No thread about Kristi Noem?

23,031 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
DonHenley
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A normal, well adjusted person looks at this story and says who cares; but at the same time there is no beneficial reason to bring attention to it in the first place as Noem did
2040huck
jt2hunt said:

14 month is not a puppy
Says who?
cecil77
AG
Sea Speed said:

cecil77 said:

LOL, 22 years on Texags, I've seen political tough guys (several flavors), workout tough guys, travel tough guys, even Trick, the immortal go kart tough guy. Dog treatment tough guys are a new one...

I want to start a thread asking what the most ridiculous thing you've seen people argue about on texags is.

Start it. My guess the answer will end up being that thread..
BQ_90
AG
cecil77 said:

Sea Speed said:

cecil77 said:

LOL, 22 years on Texags, I've seen political tough guys (several flavors), workout tough guys, travel tough guys, even Trick, the immortal go kart tough guy. Dog treatment tough guys are a new one...

I want to start a thread asking what the most ridiculous thing you've seen people argue about on texags is.

Start it. My guess the answer will end up being that thread..

Can we bring back Panhandle Slim to comment
Agthatbuilds
This is a non starter story. Dogs are not human. Any where you go in the world and visit a ranch or farm, any dog who kills the stock is put down.

It's totally normal, and likely, right.

We've humanized our pets far too much. Nothing pisses me off as much as hearing some couple go in about their "fur babies" or equating some yapping dog to a child.

2040huck
Agthatbuilds said:

This is a non starter story. Dogs are not human. Any where you go in the world and visit a ranch or farm, any dog who kills the stock is put down.

We've humanized our pets far too much. Nothing pisses me off as much as hearing some couple go in about their "fur babies" or equating some yapping dog to a child.

Really pisses you off, huh? Weird
bobbranco
AG
2040huck said:

Agthatbuilds said:

Really pisses you off, huh? Weird
People <> dog

But my dog is > than some people.
No Spin Ag
DonHenley said:

A normal, well adjusted person looks at this story and says who cares; but at the same time there is no beneficial reason to bring attention to it in the first place as Noem did
There are in fact two things, science and opinion; the former begets knowledge, the later ignorance. Hippocrates
Bryanisbest
AG
People humanely put down dogs all the time. No story here at all.
Muy
AG
More like Kristi Yum, amiright?
Infection_Ag11
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

I love dogs, but the importance of dogs, and the animal heirearchy in general, is truly a social construct. There is nothing immoral about eating dog vs cow, rabbit, or any other animal. I don't like the idea of it, as a westerner who has been conditions by this social construct, but nothing immoral about it.

In a SHTF scenario, a lot of you are eating dog and not thinkinig twice. None are killing and eating humans (at least I hope not)...and if you did, you'd have much diff emotions.

History shows that humans eat other humans all the time in SHTF scenarios. Cannibalism was widespread during the Holodomor and China's Great Leap Forward, just for examples is the relatively recent past.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Agthatbuilds
Yes, when other couples drone on about their pets as if they are humans, it pisses me off.

The dog, cat, pig, hamster or whatever is not a child. It's not a human. It's not a brother, sister, mother, father and so on.

It irks me when one assigns an equal value to their soulless pet as they do my children.
GMaster0
Really weird for Noem to self admit this and brag about it as a point of pride. That's the strange thing people are weirded out by and how casual she is about the whole thing.

I think people would be a little freaked out if Biden killed, whether he did it himself or had someone else do it, his dog that was acting up in the White House. Then bragged about it and spoke causally to the public about it.

Just my take on why folks are upset.
El Gallo Blanco
Infection_Ag11 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

I love dogs, but the importance of dogs, and the animal heirearchy in general, is truly a social construct. There is nothing immoral about eating dog vs cow, rabbit, or any other animal. I don't like the idea of it, as a westerner who has been conditions by this social construct, but nothing immoral about it.

In a SHTF scenario, a lot of you are eating dog and not thinkinig twice. None are killing and eating humans (at least I hope not)...and if you did, you'd have much diff emotions.

History shows that humans eat other humans all the time in SHTF scenarios. Cannibalism was widespread during the Holodomor and China's Great Leap Forward, just for examples is the relatively recent past.

I know that. We would go through all of the dogs first is my point. Some humans would resort to cannibalism. But many more would just kill themselves before it got to that.

Very few people would have any hesitancy or moral qualms about eating dog tho in dire circumstances.
TexasRebel
AG
Jack Squat 83 said:

jt2hunt said:

14 month is not a puppy
Funny how similar the use of "puppy" is to showing smiling, elementary school photos of 20 year old criminals when they are in the news. Narratives are a thing you know.

Dahmer, Hitler, Napoleon, and Stalin were toddlers.
rsf0626
Is this really a big deal? No. Life on a farm is different than in a regular household

With that being said - incredibly stupid to be bragging about this. In politics, court of public opinion matters and people love their pets. She cost herself a chance at VP
rsf0626
BassCowboy33
Trump moves away from Noem after puppy killing

Looks like Trump and his team were not happy with the Noem news, and she's apparently been taken out of contention for VP.

Also, I'm totally going to use the term "political self-immolation" moving forward.

