Mitch McConnell's SIL dies in car "accident"?

49,699 Views | 404 Replies | Last: 6 mo ago by aggiepanic95
oh no
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
MAROON said:

just looked up how to open a Tesla doors from the inside if it loses power. All I can say is if you don't know how before you need to, you could be in trouble. The lever on the front door is not obvious. The back seat is actually ridiculous - I would call it a death trap if you are in the back.
don't tell assassins, CIA, etc. this news. we may soon start seeing a lot more accidental tesla drownings.
MAROON
AG
The rear door release is a plaintiff attorneys wet dream.
aggiehawg
AG
MAROON said:

The rear door release is a plaintiff attorneys wet dream.
Where is it?
Im Gipper
What are police protecting the big rig driver?

I'm Gipper
MAROON
AG
On one model you have to take the cover off the door speaker. On another pull up the carpet under the back seat. Not exactly easy if the car is on fire or filling with water!
aggiehawg
AG
MAROON said:

On one model you have to take the cover off the door speaker. On another pull up the carpet under the back seat. Not exactly easy if the car is on fire or filling with water!
Yes, that is a plaintiff's attorney dream.
ValleyRatAg
AG
Sounds like my scenario is very plausible. For the record I've never been in a Tesla and was just speculating knowing everything was electronic.

I could see her backing off the edge of a drive dropping about a foot straight down with a major jarring as the frame hits the ground and flooring it in reverse. Then while panicking to figure out a seatbelt and a door that won't open due to water pressure or electronic failure opening a window to gallons of water per second rushing right into her face. It can happen so quick. Whole thing is over in 90 seconds. No imagine possibly being slightly tipsy during that 90 seconds.

I have no idea who she is, never heard of her before this story. Have no speculation as to her patriotism. Just speculating on a very legitimate way this happens.
Stat Monitor Repairman

You;'d assume the Tesla would float for some amount of time before it sank. The Tesla was probably 600 pounds or so heavier than the Rice prof's Prius that went floating down Montrose a few years ago.

In any event, how hard is it for a smaller person to bust their way out of a floating Tesla not knowing about the emergency release?

Presumably this can't be the first time a Tesla has been wrecked into a body of water. So who knows?

oh no
AG
Lack of info and no details from the family would typically lead to a conclusion of suicide. If this politically and globally connected billionaire's death wasn't a homicide or a suicide, and she truly just drove into a pond by accident and got trapped in her car, then perhaps the auto manufacturer will get some heat from this. Still crazy this thread had people with personal relationships with the deceased telling us about some red light running truckers earlier though.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Incident Report narrative from Blanco County:

Quote:

Authorization Date INCIDENT NARRATIVE Blanco County ESD 2 was dispatched to assist Blanco County ESD 1 for a reported water rescue. Engine 81 went en route, and while en route, Engine 81 contacted dispatch for updated info and directions. Directions were given to be on JW Ranch at 101 Schneider Ln. Johnson City, TX.

Engine 81 arrived on the scene with Medic 32 already on the scene with deputies. The engine crew walked to the scene due to the terrain and accessibility of the location. Once on location, I was given an update on the situation from Medic 32 who had command. The report given by command was 1 vehicle in the water with a possible victim trapped inside the vehicle. The vehicle was completely submerged underwater. The Deputies were in the water standing on what they believed was the vehicle, trying to gain access to the possible victim inside the vehicle. Engine crews donned appropriate PPE gear for the rescue and set up scene lighting.

Two-man search crew was deployed to search the rest of the bank of the pond for possible victim(s). Dispatch was contacted by command for the possible dive team to make a location, but no dive team was available. Deputies were still in the water attempting to gain access to the victim. Additional re units arrived on the scene. Medic 32 requested Medic 71 to make the location. Chip 2 and Medic 71 arrived on location. The tow truck arrived on location and was attempting to reach the vehicle with tow chains from the other bank but was unable due to distance.

The two deputies who were in the water standing on the submerged vehicle requested tools to break the window of the vehicle to perform a possible rescue. One EMS crew member donned water rescue PPE and entered the water with a Hallagan tool. One Fireghter entered the water wearing proper water PPE relaying tools to attempt rescue, several tools were used to attempt access to the victim. A two-man search team completed a search of the pond with no victims found. A two-man search team was then tasked with relaying tools to assist in rescue operations.

Tools used were the Hallagan tool and the Pike Pole. Command stayed on shore to monitor safety and progress. The victim was successfully extricated from the vehicle and brought to shore by the rescue team. Once the victim was on shore, medical care was provided. The engine crew assisted with patient care. Command contacted medical control and resuscitation eorts were seized. For patient medical report see Medic 32 patient report. Engine 81crew remained on scene with the medic crew to assist in cleanup and equipment decon. Engine 81 was released by command and returned to service. EOR

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24439904-2401912
MarkTwain
Stat Monitor Repairman said:

Incident Report narrative from Blanco County:

Quote:

Authorization Date INCIDENT NARRATIVE Blanco County ESD 2 was dispatched to assist Blanco County ESD 1 for a reported water rescue. Engine 81 went en route, and while en route, Engine 81 contacted dispatch for updated info and directions. Directions were given to be on JW Ranch at 101 Schneider Ln. Johnson City, TX.

