No thread about Kristi Noem?

23,084 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
Funky Winkerbean
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
They also won't take any dogs with pit bull mix. I called about some strays and was promptly told they won't even pick them up.
bobbranco
AG
Here you go Nancies. It's a tear jerker. A feel good story.

aggiehawg
AG
CanyonAg77 said:

MouthBQ98 said:

If your dog kills your chickens, that's 100% your own fault. Not the fault of the dog or the chickens. It's not that hard to arrange for your animals to be properly contained.

Twenty or thirty years ago when this happened, farm/ranch dogs were expected to roam outside, no fences. Sure as heck weren't house dogs. I don't know how big the Noam place was, but if I had a section or two of land, I wouldn't expect my dogs to be fenced in.
Go back a several years before that and the attitude was if the dog wasn't gonna work, ir wasn't gonna eat. If your coon dog would not tree a coon, blam.

But when it comes to protecting chickens, have some guineas nearby. They'll squawk so loudly if they sense danger will wake everyone up in the middle of the night.
bobbranco
AG
Chicken tied to the dog works!

Teslag
AG
ShotOver said:

Love all the self proclaimed "farmers" on here.

You are surprised that a messaged board of one of the most prominent Agriculture schools on earth might have a lot of farmers and ranchers on it?
Wyoming Aggie
AG
Teslag said:

ShotOver said:

You are surprised that a messaged board of one of the most prominent Agriculture schools on earth might have a lot of farmers and ranchers on it?

I think I'm more shocked to see handles like "Urban Ag" and "Telsa Ag" speak to the ways of the farmer/rancher.

Goes to show you can't judge a poster by their handle.
93MarineHorn
I can't believe all the pearl clutching over a rancher putting down a problem dog. "Babe" must have seemed like a horror movie at the beginning to you guys.
nai06
AG
jt2hunt said:

This is a nothing story. City folk will never understand.

What percentage of the voting population are city folk vs country folk?

It doesn't matter how you feel about her killing a dog, but you'd be crazy to not understand the political implications of putting this in a book.
Teslag
AG
Wyoming Aggie said:

Teslag said:

ShotOver said:

I think I'm more shocked to see handles like "Urban Ag" and "Telsa Ag" speak to the ways of the farmer/rancher.

Goes to show you can't judge a poster by their handle.

LIke many A&M graduates, some of us were raised in small towns and moved on. But we still remember where we came from.
aggiehawg
AG
93MarineHorn said:

I can't believe all the pearl clutching over a rancher putting down a problem dog. "Babe" must have seemed like a horror movie at the beginning to you guys.
Same as City Slickers when Curly put down a cow in distress having trouble giving birth to "Norman."
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MouthBQ98 said:
If your dog kills your chickens, that's 100% your own fault. Not the fault of the dog or the chickens. It's not that hard to arrange for your animals to be properly contained.
CanyonAg77 said:

Twenty or thirty years ago when this happened, farm/ranch dogs were expected to roam outside, no fences. Sure as heck weren't house dogs. I don't know how big the Noam place was, but if I had a section or two of land, I wouldn't expect my dogs to be fenced in.
Go back a several years before that and the attitude was if the dog wasn't gonna work, ir wasn't gonna eat. If your coon dog would not tree a coon, blam.

But when it comes to protecting chickens, have some guineas nearby. They'll squawk so loudly if they sense danger will wake everyone up in the middle of the night.
For the run of the mill rural living individual that has some property and perhaps improves pasture, raises cattle, maybe some personal birds....... This individual lives by a code and others around him do the same.

1. Leave a gate the way you found it.
2. Help your neighbor
3. Don't have animals that jack with others or your own.

Also, these rural individuals are going to let their birds free range for proteins. It is tough enough keeping the coyotes and hawks off of them, much less having some troublesome neighbor dog around.
drcrinum
2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

I once had a dog that went after the neighbors' chickens. I had to take him to the dog pound, which basically meant he eventually was going to be exterminated...nobody in a rural area wants a chicken killing dog.
Nobody wants one running freely
You've never lived in a rural area with acerage, have you? Dogs are for protection. They take care of the snakes, coons, possums, armadillos, and skunks, keep the deer and rabbits out of your garden (to some degree at least), and sound the alarm whenever strangers or cars come on your property.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

It doesn't matter how you feel about her killing a dog, but you'd be crazy to not understand the political implications of putting this in a book.

Reasonable people can understand what she did beyond a third grade level. Her constituents understand. It's the virtue signaling types that don't. But keep pretending you have an open mind and being judgmental of things you know nothing about.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

Reasonable people can understand what she did beyond a third grade level. Her constituents understand. It's the virtue signaling types that don't. But keep pretending you have an open mind and being judgmental of things you know nothing about.

