No thread about Kristi Noem?

23,128 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
B-1 83
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I don't think dogs should be treated like farm animals

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
Infection_Ag11
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?

More humans on earth eat dog, or live in cultures that find it acceptable, than don't.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CanyonAg77
AG
PuryearFratDaddy said:

A related aside as you first must know where the farm animals come from to understand where they eventually go…

You get white milk from those cows. Chocolate milk cows are from brown eggs.
TxAG#2011
Teslag said:

TxAG#2011 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Jeez that's sadistic. I wouldn't vote for her on that alone.
I've seen your posting history.

You wouldn't vote for anyone with an (R) after their name

Not all of us will just blindly vote for whatever politician based on their party affiliation

Based on your posting history you would
Not going to lie it's very weird you'd look up someone's posting history here to prove a point.

I don't care about you enough to look up your posting history, nor anyone else on this board.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Im actually pleasantly surprised that anyone read this book in the first place.

I was concerned that these were just money laundering operations slash legal ways to pay politicians after or during their stint in office.

Glad to see the fourth estate is driving home what really matters to people.

Not like Hunter Biden's laptop -- not that stuff. No one cares about that stuff..., but Kristy Noem killing a dog a decade ago. That's where they really dig deep when it's needed. Telling the real, important stories.
MooreTrucker
AG
Sid Farkas said:

I would've been nice if she made an effort to find the dog a home. This isn't 1850.
If she had done something like that, and the dog then attacked someone in its new home, she would have been slammed for passing along a dangerous animal to some unsuspecting family.

Man, some folks just do not think before they say stuff.
Teslag
AG
TxAG#2011 said:

Teslag said:

TxAG#2011 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Not all of us will just blindly vote for whatever politician based on their party affiliation

Not going to lie it's very weird you'd look up someone's posting history here to prove a point.

I don't care about you enough to look up your posting history, nor anyone else on this board.

We have stars. We can just click your name and your entire posting history pops up. There's not need to search anything.
ShotOver
AG
Love all the self proclaimed "farmers" on here.
CanyonAg77
AG
ShotOver said:

Love all the self proclaimed "farmers" on here.
They learned all they know from Weird Al

Old May Banker
AG
Only 3 rules that apply to wild dogs on the ranch....
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up.
B-1 83
AG
A livestock killing dog is a dead dog. There aren't enough hours in a farmer/rancher's day to "rehome" a dog, and that was not 2024 when such services abound. Lots of clueless people on this thread.
Being in TexAgs jail changes a man……..no, not really
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

If you gotta dog that kills your chickens every single time the gate/pen is open, dog gotta go. If you gotta dog that bolts out the door and chases cows, dog gotta go. If you gotta dog that bites the kids/grand kids, dog gotta go. If you gotta dog that gets in the road, dog will eventually be gone.
Boiling Denim
Just remember everything these slack jawed yokels are saying about dogs they said about slaves not too long ago
CanyonAg77
AG
Boiling Denim said:

Just remember everything these slack jawed yokels are saying about dogs they said about slaves not too long ago

There it is, folks. The dumbest thing you'll read on TexAgs today and it's barely 9am
Science Denier
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

You think farm animals need to be treated worse than dogs?
LOL OLD
bobbranco
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

Talk to Dr. Pol.
drcrinum
I once had a dog that went after the neighbors' chickens. I had to take him to the dog pound, which basically meant he eventually was going to be exterminated...nobody in a rural area wants a chicken killing dog.
HollywoodBQ
AG
Buck Turgidson said:

A lot of white people women can't really understand that dogs are not people.
FIFY
captkirk
AG
Whoever advised her to put that in the book, was completely tone deaf
IndividualFreedom
Quote:

Yes, democrat dog owners.
El Gallo Blanco
Teslag said:

Norm was in the right. So is anyone that kills a pit bull for whatever reason.
We have some "renters" on the other side of our neighborhood a few streets down whose pitbulls were occasionally getting out somehow. There was an incident while back that wasn't reported to the authorities, but a neighbor was bit, luckily he didn't sustain major injuries. Fast forward to a few weeks ago, and one of them got out again, this time attacking a delivery guy. Animal control came and took their dog. Then, just a few days later, the other one got out and almost attacked someone who was able to run back inside before he attacked a woman walking her 6 wk old baby...she bravely got in front of the stroller and let the pit bull attack her arm, screaming until someone could come out to help. It did a number on her arm and I can't imagine the pain and terror she went through defending her baby.

