Mitch McConnell's SIL dies in car "accident"?

49,640 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepanic95
ValleyRatAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Probably an unfortunate accident. Stuff like this happens all the time. But she just happens to be a high profile person or nobody would be talking about it at all.

I agree, I think it was most likely an accident. I've seen innocent stuff go terribly wrong on places like that. Especially at night with people likely not used to being in rural areas.
Texas velvet maestro
ValleyRatAg said:

Probably an unfortunate accident. Stuff like this happens all the time. But she just happens to be a high profile person or nobody would be talking about it at all.

I agree, I think it was most likely an accident. I've seen innocent stuff go terribly wrong on places like that. Especially at night with people likely not used to being in rural areas.
Typical rural area coincidence. a formosan princess making a late night cigarette run. a pond.
wessimo
AG

Death of shipping CEO Angela Chao under 'criminal investigation,' Texas sheriff says

https://www.cnbc.com/amp/2024/02/29/angela-chao-death-being-investigated-as-criminal-matter.html
MarkTwain
Hmmm so a Tesla has cameras all over it, the damn car has 9 cameras, 8 external and 1 internal

[ol]
  • A camera is mounted above the rear license plate.
  • Ultrasonic sensors (if equipped) are located in the front and rear bumpers.
  • A camera is mounted in each door pillar.
  • Three cameras are mounted to the windshield above the rear view mirror.
  • A camera is mounted to each front fender.
  • Radar (if equipped) is mounted behind the front bumper.
  • [/ol]

There's all the evidence they need to see what happened

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
    aggiehawg
    AG
    Quote:

• In a letter to the state's attorney general, the sheriff said his office was "investigating this accident as a criminal matter until they have sufficient evidence to rule out criminal activity."

Rule out? Prelim autopsy results could not rule out drowning as COD?

Confused. Did she have sufficient water in her lungs to have drowned or not?
    Tibbers
    Perhaps the injuries do not match up with the autopsy results? Perhaps there wasn't enough water in the lungs to suggest she had drowned, meaning, she died another way? I have no clue, but to see this get bumped up to a criminal investigation seems to suggest the facts do not add up to her car simply backing into a pond.

Again, who called 911? And you're absolutely correct that the cameras should tell the tale if the video data is still able to be obtained from the Tesla, right?
    aggiehawg
    AG
    Again,had a close family member die in a boating accident, problem was he did not drown. Dead before he was in the water. In that case there was a reason for that.

Is there a reason for that here?
    Stat Monitor Repairman
    If she was un-alive when the car entered the water it would explain why she didn't call 911 from inside the car.
    aggiehawg
    AG

If she was un-alive when the car entered the water it would explain why she didn't call 911 from inside the car.
    There could be agonal breathing (meaning she was dying from another cause) that might account for some water in the lungs. Enough for her to have drowned?
    Tibbers
    No way to tell without the autopsy data. Apparently Tesla's have a usb drive that captures mainly the dashcam video so that might be accessible. Kind of like a black box of sorts for the car. Further, if the police were so inclined, they could glean the telemetry data from the account attached to the Tesla. It will contain gps location, speed of travel, etc. Video may not be accessible, it depends on whatever was picked up by the camera from what I gather but that information would be of great use to recreate the accident. Since this has been bumped up to a criminal matter, I would imagine the police are already working on that info or have already, right?
    Stat Monitor Repairman

Quote:

"This incident was not a typical accident," the Blanco County Sheriff's Office wrote in a letter to Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton on Thursday.

"Although the preliminary investigation indicated this was an unfortunate accident, the Sheriff's Office is still investigating this accident as a criminal matter until they have sufficient evidence to rule out criminal activity," the letter said.

Since Chao's death has remained the subject of a criminal probe, the Blanco County Sheriff's public information officer told the attorney general that reports, 911 logs, audio and video evidence as well as other material should not yet be released to media outlets that requested them, including CNBC.
    The Sheriff initially thought it was an accident. That was the preliminary assessment a few days after the incident.

Seems like they looked at it more and have concluded that "Chao's death was not "a typical accident"

I'd imagine that Blanco county has open records requests coming out of their ass, and are probably concerned with complying with the law and loking for a backstop. Some support from the AG.

So that's what looks to have happened. Sheriff writes a letter to the Texas AG requesting an opinion. Sheriff apparently tells the AG that the situation warrants further criminal investigation so they are going to reject the requests on the basis of on a ongoing investigation.

So that seems like where we are at. It's being investigated so nothing further unless the investigators / DA decides to release it.

Will be interesting to see where this goes, and also whether this remains a local investigation.

