Mitch McConnell's SIL dies in car "accident"?

49,660 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepanic95
Tibbers
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://in.marketscreener.com/news/latest/Jim-Breyer-CEO-of-Breyer-Capital-has-suspended-his-investments-in-China-for-18-months-45773906/
Stat Monitor Repairman
Emergency vehicles and tow truck with high ground clearance couldn't get adjacent to the area but a Tesla with no ground clearance did at some point?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
oh no said:

Come on, y'all. Politically connected Taiwanese billionaires with close ties to the CCP have accidents in ponds out in the country all the time. Tragic accident, nothing more, obviously, so stop asking questions and don't let your curiosity lead you to wonder if it was a suicide or something more sinister, and if either, why. Sometimes Teslas just drive themselves. Case closed.

She's just joining Scalia in that big Texas ranch in the sky.
Tibbers
Interesting wrinkle is that it appears the Breyer group, through a trust, owns the JW ranch. So it appears she would be very familiar with the ranch as her husband in part owns it. So the question then, who else was there? Who called it in? Did the police do any legwork to at least document who was there?

And again, we need access to the 911 call. It took the police 9 minutes to arrive on the scene and it took an hour and half to get her out of the vehicle. What?
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
Quote:

Interesting wrinkle is that it appears the Breyer group, through a trust, owns the JW ranch

Stat Monitor Repairman
Tibbers said:

Ah, very interesting point. The address in question is only where the car ended up, maybe not where the accident initially took place. I'd check properties up river as well. Cars don't just sink when they get into water, so the fact that the car was already submerged by this time suggests the car had been in the water for a little bit. Perhaps awhile, which again goes back to, who found the car initially and who called it in.

We only have the second half of the story.
Bottom of a tesla is completely flat so it could've yeeted far out in the water depending on how fast she was going You right though. The car might've floated for some time into deeper water.

Does a Tesla battery have enough amps to electrocute somebody if the battery and occupant are partially submerged in water?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Some Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Quote:

Interesting wrinkle is that it appears the Breyer group, through a trust, owns the JW ranch

So the Breyer Group can have a ranch, but it's sudenly a problem if Elon wants to build a personal residence close to the Gigafactory warranting SEC involvement?

Hmmm nice.
Tibbers
https://www.statesman.com/story/news/state/2024/02/24/foremost-ceo-angela-chao-submerged-rescue-attempt-blanco-county-ems-chief/72719294007/
Glenlivet
AG
Maybe someone hacked her tesla's system?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Read where the autopsy was blocked at the family's request, ... is this a fact?
Tibbers
The lake in question is 128 feet wide. I still don't see how it's possible for a tesla with low ground clearance as stated above could clear the retaining wall for the parking lot. So let's say it floated to the very middle of the lake, 75 feet is far for sure. Further, someone else had to be on property. How else would the gate be opened to let the police in? It is possible this was her first time on property? For sure. But if not, who was she entertaining? Again, was her husband there?

Keep in mind, the only reason we have the report of what happened was because the fire department disclosed their portion of the story which is why it feels incomplete. Well, because it is. The police have not been forthcoming with any information at all and since they were the first on the scene, they would obviously have the rest of the story.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Don't see how she got enough momentum to get in the middle of the pond without going full on Duke boys.

Do Teslas have any kind of crash detection system that shut down the car if you go off road over rough terrain at high speed?
Tibbers
Parking lot at it's greatest width is 222 feet. Remember the reports of her backing her tesla into the pond? Where did we glean that info if the police has been stonewalling info?
oh no
AG
perhaps she was testing Tesla's new amphibious hovercraft mode:

Stat Monitor Repairman
Max speed of a Tesla in reverse is 15mph.
Tibbers
Here's a question. Why is the police not forthcoming but the fire department is? These aren't elected officials so what would the fallout be from complying with requests for journalists? Is the fire department down there volunteer? Perhaps that's why they don't care?
Dufflepud
The agent of the "ranch" (50 acres ain't a ranch) is this guy.
C@LAg
Im Gipper said:

What are police protecting the big rig driver?

this.

still waiting.

i mean, if a rando poster creates a sock account to come in here guns blazing, there HAS to be evidence?

RIGHT?
aggiehawg
AG
Tibbers said:

Here's a question. Why is the police not forthcoming but the fire department is? These aren't elected officials so what would the fallout be from complying with requests for journalists? Is the fire department down there volunteer? Perhaps that's why they don't care?
They have a mix of fulltime firefighters and volunteers in Blanco County. Also firefighters are required to write up their incident reports a lot quicker than cops are required to file their reports. Firefighters are not gathering evidence or anything else that is investigatory, thus their reports are completed much sooner.
Tibbers
I'm only referencing the article posted which suggests the police have not been forthcoming at all. Again, that's the Statesman, not me. However, if it were cut and dry, wouldn't we know by now what happened? I mean, if it were obvious, there wouldn't need to be much of an investigation, right? Further, as we have seen with the autopsy report not wanting to be made public, could there be a push there as well? You know way more than me hawg, so please enlighten us.
BadMoonRisin
AG
Doesnt the Tesla have a backup camera with computer vision? Im surprised it let this person keep driving in reverse into water.

My wife's RAV4 has sonar detection that might not detect it, but surely a Tesla would, right? When she's backing up into something solid, at a certain point, it applies the brakes for you even if you keep your foot on the gas.
Tibbers
Exactly, they beep at you quite loudly when you approach anything meaningful to collide into which is why I'm curious of the setup of the parking lot.

