Scottie scheffler arrested

61,608 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
Ellis Wyatt
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AggieT said:

I assume that had the body camera been turned on it would have recorded the inside of a yellow rain jacket.
But it wasn't. In violation of protocol.

That cop is a ****ing psycho. As we suspected from the start.
IIIHorn

I'm surprised he hasn't been charged for drag racing.

AggieT
AG
Oh, I agree. Just pointing out that their policy should also include not covering the camera.
Demosthenes81
AG
Does anyone else think that the Mayor, DA and police are hoping to kick this to a grandjury or trial to avoid racism accusations?
Tramp96
Irish 2.0 said:

Louisville police officer violated protocols during Scottie Scheffler arrest by failing to turn on bodycam

Quote:

An officer with the Louisville Metro Police Department received "corrective action" after an internal investigation into the arrest of two-time major winner Scottie Scheffler revealed that the officer did not follow proper protocols by failing to turn on his body camera.

Louisville Police Chief Jacquelyn Gwinn-Villaroel announced Thursday morning, in a joint press conference with Louisville Mayor Craig Greenberg, that Detective Bryan Gillis was counseled by his supervisor after an investigation found that he did not turn on his body-worn camera, as he was required to.

"Detective Gillis should have turned on his body-worn camera, but did not. His failure to do so is a violation of the LMPD policy on uniforms and equipment, subject category body worn camera," Gwinn-Villaroel said.

"We understand the seriousness of the failure to capture this interaction, which is why our officer has received corrective action for this policy violation. This corrective action has been notated on a performance observation form, which is in line with our disciplinary protocol and practices. We respect the judicial process, and we will allow the course to proceed accordingly. We will not be able to make any further statements as relates to this matter."
As of now, not dismissing the felony charge. A half-whit defense attorney could destroy this cop on the stand in cross. "You were formally repremanded for failure to follow procedures and protocols; How often do you ignore procedures and protocols? You expect this jury to believe this was a one off? Have their been any complaints filed where your body cam wasn't on? Or before the body cam was required?"

The DA needs to drop this and apologize.
I don't think failing to turn on the body cam is the only protocol he failed to follow. I'm pretty sure attaching oneself to a car (assuming that was done behind the bus before we see the car emerge in the video) is not a proper protocol either, TJ Hooker.
jagvocate
AG
Cop LIED. Felony charges for him to teach other cops in the department a lesson. Only way blue will learn.

HTownAg98
jagvocate said:

Cop LIED. Felony charges for him to teach other cops in the department a lesson. Only way blue will learn.
Oh you sweet summer child...
clobby
AG
jagvocate said:

This.
Dawnguard
AG
Those in a position of public trust should be held to task in a harsh manner when that trust is violated.

Fair punishment? Whatever the trumped up charges he accused Scottie of, cop is now on the line for with an enhancement.

The typical civilian has zero power to combat this kind of abuse.
CyclingAg82
AG
IIIHorn said:

Yeah, in the officers mind - he was probably living a scene from F&F, tires spinning, donuts....bad guy in his sights.
CyclingAg82
AG
Demosthenes81 said:

Does anyone else think that the Mayor, DA and police are hoping to kick this to a grandjury or trial to avoid racism accusations?
Couldn't be racism, as Gillis is a white officer.
BMX Bandit
CyclingAg82 said:

Demosthenes81 said:

Couldn't be racism, as Gillis is a white officer.

Racism for letting the white man go free.
Bocephus
AG
Logos Stick said:

I'm not defending the cop here but...

We don't see it until he's made his turn and the cop is running after him. Perhaps the knock down and drag occurred earlier?

I still don't see how Scottie was endangering anyone.

Looks to me like the cop did a flying elbow drop onto the car
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Logos Stick
Some info on the cop

Ellis Wyatt
Without knowing what a Code 3 is, I am assuming he was trying to make a drunk guy throw up. Dick.
AggieT
AG
He had probably just watched Super Troopers. Seems like a Farva type.
Logos Stick
Ellis Wyatt said:

Without knowing what a Code 3 is, I am assuming he was trying to make a drunk guy throw up. Dick.

If you drill into the thread, the dude has been suspended numerous times without pay.
techno-ag
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

Without knowing what a Code 3 is, I am assuming he was trying to make a drunk guy throw up.
Code 3 usually means lights and sirens activated, I think.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

techno-ag
AG
Logos Stick said:

Some info on the cop

It'll all come out at trial if they want to go that far. At least a successful pro golfer can afford the attorney fees for however long they want to drag this out.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

A_Gang_Ag_06
AG
AggieT said:

He had probably just watched Super Troopers. Seems like a Farva type.

This whole thing sounds like Super Troopers.

TommyBrady
AG
This guy had to be an E-5 in the army at some point. I'm guessing some dumbass MOS
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Logos Stick said:

Some info on the cop

This is gonna get juicy.

Scottie is a pretty spotless guy and handled it calmly (from what he said and we have seen).

This cop is a hothead. Louisville PD about to find out they are less popular than millionaires playing golf. And the PGA will never return to Valhalla (for multiple reasons but this is the icing on the cake).

Irish 2.0
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Logos Stick said:

Some info on the cop

This is gonna get juicy.

Scottie is a pretty spotless guy and handled it calmly (from what he said and we have seen).

This cop is a hothead. Louisville PD about to find out they are less popular than millionaires playing golf. And the PGA will never return to Valhalla (for multiple reasons but this is the icing on the cake).

Don't try to **** a popular guy that is, by all known accounts, a standup guy and great person.

4chan will ruin you and the Twitter mobs will make sure the news is spread wide and far.
IIIHorn
CyclingAg82 said:

IIIHorn said:

Yeah, in the officers mind - he was probably living a scene from F&F, tires spinning, donuts....bad guy in his sights.

Before being dragged.

Bocephus
AG
Logos Stick said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

If you drill into the thread, the dude has been suspended numerous times without pay.

What did I miss? He's been suspended once for 5 days for apparently trying to make a drunk puke in his squad car (stupid move bc you have to clean it up). The rest were oral and written reprimands.

Code 3 is driving fast with lights & sirens on.

From afar, he would appear to have some temperament issues.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
Secolobo
AG
So the pro Palestine protestors at tu were arrested and not charged but Scottie was arrested and still charged....
Let that sink in.
captkirk
AG
Logos Stick said:

Some info on the cop

Its the cop from Superbad?
Logos Stick
Suspended 4 other times for blowing off court.
IIIHorn
Secolobo said:

So the pro Palestine protestors at tu were arrested and not charged but Scottie was arrested and still charged....
Let that sink in.

Bocephus
AG
Logos Stick said:

I did miss it. As long as it is traffic court, it is a non-issue. I don't know how it works in Louisville, but traffic court is in the morning in most cities and officers miss in order to take their kids to school, sleep etc.

Elbow dropping a car is something.
TAMU ‘98 Ole Miss ‘21
akm91
AG
C'mon man....

Logos Stick
Bocephus said:

Logos Stick said:

I did miss it. As long as it is traffic court, it is a non-issue. I don't know how it works in Louisville, but traffic court is in the morning in most cities and officers miss in order to take their kids to school, sleep etc.

Elbow dropping a car is something.

So you get suspended without pay for a non issue? The department seems to think it's an issue.
fc2112
Irish 2.0
Fake account. Look how "TOUR" is spelled on the @ handle.
bigjag19
AG
PGA would never tweet that anyway.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.