MarkTwain
    This announcement is a tactic. They can cold case it and be able to sit on the paperwork and official records to either appease the family wishes or just cover for what really happened. But there is no doubt this is a really suspect so called accident.
    “Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
    Tibbers
    You're probable right. Just looking at Angela Chao's relationship history, I found it interesting that she married Bruce Wasserstein, a major investment banker, the same year he died of a heart attack and then married Steven Breyer in 2012, another investment banker. The first one is strange, the second is seemingly a pattern? No idea, but it's all very strange to me. Lots of money and power flowing through that family.
    gigemags-99
    AG
    C@LAg said:

sonnysixkiller said:

What is the reason I should give two ****s about this??
    Chinese ninjas have been streaming over the border, and are now committing political assassinations to serve as threats to mitch mcconnell to keep the border open.

duh

Ninjas are Japanese. That's all I can contribute to this thread.
    nortex97
    AG
    I didn't realize she was the CEO of the family CCP business until this am.

RanchoBrushyTop
    buT i KnoW A neighBoR That sayS SHe is maRRied and GOes to CHurCh!!!

RanchoBrushyTop
    ABATTBQ87 said:

What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.

Not to derail, but you seem lost and likely poor.
    nortex97
    AG
    aggiehawg said:

There could be agonal breathing (meaning she was dying from another cause) that might account for some water in the lungs. Enough for her to have drowned?
    Reading that I immediately thought to myself "they're gonna blame this on covid somehow, aren't they?"

The only thing we know for sure is they won't blame the Tesla. Wait, that's not true, Elon is an enemy of the swamp now.
    D Nauti
    RanchoBrushyTop said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.

Not to derail, but you seem lost and likely poor.
    That's not even Blanco, it's the intersection of 290 and 281, the closest town is probably Henley which has a population of about 20.
    Tibbers
    RanchoBrushyTop said:

buT i KnoW A neighBoR That sayS SHe is maRRied and GOes to CHurCh!!!

Where did that poster go? Also the one who said they knew about the property? Where did they go?
    Tibbers
    https://theintercept.com/2019/05/03/biden-son-china-business/

Megvii huh? Guess who also invested with them…hmmm
    Tibbers
    https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.202751/gov.uscourts.dcd.202751.193.0_3.pdf

Could this be connected?
    Texas velvet maestro
    maybe this event is effectively a message to a number of people. nefarious chicom ties may have consequences. again.
    TAMUallen
    AG
    Weird thread reinforces being a really weird thread!
    Tibbers
    Texas velvet maestro said:

maybe this event is effectively a message to a number of people. nefarious chicom ties may have consequences. again.

I mean, what better source for info for Catherine than this woman who has ties to all parties? Biden, China, and her husband's business dealings.

And what better place to ensure no witnesses than a lavish gated ranch in the middle of nowhere?
    TAMUallen
    AG
    Curious to see if our previous posters with inside information want to post again? Surely this is all the buzz in the community now because it seemed to have already been a hot talking point they needed to share initially.
    Tibbers
    TAMUallen said:

Curious to see if our previous posters with inside information want to post again? Surely this is all the buzz in the community now because it seemed to have already been a hot talking point they needed to share initially.

One would think, right?
    texagbeliever
    EVAg said:

This is a terribly insensitive thread and should be taken down for the good of all Aggies.

Angela was a close neighbor, a casual friend of my wife's, and a member of our church. She was an amazing person, one of the nicest you'll ever meet. She was just asking for advice on schools for her not-yet-elementary age baby, who she leaves behind and now won't grow up with a mom because a trucker ran a red light.

It's a tragedy.

My wife (not an ag & not on TA) sent me a text today when this thread made its way around the web with the quote "your aggies are a-holes". Come on y'all.
    You might want to reply back: "Texags: We Know Stuff." Or if you really want to wow here you can even buy her a t-shirt.
    texagbeliever
    ABATTBQ11 said:

It's not Aggies. It's the MAGA "conservatives" looking to **** on Mitch McConnell for any reason and find conspiracy wherever they can. All they're doing here is repeating the conspiracy theorist bull**** they find elsewhere.
    Oh look a poster who invoked the MAGA name as a smear. Even though no evidence this idea had MAGA related to it in any way. This should be considered trolling. Now it can be considered premature. Soon it will be considered wrong. So a normal MAGA conservative conspiracy theory to be fair.
    aggiehawg
    AG
    Is this the place?

MarkTwain
    aggiehawg said:

Is this the place?

That's it

Running M Ranch

101 Schneider Lane

Johnson City, TX 78636

https://www.manta.com/c/mtmj1mc/running-m-ranch
    Tibbers
    Another thing to note, the night she died was Chinese New Year, wasn't it? Wouldn't that ensure multiple people would be present? Like a party of some sort or at least entertaining guests, right?
    TAMUallen
    AG
    Texas velvet maestro
    now you're posting pics of chinese food. nothing to do with their communism and this death event.
    El Gallo Blanco
    Really interested to hear from the 1-2 posters who swore earlier in the thread this was some type of traffic accident gone wrong. Do chicoms have posters here?

subscribe Verify your student status
    See Subscription Benefits
    Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.