Engine 81 arrived on the scene with Medic 32 already on the scene with deputies. The engine crew walked to the scene due to the terrain and accessibility of the location. Once on location, I was given an update on the situation from Medic 32 who had command. The report given by command was 1 vehicle in the water with a possible victim trapped inside the vehicle. The vehicle was completely submerged underwater. The Deputies were in the water standing on what they believed was the vehicle, trying to gain access to the possible victim inside the vehicle. Engine crews donned appropriate PPE gear for the rescue and set up scene lighting.

Two-man search crew was deployed to search the rest of the bank of the pond for possible victim(s). Dispatch was contacted by command for the possible dive team to make a location, but no dive team was available. Deputies were still in the water attempting to gain access to the victim. Additional re units arrived on the scene. Medic 32 requested Medic 71 to make the location. Chip 2 and Medic 71 arrived on location. The tow truck arrived on location and was attempting to reach the vehicle with tow chains from the other bank but was unable due to distance.

The two deputies who were in the water standing on the submerged vehicle requested tools to break the window of the vehicle to perform a possible rescue. One EMS crew member donned water rescue PPE and entered the water with a Hallagan tool. One Fireghter entered the water wearing proper water PPE relaying tools to attempt rescue, several tools were used to attempt access to the victim. A two-man search team completed a search of the pond with no victims found. A two-man search team was then tasked with relaying tools to assist in rescue operations.

Tools used were the Hallagan tool and the Pike Pole. Command stayed on shore to monitor safety and progress. The victim was successfully extricated from the vehicle and brought to shore by the rescue team. Once the victim was on shore, medical care was provided. The engine crew assisted with patient care. Command contacted medical control and resuscitation eorts were seized. For patient medical report see Medic 32 patient report. Engine 81crew remained on scene with the medic crew to assist in cleanup and equipment decon. Engine 81 was released by command and returned to service. EOR

https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/24439904-2401912
Okay a rescue squad could drive to the location due to terrain yet she managed to back a Tesla car into the pond. That's very curious.

I also find it strange not one of the rescue team had a pocket window breaker on them? I mean I carry a Gerber Tactical ink pen 27/7 that doubles as a window breaker. Again very curious
“Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience" - Mark Twain
Explosivo12
JW ranch - a property worth nearly 5 million dollars.

https://esearch.blancocad.com/Property/View/10224?year=2023&ownerId=129694

Owned by JWJC RANCH LP

https://www.bizapedia.com/de/jwjc-ranch-lp.html

Incorporation through Delaware (shocker)

but as to who owns JWJC ranch, that is a mystery. Perhaps someone on here knows and can tell us.

Also, at one time, operating off the same address, a ranch rental business that looks to be dissolved now.

https://www.bizapedia.com/tx/preah-khan-ranch-rentals-llc.html

Preah Khan Ranch Rentals. Interesting, Preah Khan is a temple found at Angkor in Cambodia.

Anyway, we still need the 911 call disclosed as to ascertain how the car got in the water in the first place and determine who made the call. Were they still present on the scene? Seems like the Incident narrative only tells the second half of the story.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Quote:

The tow truck arrived on location and was attempting to reach the vehicle with tow chains from the other bank but was unable due to distance.
Also it seems like the Tesla was out in deep water. Deep enough where they couldn't see the vehicle but were standing on it. Must've floated for some amount of time and then sank.

Don't see how you accidentally reverse that fast to go off the road with enough momentum to submerge the entire vehicle. Seems like you'd get stuck first and be partially submerged.
Tibbers
Ah, very interesting point. The address in question is only where the car ended up, maybe not where the accident initially took place. I'd check properties up river as well. Cars don't just sink when they get into water, so the fact that the car was already submerged by this time suggests the car had been in the water for a little bit. Perhaps awhile, which again goes back to, who found the car initially and who called it in.

We only have the second half of the story.
CanyonAg77
AG
Quote:

The address in question is only where the car ended up
I think it may be the address of the entrance gate, not the actual GPS coordinates of the accident
BadMoonRisin
AG
Haha i remember this guy. This happened in Austin. He rolled down the window and was shouting to the news camera guy "What should I do?" and the reporter was like "SWIM!" "huh? What do I do?"

