Scottie scheffler arrested

61,559 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
akm91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think this thread is getting hijacked
bthotugigem05
AG
Just like Scottie Scheffler's arresting officer in Louisville during his famed vehicle attachment
IIIHorn
Bocephus said:

IIIHorn said:

Bocephus said:

Arresting anyone there that day wearing a shirt related to motorcycling is quality police work. They should bankrupt the county

If the riders came on Harley Davidson motorcycles, they would be wearing black.

From my observations, I have assumed that wearing black, like fuel, is a requirement for a Harley to run.

I have never seen otherwise.

I sometimes wear white t-shirts when I ride my Harley if it is hot

You are an anomaly and a rebel.

chap
AG
Is it ok to steer the topic back to Scheffler?

There is a hearing today.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/29/us/scottie-scheffler-court-hearing

Also, this seems significant:
HeardAboutPerio
AG
Far be it from me to know the law, but security guards do not hold the same hierarchy in authority with me. Is that wrong?
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Seems highly likely that charges are going to be dropped today.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AggiePetro07
AG
The first moment a person follows a security guard over the commands of a police officer that freaking idiot cop will have a fit.
Logos Stick
siap

charges will be dropped today

techno-ag
AG
Logos Stick said:

siap

Somebody must have figured out he is rich enough to afford a long, long trial.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Irish 2.0
Logos Stick said:

siap

charges will be dropped today

Hell, Scheffler should take it to trial just out of spite at this point after all the hoops the Police Chief and DA jumped through to try to justify this ***** Sue for damages as this clearly distracted him from the tournament. What was this difference between the purse for the champion and the purse Scottie won? Think that sounds like a good amount on damages. Lets also have a look at the officers financials. Does he have a DraftKings account? Has he ever bet on golf before? Don't forget attorneys fees too!

GAME ON MOTHA TRUCKAS!!
ABATTBQ11
AG
bthotugigem05 said:

Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Bocephus said:

Demosthenes81 said:

Probably used Waco's PD Twin Peaks approach. A buttload of photocopies pre filled
I never checked back on that deal. They ever get any convictions on those 100 people held?

170-people rounded up and held on $1 million dollar bonds and they failed to get a single conviction?

That can't be right, can it?
They were supposedly going to have to do a bond to finance all of the trials so they tried to release people from charges in exchange for agreeing not to sue, but I think there's a big suit coming against McLennan County.

I doubt that any such agreement would hold up in court. "Plaintiff already agreed not to file suit in return for getting his civil rights back," just doesn't seem like a winning argument.
Logos Stick
"if someone tells you to stop, it doesn't matter who it is"

whoever the idiot is talking to Scottie needs to be fired.

BMX Bandit
scheffler could not have handled this any better, start to finish.

he is an all around class act

(even if he is a sip)
Bocephus
AG
chap said:

Is it ok to steer the topic back to Scheffler?

There is a hearing today.
https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2024/05/29/us/scottie-scheffler-court-hearing

Also, this seems significant:

So unless Sheffler is an exceptional liar, he's telling he truth about being confused. I still need to know what "attached" means. He didn't get stuck to the car in a rolled up window or door, which means he put himself in that situation so assault seems like a giant stretch.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
torrid
AG
HeardAboutPerio said:

Far be it from me to know the law, but security guards do not hold the same hierarchy in authority with me. Is that wrong?
That was definitely my take.

From the get go, this has been entirely about Detective Bryan Gillis' ego and authority complex. Scheffler maybe deserves a ticket and fine if anything.
Bocephus
AG
torrid said:

HeardAboutPerio said:

Security guards basically have the same authority as an average citizen. In Texas, they are now considered peace officers so assaulting one does earn a bump to a felony.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
akm91
AG
Sounds like dumbass cop reached into the vehicle as Scheffler drove towards the entrance toValhalla
bobbranco
AG
Cop did not reach Valhalla.
I Am A Critic
torrid said:

HeardAboutPerio said:

From the get go, this has been entirely about Detective Bryan Gillis' ego and authority complex. Scheffler maybe deserves a ticket and fine if anything.
He deserves nothing but to be let go free and clear with any and all charges dropped.
Username checks out.
Bocephus
AG
akm91 said:

Sounds like dumbass cop reached into the vehicle as Scheffler drove towards the entrance toValhalla

We all saw him run up afterwards right? So he wasn't stuck on it and dragged. I guess we will never know exactly what happened.

Appears to me that the officer was unable to think critically and understand that you might have golfers headed to their tee time in a rush. He overreacted to a vehicle driving through and at a MINIMUM contributed to the incident. Even if he was dragged and assaulted, running up and hitting him with the flashlight is cause for termination.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
jrdaustin
AG
BMX Bandit said:

scheffler could not have handled this any better, start to finish.

he is an all around class act

(even if he is a sip)
Actually, when a cop interviewing him in the car tries to tell a professional golfer known world wide that he should stop when ANYONE wearing a yellow vest tells him to stop, the golfer should then politely tell the cop that the police officer has lost credibility in the conversation and is making unreasonable assertions, the interview is over, and that Scottie's attorney will speak for him moving forward.

Sucks that it has to be that way, but the police officer was telling Scottie to do things that could easily put him in mortal danger.
nomad2007
AG
Charges dropped.
Ellis Wyatt
Bocephus said:

akm91 said:

Appears to me that the officer was unable to think critically and understand that you might have golfers headed to their tee time in a rush. He overreacted to a vehicle driving through and at a MINIMUM contributed to the incident. Even if he was dragged and assaulted, running up and hitting him with the flashlight is cause for termination.

