Mitch McConnell's SIL dies in car "accident"?

49,647 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepanic95
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
J. Walter Weatherman said:

I don't even understand what the "conspiracy" is supposed to be here. That she's still alive and hanging out with JFK Jr. ready to launch a surprise run as his VP? That she was killed by the deep state for being a super secret triple agent for Taiwan, China and the US?

Sounds like she accidentally drove her car into a lake on private property and sadly passed away, and the family wanted to keep things private while they mourned what happened. This thread is bizarre.
i think the bizarre part is after a tweet that she drove her tesla into a pond on a private ranch, there are posters who knew her claiming it was actually a trucker running a red light. ...with very few red lights and no reports of accidents, seems little bizarre. that is all.
Dufflepud
From the Washington Times.
BluHorseShu
AG
Rapier108 said:

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Accidents do happen, and most of the time it is just that; not some grand evil scheme.
Completely agree. I need to screenshot this post....because comments like yours are a rarity on here.
wessimo
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Tramp96 said:

Who drives a Tesla to a ranch?

Rich people ranches aren't like your ranch. My last company did work for a VERY wealthy guy on his "ranch" putting in airplane hangars for his aircraft fleet. I saw pictures of the place, and it was certainly somewhere someone might drive a Tesla to.

South of Utopia?
TXAG 05
AG
BluHorseShu said:

Rapier108 said:

Not everything is a conspiracy.

Accidents do happen, and most of the time it is just that; not some grand evil scheme.
Completely agree. I need to screenshot this post....because comments like yours are a rarity on here.

Most likely she wasn't paying attention or got lost, drove into the water and couldn't get out of the car. Probably not whacked by a ChiCom hit squad.

The stories of getting hit at a light just doesn't hold much weight. Like others have said, a car accident is big news in a place like Blanco. I grew up in New Braunfels, back when it was still a small town and a car wreck would make front page news, even if the person in the wreck wasn't a famous person like this case, and yet no reports of a wreck or status of the driver who hit her?
The Kraken
AG
And once again F16 lives up to its reputation to post bizarre, unfounded conspiracy theory claims from the bottom feeders on X/Twitter or other dark places on the internet.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
akm91
AG
Quote:

She was just asking for advice on schools for her not-yet-elementary age baby, who she leaves behind and now won't grow up with a mom because a trucker ran a red light.
From my understanding, Chao doesn't have any kids of her own; she has 9 step children from her two marriages. She has 6 from her first marriage that ended in 2009 and 3 from her husbands first marriage that ended in 2004.
"And liberals, being liberals, will double down on failure." - dedgod
rgag12
AG
Interesting take coming from the Kraken
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
rgag12 said:

Slicer97 said:

Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.
Hey, I like Blanco. Nice place just bfore Fredericksburg
SHUT UP!!!

If they don't already know about it, they don't need to know about it. Keep nice, quiet places nice, quiet places, capice?

You probably got a good 15 years or so before development blows past Spring Branch on 281 and west from Dripping Springs on 290 and overruns the county. Enjoy it while it lasts

Should be a crime.

Not really, but I'm tired of humans constantly expanding and building on top of beautiful parts of the country.
Im Gipper
EVAg is on the brink of being an F16 Legend!

He either came hard with the "we know stuff" post on the cause of this accident being a trucker running a red light, or:

He will do down as a CCP plant!

Either way, popcorn is ready!

I'm Gipper
Grapesoda2525
EVAg said:

This is a terribly insensitive thread and should be taken down for the good of all Aggies.

Angela was a close neighbor, a casual friend of my wife's, and a member of our church. She was an amazing person, one of the nicest you'll ever meet. She was just asking for advice on schools for her not-yet-elementary age baby, who she leaves behind and now won't grow up with a mom because a trucker ran a red light.

It's a tragedy.

My wife (not an ag & not on TA) sent me a text today when this thread made its way around the web with the quote "your aggies are a-holes". Come on y'all.
The internet is the last place to look if you're seeking kindness and a welcoming audience.
The Kraken
AG
rgag12 said:

Interesting take coming from the Kraken
It's called a fart off.
plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose
MAROON
AG
when this was first reported I found a report that she died in a car accident in Austin (not Blanco). Hit by someone who ran a red light and they were drunk. Other driver charged with vehicular manslaughter (this should be pretty easy to find out by searing Travis County court records). But since that time, I've not been able to find that report again.