SWIM!
Tibbers
I mean, just scanning the property on Google Earth and you just wonder how this happened at all. The road in question is not close to the water. You would have to drive through a bit of vegetation just to get there, something you would clearly notice even at night in unfamiliar terrain. Further, the "river" in question is dammed up on both sides of the property, meaning, It's not a flowing river. It's more like a lake. The property itself takes up nearly all available access to the river. The dam itself, which also appears to be the bridge to get to the entrance of the ranch, appears to have a wall preventing this very thing from happening.

Think about it like this, say she did somehow back into the "river", would she not be the one to call 911? Most folks carry their phones on them all the time, especially in this situation, would it not make sense that she would call for help?

Doing a walkthrough down to the ranch, there is a giant fence protecting folks from deviating off the road. As you approach the gate, the river is barely visible. This, judging from the terrain would mean, in my estimation that this incident happened on the property itself as I don't see how it's possible for a car to float to that location.

There are a couple of lakes on the property as well, perhaps that's where the incident took place. Without being on the land to see the dam myself, It doesn't really seem possible that this happened if the wall in question is as I am thinking.
Stat Monitor Repairman
Agreed. Seems like the car would float for a good amount of time and the lady would've had time to call 911 herself.

Will be interesting to see who saw the incident and called 911, at midnight in a rural area.
BT1395
AG
The total ranch is worth FAR more than $5mm. I can assure you that I am very familiar with the ranch, how they assembled it (including the adjacent property with the air strip), and how much they paid for everything. But none of that is relevant here to the scenario. The previous owners listed have nothing to do with this.

It was a tragic accident - nothing more than that.
one safe place
Tibbers said:

I mean, just scanning the property on Google Earth and you just wonder how this happened at all. The road in question is not close to the water. You would have to drive through a bit of vegetation just to get there, something you would clearly notice even at night in unfamiliar terrain. Further, the "river" in question is dammed up on both sides of the property, meaning, It's not a flowing river. It's more like a lake. The property itself takes up nearly all available access to the river. The dam itself, which also appears to be the bridge to get to the entrance of the ranch, appears to have a wall preventing this very thing from happening.

Think about it like this, say she did somehow back into the "river", would she not be the one to call 911? Most folks carry their phones on them all the time, especially in this situation, would it not make sense that she would call for help?
Can't speak for this specific location but we have been on two different ranches out that way and there was no cell service anywhere on the ranches. Sometimes a text would go through, but even that was rare. We used walkie talkies to communicate on the property.
Urban Ag
AG
she was probably drunk

Tibbers
one safe place said:

Tibbers said:

Can't speak for this specific location but we have been on two different ranches out that way and there was no cell service anywhere on the ranches. Sometimes a text would go through, but even that was rare. We used walkie talkies to communicate on the property.
Then who called it in? Wifi would be active, but not that far out, but certainly phones are accessible at the ranch via wifi.
Tibbers
BT1395 said:

The total ranch is worth FAR more than $5mm. I can assure you that I am very familiar with the ranch, how they assembled it (including the adjacent property with the air strip), and how much they paid for everything. But none of that is relevant here to the scenario. The previous owners listed have nothing to do with this.

Then would you kindly tell us about the nature of the entrance to the JW ranch? Do you drive over the dam to get to the ranch? Is there a wall to prevent this occurrence? If the incident occurred at the lakes on the ranch, there are buildings directly attached to the lakes. Those buildings would have wifi, that wifi, would likely reach the short distance to the lakes.

Even at the lakes in question, the main lake has another retaining wall, again to prevent this occurrence. Between the road and the lake are a line of trees as well at its closest and its furthest would require driving over a good portion of dirt and earth just to get to the lake.

I don't care if you're drunk, you'd notice that just as you'd notice colliding with a retaining wall.

There see to be a few main structures. Obviously the ranch house (more like a mansion) then next door is a guest house with some stables behind the main ranch house.

Then there is a road leading to a secondary guest house next to the lake.

There is plenty of parking next to this spot so it's clearly where events would take place. Again, this simply doesn't make sense by looking at the topography from my estimation of course.

I have no idea, but I would love for folks who have walked the ranch or have familiarity with it to kindly give us their thoughts on this terrible circumstance.
Tibbers
Urban Ag said:

she was probably drunk

Then where was she driving to? Wouldn't she be staying at the property?
TAMUallen
AG
BT1395 said:

Neat that you have such knowledge. Were you on scene? What details do you know?
richardag
Tibbers said:

Perhaps both are right? Car was involved in a hit and run and then the car was dumped in a lake by the person who hit her? Maybe the accident happened on the ranch and the perpetrators dumped the car? I'd imagine if the accident happened on the ranch, would it make the police blotters if handled internally? Also, whose ranch did this occur?