I am SICK of hearing about how good pit bulls are ("as long as they are trained properly"). THEY WERE BRED TO BE VIOLENT. Most people who own these dogs are meathead sacks of sh** who just want to appear tough.

They should honestly be bred out of existence...there is no modern use for them anymore.
El Gallo Blanco
I love dogs, but the importance of dogs, and the animal heirearchy in general, is truly a social construct. There is nothing immoral about eating dog vs cow, rabbit, or any other animal. I don't like the idea of it, as a westerner who has been conditions by this social construct, but nothing immoral about it.

In a SHTF scenario, a lot of you are eating dog and not thinkinig twice. None are killing and eating humans (at least I hope not)...and if you did, you'd have much diff emotions.
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

If you gotta dog that bolts out the door and chases cows,
Not if you have a herding breed. That's what they do. Our late Blue Lacey would round them up every morning for counting. Helps to make sure all of the fences are up and not damaged. We have an all weather creek running through our property which also runs through our neighbor's property and he has a large place running over a hundred or more head. The water gaps do get damaged on occasion with flooding.

We get a high count, call Bob to tell him to come get his cattle and we'll get them back through the water gap and then repair it. Between The Hubs on the Mule UTV and our dog, cut them out and herd them back to the gap where Bob would be waiting with a bucket of cubes to lure them back onto his side.
FJB24
Noem is way down on polymarket. Mitt Romney traveling with a dog strapped to the roof (in a kennel/cage) was enough to damage him with enough propaganda. This dog won't hunt.
schmellba99
AG
TequilaMockingbird said:

I see one thread got nuked for no content.

Here's one article- https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4627654-noem-defends-herself-over-criticism-for-killing-dog/

Noem under fire after revealing in her book that she once had to put down a dog on their farm. We all know this stuff is sometimes necessary on a farm/ranch but sheesh, this really seems like something that is better left unsaid.

On the other hand, it's hilarious- and typical- that the article later points out her opposition to abortion. So, they don't mind killing babies- just don't kill an aggressive dog?
How fuggin soft has our country become when putting a dog down is something that needs to be left unsaid?

Good god, we are a doomed country at this point.
redcrayon
AG
Teslag said:

TxAG#2011 said:

Teslag said:

TxAG#2011 said:

CanyonAg77 said:

TxAG#2011 said:

We have stars. We can just click your name and your entire posting history pops up. There's not need to search anything.
You don't need stars to do that.
Bearpitbull
Getting on the wrong side of dogs may be the only dumber move than alienating Taylor Swift fans. She is toast. May explain the Trump + Ron D love session this past weekend. She is done.
MouthBQ98
AG
If your dog kills your chickens, that's 100% your own fault. Not the fault of the dog or the chickens. It's not that hard to arrange for your animals to be properly contained.
schmellba99
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Now let's do horses, donkeys, mules......
schmellba99
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

If your dog kills your chickens, that's 100% your own fault. Not the fault of the dog or the chickens. It's not that hard to arrange for your animals to be properly contained.
Yeah, because errbody is like you evidently are and is 100% perfect with a 100% record on 100% of everything....

More people need to be involved in FFA, raising animals and the food chain process.
CanyonAg77
AG
MouthBQ98 said:

Twenty or thirty years ago when this happened, farm/ranch dogs were expected to roam outside, no fences. Sure as heck weren't house dogs. I don't know how big the Noam place was, but if I had a section or two of land, I wouldn't expect my dogs to be fenced in.
2040huck
drcrinum said:

I once had a dog that went after the neighbors' chickens. I had to take him to the dog pound, which basically meant he eventually was going to be exterminated...nobody in a rural area wants a chicken killing dog.
Nobody wants one running freely
cecil77
AG
Bearpitbull said:

Getting on the wrong side of dogs may be the only dumber move than alienating Taylor Swift fans. She is toast. May explain the Trump + Ron D love session this past weekend. She is done.
Regardless what side you come down on the appropriateness of her actions... She is done.
schmellba99
AG
Sid Farkas said:

CanyonAg77 said:

Sid Farkas said:

I would've been nice if she made an effort to find the dog a home. This isn't 1850.

Are you offering your home to a terrier that has bitten people, killed chickens, and proved itself untrainable?
I have a dog. Don't need another one. Thanks.

There dog rescue organizations in every state, and plenty of people who adopt troubled animals. I know several people who do.
Psssttt.....there isn't a rescu org out there that will take a known problem animal, and surrending it to a shelter generally means it's getting put down anyway. I know if makes you feel all warm and fuzzy thinking these things are the answer, but they aren't.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.