trumps says any jew that votes dim hates their religion

7,786 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Muy
doubledog
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.
Many "ethnic" Jews do not like or mock the religious Jews. This is the same for the "ethnic" populations in general, when it comes to religion.

It is strange. I know a man who is an agnostic, that teaches Hebrew in a yeshiva. Go figure.

El Gallo Blanco
rgvag11 said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say. It's also really stupid and won't win Jewish voters over.

ETA: it was also stupid for Biden to say what he said about black people in 2020

As a Jew, Trump is completely correct. Jews that vote for the party that embraces Hamas supporters are voting against their purported religion. Of course, Democrat Jews don't practice any real form of the religion.

There's nothing antisemitic about pointing out it's bad to vote for the party that is overtly trying to undermine Israel to placate the radicals in their party.
Wow...So you speak for all Jewish people? I can tell you that as a conservative and a Christian, I know many conservatives that don't practice their faith. So tying commitment to ones faith to their politics seems incredibly one dimensional
Jews and Christians are apples and oranges. There are plenty of Jewish people who are Jewish culturally and ethnically but aren't religious at all. Conversely, there is no such thing as an ethnic or cultural Christian. Now, there are folks who practice what some (including myself) would say is a watered down version of Christianity that doesn't comport with the Bible, but that's a different discussion. There are plenty of ethnically and culturally Jewish people who see nothing wrong with disparaging Judaism.
I get that. Except the comment from Trump was about hating their religion, not their culture/heritage.
They might as well hate their religion by what they actively support through their vote. They are literally voting against the interests of Jerusalem/Israel/their holy lands/Jewish people surrounded by violent barbaric muslim states.

If Trump had said something like "It's as if these Jews hate their fellow Jews abroad" or "Given their actions, they might as well hate Judaism" or something along those line, would that pacify some of you?
I don't need to be pacified but I'm not one who needs to support every idiotic thing Trump says or the way he says it just to get his based foaming at the mouth. Someone who really thinks before they speak would phrase it a whole lot differently. And to say everyone on the right supports Jewish people and Israel is just naive. And many that support Israel do it for the political gain....not because they genuinely care about Israel. And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
I don't either...I'm a Desantis guy and can't believe we passed up on that opportunity. That being said...i think most on here have ALWAYS supported Israel, regardles of their leader, because look at the alternative in that region. Even a left-winged Israel is heavily preferred over the alternative.

But I see the point Trump was making, i just wish he'd say it better. Because I think a TON of conservatives have been saying similar for a long time now. Majority of Jews supporting the truly anti-semitic party is absurd. I guess they value things like abortion and drag queen story hour more than preserving ancient Jewish Holy Lands.

That is an absurd notion, but there are many here that believe it. Probably all Christians too.
What are you talking about? High profile democrats have been constantly spewing Hamas-sympathizing, anti-jewish rhetoric, where the hell have you been? And then there are the actual millions of memocrat useful idiots. Anti-semitism is reviving on many college campuses, and it is ONLY coming form the left.
12mn95
AG
BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

Huge difference between those who identify as Jewish from a cultural perspective versus those who identify as Jewish from a religious perspective. That distinction is certainly something to consider in his commentary (admittedly I haven't listened to it)

Very similar to many Democrat's "I'm devoutly Catholic" but "let's kill all the babies" behavior.
Or Republicans "I'm devoutly Catholic" but are for the death penalty. Catholicism vehemently opposes capital punishment. If you are Catholic both instances are wrong...
The problem with this argument is that the scales of the problems are nowhere near equivalent.

While Roe was in effect, the USA had an average of 1.2 million abortions per year (though the numbers had been declining recently). But only about 30 executions per year.

Does the "murder" of a convict outweigh that of 40,000 unborn? Especially when you consider that the person had a Constitutional guarantee of a fair trial and protection from "cruel and unusual punishment", which victims of abortion don't get?

Is "the lesser of two evils" not quantifiable?
no it isn't...if you are a devout Catholic, which I am, BOTH are wrong. There is a reason the Catholic church is not OK with abortions AND capital punishment. You can't justify one just because the other is "more wrong". Just because there, as you say, 30 executions per year that makes it ok for you? Is there a number of executions where you go, well that's too many for me?
Guy on a Buffalo
AG
When asked for comment, Ilhan Omar declared, "I finally agree with Donald Trump!"

