trumps says any jew that votes dim hates their religion

7,782 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Muy
12mn95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sims said:

Huge difference between those who identify as Jewish from a cultural perspective versus those who identify as Jewish from a religious perspective. That distinction is certainly something to consider in his commentary (admittedly I haven't listened to it)

Very similar to many Democrat's "I'm devoutly Catholic" but "let's kill all the babies" behavior.
Or Republicans "I'm devoutly Catholic" but are for the death penalty. Catholicism vehemently opposes capital punishment. If you are Catholic both instances are wrong...
El Gallo Blanco
barbacoa taco said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say. It's also really stupid and won't win Jewish voters over.

ETA: it was also stupid for Biden to say what he said about black people in 2020

As a Jew, Trump is completely correct. Jews that vote for the party that embraces Hamas supporters are voting against their purported religion. Of course, Democrat Jews don't practice any real form of the religion.

There's nothing antisemitic about pointing out it's bad to vote for the party that is overtly trying to undermine Israel to placate the radicals in their party.
Jews are under no obligation to support the state of Israel or everything its government does. You can't paint that broad of a brush on an entire religion/ethnicity. It's a bigoted thing to say.
And queers-4-palestine are free to support the same pedophile worshiping Palestinian barbarians that would gladly kill them and parade them through the streets. No one is saying Jewish dems can't be idiots. We're just calling them idiots.
BluHorseShu
AG
BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say. It's also really stupid and won't win Jewish voters over.

ETA: it was also stupid for Biden to say what he said about black people in 2020

As a Jew, Trump is completely correct. Jews that vote for the party that embraces Hamas supporters are voting against their purported religion. Of course, Democrat Jews don't practice any real form of the religion.

There's nothing antisemitic about pointing out it's bad to vote for the party that is overtly trying to undermine Israel to placate the radicals in their party.
Wow...So you speak for all Jewish people? I can tell you that as a conservative and a Christian, I know many conservatives that don't practice their faith. So tying commitment to ones faith to their politics seems incredibly one dimensional
Jews and Christians are apples and oranges. There are plenty of Jewish people who are Jewish culturally and ethnically but aren't religious at all. Conversely, there is no such thing as an ethnic or cultural Christian. Now, there are folks who practice what some (including myself) would say is a watered down version of Christianity that doesn't comport with the Bible, but that's a different discussion. There are plenty of ethnically and culturally Jewish people who see nothing wrong with disparaging Judaism.
I get that. Except the comment from Trump was about hating their religion, not their culture/heritage.
El Gallo Blanco
BluHorseShu said:

BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Wow...So you speak for all Jewish people? I can tell you that as a conservative and a Christian, I know many conservatives that don't practice their faith. So tying commitment to ones faith to their politics seems incredibly one dimensional
Jews and Christians are apples and oranges. There are plenty of Jewish people who are Jewish culturally and ethnically but aren't religious at all. Conversely, there is no such thing as an ethnic or cultural Christian. Now, there are folks who practice what some (including myself) would say is a watered down version of Christianity that doesn't comport with the Bible, but that's a different discussion. There are plenty of ethnically and culturally Jewish people who see nothing wrong with disparaging Judaism.
I get that. Except the comment from Trump was about hating their religion, not their culture/heritage.
They might as well hate their religion by what they actively support through their vote. They are literally voting against the interests of Jerusalem/Israel/their holy lands/Jewish people surrounded by violent barbaric muslim states.

If Trump had said something like "It's as if these Jews hate their fellow Jews abroad" or "Given their actions, they might as well hate Judaism" or something along those line, would that pacify some of you?
BluHorseShu
AG
Ol Rock said:

Uncomfortable truth, the Democrat party is against most traditional religions. Trump could have said the same thing about Christians.

If you're a Christian and vote Democrat, you are either mind-bogglingly ignorant or voting actively against your faith.
The question of naivety or ignorance about how ones politics defines ones faith is a a better consideration. The idea that they 'hate' their religion is just stupid. We're at a place now where we are now, literally saying that if you vote democrat (and I'm not talking far left anti religion goofballs) you are not Christian.

It doesn't matter whether I think it has merit or not. Its a bad place for us to be when our degree of faith is judged by how others perceive how we vote. People can make a broad generalization but they need to indicate that they're aware it doesn't encompass every person in the group they refer to.

And by no means does voting conservative mean you have any more commitment to your faith. It can just mean you vote Republican and go to church on Easter and Christmas.

Trump is the perfect example. He's been all over the map with his party affiliation. And his commitment to his faith is not the kind anyone should champion.

