Scottie scheffler arrested

61,617 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
Bocephus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Logos Stick said:

Bocephus said:

Logos Stick said:

Suspended 4 other times for blowing off court.

I did miss it. As long as it is traffic court, it is a non-issue. I don't know how it works in Louisville, but traffic court is in the morning in most cities and officers miss in order to take their kids to school, sleep etc.

Elbow dropping a car is something.

So you get suspended without pay for a non issue? The department seems to think it's an issue.

I was speaking as in a moral turpitude. Missing traffic court is very common bc life gets in the way.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
Open speculation now if the police chief and DA are not dropping the charges against him for racial reasons.

https://revolver.news/2024/05/shocking-update-in-the-scottie-scheffler-saga-two-dei-women-in-power-refuse-to-drop-charges-against-golf-champ/

Quote:

The two women pulling the strings in Louisville seem straight out of the DEI handbook. Based on how everything has unfolded, the police chief and the prosecutor appear to be poster women for choosing charity over excellence.

It appears that Gwinn-Villaroel was chosen to be the chief of police solely for diversity reasons after the city of Louisville suffered a PR disaster with the shooting of Breonna Taylor-a shooting that Ann Coulter has persuasively argued was justified.

When Gwinn-Villaroel was appointed, the New York Times led with this headline: "In a First, Louisville Taps a Black Woman to Lead Its Troubled Police Force."

So, shock of all shocks: it appears that these two women were hired solely to score diversity points in light of the George Floyd "racial reckoning." The death of Floyd is truly the gift that keeps on giving.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Bocephus
AG
techno-ag said:

Open speculation now if the police chief and DA are not dropping the charges against him for racial reasons.

https://revolver.news/2024/05/shocking-update-in-the-scottie-scheffler-saga-two-dei-women-in-power-refuse-to-drop-charges-against-golf-champ/

Quote:

The two women pulling the strings in Louisville seem straight out of the DEI handbook. Based on how everything has unfolded, the police chief and the prosecutor appear to be poster women for choosing charity over excellence.

It appears that Gwinn-Villaroel was chosen to be the chief of police solely for diversity reasons after the city of Louisville suffered a PR disaster with the shooting of Breonna Taylor-a shooting that Ann Coulter has persuasively argued was justified.

When Gwinn-Villaroel was appointed, the New York Times led with this headline: "In a First, Louisville Taps a Black Woman to Lead Its Troubled Police Force."

So, shock of all shocks: it appears that these two women were hired solely to score diversity points in light of the George Floyd "racial reckoning." The death of Floyd is truly the gift that keeps on giving.

I just want to know how you can both "attach" yourself to a car and be a victim?
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Stat Monitor Repairman
Read where someone on that ESPN crew that witnessed the incident said the cop might've tripped and fell.

Might explain why the dude hulk raged.

Explains how he got injured and his pants ripped.

Probably slipped, fell and then took it out on the driver of the PGA courtesy vehicle.

Which happened to be the #1 golfer in the world with ESPN crew right there.

But had this been some groundskeeper or catering guy they'd be in a real mess.

They might get fired
They might not get bonded out of jail
They would surely been arraigned by now
This might be the last straw with their wife and get ****ed in a divorce
They might lose custody of their kid
They might already be on probation and this incident sends them immediately back to jail.
MarkTwain
Looking at the video available since the cop claims he didn't turn on his body camera as required by policy, it appears he struck the driver's window in a hammer fist type manner and could very well caused his minor wrist injury. Zero footage of him being drug or knocked down. If he really just got assaulted and dragged by a car injuring him severe enough to go to the hospital you would think that you would remember to activate his body cam. Most departments have a 30 second prerecord buffer and some up to 90 sec. There is a reason he forgot this was no rookie and he has a lengthy behavior complaint file that appears to be a trend.

Now if his body camera didn't back up the statement of fact on the police report I can see the CYA move would be to claim the officer didn't turn on his camera. Louisville police have effed this thing up badly and have decided to go all in on the the cops word against the accused word. If they take it to court no way a jury based on that video can find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt since this entire thing is based on reasonable doubt.

