No thread about Kristi Noem?

23,039 Views | 324 Replies | Last: 1 mo ago by TarponChaser
Artorias
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL Keith looks exactly like you would imagine.
Dan Scott
AG
What was the context leading up to the story?

There are some things that we have to do but we don't broadcast. If the context was about making tough decisions then she should have picked a better story. If the context was to portray herself as a relatable outdoorsy woman that knows how to handle guns then that's even worse.

Either way, shows poor judgement to me and I wouldn't want her as VP.
Tony Franklins Other Shoe
AG
Hi Keef.

Person Not Capable of Pregnancy
bobbranco
AG
Artorias said:

LOL Keith looks exactly like you would imagine.
His wife has him pegged.
El Chupacabra
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

I don't think dogs should be treated like farm animals

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?
100% okay in my book. If a guy went to the pound 1x a week to get a dog for dog burritos I wouldn't bat an eye. I also wouldn't accept an invitation for a bbq, but if he wants to eat Fido, then bon Appetit .
agwrestler
AG
Ag CPA said:

I understand her reasoning but still stupid to put that in a book as a politician, probably "killed" her VP chances.

IMHO, it shows executive function managing/resolving a stressful situation. It was very hard to pay a vet to put down my dog last year. It would have been incredibly difficult to pull the trigger on her myself.

I agree this wasn't the best move to publish in a book due to the mamby-pamby emotion driven recoil coming from the average citizen.
2040huck
bobbranco said:

Here you go Nancies. It's a tear jerker. A feel good story.

Neighbors should get sued.
84AGEC
AG
It was poor decision to write about something so polarizing 20 years later. But this must still weigh heavy on her conscience.
bobbranco
AG
Property was probably not fenced. And the chicken coop was not dog proof. Boo Hoo.
2040huck
drcrinum said:

2040huck said:

drcrinum said:

I once had a dog that went after the neighbors' chickens. I had to take him to the dog pound, which basically meant he eventually was going to be exterminated...nobody in a rural area wants a chicken killing dog.
Nobody wants one running freely
You've never lived in a rural area with acerage, have you? Dogs are for protection. They take care of the snakes, coons, possums, armadillos, and skunks, keep the deer and rabbits out of your garden (to some degree at least), and sound the alarm whenever strangers or cars come on your property.
LOL My high school class was 37. We actually used horses to work cattle. I have cut pigs and grafted trees. I have shot my own dog(he had a stroke and couldnt wait for a vet because he was suffering) I am much more rural than you but still wouldnt kill a puppy for screwing up a pheasant hunt or shoot a goat because he smelled bad.

So yes, if I thought my dog was going to harm my neighbors chickens, I would fence him.
shaynew1
AG
I think the only thing left to do here is have a rural-off. Are we doing seeded or round robin or what?
TexasRebel
AG
DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

Farmers treat their animals very well. That's why they work all day everyday to keep them fed and healthy. Dogs, unfortunately, sometimes need compassion and that results in being put down.

I wouldn't expect you to know any of this bc it takes someone that has been around farming, ranching, or ag to understand this and based on your posting history, you are a dem loving city dweller who has terrible opinions about anything associated with hard working, God loving Americans.

If dogs are on the same level as farm animals, is it okay to cook and eat their meat like we do with cows, chickens, and pigs?

Depends on the economy.

schmellba99
AG
Dan Scott said:

What was the context leading up to the story?

There are some things that we have to do but we don't broadcast. If the context was about making tough decisions then she should have picked a better story. If the context was to portray herself as a relatable outdoorsy woman that knows how to handle guns then that's even worse.

Either way, shows poor judgement to me and I wouldn't want her as VP.
Be honest - you wouldn't want her as anything, no matter what, and this little story isn't the straw that broke the camel's back on an agonizing decision you've been wrestling with internally.
schmellba99
AG
nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

This is a nothing story. City folk will never understand.

What percentage of the voting population are city folk vs country folk?

It doesn't matter how you feel about her killing a dog, but you'd be crazy to not understand the political implications of putting this in a book.
Remember when errbody was all riled up and wanting to run Obama out of town when he put in his book that dog was one of the finest meals he'd ever had?