-----------------------
Truth without love is brutality. Love without truth is compromise.
doubledog
12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

Huge difference between those who identify as Jewish from a cultural perspective versus those who identify as Jewish from a religious perspective. That distinction is certainly something to consider in his commentary (admittedly I haven't listened to it)

Very similar to many Democrat's "I'm devoutly Catholic" but "let's kill all the babies" behavior.
Or Republicans "I'm devoutly Catholic" but are for the death penalty. Catholicism vehemently opposes capital punishment. If you are Catholic both instances are wrong...
The problem with this argument is that the scales of the problems are nowhere near equivalent.

While Roe was in effect, the USA had an average of 1.2 million abortions per year (though the numbers had been declining recently). But only about 30 executions per year.

Does the "murder" of a convict outweigh that of 40,000 unborn? Especially when you consider that the person had a Constitutional guarantee of a fair trial and protection from "cruel and unusual punishment", which victims of abortion don't get?

no it isn't...if you are a devout Catholic, which I am, BOTH are wrong. There is a reason the Catholic church is not OK with abortions AND capital punishment. You can't justify one just because the other is "more wrong". Just because there, as you say, 30 executions per year that makes it ok for you? Is there a number of executions where you go, well that's too many for me?
If you are pro-life, then you should be for life from conception to a natural death and damn the politics.
El Gallo Blanco
ts5641 said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.
He's right, as he usually is, but just communicates it so clunky that it's usually fodder for the media.
This. He is his own worst enemy. His "bull in a china shop" way with words is his kryptonite. It's literally why most people that hate him hate him. Wreckless statements make it so easy for the opposition to spew their propaganda. It's definitely his greatest flaw and so damn frustrating.
BQRyno
AG
doubledog said:

12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

If you are pro-life, then you should be for life from conception to a natural death and damn the politics.

This has not been the Catholic or Protestant view until very recently. I'm not sure if you are saying this is a religious argument or not. If you are, there is certainly a plausible Christian defense for capital punishment. Going back to Pope John Paul II, the perspective began being shared that one of the reasons for capital punishment was to protect the public. Frankly, that's not what the Bible indicates.
BQRyno
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

ts5641 said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.
He's right, as he usually is, but just communicates it so clunky that it's usually fodder for the media.
This. He is his own worst enemy. His "bull in a china shop" way with words is his kryptonite. It's literally why most people that hate him hate him. Wreckless statements make it so easy for the opposition to spew their propaganda. It's definitely his greatest flaw and so damn frustrating.
It may be way those who hate him hate him, but it's also worth noting that it's why others love him. Some people got tired of politicians and found it refreshing that someone would just say things. Maybe those things were wrong sometimes. But at least he didn't script every word.
BluHorseShu
AG
ArbAg said:

BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

twenty minutes into video
https://www.sebgorka.com/video/president-trump-on-whos-really-running-the-biden-white-house-donald-j-trump-on-america-first
dropping truth bombs
my president
trump 2024
This is just stupid and something Trump knows his most ardent sycophants lap up. To equate someone's political leanings with how much the 'love' their chosen religion is not even remotely simple (for those that are religious). People are complex. Its just more bad form from Trump.

Trump doesn't need to lecture anyone on their faith and commitment to it.

To say it seems antithetical to vote for policies that seem converse to the religion you're part of....sure that argument can be made.

But we are in very very dangerous territory if we start equating someone's personal faith with politics.

Its all fun and games when its point out about Democrats. But if you think it would stop there and not lead to people saying the old guard GOP must hate their religion if they don't love everything the freedom caucus does, your being nave.

Its fine to talk about your personal religion in political rhetoric for elections...but when you start questioning other peoples faith if they don't vote for you...that is just asinine.

Jews still supporting dems and their obvious muslim sympathies (especially after Oct 7th) should definitely reconsider those old allegiances.

I'm certainly not saying that those who support their enemies are obviously on the wrong side for their faith. But I guarantee there are a lot of democratic Jewish people of faith that do not agree with the US asking Israel to hold back. We only hear about the vocal few.
LMCane
BQRyno said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

ts5641 said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.
It may be way those who hate him hate him, but it's also worth noting that it's why others love him. Some people got tired of politicians and found it refreshing that someone would just say things. Maybe those things were wrong sometimes. But at least he didn't script every word.

is the point of a politician (and yes, someone who RUNS FOR PRESIDENT THREE TIMES IS A POLITICIAN) to win elections?

and if so, is it more valuable to gain votes from those who don't support you?

or more valuable to have those who already support you like you even more?
BluHorseShu
AG
Gigem314 said:

Quote:

And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
Uh, no. People would still be saying Israel had the right to defend itself and go after the goons that Democrats in this country are goal-tending for. It had nothing to do with Bibi. It's just an extra bonus that we get to see Bibi look at Biden like a fragile old lady in a retirement home.
There might be an initial stance about the right, but nothing nearly to the extent there is the support now.