Wasn't it Louisville police who shot the girl Breonna Taylor In her apartment that had them in hot water a few of years ago? I'm thinking they should be real careful on how far they try to take this lie. Scheffler has zero history of being a hothead or acting as he's being accused, actually quite the opposite and Louisville PD just on a quick google search is riddled with scandals just in the last few years.

I'm guessing the DA doesn't even pursue this and Scheffler isn't the suing type

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Stat Monitor Repairman
Damn look like he smashed the hell outta that windshield then stuck his whole head in the car window. Jerked Scotty out and cuffed his ass while two other people went over to help.

Looks like he hit the windshield with a flashlight so you still gotta wonder how he sustained injuries and messed up his uniform pants.

Surprised it didn't bust the windshield.
Bocephus
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Looking at the video available since the cop claims he didn't turn on his body camera as required by policy, it appears he struck the driver's window in a hammer fist type manner and could very well caused his minor wrist injury. Zero footage of him being drug or knocked down. If he really just got assaulted and dragged by a car injuring him severe enough to go to the hospital you would think that you would remember to activate his body cam. Most departments have a 30 second prerecord buffer and some up to 90 sec. There is a reason he forgot this was no rookie and he has a lengthy behavior complaint file that appears to be a trend.

Now if his body camera didn't back up the statement of fact on the police report I can see the CYA move would be to claim the officer didn't turn on his camera. Louisville police have effed this thing up badly and have decided to go all in on the the cops word against the accused word. If they take it to court no way a jury based on that video can find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt since this entire thing is based on reasonable doubt.

Wasn't it Louisville police who shot the girl Breonna Taylor In her apartment that had them in hot water a few of years ago? I'm thinking they should be real careful on how far they try to take this lie. Scheffler has zero history of being a hothead or acting as he's being accused, actually quite the opposite and Louisville PD just on a quick google search is riddled with scandals just in the last few years.

It is pretty logical that this guy got so angry by Sheffler appearing to ignore his commands, that his first thought was arrest him and not press the body camera to start it. I truly doubt there's body camera footage that they're hiding. It is more likely that there simply is none.

Breonna Taylor was caught in the crossfire between one of her drug dealer boyfriends (there were two), and the Louisville cops that he shot & shot at. She was involved in a drug sale operation and the two most common destinations in that line of work are prison and the cemetery.

They should drop the assault charge bc it says in the report that he attached himself to the car. They probably have to keep the traffic charge on there lest they be accused of playing favorite to a white man.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Irish 2.0
Bocephus said:

It is pretty logical that this guy got so angry by Sheffler appearing to ignore his commands, that his first thought was arrest him and not press the body camera to start it. I truly doubt there's body camera footage that they're hiding. It is more likely that there simply is none.

Breonna Taylor was caught in the crossfire between one of her drug dealer boyfriends (there were two), and the Louisville cops that he shot & shot at. She was involved in a drug sale operation and the two most common destinations in that line of work are prison and the cemetery.

They should drop the ALL charge bc it says in the report that he attached himself to the car. They probably have to keep the traffic charge on there lest they be accused of playing favorite to a white man.

The LPD **** the bed. Do you honestly think he was ignoring an order or that the LEOs on site **** the bed on coms?

Don't LEO goal tend here. Sheffler has been nothing but cooperative and every time we turn around, he's mushroom stamping these dip****s!

Drop the charges and hope the media goes away for a bit.
MarkTwain
Sorry to burst your bubble but the boyfriend Kenneth Walker that was involved wasn't a drug dealer had no criminal record and was licensed to carry. The cops came through the door looking for her previous boyfriend that had left his vehicle that didn't run in the apartment parking lot.

Walker was cleared of all wrongdoing and got two million for his pain and suffering

Breonna Taylor was an EMT and her mom got twelve million for her being unlawfully shot and killed.

The three cops were charged for various crimes including conspiracy to defraud the court for lying to the judge to get the warrant two of the cops are still waiting to be tried. One wound up a mistrial and is facing federal charges.
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Bocephus
AG
Irish 2.0 said:

Bocephus said:

They should drop the ALL charge bc it says in the report that he attached himself to the car. They probably have to keep the traffic charge on there lest they be accused of playing favorite to a white man.

The LPD **** the bed. Do you honestly think he was ignoring an order or that the LEOs on site **** the bed on coms?