Quote:

According to Semafor, the "median reaction" to the dog story within Team Trump was "WTF," with a person close to the campaign telling the outlet: "Governor Noem just keeps proving over and over that she's a lightweight. We can't afford a Kamala [Harris] problem."
Quote:

In Trump's orbit, Noem's decision to disclose in her forthcoming memoir that she once shot and killed a family dog is being seen as pure political self-immolationpart of a series of "lapses in judgment" and a sign of "desperation that President Trump especially doesn't like," according to over a half dozen GOP sources who spoke to the Daily Beast.
Quote:

"I mean, this stuff is devastating. There's nothing more popular in politics than dogs, and she killed oneand she continues to talk about it…That's what's baffling and shows out-of-control judgment."
Captain Pablo
AG
BassCowboy33 said:

Trump moves away from Noem after puppy killing

Looks like Trump and his team were not happy with the Noem news, and she's apparently been taken out of contention for VP.

Also, I'm totally going to use the term "political self-immolation" moving forward.

Quote:

According to Semafor, the "median reaction" to the dog story within Team Trump was "WTF," with a person close to the campaign telling the outlet: "Governor Noem just keeps proving over and over that she's a lightweight. We can't afford a Kamala [Harris] problem."
Quote:

In Trump's orbit, Noem's decision to disclose in her forthcoming memoir that she once shot and killed a family dog is being seen as pure political self-immolationpart of a series of "lapses in judgment" and a sign of "desperation that President Trump especially doesn't like," according to over a half dozen GOP sources who spoke to the Daily Beast.
Quote:

"I mean, this stuff is devastating. There's nothing more popular in politics than dogs, and she killed oneand she continues to talk about it…That's what's baffling and shows out-of-control judgment."

Gotta admit ….

Trump lecturing a politician about running their mouth or using poor judgement in written word is pretty funny
ShotOver
AG
Teslag said:

ShotOver said:

Love all the self proclaimed "farmers" on here.

You are surprised that a messaged board of one of the most prominent Agriculture schools on earth might have a lot of farmers and ranchers on it?
lol
SA68AG
AG
Noem has always been a political light weight like Sarah Palin and after this self created fiasco she'll never be a serious candidate for VP or a cabinet position much less President.

StandUpforAmerica
Where was Kristi Noem when they needed her?
Warning: Graphic dog attack in the video.

I'm voting for DeSantis in the primary, but will happily vote for Trump in the general election if he wins the primary.
Fatboy Thaddeus
Muy said:

Thank you. I clicked on this thread because I saw "Kristi Noem," and expected posts just like this. Anyone got more? ...

But TBH my standards are pretty malleable. I always thought Lauren Boebert was kinda mid till I saw the video of her in that theater. Now I consider her top shelf material.
TequilaMockingbird
Fatboy Thaddeus said:

Muy said:

Thank you. I clicked on this thread because I saw "Kristi Noem," and expected posts just like this. Anyone got more? ...

But TBH my standards are pretty malleable. I always thought Lauren Boebert was kinda mid till I saw the video of her in that theater. Now I consider her top shelf material.
Sure, but if you don't live up to her expectations she might take you to the gravel pit and shoot you.
Bearpitbull
Just to confirm so we know how to respond here:

If a Repub shoots a puppy... That's just the way it is around the farm and around the world. Heck, in some countries, they eat dogs all the time. Nothing to see here. I know I am well adjusted because I could care less about puppies. This is a non-story.

If a Dem shoots a puppy... What kind of sick **** shoots a puppy and brags about it. This nut probably loves aborting babies. This country has gone to hell when a governor of a Blue state feels the need to signal to her supporters that she will abort anything.
Bearpitbull
ShotOver said:

Teslag said:

ShotOver said:

Love all the self proclaimed "farmers" on here.

You are surprised that a messaged board of one of the most prominent Agriculture schools on earth might have a lot of farmers and ranchers on it?
lol
It has been a long time since I looked. Are we still a top 5 ag school? I work with an asshat always mumbling about CSU in Fort Collins? I need some firepower/facts.
TexasRebel
AG
No.

It depends on why the animal is being destroyed.
SociallyConditionedAg
AG
You didn't have to grow up on the farm to know this. Anyone who grew up in the country probably had dogs put down growing up. It's just part of life.
BassCowboy33
TequilaMockingbird said:

Fatboy Thaddeus said:

Muy said:

Sure, but if you don't live up to her expectations she might take you to the gravel pit and shoot you.
I call it "Of Mice and Men'ing" you.
TexasRebel
AG
The Lenny Treatment.
BlueSmoke
On the ranch we had several dogs that had to be out down over the years. We had two types: the smaller indoor dogs and the strictly outdoor, working dogs. These are who I'm referring to.

Most were due to injury, and the cost/time of a vet facilitating the putting of the animal down wasn't in the cards. The time/money of a vet driving close to an hour each way just to put down a dog that just isn't going to make it. I remember we had one that had it's back broke. That one is still with me.

The other big reason were typically younger dogs that attacked livestock or people. There's no rehab process here, especially with smaller animals like chickens, goats, and sheep. This seems to be the case here.
jt2hunt
AG
BlueSmoke said:

On the ranch we had several dogs that had to be out down over the years. We had two types: the smaller indoor dogs and the strictly outdoor, working dogs. These are who I'm referring to.

Most were due to injury, and the cost/time of a vet facilitating the putting of the animal down wasn't in the cards. The time/money of a vet driving close to an hour each way just to put down a dog that just isn't going to make it. I remember we had one that had it's back broke. That one is still with me.

The other big reason were typically younger dogs that attacked livestock or people. There's no rehab process here, especially with smaller animals like chickens, goats, and sheep. This seems to be the case here.

100%
cecil77
AG
And your words communicate "regrettable, but necessary".

Her words communicated "I'm tough and strong, Look at me."
Funky Winkerbean
AG
cecil77 said:

Haters just hate.
CanyonAg77
AG
cecil77 said:

Disagree
jt2hunt
AG
cecil77 said:

BS

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.