I'm sorry, if Israel had a left leaning PM and there was a move a little more to the left of where they currently are, many would only see them as not being conservative.

I think you minimize the hate people have for those they perceive as left leaning. Obviously Trump has vocalized it. There's little support for Ukraine and their citizens among alot of conservatives. Its about politics....not people.
BQRyno
AG
LMCane said:

BQRyno said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

ts5641 said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.

is the point of a politician (and yes, someone who RUNS FOR PRESIDENT THREE TIMES IS A POLITICIAN) to win elections?

It seems to me that Trump has the potential to get more votes from some traditionally democrat constituents than any other republican nominee in recent memory. I think polling data demonstrates that.
12mn95
AG
LMCane said:

BQRyno said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

ts5641 said:

AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.

I think this is his 4th official one. Back in 2000, IIRC, he ran under a different party. the Reform Party but was unsuccessful and withdrew
Gigem314
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Gigem314 said:

Quote:

And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
Uh, no. People would still be saying Israel had the right to defend itself and go after the goons that Democrats in this country are goal-tending for. It had nothing to do with Bibi. It's just an extra bonus that we get to see Bibi look at Biden like a fragile old lady in a retirement home.
There might be an initial stance about the right, but nothing nearly to the extent there is the support now.

I'm sorry, if Israel had a left leaning PM and there was a move a little more to the left of where they currently are, many would only see them as not being conservative.

I think you minimize the hate people have for those they perceive as left leaning. Obviously Trump has vocalized it. There's little support for Ukraine and their citizens among alot of conservatives. Its about politics....not people.
You minimize the hate a growing number of Democrats have for Israel and how many Americans see right through it. You also minimize the hate center and right-of-center Americans have for terrorist organizations like Hamas - regardless of whether the Israeli PM is left leaning or not.

Regardless of who was Israel's PM, most of the people saying "Israel should do what they think is best" with Bibi would be doing the same for another PM. Though perhaps the reason Bibi is back as PM is because their previous leaders would not have been as willing to get rid of Hamas. Which of course, arrogant Americans like Chuck Schumer think they know better about who Israel needs as their leader than the citizens of Israel.

Not everything has to involve pearl clenching over Orange Man.
doubledog
BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

This has not been the Catholic or Protestant view until very recently. I'm not sure if you are saying this is a religious argument or not. If you are, there is certainly a plausible Christian defense for capital punishment. Going back to Pope John Paul II, the perspective began being shared that one of the reasons for capital punishment was to protect the public. Frankly, that's not what the Bible indicates.
1965 to be precise, at least officially for Catholics (2nd Vatican council). So tell me what the "Bible indicates"
BQRyno
AG
doubledog said:

BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

1965 to be precise, at least officially for Catholics (2nd Vatican council). So tell me what the "Bible indicates"

The Bible indicates that it's a punishment for taking a life created in the image of God.

As far as the 2nd Vatican council, you must be referring to the subsequent abolition of the death penalty in Vatican City itself. That's not the same thing, and afterward popes continued to confirm that capital punishment was acceptable as a form of punishment imposed by the state in some circumstances. If you want to debate, we at least have to agree on the facts. The Catholic doctrine on the death penalty didn't actually change until within the last 10 years unless I'm mistaken.
ArbAg
AG
BluHorseShu said:

ArbAg said:

BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

twenty minutes into video
https://www.sebgorka.com/video/president-trump-on-whos-really-running-the-biden-white-house-donald-j-trump-on-america-first
dropping truth bombs
my president
trump 2024
This is just stupid and something Trump knows his most ardent sycophants lap up. To equate someone's political leanings with how much the 'love' their chosen religion is not even remotely simple (for those that are religious). People are complex. Its just more bad form from Trump.

Trump doesn't need to lecture anyone on their faith and commitment to it.

To say it seems antithetical to vote for policies that seem converse to the religion you're part of....sure that argument can be made.