Don't LEO goal tend here. Sheffler has been nothing but cooperative and every time we turn around, he's mushroom stamping these dip****s!

If we are talking about what SHOULD have happened, he should have recognized that this was possibly a pro golfer, not attached to the car, and not escalated.

Bc of what happened, they have to do as much damage control as possible and prevent further claims of racial favoritism bc Sheffler did in fact commit a traffic violation which is clear on video.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Bocephus
AG

Sorry to burst your bubble but the boyfriend Kenneth Walker that was involved wasn't a drug dealer had no criminal record and was licensed to carry. The cops came through the door looking for her previous boyfriend that had left his vehicle that didn't run in the apartment parking lot.

Walker was cleared of all wrongdoing and got two million for his pain and suffering

Breonna Taylor was an EMT and her mom got twelve million for her being unlawfully shot and killed.

The three cops were charged for various crimes including conspiracy to defraud the court for lying to the judge to get the warrant two of the cops are still waiting to be tried. One wound up a mistrial and is facing federal charges.

He is a drug dealer, and he shot bc he thought the other drug dealer boyfriend was the one coming through the door (despite the fact that the police announced on a no-knock warrant).

Taylor was fired as a nurse for stealing meds. She was involved in drug distribution. She drove cash and drugs from point A to point B. The cops came through the door to run a search warrant to look for ledgers, drugs, etc.

Cities paying out money to the families of drug dealers does not prove innocence. That Louisville caved to the mob surprises no one. That is reality, you can believe what you want.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
techno-ag
AG
Bocephus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Bocephus said:

If we are talking about what SHOULD have happened, he should have recognized that this was possibly a pro golfer, not attached to the car, and not escalated.

Bc of what happened, they have to do as much damage control as possible and prevent further claims of racial favoritism bc Sheffler did in fact commit a traffic violation which is clear on video.
At what he thought was at the officer's direction? Either way not a felony.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

DannyDuberstein
AG
Bocephus said:

Irish 2.0 said:

Bocephus said:

He was following the direction of another officer. He was directed to use the shoulder to get to that player entrance that he turned onto, just like a number of players had already been directed that morning

You're LE, right? So it's a traffic violation on my part if one officer tells me to go a certain way, I follow that direction, and then another uninformed officer decides he doesn't like it? Or are you just another uninformed LE like this 2nd cop?
mslags97
AG

This is missing a bunch of the facts…. Taylor was fired for stealing drugs from the hospital…. And both ex and current were believed to be dealers having a beef with each other.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Amazing that they dug their heels in on this.

Chief and mayor should have immediately apologized and nullified the whole deal.

Same day they come out with a statement that it was an unfortunate misunderstanding by all parties involved, we regret that it happened.

But no. more than a week in and these idiots wanna die on this hill. This problem got 'em tied up in knots. It's just too big for them.

And it's not just Louisville either. Same result if this happened in some other location.
DannyDuberstein
AG
Yep, I find the lack of sanity afterward even more disturbing than a dumbass cop losing his temper.
Irish 2.0
Typical back the blue bull**** from you. Bet you still believe Angela West was drunk and the lying sacks of crap you so ardently defended were in the right and did nothing wrong.
Logos Stick
It's DEI.
txaggie_08
AG
Bocephus is the Blue. Of course his responses are going to be with a Blue favored tint.
techno-ag
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Chief and mayor should have immediately apologized and nullified the whole deal.

Same day they come out with a statement that it was an unfortunate misunderstanding by all parties involved, we regret that it happened.

But no. more than a week in and these idiots wanna die on this hill. This problem got 'em tied up in knots. It's just too big for them.

And it's not just Louisville either. Same result if this happened in some other location.
It apparently has become a racial issue, reminiscent of the Duke Lacrosse Team fake rape allegations. Local DA there refused to dismiss until he was finally disbarred.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.

Stat Monitor Repairman
Scotty made $20M this year playing golf.

Be tempting to peel off a cool million and dedicate it to wrecking ass of anyone involved.

But then again the dude is in the business of playing golf and not dealing with ****birds in Louisville. So that's the real problem you got.

Even if you got f-you money it still ain't worth wasting an ounce of energy on this issue. But he's stuck in it.