But yeah, EVAG, please answer the questions. What child? What accident?
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Thomas Jefferson, Letter to Edward Carrington, January 16, 1787
Tibbers
EVAG is, from all official accounts, the only one who has brought that information to the table. That has not been corroborated by anyone else which of course begs the question, where did that come from at all? If it was as simple as, she backed into the lake and the Tesla shorted out, why wouldn't that be an easy thing for the police department to put to bed. Instead, they are slow walking information. It's all very strange.

Again, the 911 call, I think, will contain a great deal of information as to what the heck happened.
richardag
EVAg said:

They live on my daggum street and go to our church. But if you must, here is a mainstream link confirming what we know first hand.

"In addition to her father and Elaine Chao, Ms. Chao is survived by three other sisters, her husband and their 3-year-old son." - https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/14/business/angela-chao-dead.html

Our other neighbors told us that a truck ran a red light here in Austin and hit her, but I don't know nor care the accident details. I'm just sad for my wife who really liked her, and for their family and the community.

I hoped I'd post here originally and this thread with really tasteless comments, that were bothering some people close to her, would be taken down and let rest by good ags. Guess that's not gonna happen.

"Our other neighbors told us that a truck ran a red light here in Austin and hit he"

So you come on this thread spreading unfounded rumors concerning the cause of her tragic death, then arrogantly condemn all of the posters in this forum and this forum in particular.
Maybe you should consider the possibility you are part of the problem before casting universal aspersions.
Seems a tragic accident.
Among the latter, under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep.”
Tibbers
Who owns JW Ranch? Why would she be at this particular ranch on this particular day? Was the owner there as well? Was her husband? Who else was at the ranch at the time? The possible ranch owner's name I have found, not going to post it as I don't know the validity of the info, is involved with global energy investments based out of Houston. Again, I have no idea about any of this and am merely asking questions.
richardag
EVAg said:

suburban cowboy said:

Sounds like suicide, but could easily have been a hit.

I just find it funny how when tragic things happen to people in our communities, we all of a sudden know the deepest personal struggles and secrets of a nice person that we go to church with or live down the street from.
I can't imagine it was intentional, but we weren't close enough to really know. Especially in these circles people are very private. But it's weird and extremely sad. I hope they get to the bottom of it. Definitely not humorous.
Agreed.
agracer
AG
Tibbers said:

Doing a walkthrough down to the ranch, there is a giant fence protecting folks from deviating off the road. As you approach the gate, the river is barely visible. This, judging from the terrain would mean, in my estimation that this incident happened on the property itself as I don't see how it's possible for a car to float to that location.

There are a couple of lakes on the property as well, perhaps that's where the incident took place. Without being on the land to see the dam myself, It doesn't really seem possible that this happened if the wall in question is as I am thinking.
there is a house just north of the address in question with a driveway next to a pond and what looks like a wall between the driveway and the pond that is lower than the driveway. I don't think the car was in the body of water tagged Miller Creek.
Tibbers
I agree. The fencing and just surrounding vegetation leading up the JW ranch isn't conducive for this to occur. It likely occurred at the lake next to the lake house. Which again would beg the question, who called it in? Who else was there? Why did she get in her car in the first place? Planning to drive back to Austin? That's an hour long drive and if she were inebriated in any way, why would she get in her car? Why would others around her allow this to occur as well? Would you not hear a car falling into a lake if that's what happened? So many questions and some on here can at least answer some of them as they have before.
MAROON
AG
Tibbers said:

I agree. The fencing and just surrounding vegetation leading up the JW ranch isn't conducive for this to occur. It likely occurred at the lake next to the lake house. Which again would beg the question, who called it in? I would assume her hosts Who else was there? You will never know Why did she get in her car in the first place? Drive home most likely Planning to drive back to Austin? Yes probably That's an hour long drive and if she were inebriated in any way, why would she get in her car? Maybe she wasn't inebriated, and an hour drive is nothing. Maybe it was dark and she made a wrong turn or took a turn too fast. Or maybe she had one too many glasses of wine but exhibited no outward signs of being inebriated. Why would others around her allow this to occur as well? N/A Would you not hear a car falling into a lake if that's what happened? It is for sure what happened per the sheriff report. The sound is probably why they made the 911 call. So many questions and some on here can at least answer some of them as they have before.
Until evidence is shown otherwise you have to assume an accident. The simplest explanation is almost always the correct explanation.
oh no
AG
Come on, y'all. Politically connected Taiwanese billionaires with close ties to the CCP have accidents in ponds out in the country all the time. Tragic accident, nothing more, obviously, so stop asking questions and don't let your curiosity lead you to wonder if it was a suicide or something more sinister, and if either, why. Sometimes Teslas just drive themselves. Case closed.
Texas velvet maestro
MAROON said:

Until evidence is shown otherwise you have to assume an accident. The simplest explanation is almost always the correct explanation.
I used to believe this.
When there are major stakes or billions surrounding an event or person, combined with weird circumstances or a lack of transparency, I now lean toward, something is up.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.