And for those who think I'm goal tending... I think the same of Biden. As a Catholic I abhor his decisions to support abortion etc.
BluHorseShu
AG
El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

They might as well hate their religion by what they actively support through their vote. They are literally voting against the interests of Jerusalem/Israel/their holy lands/Jewish people surrounded by violent barbaric muslim states.

If Trump had said something like "It's as if these Jews hate their fellow Jews abroad" or "Given their actions, they might as well hate Judaism" or something along those line, would that pacify some of you?
I don't need to be pacified but I'm not one who needs to support every idiotic thing Trump says or the way he says it just to get his based foaming at the mouth. Someone who really thinks before they speak would phrase it a whole lot differently. And to say everyone on the right supports Jewish people and Israel is just naive. And many that support Israel do it for the political gain....not because they genuinely care about Israel. And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
El Gallo Blanco
BluHorseShu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

I don't need to be pacified but I'm not one who needs to support every idiotic thing Trump says or the way he says it just to get his based foaming at the mouth. Someone who really thinks before they speak would phrase it a whole lot differently. And to say everyone on the right supports Jewish people and Israel is just naive. And many that support Israel do it for the political gain....not because they genuinely care about Israel. And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
I don't either...I'm a Desantis guy and can't believe we passed up on that opportunity. That being said...i think most on here have ALWAYS supported Israel, regardles of their leader, because look at the alternative in that region. Even a left-winged Israel is heavily preferred over the alternative.

But I see the point Trump was making, i just wish he'd say it better. Because I think a TON of conservatives have been saying similar for a long time now. Majority of Jews supporting the truly anti-semitic party is absurd. I guess they value things like abortion and drag queen story hour more than preserving ancient Jewish Holy Lands.
rgvag11
El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

El Gallo Blanco said:

BluHorseShu said:

BQRyno said:

BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

I don't either...I'm a Desantis guy and can't believe we passed up on that opportunity. That being said...i think most on here have ALWAYS supported Israel, regardles of their leader, because look at the alternative in that region. Even a left-winged Israel is heavily preferred over the alternative.

But I see the point Trump was making, i just wish he'd say it better. Because I think a TON of conservatives have been saying similar for a long time now. Majority of Jews supporting the truly anti-semitic party is absurd. I guess they value things like abortion and drag queen story hour more than preserving ancient Jewish Holy Lands.

That is an absurd notion, but there are many here that believe it. Probably all Christians too.
Joes
Old Army Metal said:

Not sure how that's going to play.

Biden was pilloried here, probably correctly, for saying something along those lines but for black people.

Agreed. No matter how intended it always comes off as insulting. The whole "if you don't do ________ then you're not a real _______" needs to stop.

Even in cases when it might be true it's certainly not a way to win anyone over.

From the most inconsequential instances to the more serious nobody wants to be lectured things like "If you don't buy the new album then you're not really a fan", or "if you don't make it to all your kids games then you don't really love them." The only reaction you'll get in any of those is "**** off, you don't know me or my situation."

Fins Up!
AG
Democrats hate Christianity also.
Urban Ag
AG
Old Army Metal said:

barbacoa taco said:

It's a dumb and immature thing to say. He has no right to tell people they hate their religion.
he certainly does have the right to

If you want him to lose the election, this is the sort of behavior you would think you'd want to encourage.

Then again, it's Trump. Nothing he says, at all, matters in the slightest to anyone. It's all sound and fury, signifying nothing.
This is weapons grade stupid take.

What he says matters. Many of us tried. We wanted DeSantis. Still do. But we're stuck with Trump, this cycle.

I mean, you "should" get it considering who you're pot committed to re-electing.

ArbAg
AG
BluHorseShu said:

damiond said:

twenty minutes into video
https://www.sebgorka.com/video/president-trump-on-whos-really-running-the-biden-white-house-donald-j-trump-on-america-first
dropping truth bombs
my president
trump 2024
This is just stupid and something Trump knows his most ardent sycophants lap up. To equate someone's political leanings with how much the 'love' their chosen religion is not even remotely simple (for those that are religious). People are complex. Its just more bad form from Trump.

Trump doesn't need to lecture anyone on their faith and commitment to it.

To say it seems antithetical to vote for policies that seem converse to the religion you're part of....sure that argument can be made.

But we are in very very dangerous territory if we start equating someone's personal faith with politics.

Its all fun and games when its point out about Democrats. But if you think it would stop there and not lead to people saying the old guard GOP must hate their religion if they don't love everything the freedom caucus does, your being nave.