At this point I think it's safe to say we don't know all the facts yet but the Austin American Statesman just reported this:

Angela Chao, CEO of Foremost Group, dies on private property in Texas (statesman.com)

The comment about what is a Tesla being on a ranch is funny. Most ranches in Texas have nice enough drives from the front gate to the ranch house. Even poor people have a nice enough caliche or gravel road.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
EVAg said:

My wife (not an ag & not on TA) sent me a text today when this thread made its way around the web with the quote "your aggies are a-holes". Come on y'all.

Tell your wife welcome to the internet.
CheeseSndwch

I don't even understand what the "conspiracy" is supposed to be here. That she's still alive and hanging out with JFK Jr. ready to launch a surprise run as his VP? That she was killed by the deep state for being a super secret triple agent for Taiwan, China and the US?

Sounds like she accidentally drove her car into a lake on private property and sadly passed away, and the family wanted to keep things private while they mourned what happened. This thread is bizarre.

Hey remember that time Ted Kennedy drove his car off a bridge and Mary Jo Kopechne died and people wanted to discuss the suspicious nature of the incident? How bizarre.
El Gallo Blanco
redcrayon said:

EVAg said:

This is a terribly insensitive thread and should be taken down for the good of all Aggies.

Angela was a close neighbor, a casual friend of my wife's, and a member of our church. She was an amazing person, one of the nicest you'll ever meet. She was just asking for advice on schools for her not-yet-elementary age baby, who she leaves behind and now won't grow up with a mom because a trucker ran a red light.

It's a tragedy.

Can you tell us where, exactly, the accident happened?
This is what I want to know. Because several mainstream news outlets are saying she backed her car into a pond on a private ranch. Can't find anything on a fatal car crash in Blanco or Central Texas involving her.

It's possible this could just be horrible reporting, but I am curious as to how the accounts could be so vastly different.

EVAg comes across as sincere...just weird how the news could get it so dead wrong.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
oh no said:

i think the bizarre part is after a tweet that she drove her tesla into a pond on a private ranch, there are posters who knew her claiming it was actually a trucker running a red light. ...with very few red lights and no reports of accidents, seems little bizarre. that is all.

Yep.

I'm not sure why this is so mystifying to a handful of posters here.
Tibbers
Perhaps both are right? Car was involved in a hit and run and then the car was dumped in a lake by the person who hit her? Maybe the accident happened on the ranch and the perpetrators dumped the car? I'd imagine if the accident happened on the ranch, would it make the police blotters if handled internally? Also, whose ranch did this occur?

But yeah, EVAG, please answer the questions. What child? What accident?
Im Gipper
Quote:

Car was involved in a hit and run and then the car was dumped in a lake by the person who hit her?

I'm Gipper
Tibbers
Just trying to understand what the heck EVag was talking about.
redcrayon
AG
Tibbers said:

Just trying to understand what the heck EVag was talking about.
I feel like he's talking about a completely different person.
EVAg
AG
Yesterday said:

SouthLlano said:

I usually post in the zoo and occasionally in travel. I read f16 and rarely post. The post that mentioned goldfish is the one that made me decide to post here. Conspiracy post all you want, but the goldfish post was just embarrassing. I actually was acquainted with her and her husband in Austin. Everything I know about them proves them to be very good people. I've been banned multiple times on the zoo for way less than some of the posts here. Not sure why this is still a thread. Your sleuthing of my post frequency is impressive.

I'm guessing here but it's probably still a thread because the OP states the driver backed into a pond while at least one Aggie who knows this woman's said she was hit by a semi truck and that she had a young child(which seems to be invalid). This after said poster condemned the OP for posting rumors.

I think it's plausible they were good people and knew many Texans while at the same time her husband is connected to the CCP and she in fact backed her Tesla into a pond.

On the other hand it's plausible she was hit by a semi, she has no connection to the CCP and she was a lovely woman whose reputation was being tarnished because she's related to Mconnell.

Either way, I'm ere to see what the truth is.
They live on my daggum street and go to our church. But if you must, here is a mainstream link confirming what we know first hand.

"In addition to her father and Elaine Chao, Ms. Chao is survived by three other sisters, her husband and their 3-year-old son." - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/14/business/angela-chao-dead.html

Our other neighbors told us that a truck ran a red light here in Austin and hit her, but I don't know nor care the accident details. I'm just sad for my wife who really liked her, and for their family and the community.

I hoped I'd post here originally and this thread with really tasteless comments, that were bothering some people close to her, would be taken down and let rest by good ags. Guess that's not gonna happen.

