove to be false.
Agreed. Called it on page 2, I think.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

BoerneGator
AG
techno-ag said:

BoerneGator said:

techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

What reality is that? My point to everyone noting the cop hurt himself was that cops get checked out by medical personnel all the time even for minor scratches. Time has shown that this was indeed a minor scratch. The cop would have brushed it off and stuck a bandaid on it had it happened doing yard work.
The reality that this "public servant" allowed himself to be taken to the hospital for "evaluation" in the first place (if indeed, he didn't instigate it himself)! That's the reality you're ignoring, and the rest of the population is disgusted by; compounded by this "public servant's" behavior that precipitated the entire unnecessary episode to begin with! Your argument that "cops get checked out all the time…" is a straw man. Give it a rest and stop insulting our intelligence.
techno-ag
AG
BoerneGator said:

techno-ag said:

BoerneGator said:

techno-ag said:

ATX_AG_08 said:

The reality that this "public servant" allowed himself to be taken to the hospital for "evaluation" in the first place (if indeed, he didn't instigate it himself)! That's the reality you're ignoring, and the rest of the population is disgusted by; compounded by this "public servant's" behavior that precipitated the entire unnecessary episode to begin with! Your argument that "cops get checked out all the time…" is a straw man. Give it a rest and stop insulting our intelligence.
Dude, do you think I'm on the cop's side on this? Reading comprehension my friend. Go back and see my previous posts.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Logos Stick
He went to the hospital for that?

Lololololololol
BoerneGator
AG
My comprehension is just fine. As are my responses to your posts, but I've obviously missed your intended point of them. Carry on.
ATX_AG_08
AG
PeekingDuck
AG
God, cops are just so ****ing dumb most of the time. It's painful.
Ag06Law
AG
PeekingDuck said:

It's a job that by its nature attracts high school grads with authoritarian streaks. Not all that surprising that a bunch are over aggressive idiots.
BoerneGator
AG
Ag06Law said:

PeekingDuck said:

It's a job that by its nature attracts high school grads with authoritarian streaks. Not all that surprising that a bunch are over aggressive idiots.
To the extent this is an accurate observation, why don't municipalities who employ them mitigate their impact upon the public with some intervention proactively?
Wheatables02
AG
PeekingDuck said:

Yeah there are a as lot of dumb ones. And there are some more intelligent than you and I.
Logos Stick
Question..

When arresting someone for a minor traffic violation, why not cuff his hands in front of him? He's not Anton Chigurh.

Watching that vid, it's a wonder they didn't cause an injury to him trying to cuff him.
BoerneGator
AG
Logos Stick said:

Question..

When arresting someone for a minor traffic violation, why not cuff his hands in front of him?
Racial politics ...won't allow it. Simple as that!
Wheatables02
AG
BoerneGator said:

Logos Stick said:

Question..

When arresting someone for a minor traffic violation, why not cuff his hands in front of him?
Racial politics ...won't allow it. Simple as that!

Departmental policies. And let's say the suspect is an unknown violent offender or wanted violent offender who has identified as someone else…you never know who you're handcuffing a lot of the time…
Bocephus
AG
Logos Stick said:

Question..

When arresting someone for a minor traffic violation, why not cuff his hands in front of him? He's not Anton Chigurh.

Watching that vid, it's a wonder they didn't cause an injury to him trying to cuff him.

Cuffs in the front makes it easier to escape/attack an officer.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.