Its fine to talk about your personal religion in political rhetoric for elections...but when you start questioning other peoples faith if they don't vote for you...that is just asinine.

Jews still supporting dems and their obvious muslim sympathies (especially after Oct 7th) should definitely reconsider those old allegiances.
Claverack
When your opposition proves your point (Shumer and Sanders in particular.) by deed and word, you don't get in their way saying something politically dumb yourself.

Jewish voters see the Biden Administration bending over backwards to keep Hamas intact. I think Trump's backing of Israel and his promotion of peace in the region with the Abraham Accords will give him an increased share of the Jewish vote compared to his result in 2020.

But clumsy rhetoric like this might cut into his potential to make even greater advances with the Jewish vote.

Not to worry. Biden will be along shortly with his next proposal to keep Hamas large and in charge.

BonfireNerd04
12mn95 said:

Sims said:

Huge difference between those who identify as Jewish from a cultural perspective versus those who identify as Jewish from a religious perspective. That distinction is certainly something to consider in his commentary (admittedly I haven't listened to it)

Very similar to many Democrat's "I'm devoutly Catholic" but "let's kill all the babies" behavior.
Or Republicans "I'm devoutly Catholic" but are for the death penalty. Catholicism vehemently opposes capital punishment. If you are Catholic both instances are wrong...
The problem with this argument is that the scales of the problems are nowhere near equivalent.

While Roe was in effect, the USA had an average of 1.2 million abortions per year (though the numbers had been declining recently). But only about 30 executions per year.

Does the "murder" of a convict outweigh that of 40,000 unborn? Especially when you consider that the person had a Constitutional guarantee of a fair trial and protection from "cruel and unusual punishment", which victims of abortion don't get?

Is "the lesser of two evils" not quantifiable?
BonfireNerd04
Quote:

dems and their obvious muslim sympathies
The weird thing about this is that except for "oppressed victim" framing, Muslims have nearly nothing in common with Democrats and their sexual and gender ideology.

Its as if the party defines itself by hatred of Christians (and those Jews who care about Israel), and Muslims are useful allies in this cause.
Yukon Cornelius
AG
Yukon Cornelius
AG
barbacoa taco said:

It's a dumb and immature thing to say. He has no right to tell people they hate their religion.

1st amendment says he does have a right to say it.
BonfireNerd04
barbacoa taco said:

It's a dumb and immature thing to say.

IOW, Donald Trump being Donald Trump. Don't read too much into it.
TheBonifaceOption
barbacoa taco said:

Rofl he's not gonna win the Jewish vote anyway. They are 90/10.

But if there is one thing American Jews love it's self loathing and Trump is telling them what they already know.
BTKAG97
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Not sure how that's going to play.
Sure you do
Fightin_Aggie
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Just as Christians shouldn't vote for Democrats.
Honestly you could say that about anyone except criminals and the mentally ill
The world needs mean tweets

My Pronouns Ultra and MAGA

Trump 2024
BonfireNerd04
TheBonifaceOption said:

barbacoa taco said:

Rofl he's not gonna win the Jewish vote anyway. They are 90/10.

But if there is one thing American Jews love it's self loathing and Trump is telling them what they already know.
More like 70-30. No other demographic group in the US is as politically monolithic as Black people.
rwtxag83
AG
Bird Poo said:

Slicer97 said:

Bird Poo said:

How can anyone defend those statements?
I don't see anyone defending those statements, only his right to utter them.

For once, I'll agree with Old Army Metal. I don't care what the dude says. I'm interested in what he does policy-wise. When it comes to policy, he's a far preferable choice than Biden. And this is from someone who voted for DeSantis in the primary as well.

Fair enough. No one is saying he doesn't have a right to say dumb things. But if he's hoping to win over new voters, good luck with that.

Actually, YOU said exactly that!
Greater love hath no man than this....
ts5641
AgFormerlyInIrving said:

He's not wrong.
He's right, as he usually is, but just communicates it so clunky that it's usually fodder for the media.
Bird Poo
AG
12mn95 said:

Sims said:

You don't know many practicing Catholics.
BQRyno
AG
Bird Poo said:

12mn95 said:

Sims said:

You don't know many practicing Catholics.

And Catholic doctrine supported the death penalty until relatively VERY recently. As in post-2000 recently. So the idea that Catholicism "vehemently opposes" capital punishment is quite a stretch. As recently as last century, the church was still writing defenses of capital punishment, as they had for hundreds of years prior.
BigRobSA
hoopla said:

AgGrad99 said:

barbacoa taco said:

I agree, it is dumb.