Dude trying to go to work at 5am and now got this tar-baby dropped in his lap.
turfman80
AG
The lack of common sense these days is depressing. The police department should just drop this whole episode.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Blue city DAs know that if they exercise prosecutorial discretion that Soros money might dry up.
Bocephus
AG

Disagree. A lot of places would have immediately apologized and dropped everything even if the officer was not at fault. I can understand (to an extent bc of the claims of bias towards white men) why they would stick with the traffic violation. I do not know Louisville PD general orders or their rules but I do not imagine that attaching to a vehicle is allowed. In most places that would nullify the assault charge.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
DannyDuberstein
AG
What traffic violation? Another cop sent him that way, just like they already sent other golfers before him.
Bocephus
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

What traffic violation? Another cop sent him that way, just like they already sent other golfers before him.

If that was indeed the case, then there was no traffic violation. He just has to prove that at traffic court. Maybe that officer had his body camera on.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
DannyDuberstein
AG
Bocephus said:

DannyDuberstein said:

If that was indeed the case, then there was no traffic violation. He just has to prove that at traffic court. Maybe that officer had his body camera on.

The arresting officer did not have his camera activated, which has already been called out as a violation of policy by their mayor. Several players also said they were given the same direction as scottie.

Maybe they should have the guts to admit they ****ed up. The burden of proof is on them. You guys seem to have a lot of trouble admitting mistakes. A citizen shouldn't have to waste his time and money dealing with weasels abusing their power that are too prideful to back down when wrong
DannyDuberstein
AG
It's pretty clear to anyone with a lick of common sense what happened here.
BMX Bandit
The lack of empathy you are showing towards those pants is unsettling.
DannyDuberstein
AG
BMX Bandit said:

The lack of empathy you are showing towards those pants is unsettling.

I'm pretty sure we could scrounge up enough Kohls coupons to make him whole
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

Gillis did, however, receive a commendation for being among seven officers who went "above and beyond" the call of duty in a "high-intensity traffic enforcement detail" that "culminated in you issuing a staggering 108 citations (114 charges, 1 DUI arrest) out of 201 citations issued during the four-hour operational period" on Sept. 16, 2021.
Officer involved got a commendation medal for issuing 108 tickets in four-hours back in '21.
MarkTwain
If anyone was paying attention the DA has stated publicly that if it crosses his desk he has no desire to pursue it based on the video evidence he has seen and agrees that it was a big misunderstanding
Demosthenes81
AG

Quote:

Gillis did, however, receive a commendation for being among seven officers who went "above and beyond" the call of duty in a "high-intensity traffic enforcement detail" that "culminated in you issuing a staggering 108 citations (114 charges, 1 DUI arrest) out of 201 citations issued during the four-hour operational period" on Sept. 16, 2021.
Officer involved got a commendation medal for issuing 108 tickets in four-hours back in '21.

The MF Barnes of law enforcement.
DannyDuberstein
AG

If anyone was paying attention the DA has stated publicly that if it crosses his desk he has no desire to pursue it based on the video evidence he has seen and agrees that it was a big misunderstanding

Where? He was just in court on Monday arguing against postponing the arraignment because he thought it was favorable treatment. He wants Scheffler to be arraigned in person since it is a felony and he wasn't a fan of it being pushed to June 3rd.
Bocephus
AG
DannyDuberstein said:

Bocephus said:

DannyDuberstein said:

The arresting officer did not have his camera activated, which has already been called out as a violation of policy by their mayor. Several players also said they were given the same direction as scottie.

Maybe they should have the guts to admit they ****ed up. The burden of proof is on them. You guys seem to have a lot of trouble admitting mistakes. A citizen shouldn't have to waste his time and money dealing with weasels abusing their power that are too prideful to back down when wrong

I was talking about the other cop who sent him that way. You are correct that the burden of proof is on the officer. The issue is that the video clearly shows Sheffler driving out of the path. So that is easy to prove, which is why Sheffler needs to convince the judge that he was instructed to do that.

As I said, the officer should have been able to think critically and realized that this was likely a golfer. Unfortunately that did not happen and we are where we are. It will be interesting to see where this ends up.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.