Muh Polls

73,081 Views | 910 Replies | Last: 7 min ago by aggiehawg
2023NCAggies
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Trump up 1 in NEW JERSEY!?!

idk who co/efficient is but their poll of likely voters is 41-40 Trump

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/
agsalaska
AG
Not a poll but a funny comment from Nate Silver this afternoon. Excellent point

Quote:

How bad do you have to screw up to lose a debate by 34 points to Donald Trump in a country as divided as this one?
https://www.natesilver.net/p/joe-biden-should-drop-out

2023NCAggies
agsalaska said:

Quote:

How bad do you have to screw up to lose a debate by 34 points to Donald Trump in a country as divided as this one?

That is hilarious and right on the money

With that recent New Jersey poll, how bad is it when Virginia, Maine, Minnesota, New York, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire are all leaning in to the toss up category or leaning Trump

New York and New Jersey are a stretch for now, but the others are winnable
techno-ag
AG
2023NCAggies said:

agsalaska said:

Quote:

That is hilarious and right on the money

With that recent New Jersey poll, how bad is it when Virginia, Maine, Minnesota, New York, Nevada, New Jersey, New Hampshire are all leaning in to the toss up category or leaning Trump

New York and New Jersey are a stretch for now, but the others are winnable

It would be awesome if he could win in more states than they can cheat.
Buy a man eat fish, he day, teach fish man, to a lifetime.

- Joe Biden

I think that, to be very honest with you, I do believe that we should have rightly believed, but we certainly believe that certain issues are just settled.

- Kamala Harris
nortex97
AG
2023NCAggies said:

Trump up 1 in NEW JERSEY!?!

idk who co/efficient is but their poll of likely voters is 41-40 Trump

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/polls/

Yeah, that's a real head-in-the-oven one for the commies.

There will be more, over the next week.

nortex97
AG
Remember when we heard lamentations that if Trump is nominated Biden will start taking a lead heading into the debates/summer because moderates/swing state voters will be animated to turn out against Trump? I remember.

will25u
aggiehawg
AG

WOWZA!
aggiehawg
AG
nortex97
AG
Some interesting numbers on predictit right now;

They also have a poll/gamble on Ohio's senate race predicting GOP wins over Brown-CCP, up 57 cents vs.46.

Is Ilhan going to somehow lose her primary, or is literally campaigning against America/Minnesota popular enough to carry her?

Early voting started Friday there, and that stupid system doesn't conclude until Aug 13th fyi, I don't see any polls on it.
nortex97
AG
GenericAggie said:

New Mexico? You're kidding, right?
Update: NM has shifted another 5 toward Trump's direction, now Biden+2.

I'd sayโ€ฆit's in play. Biden won it by 11 in 2020, only caveat is that this is apparently a GOP sponsored/paid poll.
Science Denier
AG
nortex97 said:

GenericAggie said:

I'd sayโ€ฆit's in play. Biden won it by 11 in 2020, only caveat is that this is apparently a GOP sponsored/paid poll.
How on earth could Biden still have a lead? Did the entire state skipi the debate? And, did they skip CNN's take on the debate?

I know dead people didn't listen, so that Dem vote is still locked. But that can't be over 50% of their population.
Barnyard96
AG
What happens when Kamala is the candidate? Any data?
Joes
Science Denier said:

nortex97 said:

GenericAggie said:

How on earth could Biden still have a lead? Did the entire state skipi the debate? And, did they skip CNN's take on the debate?

I know dead people didn't listen, so that Dem vote is still locked. But that can't be over 50% of their population.
Most people are mostly motivated to vote against the other side, not for their own side. and most of what's left is simply party loyalty. And fair or not, the media, academia, pop culture, etc. have made Trump the most feared and hated man in America at this point. This forum's constant mocking of "support for Biden" is completely missing the point. Most on the other side would probably openly say they'd vote for a sack of cement over Trump, and that's what they've got. I see "Never, ever, vote for a Democrat" on this site all the time, so why should it be expected that the other side wouldn't feel the opposite way? Hell, I'd vote "for" a broken toaster before I voted for Obama or Biden or Hillary.

2023NCAggies
nortex97 said:

GenericAggie said:

It is in play. If the GOP can gain senate seats in Michigan and New Mexico, that would take 2 firm dem seats.

Man if you are the Rs, you need to be out fundraising, smash the maggots while they are confused and scattered

Rs also have a chance in New Jersey with Menendez running as well.

Could you imagine if the Rs had a 58-42 majority? Lol it definitely won't end up that way, but damn sure could, and Rs should be doing everything possible to get it done
2023NCAggies
Barnyard96 said:

They lose either way. Right now I believe they are trying to figure out which will have least amount of damage down ballot.

And I have no idea which one would be worse. I guess I would say the best pick is Harris to solidify the vote.

That debate lost them Ohio and Montana for sure. So right now their best outcome is 52-48 in the senate.

And between Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, New Mexico, New Jersey, Maryland. At least ONE of those is likely to go R
aezmvp
Biden campaign thinks it a 40-48 state wipeout with Harris at the top of the ticket. One of the many reasons they refuse to bow out.
LMCane
agsalaska said:

2023NCAggies said:

https://www.foxnews.com/media/polling-guru-gives-donald-trump-66-chance-winning-presidential-election

Silver thinks it will be Trump
Thats a big change. Two weeks ago he was like 51-49 Biden.

I think what we are seeing is as we get closer to November the modeling starts relying more on current polling and less on historical data. I suspect if the polling doesn't change much his modeling will show Trump even more likely.

