trumps says any jew that votes dim hates their religion

7,807 Views | 132 Replies | Last: 5 mo ago by Muy
kb2001
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is almost as dumb as Biden's comment about black voters.
Tramp96
The majority of American Jews don't even practice their religion. They like being the race of Jew, but they don't particularly care to practice the religion of Judaism. They are JINOs. And the liberal JINOs are not fans of Israel.

ArbAg
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Just as Christians shouldn't vote for Democrats.

Agree…

Just as anyone who truly loves America shouldn't vote for democrats.
ArbAg
AG
Bird Poo said:

barbacoa taco said:

It's a dumb and immature thing to say. He has no right to tell people they hate their religion.

It's exactly why I voted for DeSantis in the primary. Trump is a effing idiot.

Apparently you hate truth bombs and the unprecedented respect Trump has repeatedly shown Jews.
Tex117
AG
Any comment treating any voting bloc as a monolith is stupid at best.

</end thread>
Faustus
Trump has done more for everyone than anyone in his mind, and because he's done so much for you you owe him fealty.

It doesn't matter who you are.

Taylor Swift:
https://truthsocial.com/@realDonaldTrump/111913990846366079
Quote:

I signed and was responsible for the Music Modernization Act for Taylor Swift and all other Musical Artists. Joe Biden didn't do anything for Taylor, and never will. There's no way she could endorse Crooked Joe Biden, the worst and most corrupt President in the History of our Country, and be disloyal to the man who made her so much money. Besides that, I like her boyfriend, Travis, even though he may be a Liberal, and probably can't stand me!

Black folks:
https://www.usnews.com/news/national-news/articles/2024-02-26/quotes-trumps-comments-on-black-issues-over-time
Quote:

"I've said this and I say it openly and not a lot of people dispute it: I've done more for Black Americans than anybody with the possible exception of Abraham Lincoln. Nobody has even been close."

Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

I meant it in an informal sense and not a legal sense. I know he has the legal right to say stupid things.

He loves to be divisive and say stupid and divisive things, and this is no exception

He doesn't say divisive things. The media twists his words out of context and stupid people, like democrats, believe it.
dBoy99
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Not sure how that's going to play.

Biden was pilloried here, probably correctly, for saying something along those lines but for black people.

Yet it didn't hurt him at the ballot box...
Cinco Ranch Aggie
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Biden was pilloried here, probably correctly, for saying something along those lines but for black people.
You know how it's going to play.

Trump could state right now that the sun rises in the east, or that water is wet, or any other random known fact, and leftists heads would explode.
Logos Stick
most Jews in the US dont give a crap about Judaism
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say.

lol wut??

Words have meaning, larry. This isn't DU.
barbacoa taco
AG
Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

I meant it in an informal sense and not a legal sense. I know he has the legal right to say stupid things.

He loves to be divisive and say stupid and divisive things, and this is no exception

He doesn't say divisive things. The media twists his words out of context and stupid people, like democrats, believe it.
you can't pull the "out of context" card on this one
Jack Boyette
barbacoa taco said:

Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

I don't have to. It isn't divisive unless you're a low IQ dumbass. It's perfectly logical. You being offended on behalf of people your narcissism tells you to "save" doesn't change anything.
Opalka
AG
Funky Winkerbean said:

Which is part of the reason why the Christian religion is shrinking. Mixing religion and politics is NOT a good idea, but Evangelicals started this snowball mess. It's been a downhill disaster ever since.
Jack Boyette
Opalka said:

Funky Winkerbean said:

Which is part of the reason why the Christian religion is shrinking. Mixing religion and politics is NOT a good idea, but Evangelicals started this snowball mess. It's been a downhill disaster ever since.

Yeah…it's Christians' fault for being too Christian!

Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

Jack Boyette said:

barbacoa taco said:

I don't have to. It isn't divisive unless you're a low IQ dumbass. It's perfectly logical. You being offended on behalf of people your narcissism tells you to "save" doesn't change anything.
Slicer97
AG
Opalka said:

Mixing religion and politics is NOT a good idea
Then why is politics the religion of the left?
Central Committee
AG
Tramp96 said:

The majority of American Jews don't even practice their religion. They like being the race of Jew, but they don't particularly care to practice the religion of Judaism. They are JINOs. And the liberal JINOs are not fans of Israel.

This.

I spent 6 years working in NYC, and found this to be very true. I had discussions with my Jewish friends and colleagues quite a few times because I was shocked by this for some reason.

Those of Jewish descent that are not observant really could care less about the nation of Israel. While it would not be surprising for Americans of Jewish descent to not actively track the current events in Israel (I don't follow German politics either), these are issues of existential threats and the survival of an entire nation.
We may not always get what we want. We may not always get what we need. Just so we don't get what we deserve.
Kvetch
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say. It's also really stupid and won't win Jewish voters over.

ETA: it was also stupid for Biden to say what he said about black people in 2020

As a Jew, Trump is completely correct. Jews that vote for the party that embraces Hamas supporters are voting against their purported religion. Of course, Democrat Jews don't practice any real form of the religion.

There's nothing antisemitic about pointing out it's bad to vote for the party that is overtly trying to undermine Israel to placate the radicals in their party.
Science Denier
AG
Old Army Metal said:

Telling someone you hate your religion is not saying you are not black.
Now, had Biden said if you vote (R) you hate black people, that would be similar.