But of course he has the right. He is allowed to say what he observes. And if he observes that their voting patterns are in direct contradiction to their faith, he can make that claim.

But just because you can, doesn't mean you should...and he's incapable of filtering his comments.

I think at this point, he's 'flooded the zone'. He says so many controversial things, that it doesnt matter anymore. If you were going to be offended by him, by this point, you are.

Where in the Torah is this supposed contradiction based?

Does this observation apply to any Jew that desires a ceasefire, whether they vote Democrat or not?

It's the entire Torah, I'd assume. Like the Bible, the Torah would tell a Jewish person how to attempt to live a holy life. None of that includes stealing earned money from one person and giving it to lazy people, putting racism into policy and other Democrat platforms.

And "yes".
ShaggySLC
Bird Poo said:

AgGrad99 said:

barbacoa taco said:

I agree, it is dumb.

But of course he has the right. He is allowed to say what he observes. And if he observes that their voting patterns are in direct contradiction to their faith, he can make that claim.

But just because you can, doesn't mean you should...and he's incapable of filtering his comments.

I think at this point, he's 'flooded the zone'. He says so many things that it doesnt matter anymore. If you were going to be offended by him, by this point, you are.

There's a difference in pointing out a contradiction, and then saying you hate your religion. I mean, it's so colossally stupid to say something like that. How can anyone defend those statements? Is this where we interpret what is he meant like the Pope'?
What else would you call it when you're voting for a party that is actively helping Hamas try to genocide Jews? That party's constituents are screaming for it in every major city in the country.

edit: We know you support DeSantis so won't be voting for Trump, save us that lecture please.
IslanderAg04
barbacoa taco said:

Well the guy you voted for did tell every black American if they didn't vote for him they weren't black. How did that work out? Still voted vastly majority democrat by the largest margin.

This 100% makes more sense.

Bidens commitment to progressive pro Hamas voters in Dearborn MI as a much worse look, and what he's targeting .
cevans_40
AG
Opalka said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Which is part of the reason why the Christian religion is shrinking. Mixing religion and politics is NOT a good idea, but Evangelicals started this snowball mess. It's been a downhill disaster ever since.
The religion is shrinking because it asks you to be disciplined and say no to certain things. We don't have that in any level of society anymore.

Nothing to do with politics

Logos Stick
cevans_40 said:

Opalka said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Which is part of the reason why the Christian religion is shrinking. Mixing religion and politics is NOT a good idea, but Evangelicals started this snowball mess. It's been a downhill disaster ever since.
The religion is shrinking because it asks you to be disciplined and say no to certain things. We don't have that in any level of society anymore.

Nothing to do with politics

Sims
AG
12mn95 said:

Sims said:

Sure, you're not wrong in absolute terms. I think it's worth highlighting the issue in the comparison is that most people subject to the death penalty (at least as prescribed in our contemporary model) have been guilty. 0% of the babies killed by abortion have ever been guilty of a crime deserving a worldly capital punishment.

There are obvious flaws with capital punishment and many of those who have been killed have later been found to be innocent and that's terrifying.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Opalka said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

You literally just made this up.
Gigem314
AG
Quote:

And if Israel had a more left leaning Prime Minister...there would be alot of silence here...even with the October massacre. We like Bebe because he's conservative
Uh, no. People would still be saying Israel had the right to defend itself and go after the goons that Democrats in this country are goal-tending for. It had nothing to do with Bibi. It's just an extra bonus that we get to see Bibi look at Biden like a fragile old lady in a retirement home.
Jack Boyette
Sh****SLC said:

Bird Poo said:

AgGrad99 said:

barbacoa taco said:

I agree, it is dumb.

I think at this point, he's 'flooded the zone'. He says so many things that it doesnt matter anymore. If you were going to be offended by him, by this point, you are.

There's a difference in pointing out a contradiction, and then saying you hate your religion. I mean, it's so colossally stupid to say something like that. How can anyone defend those statements? Is this where we interpret what is he meant like the Pope'?
What else would you call it when you're voting for a party that is actively helping Hamas try to genocide Jews? That party's constituents are screaming for it in every major city in the country.

edit: We know you support DeSantis so won't be voting for Trump, save us that lecture please.

Imagine being so incredibly childish that you won't vote for a politician that has a great track record AND in the party you support because you don't like him personally…even though you don't know him personally and never will.

I can't imaging being that stupid….and actually thinking I sound smart.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.