Scottie scheffler arrested

61,566 Views | 472 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by ShaggySLC
bobbranco
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
He's in 3rd place at the moment.
IIIHorn
Cen-Tex said:

NIL claim perhaps

Underrated post.

Reality Check
Barnyard96 said:

School colors. He's a sip if you need help with that one.

They couldn't find one in green?
Author of the TexAgs Post of The Day - May 31, 2024

How do I get a Longhorn tag?
aTm2004
AG
You have to feel for Scottie on this. Just an overall embarrassing thing to happen to him through no fault of his own. Following the PGA's directions and entering as he's done his entire professional life and then has to deal with Officer Doofy Hightower out there overreacting. That mugshot will follow him around his whole life and I hope he finds a way to monetize it and turn it into a joke.

The good thing is it doesn't look like it's phased him as he's 5 under today the last I looked. I just hope he comes out in a Rickie Fowler orange shirt and pants on Sunday.
IIIHorn
policywonk98 said:

C@LAg said:

not sure this is newsworthy, but OK.

not really political.

not really something to be outraged about.

I don't necessarily disagree in part, but if this isn't newsworthy than most police stories that get posted on here are not newsworthy.

I agree it's not political. But again, most police stories posted on here are not political or at least should not be political.

But this forum is also a discussion forum of world news, it's in the subtitle of the forum.

And if a multimillionaire professional athlete that is at the top of his sport getting arrested on his way to their sports equivalent of a playoff/championship game isn't a newsworthy event, I guess I don't know what a newsworthy event would be. I mean, it wasn't that he was temporarily detained until things were sorted out. The man was booked in jail.

C@L was just assisting with thread traffic.

aTm2004
AG
IndividualFreedom said:

On a serious note, does the #1 golfer in the world drive himself places?
A lot of them do. I remember several years ago when Mickelson was on his streak, they were playing a tournament at the course near his house in California, and the cameras followed him driving up to the clubhouse in his S-class, hopping out like a baller while on the phone with his bookie.
IIIHorn
bobbranco said:

He seems to be as effective with jail breaks as he is at reading green breaks.

aTm2004
AG
When I was at A&M, I was driving one Friday night to meet my dad for dinner in Montgomery, and as I was passing the football stadium on 105, cops were out there directing traffic with their flashlights with the orange cones. As I was approaching, the cop started waving me on, so I went. As I got near him, he started yelling at me, so I stopped and rolled my window down. He angrily walked up to my window and began yelling "I told you to stop!" and telling me how I could be arrested for endangering his life, and I told him he was waving his wand for me to go. He went "No I was..." then it hit him that he was. He told me it was my lucky day or something and told me to go.
aTm2004
AG
Fireman
AG
Maybe he could wear a bail bondsman cap on Sunday.....sounds like a great sponsorship opportunity.
techno-ag
AG
IIIHorn said:

bobbranco said:

He seems to be as effective with jail breaks as he is at reading green breaks.

He teed off the officer but kept on driving.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

aTm2004
AG
Spieth out there catching strays

Reality Check

Turns out he also stole. And robbed. And kidnapped the president's son. And held him for ransom.
And he never got caught, neither.
Author of the TexAgs Post of The Day - May 31, 2024

How do I get a Longhorn tag?
IIIHorn
aTm2004 said:

Spieth out there catching strays

He still has his jail shank.

Bryanisbest
AG
C@LAg said:

not sure this is newsworthy, but OK.

not really political.

not really something to be outraged about.

The guy is a Conservative Christian. If you don't know why give it a little time. The MSM won't like this guy at all. Wait for it . .
IIIHorn

Did the officer notice the hooker?

Space-Tech
Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

Kvetch said:

agsalaska said:

BMX Bandit said:

major misunderstanding happened, louisville police made a mountain out of a mole hill.

charges will all be dropped, or he will plea to the "not following directions" charge or whatever it was called.

The kind of major misunderstanding that happens every day all over the country and ruins countless lives.

There's ton of other professional golfers who have been waved through at the golf course of an PGA major and have a rogue cop jump on their car and then charge them with assault?

That's crazy. Maybe the police are the problem.
100% the problem. They earn and deserve every ounce of criticism they receive.

Guess you'd better not call them when you have a problem. Or have them patrol your neighborhood for crime.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan
PERSON - WOMAN - MAN - CAMERA - TV
jja79
AG
Ellis Wyatt said:

If Valhalla doesn't present the winner of the tournament with an orange jump suit from now on, they're not serious people.
Wouldn't be surprised if Valhalla is dropped from the rotation.
93MarineHorn
jja79 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

If Valhalla doesn't present the winner of the tournament with an orange jump suit from now on, they're not serious people.
I don't understand why Valhalla would be blamed for what happened. Terrible accident and then misunderstanding between local police and Scheffler. How are they responsible? They can't tell the cops what to do.
Danny Vermin
The PGA will put pressure on them to drop all charges. No way they will sacrifice the amount of money it brings to the economy of that State. They should say if you don't, we will never come back for any tournament.
Tramp96
93MarineHorn said:

jja79 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

I don't understand why Valhalla would be blamed for what happened. Terrible accident and then misunderstanding between local police and Scheffler. How are they responsible? They can't tell the cops what to do.