Just clarifying.
LOL OLD
BluHorseShu
AG
damiond said:

twenty minutes into video
https://www.sebgorka.com/video/president-trump-on-whos-really-running-the-biden-white-house-donald-j-trump-on-america-first
dropping truth bombs
my president
trump 2024
This is just stupid and something Trump knows his most ardent sycophants lap up. To equate someone's political leanings with how much the 'love' their chosen religion is not even remotely simple (for those that are religious). People are complex. Its just more bad form from Trump.

Trump doesn't need to lecture anyone on their faith and commitment to it.

To say it seems antithetical to vote for policies that seem converse to the religion you're part of....sure that argument can be made.

But we are in very very dangerous territory if we start equating someone's personal faith with politics.

Its all fun and games when its point out about Democrats. But if you think it would stop there and not lead to people saying the old guard GOP must hate their religion if they don't love everything the freedom caucus does, your being nave.

Its fine to talk about your personal religion in political rhetoric for elections...but when you start questioning other peoples faith if they don't vote for you...that is just asinine.
BluHorseShu
AG
Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Now THAT is an antisemitic thing to say. It's also really stupid and won't win Jewish voters over.

ETA: it was also stupid for Biden to say what he said about black people in 2020

As a Jew, Trump is completely correct. Jews that vote for the party that embraces Hamas supporters are voting against their purported religion. Of course, Democrat Jews don't practice any real form of the religion.

There's nothing antisemitic about pointing out it's bad to vote for the party that is overtly trying to undermine Israel to placate the radicals in their party.
Wow...So you speak for all Jewish people? I can tell you that as a conservative and a Christian, I know many conservatives that don't practice their faith. So tying commitment to ones faith to their politics seems incredibly one dimensional
Bryanisbest
AG
The Jews know Trump is totally on their side unless they are Shumer like Jews. He has proven that in his first 4 years.
BQRyno
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Wow...So you speak for all Jewish people? I can tell you that as a conservative and a Christian, I know many conservatives that don't practice their faith. So tying commitment to ones faith to their politics seems incredibly one dimensional
Jews and Christians are apples and oranges. There are plenty of Jewish people who are Jewish culturally and ethnically but aren't religious at all. Conversely, there is no such thing as an ethnic or cultural Christian. Now, there are folks who practice what some (including myself) would say is a watered down version of Christianity that doesn't comport with the Bible, but that's a different discussion. There are plenty of ethnically and culturally Jewish people who see nothing wrong with disparaging Judaism.
El Gallo Blanco
Old Army Metal said:

Actual merit and logic behind Trump's statement though. Whereas the dem party has wreaked havoc and inflicted irreversible damage and destruction on the black community for decades. I see what you were trying to do, but, as usual...swing and a miss.
El Gallo Blanco
barbacoa taco said:

How is being pro-Israel and pro-Jew "antisemitic"?
barbacoa taco
AG
Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Jews are under no obligation to support the state of Israel or everything its government does. You can't paint that broad of a brush on an entire religion/ethnicity. It's a bigoted thing to say.
BQRyno
AG
barbacoa taco said:

Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Jews are under no obligation to support the state of Israel or everything its government does. You can't paint that broad of a brush on an entire religion/ethnicity. It's a bigoted thing to say.

UntoldSpirit
AG
I'm not saying Trump's comment has as little merit as Biden's, but why use stupid plays out of Biden's playbook?

Not nominating DeSantis is the stupidest thing Republicans have done in a long time, and that's saying something.
YouBet
AG
barbacoa taco said:

It's a dumb and immature thing to say. He has no right to tell people they hate their religion.

Probably more accurate for him to say that Jews voting Democrat are naive morons. They are the second dumbest voting block behind blacks when it comes to people voting against their own interests.
BQRyno
AG
UntoldSpirit said:

I'm not saying Trump's comment has as little merit as Biden's, but why use stupid plays out of Biden's playbook?

Not nominating DeSantis is the stupidest thing Republicans have done in a long time, and that's saying something.
I love Desantis. If I could appoint a president, I think he'd get the most accomplished for conservatism of any president in the last 100 years.

That said, he doesn't excite anyone but conservatives. He's not bringing anyone into the party. It's bizarre, but Trump does. He has endorsements from freaking rappers. I don't get it. But I'll take it.
LMCane
Slicer97 said:

The folks that wasn't going to win over weren't going to vote for him anyways.
Trump is an idiot when it comes to trying to GAIN VOTES in a political race. he always has been.

he has the real opportunity to pick off a few thousand Jewish voters in Scottsdale, Atlanta and Philadelphia.

which could have won him the election

instead he says stupid 2#$@# like this.

as another smart poster already stated- Biden was JUSTIFIABLY pilloried for claiming no Black person could vote for Trump.

how is this any different?!?!
Ol Rock
AG
Uncomfortable truth, the Democrat party is against most traditional religions. Trump could have said the same thing about Christians.

If you're a Christian and vote Democrat, you are either mind-bogglingly ignorant or voting actively against your faith.
BonfireNerd04
Ben Shapiro (who is Jewish, ICYMI) mentioned this comment on his show recently, and basically agrees with Trump. Because land of Israel is really damn important to Jewish history and culture, and to the 7 million Jews currently living there. And thus, if a person is seriously committed to being a member of the Jewish people, it's very important for Israel to win their current war.
BonfireNerd04
Kvetch said:

barbacoa taco said:

Username checks out.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.