You know what happened, and I am sure you have seen it happen before.

I had a cop get so worked up that he argued with my parents that I was not their son. And he knew my parents well...or so he thought. Sometimes, people with tiny manhood overreact to situations they don't control.
Tramp96
Ellis Wyatt said:

Bocephus said:

akm91 said:

I had a cop get so worked up that he argued with my parents that I was not their son. And he knew my parents well...or so he thought. Sometimes, people with tiny manhood overreact to situations they don't control.

Wait...what?

You gotta tell that story.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Crazy plane lady diverts a flight and walks free; Scotty gets drug out of the car on his way to work.

That's life in 2024.
Bocephus
AG
https://www.wsj.com/sports/golf/scottie-scheffler-criminal-charges-pga-championship-louisville-valhalla-eddd38cf?st=2zi3d56b46oco5q&reflink=article_copyURL_share
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Irish 2.0
Cool. Now Let's talk about the hot-headed cop that not only escalated the situation but outright lied on the official police report. Until officers like this guy are tossed off the force, you will never have public trust. If it were someone other than Scottie Scheffler (or a person of massive financial means) in this situation, the results would've been night and day!
Ellis Wyatt
Tramp96 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Wait...what?

The story itself is not particularly interesting. I wasn't even doing anything wrong. The cop just got so mad he was irrational.

When I was a senior in HS, I went bowling with friends. I came home and parked along the curb. I leaned over the back of the truck to retrieve my bowling ball, on the curb side of my truck. A cop happened to be coming down the street at the same time, and when I stood up, he had a spotlight on me. He thought I was hiding from him (I never even saw him, it was just a car coming down the street from what I saw).

He gave me the third degree and then argued with me about who I was because he knew the people who lived in that house and they did not have a son! My parents had heard me pull up and wondered what was taking me so long, so my mom opened the door, they acknowledged knowing each other and my mom said I was her son. He was apoplectic and still made me show my drivers license so he could see the address.

It was BIZARRE! The whole thing took 10 or 15 minutes. Oh, and my dad was also the city prosecutor. And had been for over 20 years.
Viper16
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Crazy plane lady diverts a flight and walks free; Scotty gets drug out of the car on his way to work.

That's life in 2024.
Well.....it's obvious, to the most casual observer, that Scotty is a white, privileged supremacist and guilty as charged!!

Duh!
#FJB

Trump 2024

Ultra-MAGA Cultist :-))

Lex Talionis
justcallmeharry
S
All charges have been dismissed.

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/40240096/charges-dropped-scottie-scheffler-louisville-arrest
If you think I am a liberal, you are incorrect. Assume sarcasm on my part. Sorry if something I post has already been posted.
JB93
Eff cops...all of em. No really, all of them.

Cop #2 here was completely driving a narrative during interview that Scottie disobeyed orders and that "he should stop no matter who gives an order"...so if a crazed transgender comes out wearing a meat dress and tells me to stop then you're saying I should stop??

I can see it now. Cop #1 and #2 are friendly - maybe even have beers and bbq together from time to time. Cop #1 does a dipsheet here and says to his buddy...hey man, I think I screwed up - can you help cover for me - I can't get another write up...I really need this job....you know I got your back when you need it one day. Cop #2 off to destroy regular Joe's life to protect his "brother in law"... only to find out later this isn't a regular Joe who doesn't have limited means to defend himself.

I'm curious how many Cop #2's would validate with Cop #3 up the road that Scottie was instructed to do what he did, then tell their buddy that we aren't doing this and apologize to Scottie and send him on his way knowing that it would likely result in yet another write up of Cop #1 buddy. I bet a majority of Cop #2s would send Scottie down the river just like this ahole we see interviewing Scottie.
'03ag
Irish 2.0 said:

Cool. Now Let's talk about the hot-headed cop that not only escalated the situation but outright lied on the official police report. Until officers like this guy are tossed off the force, you will never have public trust. If it were someone other than Scottie Scheffler (or a person of massive financial means) in this situation, the results would've been night and day!
what did Gillis lie about?
peacedude
AG
peacedude said:

When the charges get dropped, I hope the cop's co-workers play a prank on him by leaving a mannequin on his hood holding on to the wipers.
Release the pranksters!

Bocephus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

I'm okay with firing him or burying him somewhere that he never sees the public bc he is a hothead. I want to know what "attached" was before I call him a liar. He definitely got dragged and skinned his knee. We don't know if he was the cause of that or not.

He brought discredit to the department and technically assaulted Sheffler by hitting him with the flashlight. He used his get out of jail free card with the drunk incident.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Bocephus
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Tramp96 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Wait...what?

The story itself is not particularly interesting. I wasn't even doing anything wrong. The cop just got so mad he was irrational.

When I was a senior in HS, I went bowling with friends. I came home and parked along the curb. I leaned over the back of the truck to retrieve my bowling ball, on the curb side of my truck. A cop happened to be coming down the street at the same time, and when I stood up, he had a spotlight on me. He thought I was hiding from him (I never even saw him, it was just a car coming down the street from what I saw).

He gave me the third degree and then argued with me about who I was because he knew the people who lived in that house and they did not have a son! My parents had heard me pull up and wondered what was taking me so long, so my mom opened the door, they acknowledged knowing each other and my mom said I was her son. He was apoplectic and still made me show my drivers license so he could see the address.

It was BIZARRE! The whole thing took 10 or 15 minutes. Oh, and my dad was also the city prosecutor. And had been for over 20 years.

Did your prosecutor father ask the officer if hiding was against the law?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.