MarkTwain
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
MarkTwain

Quote:

Blanco County authorities are investigating the death Angela Chao, CEO of shipping company Foremost Group, who died in a car accident in Texas on Sunday on a rural tract of private property, the American-Statesman has learned.

Authorities do not suspect foul play, a law enforcement source told the Statesman. Chao is believed to have possibly drowned after her car entered a body of water on the property, although the cause of her death has not been determined.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/02/15/angela-chao-accident-austin-texas-ceo-foremost-group-elaine-chao/72611663007/?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=statesman
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Sims
AG
Good thing the OB wasn't beckoned to track down the truck driver that ran a red light and killed her (according to neighbors). You'd hate for people to make assumptions based on developing information...especially on an internet message board.

Suppose the most correct answer is to stop posting and only receive our information from approved sources.
Im Gipper
Unless that big rig ran a red light on the private property (which I have never heard of) and sent her car into the water, that story is not holding up.

I'm Gipper
aggiehawg
AG
Foreverconservative said:

Quote:

Blanco County authorities are investigating the death Angela Chao, CEO of shipping company Foremost Group, who died in a car accident in Texas on Sunday on a rural tract of private property, the American-Statesman has learned.

Authorities do not suspect foul play, a law enforcement source told the Statesman. Chao is believed to have possibly drowned after her car entered a body of water on the property, although the cause of her death has not been determined.

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/02/15/angela-chao-accident-austin-texas-ceo-foremost-group-elaine-chao/72611663007/?utm_source=SND&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=statesman
Water in the lungs. Did she drown? Travis County ME's office handles Blanco County autopsies.
redcrayon
AG
Quote:

I hoped I'd post here originally and this thread with really tasteless comments, that were bothering some people close to her, would be taken down and let rest by good ags. Guess that's not gonna happen.
That's not really how this works. You can flag posts that you find inappropriate but they may or may not be removed.

If you're wife is easily upset, which it appears she is, you might counsel her to avoid message boards.
Tibbers
So now it's your other neighbors who told you this. I tell ya, yall are some tight knit neighbors. I couldn't tell you who my neighbors even are. Different worlds I guess. So you're just relaying what someone else told you that you assume came from the family themselves. Now why would they share those details with them but are tight lipped about everything to everyone else, you know, official sources and all.

Further, aren't you the least bit concerned that there's no knowledge as to the driver of the other vehicle? Or where it happened? Or who owns the ranch she was at?

Speculation usually arises from incomplete information so if your wife is so hurt by people's speculation, then kindly get the real full story out. There's too much oddity and her husband's recent actions dictate further inquisition. The timing of it all looks quite raw.
MarkTwain
Guess he's grieving on X

The story of her having a 3yr old is BS as well.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2024/02/15/angela-chao-dies-mitch-mcconnell/97032bfa-cc55-11ee-aa8e-1e5794a4b2d6_story.html

Quote:

Her father was named chairman of Foremost Group following her death. Michael Lee, a former president, was named president.

Chao is survived by her husband, father and four sisters.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Is it possible that the death was self inflicted?

Would explain a lot about how this has been handled so far.
sonnysixkiller
AG
What is the reason I should give two ****s about this??
C@LAg
sonnysixkiller said:

Chinese ninjas have been streaming over the border, and are now committing political assassinations to serve as threats to mitch mcconnell to keep the border open.

duh
Yesterday
AG
sonnysixkiller said:

Anytime there's a suspicious death that is connected to someone in DC it gets funneled into the "assassination" category. Almost all are BS unless you're Epstein. Or that kid who was giving up Clinton Secrets.
Flavius Agximus
AG
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

rgag12 said:

Slicer97 said:

Sharpshooter said:

ABATTBQ87 said:

What the heck is she doing in Blanco?? Talk about a little bitty pissant country place.
Hey, I like Blanco. Nice place just bfore Fredericksburg
SHUT UP!!!

If they don't already know about it, they don't need to know about it. Keep nice, quiet places nice, quiet places, capice?

You probably got a good 15 years or so before development blows past Spring Branch on 281 and west from Dripping Springs on 290 and overruns the county. Enjoy it while it lasts

Should be a crime.

Not really, but I'm tired of humans constantly expanding and building on top of beautiful parts of the country.
According to our dear leaders, there aren't enough people here so we have to let millions more cross over uncontrolled. There are currently 340 million people officially, not including undocumented.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.