Oh, that's right, it's (d)ifferent.
schmellba99
AG
Sid Farkas said:

It's a domesticated dog, not a coyote or a chicken or a goldfish.

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.
...and yet, day in and day out, people still dump dogs and cats on country roads all day long.

The hand wringing over this is beyond stupid, and shows how out of touch a significant portion of the population is with anything outside of HEB.
drcrinum
If you lived on acerage in the country, what's the point in having a dog if you have to fence him up in your back yard?
Sid Farkas
AG
schmellba99 said:

Sid Farkas said:

In this day and age simply euthanizing a domesticated dog isn't necessary if there's an opportunity for someone to come and take it away. This isn't the 1880's.
...and yet, day in and day out, people still dump dogs and cats on country roads all day long.

The hand wringing over this is beyond stupid, and shows how out of touch a significant portion of the population is with anything outside of HEB.

No hand wringing bruh. Not even mad about it.

I simply have an opinion that a domesticated dog, in this day and age, gets different consideration than it would in years past, when resources and options were limited…and societies sensibilities were different
bobbranco
AG
Sid Farkas said:

schmellba99 said:

Sid Farkas said:

No hand wringing bruh. Not even mad about it.

I simply have an opinion that a domesticated dog, in this day and age, gets different consideration than it would in years past, when resources and options were limited…and societies sensibilities were different
You think all dogs are saved when sent to the pound or the SPCA?

Naive people are amusing.
Muy
AG
I'd let her shoot my dog for just once.
Muy
AG
Not really
Bondag
AG
TexasRebel
AG
Bondag said:

Always found it funny that whoever made that billboard would eat horse before rabbit.
2040huck
drcrinum said:

If you lived on acerage in the country, what's the point in having a dog if you have to fence him up in your back yard?
UH....They make nice companions? Mine live mostly on the couch or in the bed anyhow
TexasRebel
AG
Dogs belong outside.
2040huck
TexasRebel said:

Dogs belong outside.
LOL You got one of those big chains?
TexasRebel
AG
Why would a dog want to run away?
2040huck
schmellba99 said:

nai06 said:

jt2hunt said:

This is a nothing story. City folk will never understand.

What percentage of the voting population are city folk vs country folk?

It doesn't matter how you feel about her killing a dog, but you'd be crazy to not understand the political implications of putting this in a book.
Remember when errbody was all riled up and wanting to run Obama out of town when he put in his book that dog was one of the finest meals he'd ever had?

Oh, that's right, it's (d)ifferent.
Did she eat it? ok then
2040huck
TexasRebel said:

Why would a dog want to run away?
Maybe to kill chickens?
drcrinum
So you have a city dog or house dog. Never had one of those. Compared to an outside country dog it's apples vs oranges.
AggiePops
I can see where it could be needed to put a dog down, but that would be a last resort. Try it in a different environment first. Dogs aren't bad actors by nature so if it's acting bad there's a reason. If the Gov's dog was 'untrainable' it's because she doesn't know to properly raise and train a dog. As they say… there are no bad dogs, just bad dog owners.
HumpitPuryear
AG
Maybe she's courting the Muslim vote?

Farm dogs are working dogs. Shooting a problem dog in the presence of other working dogs makes an impression on the remaining dogs. Public executions will do that.
2040huck
drcrinum said:

So you have a city dog or house dog. Never had one of those. Compared to an outside country dog it's apples vs oranges.
Well I have a lab. Not sure if it can be defined as house dog or country dog. It prefers to stay in the house when it can. I also have a poodle mix. It likes it outdoors and would likely chase chickens if given the chance
oysterbayAG
AG
Kristi Noem is a good governor for North Dakota but too soft to be a potential POTUS !
Cobra39
El Chupacabra said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

aggiepanic95 said:

DarkBrandon01 said:

100% okay in my book. If a guy went to the pound 1x a week to get a dog for dog burritos I wouldn't bat an eye. I also wouldn't accept an invitation for a bbq, but if he wants to eat Fido, then bon Appetit .
Wat?

Cobra39
aggiehawg
AG
oysterbayAG said:

Kristi Noem is a good governor for North Dakota but too soft to be a potential POTUS !
Too bad she lives in South Dakota, then.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.