I can't remember exactly where Silver was in 2016, maybe 75-25 Clinton. He and Cook both knew that Trump had a real if narrow shot and even spelled out where. Funny thing is he got roasted for saying it by the Dems before the election and the Republicans for some stupid reason after.
I am now following Silver on Twitter and he takes a LOT of flak from the leftists for claiming Biden will lose.

strangely, or ominously, it seems "Likely voters" actually are more pro-Biden than "registered" voters.

I have never ever seen that phenomenon where the likely voters favor the democrat. It's always registered voters have a large advantage for the left which the likely voters then narrows.
LMCane
aezmvp said:

Biden campaign thinks it a 40-48 state wipeout with Harris at the top of the ticket. One of the many reasons they refuse to bow out.
so Biden was such an awesome President = his very first decision in selecting Kamala was horrendous

yeah right democrats!

I don't see where she would be that much worse politically than Biden in most states. you think she will lose california and new york worse than Biden?!

most of this is Biden's team clinging to the liferafts and trying to bring down Harris with them. they don't REALLY believe Harris would lose

MARYLAND
DC
CALIFORNIA
WASHINGTON
OREGON
VERMONT
MASSACHUSETTS
HAWAII
RHODE ISLAND
CONNECTICUT
NEW YORK

that's bs for anyone to think any democrat will lose those states.
LMCane
2023NCAggies said:

Barnyard96 said:

They lose either way. Right now I believe they are trying to figure out which will have least amount of damage down ballot.

And I have no idea which one would be worse. I guess I would say the best pick is Harris to solidify the vote.

That debate lost them Ohio and Montana for sure. So right now their best outcome is 52-48 in the senate.

And between Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, Michigan, New Mexico, New Jersey, Maryland. At least ONE of those is likely to go R

sure hope you are correct!!

Hogan is doing a very strong campaign in Maryland.

I love Hung Cao but I doubt he can win in Virginia.

same with McCormick in PA. He just is not very strong candidate. he has fewer twitter followers than I do.
agsalaska
AG
Silver is a liberal but he is not a partisan nor controlled media. One of the reasons he is independent now.

He is a must follow.
LMCane
we pretty much want every poll to be like this with Trump having a +5 lead

enough to stop leftist cheating,

but not too much where Biden drops out because it is impossible to win.
policywonk98
AG
nortex97 said:

GenericAggie said:

Not a surprise. As noted earlier in the thread. If Nevada's numbers are anywhere close to being real there was no good reason NM would also not shift similarly. And I also predicted that Domenici has a good enough shot and enough money to help Trump overcome his negatives among the population.

This is more bad news for the Dems. Nevada and NM in play are much cheaper than MN, MI, WI, or PA. As long as Trump gets back AZ and GA he does not need any of those four if he has NV and NM, but obviously if those are in play than these other four are in play as well, but I wouldn't place the reasons they are in play as categorically the same.
nortex97
AG
agsalaska said:

Silver is a liberal but he is not a partisan nor controlled media. One of the reasons he is independent now.

He is a must follow.
I actually agree with this. He made his point that the polls were actuallyโ€ฆcorrect in both 2016 and 2020 about the probability of the outcomes, especially in the battleground states (I loosely recall he said there was a 30 percent chance or so of a Trump win, the night before in 2016).

I know he's moved around some (not affiliated with 538 any longer) but he is fairly independent-thinking and not beholden to the lefty/MSM.
Barnyard96
AG
Cruz posted he thinks its gonna be Michelle.
GenericAggie
AG
Barnyard96 said:

Cruz posted he thinks its gonna be Michelle.

8 more years of Obamas. **** that.
Barnyard96
AG
I hope he's just starting crap
oh no
AG
sorry not a poll but i think you'll see some counter gamesmanship from the republican side. they will push the notion that it's too late to replace biden for various reasons (certain states' deadlines, etc.) and it's anti-democratic since most of the delegates are technically obliged to nominate biden, and voters didn't get a choice, etc. (and they should), but I think they're also going to push some bad replacement candidates that they have some dirt on or that they know they can beat.

these polls are interesting to follow, but they're all going to be moot real quick once the Biden family is finally paid off enough to drop out and as we get closer to the convention.
will25u
SwigAg11
AG
It looks like that pollster got the Bolduc polling really wrong in the last election.
aggiehawg
AG

Is this one wrong?
sam callahan
Saying there is a 30% chance of one of the options of a non repeatable binary outcome is a huge hedge, nothing more.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
sam callahan said:

Saying there is a 30% chance of one of the options of a non repeatable binary outcome is a huge hedge, nothing more.
Nonsense.

Nate Silver is, fundamentally, a gambler. (He is also pretty good at it, having walked away with $92,000 from the World Series of Poker Main Event last month.) If you are wagering on an outcome, having the most accurate sense possible of the probabilities involved is absolutely critical.

Outfits like the New York Times or HuffPo that had Hillary as a 90%+ favorite suggested that a wager on Trump was a near certain loser. In reality, anyone who bet Trump at 10-1 or more cleaned house. Silver's model suggested that such a bet was more than justifiable.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
YokelRidesAgain
AG
nortex97 said:

Is Ilhan going to somehow lose her primary, or is literally campaigning against America/Minnesota popular enough to carry her?
She is running against the same person (Don Samuels, a Jamaican immigrant) who came within less than 2500 votes of beating her last time and appears to have more of a campaign infrastructure this go round.

It also bears repeating: Somalis make up a whopping 3% of Omar's district, which is 60% white.

Ilhan Omar is in Congress because a lot of white liberals in Minneapolis want to be represented by someone like Ilhan Omar.

Samuels has said a lot of tasteless things, but at least he isn't openly rooting for Hamas. I hope he wins.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
will25u

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.