When you have overzealous cops outside the gates mishandling a situation as badly as this one did, why would you want to come back to that venue?

jja79
AG
Not a good look for the club or city and the PGA Championship has options. I was just stating my opinion.
93MarineHorn
Tramp96 said:

93MarineHorn said:

jja79 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

When you have overzealous cops outside the gates mishandling a situation as badly as this one did, why would you want to come back to that venue?

It's kind of a "one off" situation and Valhalla was not at fault. I don't think the cops are going to be gunning for other players or fans in the future. I agree that Valhalla needs to go on PR blitz and put pressure on the cops assuming that Sheffler didn't do anything egregiously wrong.
techno-ag
AG
IIIHorn said:

Did the officer notice the hooker?

The cop sure acted like TJ Hooker, jumping on the car and all.
I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris

Vote for Trump.
He took a bullet for America.

Tramp96
93MarineHorn said:

Tramp96 said:

93MarineHorn said:

jja79 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

It's kind of a "one off" situation and Valhalla was not at fault. I don't think the cops are going to be gunning for other players or fans in the future. I agree that Valhalla needs to go on PR blitz and put pressure on the cops assuming that Sheffler didn't do anything egregiously wrong.

But the next time there is a PGA event there, much less a major, all anyone will talk about is this stupid incident. Valhalla will always be associated with it because it happened there. Unfortunately one off incidents have long lasting staying power.
fc2112
I'm surprised one of his brother cops didn't wave this guy off and save him from himself.

Mayor of Louisville right now...

Fat Black Swan
AG
zephyr88 said:

Officer Gillis is a man who takes his job very seriously.

Of course the cop is named Gillis. Makes it even more hilarious.
oysterbayAG
AG
Meanwhile hoards of criminals are pouring across our border ! Also, the cop is claiming he was injured after he found out Scotty is very rich and would like a nice chunk of his winnings ?
TommyBrady
AG
zephyr88 said:

Officer Gillis is a man who takes his job very seriously.

That dude had to be in the army. I'd bet my life he has/had a dependapotamus
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Bryanisbest said:

The guy is a Conservative Christian. If you don't know why give it a little time. The MSM won't like this guy at all. Wait for it . .
You must be new to the Oppression Olympics: at the very tippy top you have, for example, a Black, atheist, transman who is a gay guy trapped in a woman's body and supports a Free Palestine.

WAY down the list are conservative Christian white guys.

But below them are cops.

Remember, children: the most oppressed person in any interaction is always in the right.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event-traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."
Sounds like this guy was a detective that was pissed because he got put on traffic duty at 5am.

Probably thought he was above working that shift and decided that the way to get out of that duty to was to tackle a moving vehicle and effect an arrest.

So 5am flashing lights and irregular traffic patterns and a cop trys to tackle a moving vehicle and injures himself in the process.

But at no point did reason or any sort of judgment prevail. Nobody took the initiiave to sort out what happened and the cop response was to take a PGA player showing up at 5am to jail.

Thats life in 2024.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Quote:

The officer who attempted to stop Scheffler wasn't part of the regular event-traffic detail at Valhalla Golf Club, "so that's where the miscommunication arose."
Sounds like this guy was a detective that was pissed because he got put on traffic duty at 5am.
He is an accident scene investigator, hence the "detective" part. It's an important role, occasionally, when facts are in dispute. Seems he wasn't needed here, though, so he ends up playing crossing guard.

The cops here, as they often do, seemed to want an insane perimeter around the actual accident scene, which was nowhere close to where Scheffler got arrested.

Example: there was an officer involved shooting in my neighborhood last fall. Dude was terrorizing his former live-in companion (i.e., "babymama"), struck her vehicle with his car, brandished a weapon, and knocked out her car window with a crowbar. Cop shows up and orders him to stop, so natch he pulls out his gun and shoots the cop, who then shoots him in the head. GAME OVER.

Whole thing was over in 30 seconds, so the scene investigators shut down multiple city blocks for NINE HOURS while at least 25 cops stood guard living they best life, getting paid overtime for doing a whole lot of not jack squat.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
agsalaska
AG
93MarineHorn said:

Tramp96 said:

93MarineHorn said:

jja79 said:

Ellis Wyatt said:

Misunderstanding?

That sorry piece of **** pig arrested him. ARRESTED
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.

Elko is a loser and we will be buying him out for some obscene amount of money in two years. - Agsalaska

IIIHorn

"Bogie at Six O'Clock!"

aggie93
AG
YokelRidesAgain said:

Bryanisbest said:

You must be new to the Oppression Olympics: at the very tippy top you have, for example, a Black, atheist, transman who is a gay guy trapped in a woman's body and supports a Free Palestine.

WAY down the list are conservative Christian white guys.

But below them are cops.

Remember, children: the most oppressed person in any interaction is always in the right.
Not if it's a black cop shooting a white unarmed woman in the Capitol. Then they get medals.
"The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help."

Ronald Reagan

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.