We had a fella in here earlier who had a great deal of knowledge of the property. I'd like for them to come back to fill in the gaps.
Tibbers
Dufflepud said:

"Bill is a co-founder and Chairman of Caring for Cambodia, a nonprofit organization that works to educate the children of Cambodia through building schools, training teachers and providing for basic human needs. He holds a master's degree in management and is a Sloan Fellow of the Stanford Graduate School of Business. He earned a bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering from Lehigh University."

Remember the name Preah Khan ranch rentals? There's an interesting Cambodia connection. From what I understand that entity has dissolved. Has it not? Weren't they apart of Mustang Waters Ranch? If so, they are inactive as of now.

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/455-N-Cityfront-Plaza-Dr-Sui17_Chicago_IL_60611_M96488-46692

As opposed as the address listed as to is the current owner of JW Ranch which is located in NBC Tower, a stone's throw from the river? Holy moly the amount of money flowing here, sheesh.
aggiehawg
AG
Tibbers said:

I'm only referencing the article posted which suggests the police have not been forthcoming at all. Again, that's the Statesman, not me. However, if it were cut and dry, wouldn't we know by now what happened? I mean, if it were obvious, there wouldn't need to be much of an investigation, right? Further, as we have seen with the autopsy report not wanting to be made public, could there be a push there as well? You know way more than me hawg, so please enlighten us.
Full autopsies can take weeks or even months to get all of the toxicology and tissue sample reports back. Blanco County relies upon the Travis County ME's office to conduct autopsies for them. So there's a bit of delay there as well depending on how busy that ME office is at the time.

Remember, the ME's office not only decides the COD, cause of death but also the MOD, manner of death. Natural causes, homicide, suicide, accident or unknown. The MOD is not a legal conclusion that is binding upon anyone, including any DA office looking into the death.

As to keeping the autopsy reports secret, that's a mixed bag. The authorirites may want to keep them secret as the family requests but they are not always able to do so under open records requests. And again the ME's decision on MOD comes into play.

HTH.
MAROON
AG
Dufflepud said:

Pretty sure it's over 500 acres.
Tibbers
I see, I see. Thanks for the insight. Time will tell with this story but I encourage all with the capacity to do so, to fill out a FOIA as to the details to this story. The greater push we can muster as to the details, the greater capacity for illumination as to what happened.
Tibbers
BT1395 said:

The total ranch is worth FAR more than $5mm. I can assure you that I am very familiar with the ranch, how they assembled it (including the adjacent property with the air strip), and how much they paid for everything. But none of that is relevant here to the scenario. The previous owners listed have nothing to do with this.

It was a tragic accident - nothing more than that.
Tell us more about the property, please.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Wonder what she was doing driving around at night anyway.

Setting off to go somewhere at midnight?

Only people out that time of night are drunks and cops.
Tibbers
The bigger question is...why leave at all? The trust owns the ranch...why take the risk? Why not just go to sleep at the ranch? Again, who called in the 911 call?
Stat Monitor Repairman
If someone on the ranch saw the accident and called 911 it begs the question why the deputies didn't have a better idea of what had happened when they got there.

For example, the report says that "Deputies were in the water standing on what they believed was the vehicle, trying to gain access to the possible victim inside the vehicle"

Also that a "two-man search crew was deployed to search the rest of the bank of the pond for possible victim(s)."

If the driver contacted 911 herself then one of the first questions asked would be how many people in the car and this would've been presumably communicated to the deputies.

So if the driver didn't call 911 herself, then whoever did call might have watched the car sink while on the phone with 911.

Presumably the 911 call will be the answer to what happened here.
agracer
AG
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Emergency vehicles and tow truck with high ground clearance couldn't get adjacent to the area but a Tesla with no ground clearance did at some point?
She went into the lake, and it was speculated in earlier posts that the car floated a bit before it went under. It's entirely possible she went in where any car could have, then floated 50+ yards in a direction that made it inaccessible to other vehicles.
Tibbers
Yes, the middle of the lake is 75 feet away from the edge. My main question is how did the car get close enough to the water? Again, we don't even know if this is the lake in question.

Further, if it is as simple as this story suggests, why would the police department not be forthcoming with information unless the investigation still persists?
MarkTwain
Tibbers said:

Yes, the middle of the lake is 75 feet away from the edge. My main question is how did the car get close enough to the water?
Are you referring to any of the bodies of water near the Ranch House that has to one hole golf course behind it?

Reason I ask I'm trying to find this lake that is 150 ft across on that property. I see the damed up Miller Creek that's barely 45 feet across at the widest part and approximately a mile in length. then there are two clear ponds north of the house near what looks like a barn of some sort. The ponds are very clear water and appear to have a Georgetown limestone type bottom, thus the blue clear water.

I'm gauging all these distances off the nearby strips on Hwy 290, stripes being 10 ft in length and the gaps being 30 ft in length for reference.

“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Tibbers
Google earth has a measure tool. I used that. I am referring to the lake house looking building behind the massive mansion thingy. That way you don't have to guess as to the distances. Was she just backing up from being at the lake house and simply backed up too far? None of this adds up. Would you not just entertain in the mansion?

For context, a Tesla in Norway plunged into the water. This was with the windows opened and the drivers on the roof.

With the methods used to get access to the car, one can assume the windows and doors were still closed. How long can a car float before it sinks in that regard?
Stat Monitor Repairman
Makes sense. Historical weather data shows there was a breeze at around 5 mph that night so it could've drifted some distance from where it went in the water.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.