But we are in very very dangerous territory if we start equating someone's personal faith with politics.

Its all fun and games when its point out about Democrats. But if you think it would stop there and not lead to people saying the old guard GOP must hate their religion if they don't love everything the freedom caucus does, your being nave.

Its fine to talk about your personal religion in political rhetoric for elections...but when you start questioning other peoples faith if they don't vote for you...that is just asinine.

Jews still supporting dems and their obvious muslim sympathies (especially after Oct 7th) should definitely reconsider those old allegiances.

I'm certainly not saying that those who support their enemies are obviously on the wrong side for their faith. But I guarantee there are a lot of democratic Jewish people of faith that do not agree with the US asking Israel to hold back. We only hear about the vocal few.
Agree, that said I hope that the IDF will quickly finish the job and rid the earth of Hamas irrespective of any vocal few who oppose it.
AggieVictor10
AG
Now do biden and "you aint black."
hard times create strong men. Strong men create good times. good times create weak men. and weak men create hard times.

less virtue signaling, more vice signaling.

Birds aren’t real
Lol,lmao
Fjb
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Wut?? You've now become a caricature of yourself.
Cromagnum
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Not sure how that's going to play.

Biden was pilloried here, probably correctly, for saying something along those lines but for black people.

Biden effectively said blacks were too dumb to use the internet.

https://www.facebook.com/share/v/HUqP7Ww1MQxDbLM2/?mibextid=NXeFpL
doubledog
BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

The Bible indicates that it's a punishment for taking a life created in the image of God.

As far as the 2nd Vatican council, you must be referring to the subsequent abolition of the death penalty in Vatican City itself. That's not the same thing, and afterward popes continued to confirm that capital punishment was acceptable as a form of punishment imposed by the state in some circumstances. If you want to debate, we at least have to agree on the facts. The Catholic doctrine on the death penalty didn't actually change until within the last 10 years unless I'm mistaken.
And where in the new testament did Jesus say that again?
Please link a reference where any pope after the 2nd Vatican Council supported the death penalty;

BQRyno
AG
doubledog said:

BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

BQRyno said:

doubledog said:

12mn95 said:

BonfireNerd04 said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

And where in the new testament did Jesus say that again?
Please link a reference where any pope after the 2nd Vatican Council supported the death penalty;

I did not say popes supported the death penalty. I said popes confirmed that capital punishment was acceptable as a form of punishment imposed by the state in some circumstances:

"The traditional teaching of the Church does not exclude, presupposing full ascertainment of the identity and responsibility of the offender, recourse to the death penalty, when this is the only practicable way to defend the lives of human beings effectively against the aggressor.

If, instead, bloodless means are sufficient to defend against the aggressor and to protect the safety of persons, public authority should limit itself to such means, because they better correspond to the concrete conditions of the common good and are more in conformity to the dignity of the human person.

Today, in fact, given the means at the State's disposal to effectively repress crime by rendering inoffensive the one who has committed it, without depriving him definitively of the possibility of redeeming himself, cases of absolute necessity for suppression of the offender 'today ... are very rare, if not practically non-existent."

- Pope John Paul II, Evangelium Vitae, 1995

The New Testament leaves the subject unsettled, which is why I believe there is debate. Jesus does not address it directly. Paul comes close in Romans 13:1-7. I'm not saying it's clearly permitted. I'm saying there are Christian arguments both for and against capital punishment, and the Catholic doctrine only changed under Pope Francis. Even that change continues to be debated by clergy.
BQRyno
AG
Two additional thoughts:

1) There's no need to be rude or snarky
2) You could present some facts/support of your own rather than only asking questions of me. I'm not sure why the burden of proof is on me when there is millennia of Catholic doctrine confirming the acceptability of capital punishment.
BQRyno
AG
No comment?
damiond
They don't want to talk about the attack of October 7th, on Israel, because Biden is no fan of Israel. Any Jewish person that votes for Biden does not love Israel, and frankly, should be spoken to. How a Jewish person can vote for Biden is, or a Democrat, because they are on the side 100% of the Palestinians and he doesn't know how to get out of it. He's stuck. But he is...if you look at what he's done he's totally on the side of the Palestinians, and frankly, it's incredible that historically Jewish people vote for Democrats. To me, I cannot.. I know you are Jewish, Wayne, and I know you vote for me, but I don't understand it, and you probably don't understand it either. I've been more pro-Israel than any other President, by far. With Golan Heights... Throw that one in by the way, Golan Heights. Nobody even asked for it, and I got that for them. You look at the war. You look at what I did with respect to Iran, and with the horrible Iran Nuclear Deal, which Bibi Netanyahu begged Obama, at that time, begged both of them, but begged Obama not to do that deal, and I terminated that deal. And frankly, the the current group could have made any deal they wanted, but they took off the sanctions, and now Iran is a rich country again. They are a very rich country. $221 Billion dollars in cash. They had no cash. They were broke. They would have made any deal, with me. They would have made any deal. It's very sad. And, of course, moving the embassy back, and and Jerusalem being the capitol is uh... These are all tremendous things that no other President was willing to do. Uh, but, you know, it's just an amazing thing. Maybe it's just a bad habit when you vote for a Democrat. But I don't know how anybody that's Jewish could vote for a Democrat.
Jack Boyette
damiond said:

They don't want to talk about the attack of October 7th, on Israel, because Biden is no fan of Israel. Any Jewish person that votes for Biden does not love Israel, and frankly, should be spoken to. How a Jewish person can vote for Biden is, or a Democrat, because they are on the side 100% of the Palestinians and he doesn't know how to get out of it. He's stuck. But he is...if you look at what he's done he's totally on the side of the Palestinians, and frankly, it's incredible that historically Jewish people vote for Democrats. To me, I cannot.. I know you are Jewish, Wayne, and I know you vote for me, but I don't understand it, and you probably don't understand it either. I've been more pro-Israel than any other President, by far. With Golan Heights... Throw that one in by the way, Golan Heights. Nobody even asked for it, and I got that for them. You look at the war. You look at what I did with respect to Iran, and with the horrible Iran Nuclear Deal, which Bibi Netanyahu begged Obama, at that time, begged both of them, but begged Obama not to do that deal, and I terminated that deal. And frankly, the the current group could have made any deal they wanted, but they took off the sanctions, and now Iran is a rich country again. They are a very rich country. $221 Billion dollars in cash. They had no cash. They were broke. They would have made any deal, with me. They would have made any deal. It's very sad. And, of course, moving the embassy back, and and Jerusalem being the capitol is uh... These are all tremendous things that no other President was willing to do. Uh, but, you know, it's just an amazing thing. Maybe it's just a bad habit when you vote for a Democrat. But I don't know how anybody that's Jewish could vote for a Democrat.

Democrats hate religion because it requires them to be accountable for their decisions and behavior. It's no surprise that they're unhappy, miserable people with alarming rates of mental health issues.
WolfCall
AG

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/opinion/the-house-will-hold-columbia-accountable-for-its-campus-antisemitism/
Quote:

The House will hold Columbia accountable for its campus antisemitism
By Social Links forElise Stefanik
Published April 16, 2024, 5:08 p.m. ET

.....The unprecedented and continuous attacks on Israel's very existence have shocked the conscience of the world.

They also exposed the deep rot of antisemitism that exists within our society, and unfortunately no sector has allowed this rot to grow more than America's colleges and universities.

In December, I exposed just how ingrained antisemitism has become at America's so-called "elite" institutions of higher education when I questioned the presidents of Harvard, MIT and UPenn in what has become the most-viewed congressional testimony in history.

These presidents' disgraceful attempts to contextualize my straightforward question "Does calling for the genocide of Jews violate your university's code of conduct?" were a symptom of decades of moral decay, intellectual laziness and dangerous far-left radical groupthink.

Jewish students say Columbia University must address antisemitism ahead of DC hearing
As a result of this hearing, two presidents were ousted, and the House Education and the Workforce Committee and Chairwoman Virginia Foxx (R-NC) launched an investigation into antisemitism at America's colleges and universities.

Columbia University President Minouche Shafik was invited to attend December's Education Committee hearing but did not appear, citing a scheduling conflict.

Since the horrific Oct. 7 terrorist attacks, antisemitism and antisemitic attacks at Columbia have been egregious and commonplace.

Shafik and Columbia board of trustees co-chairs will appear before the committee Wednesday to answer questions regarding their failures to ensure Jewish students are able to attend school in a safe environment....
You voted for this because you didn't like Mean Tweets?!
Muy
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Not sure how that's going to play.

Biden was pilloried here, probably correctly, for saying something along those lines but for black people.

Yeah they are exactly the same.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.