I'm failing to see what Nai said is incorrect. Sure, most of her constituents understand exactly what she's talking about but there are tens of millions of people that won't understand. Politically speaking, it's not a good look if she plans to be a political figure outside of rural states like the Dakotas.
bobbranco
AG
nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

Not surprised that people like you become distressed.
jt2hunt
AG
nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

Someone is going to vote for Biden instead of Trump because the vP put a dog down. Ok
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
captkirk said:

Whoever advised her to put that in the book, was completely tone deaf

It was very "Clayton Williams" of her.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
Wyoming Aggie
AG
jt2hunt said:

nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

Someone is going to vote for Biden instead of Trump because the vP put a dog down. Ok

Can't see why they wouldn't. People crucified Pence for his stances.
Funky Winkerbean
AG
Wyoming Aggie said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

I'm failing to see what Nai said is incorrect. Sure, most of her constituents understand exactly what she's talking about but there are tens of millions of people that won't understand. Politically speaking, it's not a good look if she plans to be a political figure outside of rural states like the Dakotas.

She's a virtuous person who felt compelled to show vulnerability to people. That's an admirable trait that gives her street cred with people who think and act similarly. These attempts to fault her for including this in a book says more about you than her. She's virtuous, and others are attempting to appear virtuous by attacking her for it. It's what the left does because they can be proud of the accomplishments of this administration. Shallow and childlike.
aggiehawg
AG
So it was okay for Obama to eat a dog as long as he didn't kill it himself?
Science Denier
AG
Wyoming Aggie said:

jt2hunt said:

nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

Can't see why they wouldn't. People crucified Pence for his stances.
"People" will crucify anyone with an ((R). You have to be able to withstand that. Makes it much harder for Republicans, but that's just the way it is.

This is the very reason our (R) leadership became such a doormat. They were afraid of being "crucified".
LOL OLD
agsalaska
AG
This thread just makes me hate white liberals even more.

I'm late to the thread but I have an uncle that lives about as deep in the woods as you can between Bryan and Bastrop. We were at his house butchering hogs several years ago and I couldn't help but notice how good his dogs were. They didn't snap at the children, try to steal meat, mess with the chickens, nothing.

I asked I said 'Uncle Cotton how come your dogs are so good?'

He said without looking up from the grinder 'cause I shoot all the bad ones'

I could not come up with a more logical solution
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
bobbranco
AG
agsalaska said:

He said without looking up from the grinder 'cause I shoot all the bad ones'

Dr. Pol's method.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I encourage anyone outraged by this to go to their local animal shelter and let them know you will accept any dog into your home that has previously mauled or killed other farm animals or humans. Walk the walk.

We both know you won't because you are a hypocrite and just pretending to be outraged to score political points.
Sid Farkas
AG
It's a domesticated dog, not a coyote or a chicken or a goldfish.

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.
jt2hunt
AG
Sid Farkas said:

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.

Disagree
agsalaska
AG
I completely disagree with that. Some dogs need to be shot, domesticated or not.

People who think this way are the reason other people get hurt by dogs.
The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you never know if they are genuine. -- Abraham Lincoln.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Sid Farkas said:

There are a lot of agencies, but they have networks and there are quite a few that won't put up with a potential wild card dog. Too much liability.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
SA68AG
AG
I wish Noem would suddenly turn against Trump.

I 'd love to hear Trump begin to refer to her as " Kristi the Dog Killer" (and you know he would !) and read the reactions on this board.

That would be high comedy for weeks.
zephyr88
AG
Why do people like to throw dirt on themselves? Why would she even bring that up - unless she thought someone would throw it in her face when she ran for office. But... she's already in office.

Some people just have the dumbs.
jt2hunt
AG
This is stupid,
bobbranco
AG
Sid Farkas said:

Extreme measures sadly must be used to cull the bad animals. Sorry.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
zephyr88 said:

Why do people like to throw dirt on themselves? Why would she even bring that up - unless she thought someone would throw it in her face when she ran for office. But... she's already in office.

Some people just have the dumbs.

Because part of being a politician is having no self awareness or ability to read a room.
Artorias
AG
Pretty obvious in this thread who does not, or has not, lived in the country.
bobbranco
AG
LOL. Our very own DB took to X to slander TexAgs.

Quote:

Meanwhile, on the TexAgs Politics Board any discussion of the Noem dog killing controversy has been, well, suppressed. Here's what happened to the only thread that tried to reference it.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.